Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Ebony 15" Essense of Phoenix Talon
Jaken strolled onto the pitch, stilll feeling the luck potion. His fingers gripped the handle of the Ruby Streak. He tossed his jacket to the side, just in case he were to get cold. It didn't feel a bit cold to him now, but flying at high speeds may cause him to get goosebumps. He loved the slight breeze, and waited patiently.

Quite elated that she had a date to the Yule Ball, no matter how early she had been asked, Estrella strolled out onto the pitch quite happily. To fend off the cold she had tossed a sweater over her jacket and hoped that the two together would be effective shields. Clutching onto her Amethyst streak, she grinned at Jaken, finally catching up with him. "So, you never told me- did you get onto the Slytherin Quidditch team?" Swinging her leg, she kicked off into the air, hovering at about ten feet and beaming down at him.

Jaken grinned as he saw Estrella bundled up from the chilly air, which had a different effect on him. He saw the Amethyst Streak. The color seemed bold, like his Ruby Streak from Bulgaria. He bent down and grabbed his jacket. He tied it around his waist, not caring how silly it looked. He hopped onto his broom and soared to reach her height, perhaps a bit higher. Jaken answered proudly, "Yes, I did. I made Keeper. I am pretty good at it." Jaken kept perfect balance as he stretched his arms to loosen the muscles. "Are you still on the Quidditch team?" Jaken folded his arms across his chest.

((sorry it took me so long to reply :p ))

Estrella clutched onto her broom as she looked to Jaken, smiling broadly. "Well, I guess we shall be rivals then," she laughed, "But congratulations! I am also Keeper on the Ravenclaw team. Hopefully Quidditch kicks off sometime soon." Hovering where she was, she stated, "So, what did you want to do? Throw a quaffle around? Race around the pitch, perhaps?" While she knew that she should be practicing her other skills, as she should be more concerned with the quaffle than other things, she was still itching to bring her broom to top speed above the pitch. She had not flown for quite a while now, and it was something that saddened her immensely.

((I would be on MSN right now, but, I have to be on and off all day. Chores suck. <_< ))

Jaken wanted very much to fly at the top speed, but after the last crash he had, he might not want to unless he was thinking clearly and not under the potion. "Great, I already have a rival here." He chuckled, "And it's a girl. Does that mean I have to take it easy on you this year?" He never had a female rival, but he couldn't imagine not fulfilling his true potential. Jaken shrugged, "Whatever you want to do. I don't think I should fly around the pitch at a top speed, considering my last...incident of getting distracted." He laughed a bit. "I can stay here and watch you if you like." He must have sounded much like a coward, and it irritated him a bit.

Estrella's mouth hung agape as if she were offended, although she was doing it only in jest, hopefully to get Jaken going. "Go easy on me? Now, that is just insulting, Jaken Styx! I think you looking forward to me going easy on you." Grinning broadly, she added, "And c'mon! Nothing bad can happen, right? You just drank liquid luck!"

She hoped that the potion would not wear off anytime soon, although she knew that time was ticking. She wanted to utilize it while it lasted. After a moments pause she goaded, "Well, if not at top speed, do you want to race, at least?" She beamed back at him, giving him a rather futile attempt at puppy dog eyes. She had never mastered this art, which was not really to her advantage.

Jaken smirked, "I seriously doubt that you would have to. Technically, we won't be outdoing each other. I am not the Chaser." He laughed, "So, there really isn't any competition here." Jaken thought for a moment. Seeing her puppy eyes, he burst into laughter, "That never works on me, missy. But if you want to...and if I crash, then well, we'll laugh since the luck will not let me be hurt I suppose." Jaken knew that he was never any good at racing, and this was the first time he would even get this new broom up to a high speed.

Estrella smirked. "Well, yes, but I look at it this way; we determine the majority of the game. And thus, if the quaffle is being sent to your end I am still in competition with you." She gripped the end of her broom, thinking upon it; the seeker of a team always got the glory, although his victory was really up to chance. It seemed the same as many other sports; one person in a certain position got all the glory and no one acknowledged that they would have never gotten there without the full effort of the team.

"If you crash," she laughed, you can consider it my fault. A bout of mischievious lighting upon her face, she bellowed, "Catch me if you can!" Without another word she vaulted upward into the air, her ascent almost vertical. She let out a whoop of joy, reveling in the feeling of the wind rushing past her.

