Open 2050 NYE Party!

Geo was doing her best to navigate the crowds with her hands full, liquid precariously balanced in both hands. Rounding a corner she didn’t register the voice that was actually aimed at her rather than as part of another conversation, and thought James had been too busy talking to Aion and Danielle to now be coming straight at her. She didn’t react in time, and with wet sleeves peered up to her best friend with a glare, “I’m sorry, Geo’s a little busy right now, can I take a message?” She said, putting down the glasses on the nearest available surface, “What’s going on James?” she didn’t really blame him, she hadn’t been looking where she was going although she moved out into the hallway, turning to start digging in the pockets of her own jacket that was hung up for her wand. “I thought you were talking to those guys,” she added, nodding her head back towards the kitchen. She did hope that James was too bored, it wasn’t as though too many people from his year group were here, “And no Jess today? I thought she would have come with you or at least some point in the night. I haven’t really spoken to her much since your wedding,” she asked, a little worried about the former Gryffindor but not wanting to give too much away. Pulling out her wand, she quickly dried her shirt, glad she wasn’t going to have to rethink her outfit this close to midnight.

November wasn't very nervous about going to a New Year's party, this was something she experienced all the time in the states growing up and during the holiday breaks during school. She was mostly nervous about having to say much to Geo. They hadn't been friends in school, in fact a lot of the reasons November and Flavio ended up breaking up had stemmed from the doubts that were raised in Nov's mind due to the friendship Flavio had with the younger girl. It had been a complicated time in her life and figuring out what she wanted from life. But she held no real hard feelings for Geo now. She wasn't sure if she'd ever really connect with the girl, their personalities were different and they were in different stages of life. She was excited Geo was training to be an Auror, she that was very noble. She hugged the girl back and nodded as she said she had to leave to talk to others. She smiled at Flavio but wondered in her head what she should do now. She didn't recognize anyone else from a quick glance around.

James felt the urge to laugh at Geo's remark but she was clearly not in a joking mood and the wine now drenching her shirt was only making it worse. "Whats the point in throwing a party if you aren't going to enjoy it?" He asked her. James didn't often throw parties, personally he thought they were too much work. "I came to see if I could help, you're running around like a headless chicken and I want to take stuff off your plate, besides you're my favourite person here and helping you is more fun than exchanging dad stories with Aion," James shrugged as he followed her into the hall where she got out her wand and dried her top. "She's supposed to be coming," James didn't know where Jess was or what she was doing with herself lately but she had told him she would be at the party so he was taking her word. "Yeah speaking of weddings, aren't you and the ball and chain ever gonna tie the knot? I'd make a great maid of honour speech,"

Jess had gone back and forth on whether she would attend Geo's new years eve party. The former Gryffindor wasn't exactly the most social person lately but she hadn't seen Geo at all since her brothers wedding and she hadn't seen much of him either. Jess apparated to the nearby alley and proceeded to the house, she knew she was much later than she had said she'd arrive but it had taken her longer to psych herself into leaving the house than she had expected. Once she arrived she let herself into the house where the party was in full swing, she put her jacket with the others and went off to find both a drink and a familiar face.

Geo listened to James as he spoke about whether or not she was even able to enjoy her own party, but Geo didn't really think that was the point, "If everyone else is enjoying themselves, that's what counts." she shrugged, disregarding whether or not it was difficult for the sake of other people being able to actually get together and see one another. She looked up to smile at him gratefully though when James offered to help. Austin clearly had his hands full in the other room, and while she'd thought James was happy chatting away to his old school mates, it still made her happy that James considered her to be a bigger priority, even if she wasn't able to give him much attention at the moment. "Honestly, I'm just glad you're here," she said truthfully. She may have been busy running around, but it wasn't as though she couldn't handle it, and having her friends around her just made it worth while. A chuckle broke free at the image of James giving a Maid of Honour speech, and Geo couldn't help but nod in agreement, tucking her wand back in her pocket once she'd dried herself off, "I don't deny it," the idea of James being part of her own bridal party was amusing, although not completely out of the question. After a moment though, thinking about his own curiosities, she peered through the hallway towards her boyfriend. "I guess we will at some point." she began, before turning back to look at James. "I can't say it's something that has to happen right now though, in fact, I'd rather it didn't." James had married Maddie and she knew they were perfect for each other, and that it had been the right choice for them at the time, only she couldn't picture that for herself. "I've spent my whole life, waiting to be an Auror." her eyes were almost pleading for James to understand, although maybe that came from her own insecurities of how the news would be taken by those who expected them to marry, especially from family members. They'd been together for so many years now that it was practical considered the norm. "Now that I've finally made it, I just want to enjoy what I have, make the most of learning everything I can and not focus on trying to plan a wedding at the same time." Geo almost felt guilty for admitting it, but it was as though the time she was in right this moment was all about her and what she wanted, and hadn't she worked hard enough to get here that she should enjoy it? "One day yeah, I'll marry my soul mate, but that isn't going to be any time soon," she gave half a chuckle, realising her voice has grown into more of a whisper as though she was actually nervous of saying it out loud, although at the same moment she caught sight of another blonde in the corner of her eye. "Isn't that Jess?" she asked, narrowing her eyes as she peered at her from behind.

