OOC First Name
Nick
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Curly Oak/Wenge 16" Essence of Feng-huang Tail Feather

Hey! Wondering what the thoughts/feelings are about the 20th anniversary reunion?
I can't quite believe it's been 20 years! But, otherwise, I'm not sure I'm that excited for what seems like it will just be an extended cast interview. (Honestly, it's hard to get excited about much 'new' in the Wizarding World. JKR lost the plot a long time ago, to say nothing of her controversies, and Cursed Child sure was a curse...)

But maybe I'm cynical! Do you just want to see Emma, Dan, and Rupert hang out?

I gotta say I'm in the same boat, I don't want to support JKR (trans rights are human rights) - partially why I felt a bit guilty coming back. Cursed Child sure was.......it sure was. And Pottermpre was a prime example of why works should be left to stand on their own sometimes.

Still, it'll be neat from a "where are they now" perspective as the cast are great and it'll be fun to see them all together again.

Hmmm, I've also been avoiding new HP content for the same reasons - the godawful quality of new HP aside, anything that gives JKR money or acclaim is bad news. But it's hard to know where to draw that line when it comes to projects she's not involved in - I know she's made remarks along the lines that the amount of people who still like HP is proof she's right, and as a result I've similarly had conflicts about being on HNZ Camilla (I tend to land on the side of. well these are MY ocs and she has nothing to do with them and it would really piss her off to see me rubbing my transgender hands all over her books so that's exactly what I'm gonna do :p) But at the same time there are branches of the HP property that pretty explicitly oppose her. (Gotta say though, the article hyping up some HP game letting you make trans characters when JKR will still be making money from that game is pretty eye rolling.)

BUT all that said I do love the HP cast and they tend to be pretty good eggs, and it would be fun to see them all together again and see them talk about their experiences in HP with the benefit of distance and added experience in the industry. Also definitely curious if the topic of JKR will come up, or if she's taken on a bit of a she-who-must-not-be-named quality among people involved in the films/extended universe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back