Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Straight (René)
Wand
Straight 10 Inch Sturdy Ivy Wand with Erumpent Hide Core
Open after Kris posts with René

Gwen was pretty excited about today's Halloween Feast. Her costume was super cute, and she was sure Celia Vuong wouldn't have anything to say about it this time in the Hogwarts Monthly issue. She really liked the fake forest around them, as it added to the creepy atmosphere. Gwen grinned and headed into the room, moving to the spooky tent curiously. But before she entered it, she spotted someone familiar. She smiled and tapped the boy on the shoulder. "Hi René!" She said brightly. "Isn't it all so spooky?"

René had always enjoyed Halloween, or at least muggle Halloween. It had seemed like a fun American thing, plus free lollies were never a bad thing, but magical Halloween was a much different experience. The lollies, decorations, and the costumes were all much cooler, to be sure, but they were also pretty intimidating too. René fussed with his bowtie as he stared into the tent in the center of the hall, trying to decide if he had the courage to give it a go this year when something touched his shoulder.

He yelped, grabbing at his little paper crown and spinning around, jamming his mouth shut before he could make any more unflattering noises when he saw it was Gwen. Gwen in a super cute cheerleader costume. "Oh! Hey! Gwen! It's uh. Yeah, very spooky. As you can see," he said sheepishly. "You look um. Cute though," he offered, confidence petering out as he got to the 'cute' part, making it nearly inaudible.

Gwen gasped and put her hands over her mouth, taking a small step back. "Oh, did I scare you?" She asked, an amused twinkle in her eyes as she lowered her hands. "Sorry, that wasn't my intention." She beamed when he said she looked cute, holding up her pompom and shaking it in his face. "You think?" She asked happily, doing a twirl. "Thanks! You look cute too, a suit suits you." She said with a grin.

René tried to make his reaction seem more casual, straightening his paper crown and shrugging and confidently as he could after yelping. "Oh, nah, it's cool. Just getting into the spirit of things and stuff, aye," he said with a laugh, motioning vaguely to the decorations around them and trying not to flinch when something shifted in one of the fun house mirrors nearby. He nodded to Gwen, feeling his face flush when she seemed pleased with the compliment, and more so when she returned it, trying to remember the sort of thing Louis had mentioned about talking to girls and mostly coming up blank. At least Louis and Caleb weren't around to see him flailing. "Uh, thanks. It's kinda fun to dress up," René trailed off, glancing around to think of something cool or engaging to say. "Do you maybe wanna check out the haunted house thing?" He said, nodding towards the tent set up in the middle of the hall.

Gwen smiled, glad René didn't seem angry with her for scaring him. He didn't seem to be overly prideful, which Gwen appreciated about him. Gwen kept on smiling up at him, wondering if she could get him to ask her out to the next dance. Or should she just ask him? The idea of being rejected was too terrifying, so she dismissed that idea immediately. "It is fun! I almost dressed up as a chef instead." She told him. "I had a hard time deciding," René suggested checking out the haunted house, and Gwen shivered. "It seems kind of scary, but if I'm with you I think I'll be okay..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back