Jaken thought over the game of quidditch. He finally nodded, "Yes, what all you say is true. Being a Keeper takes much skill. So, I suppose we are rivals." Jaken grinned a bit. He enjoyed having a rival, but being his date to the ball coming up, hopefully, it won't interfere with his playing ability. Jaken would not live with himself if he were to let his pride get soft at all.

Jaken sighed, "Fine, I'll put all the blame on you." Although he knew that it would be his fault more likely over hers. He saw the mischief look wash over her face. He heard her shout and soar up. Jaken narrowed his eyes, moved his hair from his face, and leaned on his broom to soar up as well. He heard her shout once more as he caught up with her. "You caught me off guard, again!"

Grinning broadly, Estrella ascended slowly to push her hair out of her face, not believing that she had forgotten to grab a ponytail of some sort. Hair was always a huge problem for her and Quidditch. It was in the way, and for another thing it just got too messy.

"Is someone snail-" she stopped midsentence, blushing profusely as she looked back to Jaken, smirking nervously. He could fly better than she had given him credit for. "It's what I live for!" she laughed jokingly, veering off to the right in a swoop, accelerating in speed as she spun downward, wondering if Jaken would pursue her and fall for the trick. She slowed down a bit, preparing to vault off as soon as he neared her. She wondered if this could be considered too overly flirtatious, but then again, it was in jest, right? And in any case, she was going to the Yule Ball with him anyway.

Jaken cursed himself for having long hair, but he hated his short hair look of when he was thirteen. Nonetheless, he should have tied it back. He smirked as he assumed Estrella to be thinking the same.

Jaken laughed a bit, seeing her blush. Jaken decided not to reply to her comment, instead, trying to predict her next moves. He slowed down seeing her soar to the right, gaining speed as she did so. She slowed down, which confused Jaken. Jaken slowed down as well, curious on what her action were to be if he were to mimic for movement. Curiousity took control as he soared down. However, he decided to pull the broom to a steady halt, ten feet from and above her.

Frowning as she halted her broom with a slight jerk; that was a disadvantage to great speed, the transition of stopping was not always entirely smooth with the Streaks, Estrella looked up to Jaken, wondering where he was going to go next. He seemed to have caught on.

With a mischievious smirk she vaulted backwards on her broom, although she would be testing her luck to keep doing tricky stuff like that. In any case, the Felix Felicis was sure to be wearing off soon.

She vaulted towards Jaken unexpectedly, but instead of going over she went under and up, laughing as she zoomed towards the other end of the pitch, hoping that what she was pulling off was tricky enough for her opponent. She had never been a great victim of tag, and she tended to end up becoming clutsy in the heat of competition.

Jaken watched her stop with a small jerk. He noticed that his broom did something similar. I suppose Bulgarian Streaks are similar to the ones here, but different names with colors, or colors in particular. He realized that somehow, if he didn't stop where he was, she was going to do something, but he didn't know what.

Jaken saw her vault backward. His head turned to make sure that she didn't crash into anything, which was incredibly lucky that she didn't. Jaken's fingers traced the handle of the broom, wondering whether or not to follow her.

He then watched her fly toward him. Jaken was about to lean forwad to ascend, however, she pulled off a move that would not have ended well if he were to ascend. Jaken grinned, seeing her laugh as she flew to the other side of the pitch. Jaken flew up, and then leaned to gain speed, to catch up with her. Jaken smirked, as he saw that he was within touching distance of her. He loved the speed of Streaks.

Estrella smirked as she swerved under Jaken, quite enthused that her manuveur had been successful. She dipped down again, zigzagging in no particular pattern to try and throw him off. She was not expecting, however, for him to be in touching distance, yelping as she realized he was right behind her. If she wasn't careful she would get tagged; although that was quite inevitable right now. She tried pulling up, hoping that it would work.

Jaken laughed silently, thoroughly enjoying himself. He wondered if she knew that he was right behind her. Once she realized that, she pulled up. Jaken mimicked her movements. He forced the broom to go a bit faster. Now, Jaken was beside her, however, he wouldn't touch her. Jaken had figured that this was tag, but he still didn't tag her. He preferred chasing people rather than be chased. He turned to her and smirked, "Having fun?"