as geo asked if she was a member of the SDA she smiled. "Yes I'm go-running it now Alistair has left" she said. It was something she felt proud of but compared to all the people here. it seemed rather immature. everyone here was grown up the had proper jobs and real lives not living in a practice ground a school. things were different for them. that made her thoughts go back to noelle. why she had said no. Sure some of the couples from school had made it but many hadn't maybe they would have been a lucky one but who would know.
Willow hovered. that was the best way to describe what she was doing tonight. she didnt really know anyone other than syrus that well and he was with rama and she got the destinct impression that she didnt like her. she stopped by the food table and grabbed a couple of things before she continued hovering. moving around listening into conversations in the hope that she would find one she could join in on. she had crossed tracks with some people a few times they were catching up with people they hadnt seen for a while and she was trying to hang out with people she hardly knew. She was just walking along the hallway when she overheard go talking to someone she didn't know. She had missed the start of the conversation but what her friend was saying, It had echoed her thoughts too. why she had said no to noelle. it wasnt that she was against ever getting married it was just that it was something that she had no interest in doing now. it gave her a fresh perspective on what she was going to have to do. She wanted to thank geo but she couldnt without admitting that she had been eavesdropping. she whispered "thanks" anyway as so she slipped out of the hallway and into a room where there was music playing. She picked up another butterbeer and decided to cast her worries aside as she started to dance enjoying the freedom the melody always brought her.

Syrus was trying with all his might to get his girlfriend to come inside the party, she didn't budge for anything in the world. Not even a promise to get some of her favorite takeout afterwards. Frustrated, the former Gryffindor gave her some time and informed her that'll he'll be inside to join the rest of the party. She was welcome to join him when she was ready. The man turned on the spot walking inside the crowded flat(?). He waved at Geo before he was hugged by Willow, former housemate and current bandmate. "Hey Cullen, how's it hanging?! Aren't you looking flipping rad with that hairdo" Syrus can't help but make his observation known. Then like Willow, he went to get a drink himself. Quickly, he got lost in the party ongoings.

Willow felt the music. this was the most alive and carefree she had felt in a while. she had never been drunk but this is what she imagined it felt like. it was still eight months before she could have anything stronger than butterbeer at least legally. she saw Syrus nearby and dragged him into the dance she couldn't see Rama so it was fair right. "Thank's. you are looking well yourself. she said flipping her green and yellowish hair. and hey that was an epic catch last game. too bad I still support the macaws" she said referring to the last game, she had seen a picture in the prophet of him making an impressive catch. but she still supported two teams, the macaws, the team her mum had played in and Wollongong. she really did feel happier than she had done since Noelle had ruined everything by proposing to her. she caught sight of the clock on the wall the hands almost together. how had it got this close to midnight?

"Whoa, Cullen. When did you get so strong?" The man nearly tripped on his two feet. Thankfully, he caught himself and started to pump one fist in the air to whatever track was blasting through whatever source the music was coming from. He figured speakers, magically enchanted speakers. "Yeah, yeah. Everyone always gotta support the original team. Which, really doesn't make sense, because 'macaws' are from another country," Syrus air quoted with a roll of his eyes. He grins, smiling down at the petite lioness. "The new look suits you, you must have all the boys chasing after you, huh?"

Willow chuckled when Syrus commented on her getting strong. smirking and raising an eyebrow questioningly. in truth, she didn't know how she had gotten strong. she didn't feel any different from how she usually did. "My mum played for them for a while. so we get benefits and have to support them" she said. "and you aren't from New Zealand anyway" she said. dancing. remembering the yule ball they had attended together. she ran her hands through her hair. "thanks. I don't know I only did it the other day." she said. "I haven't seen anyone other than my family or work since then. I am sure my boss gave be the most disgusting ingredients to prepare because of it" she said as much as she had not liked having her hands in slimy ingredients all day she liked the money and the time to mull over her thoughts. "I bet you have all the girls chasing you, star seeker" she said. she felt comfortable here with Syrus a sort of relaxed she didn't always get around Noelle as if some part of her always felt like she had to be better when she was with him. "ten, nine, eight seven " she heard from somewhere else in the room as the countdown began. "Six, five four, three, two, one, HAPPY NEW YEAR" she joined in. welcoming in the new year giving her friend a hug and a quick kiss as she heard was the traditional way to welcome in the new year.