Estrella smirked as she tugged up gently and brought her broom a few feet higher. She frowned as she looked to Jaken, wondering if he understood the concept of tag. He had had more than a few opportunities now but he hadn't done anything. Laughing, she slowed down a bit, stating, "Indeed, I am." Grinning broadly, she dropped as if her broom had lost its ability to fly, careening towards the ground. She would not condone a first year attempting this but as she did have five years' experience under her belt she was bold enough to try it. She sped towards the ground, nearly smashing into it and vaulting upward at the last minute. She wondered if she had worried Jaken, pulling a strand of hair behind her ear and loving the sharp caress of the wind on her skin.

Jaken smiled a bit. He watched her movement carefully. He decided that pne she were to vault off again. he would really get into the game, and actually try to tag her. He heard her reply to his question, and then his eye's widened as she fell. Questions rushed in his mind. Was this a trick? Did her broom stopped working? Should I go see what's up? Just as the last question came about, Estrella bolted back up. Jaken shook his head, the feeling of worry diminished. Jaken smirked unnoticably. He thought up a plan, to totally shock her if she didn't catch on. He would stay still, not going anywhere, until she would think that he was not going to chase her anymore. It sounded rather childish, but it would be humorous, if it were to fall together.

Estrella grinned as she looked back up to her flying partner, wondering if she had fooled him. Turning her broom she swerved around the goal hoops on her side of the pitch, glancing over her shoulder. She frowned, realizing that Jaken was not behind her. She looked ahead, and it seemed that he had froze in midair. His broom was still hovering, although he wasn't going anywhere.

What in the name of Merlin is he doing? she thought to herself, deciding she would move in to investigate. Approaching him as she brought the Streak to a slow crawl, she inquired with a bit of concern in her voice, "Is something wrong?"

Jaken smirked a bit as she was on the other end of the pitch. He was just about to speed after her, however, he stopped. Did the potion wear off on him? He didn't feel like he was back in the tower, or a few moments ago. Jaken looked up to see Estrella coming his way. Maybe she felt that the potion had worn off too.

Jaken heard her question. He answered after a moment, "No, not really. But...do you feel as if the potion had worn off yet? I think it had for me." Jaken felt like he did that morning, in a semi good mood.

Estrella raised an eyebrow, looking to Jaken. Indeed, her feeling of euphoria had been dwindling slowly these past few hours, although she was still feeling a warmness that spread to the tips of her fingers. She knew that the potion wouldn't last much longer. She shook her head at Jaken, grinning and stating, "Nope, but I have a feeling it's going to be soon. My hour and a half is nearly up."

Jaken shrugged. He felt normal. Jaken then smirked just a bit. He would surprise her this time. Jaken waited a moment and answered, "Hm, maybe I used all mine up." Jaken then leaned toward her and touched her arm gently, "And you are it." Jaken smirked, and waited for her to catch on. Jaken then swerved to the left, and soared high into the sky. Any higher, he could touch the clouds. Jaken laughed a bit. Wondering if she would follow him.

Estrella's eyebrow raised as he took a moment to answer, shrugging it off and figuring that he had just had taking time to sum up his feelings. She nodded, her jaw hanging agape as his hand connected with her arm, stating that she was it. "Why, you sneaky-" she exclaimed, vaulting into the air after him with a sly grin. That had definitely been a sly move. She followed him but was having a bit of trouble trying to catch up, accelerating her speed slowly.

Jaken snickered a bit, seeing that she hasn't caught up yet. He had barely heard her reaction. Jaken glanced up, and decided to fly even further into the clouds. The scenery was rather foggy. Jaken smirked. He had been sneaky with that little trick. He got it from his dad's side of the family. He looked around. He wondered if Estrella would dare to come up into the clouds. He was lucky that the clouds were lower than usual. The lack of oxygen would be terrible. Jaken decided to swerve down just below the clouds. His clothing was a bit damp. One of those clouds contained a bit of water. Jaken shrugged, and wondered if he had lost her.

It was not long before Estrella had lost Jaken, feeling her ears being to pop as she soared higher. She pursed her lip, not daring enough to venture into the clouds. For one, she would get wet, and it was never fun to fly wet. Two, she might get lost. She hovered above the pitch and looked upward, hoping that Jaken had not gotten himself lost. That would be just great, she thought to herself sarcastically, her brow furrowed with worry.

Jaken, after several moments passed, decided to fly down to the south side of the pitch. He touched the cold hoops and looked about. His eyes finally found Estrella. Jaken flew up and hovered next to her. He noticed the worriedness in her eyes. Jaken sighed, "Don't fly in the clouds. It got a bit..." he paused, feeling his hair. "wet." He laughed a bit. "Sorry if I worried you. I'm obsessed with heights."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back