"Huh, really? That explains the support. How come you never told me?" Syrus would ask, honestly somewhat surprised hearing that Willow's mom played for the Macaws. He scrunched his brows, glaring down all the while he kept dancing. "You mean to tell me I could've met a professional, excuse me ex professional quidditch player?! Not cool," the former Gryffindor jokes. It just hit him now that before going pro, Syrus had zero connections to the pros. "It comes with the territory," he quips, being unusually flirtatious about the fan girls. If Rama walked in through the front door, he can't say he would be acting like this. The music was cut, the count down began. Syrus looks around, no Rama in sight. She was going to miss this. Then, he felt Willow's arms go quickly around him and her lips pressed barely on his own. It was too quick to leave behind an impression, so he pulls her in this time and gave her something to remember. "You called that a New Year's kiss? That's a new year kiss! Happy New Year, Cullen."

Geo was pleased to hear Willow had taken it over now, although with it almost being midnight she headed over to start the countdown. It had been a good night and she’d been able to see a lot of faces she’d missed over the years. Glancing to her other half at the back of the room, she grinned at him before addressing everyone else that had come in for that evening. “Hey guys,” she called out over the music, “It’s almost time! Get ready!” They had a couple of minutes to sort themselves out and do what they needed to do, and with a careful eye on her watch, the countdown started and the Aurors wand was in the air. One perk about being magical of course was that there was very little manual clean up when it came to things like this. “Ten, nine, eight..” she began, raising her wand in the air, “Three, Two, One. Happy New Year!” From her wand came a multicoloured stream of light, aiming for the ceiling that burst suddenly into lots of tiny miniature indoor fireworks above their heads. “Happy 2050!!” She replaced her wand in her pocket, jumping down and moving through the crowd before throwing her arms around Austin’s neck. Over his shoulder, she spotted Willow and Syrus, who apparently had ideas of their own to welcome in the new year. Wasn’t he with Rama? Where had she gone? Geo pulled away from the hug, one hand over her mouth to cover the shock of what she was witnessing in her own house.

James could tell by Geo's off handed comment that she and Austin would get married eventually that her heart was in it. What she said made sense, but he did wonder if there was more too it that she wasn't telling him. "I get it, kinda. I guess it was just different for me, I proposed to Maddie as soon as we finished school but I could easily have done it sooner, but I knew she was the woman I wanted to be with for the rest of my life before we even got together, I couldn't wait to ask even though I knew she was going travelling straight away, my only regret is it took so long to actually tie the knot," James smiled thinking back to the wedding, it actually seemed strange that Maddie had been in one place for so long between Bailey being born and the wedding itself. "All I'll say is you should talk to Austin, he'd be out of his mind if he didn't want to marry you so he's probably thought about it," At the mention of Jess James looked out at the main room to try and spot his sister. "Yeah, I guess she made it,"

As the time neared midnight James returned to the main party to prepare for the countdown, Geo found her way to Austin and James greeted Jess with a big hug. "I'm glad you made it sis,"

Rama was angry that Syrus had dragged her to a New Years' eve party. She had been actively avoiding her boyfriend after their argument, and she was trying to be calm and rational. For her to do that, she needed to remain silent because she knew that she would yell at him. When Syrus left to go inside, she could not help but cry. She did not know why she was being so stubborn about having a child, and she knew she had to respect Syrus' needs as well. It just hurt was all. If she did not love Syrus, she would have immediately left and given up on the situation. However, she was willing to work it out and wait no matter how much it hurt her to do so.

When Rama was able to compose herself, she took out her pocket mirror and quickly fixed her face before getting out of the car and heading inside. If she hadn't felt like Syrus was being a fool by now, she would have stayed in the car. Rama stuck to the back of the room but making sure she had a clear view of Syrus. He was with Willow Cullen, which did not bother her. Rama knew the girl was a bandmate and an important friend in his life, and she would never take that away from him.

The music stopped and the countdown began, which Rama did not participate it. Rama never expected that ten seconds was all it took to destroy all the composure she had mustered up. The innocent kiss that Willow gave didn't hurt, but Syrus' reaction did not just make her heart sink. It shattered. Tears began to stream down her eyes, but she quickly wiped them away. Syrus hadn't seen her yet, so she used the opportunity to sneak out.

She could not let him know that she witnessed it. Rama somehow needed to convince herself that she hadn't seen what she had seen.

It would ruin everything. It would all be downhill from here if she reacted. She couldn't get back inside that car. The tears had suddenly stopped. As she sat on the ground in front of the house, she tried to figure out her next move. How could she have trusted Syrus to be a father if he couldn't even be trusted to behave without her around? After a few moments of thinking, it was then that she knew what she needed to do next. Rama stood up, composed herself once more, and did the only rational thing she could think of. She fixed her face. She opened the door to that car. She took one last deep breath. Then, Rama sat inside that car like nothing had ever happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back