🌕 Halloween Werewolf 2023 🐺

header01.png

Please do not sign up to this game if you're not going to be active on the board during play!

Cobwebs flutter in the flickering light from lanterns and candles as Hogwarts is plunged into a Halloween season that feels... just a little different to usual. The stairs creak under the weight of a new threat – a curse that has spread through the student body, turning some of them to monsters, and others into helpless prey. Can the students of Hogwarts ferret out the werewolves lurking in their midst, or will the Halloween season see the school turn to a bloodbath before the costume contest even begins?

TEAM STUDENT must find and eliminate all the werewolves in their midst to win
TEAM WEREWOLF must pick off all the delicious students around them to win.
headerrules.png

Signups will begin immediately and close at 10 am on October 31st, NZST

Once signups are closed, every player will be sent a PM with their role in the game and instructions on how to play that role.
At this point we will immediately begin the first Night Phase. Phases last approx. 24 hours, due to time zones across the board.

Night Phase
No players may post in the thread during night phase, as all students are asleep. During this time, players with night roles may PM me to perform their actions.

Day Phase
When day breaks, the results of the previous night's actions will be revealed. All players may discuss suspicions and accuse others of being werewolves. At the end of each day phase, the player with the most votes will be expelled by the students, for better or worse. Ties will be broken by RNG.

headerroles.png

Student - Their only goal is to survive, and vote out the werewolves around them!
Werewolf - By day they masquerade as regular students, but by night they prowl the school picking off their classmates one by one.
Seer - At night, the Seer uses their powers of prediction to discover the role of one of their classmates.
Fool - Although they fancy themselves a dab hand with the tarot deck and believe themselves a Seer, using their powers of prediction once a night to discover another player's role, the Fool unfortunately receives only random answers.
Prefect - Each night, the Prefect patrols the halls by one student's dorm and keeps them safe from harm, should the wolves come knocking. The Prefect may not guard the same person two nights in a row. If the Prefect chooses to guard a werewolf's dorm, they will be killed instead of the intended target.
Poltergeist – The first student killed by the werewolves will be so frustrated by their fate that they continue to haunt the game, communicating only through emojis and textless gifs. This player may not vote in expulsions, but can use their power to sow chaos around the school. This player may choose to assist whichever team they like, and may switch allegiances at any time.
-
Additional Werewolves - The school will begin with one werewolf, and more will flock to the feast at 8 players, 14 players, 18 players, and 21 players. They must all be eliminated in order for the students to win.
Head Student - At 9 players the Head Student will take control of the situation, working to bring order to the chaos sown by their classmates. The Head Student's vote will be counted twice during expulsions. This role comes with responsibility, so weigh your decisions carefully!
Lycanthrope – At 10 players, one student will start showing a certain kind of promise. Should the werewolves target this player, instead of dying they will be turned into a werewolf and switch teams.
Duelling Champion - At 12 players, the school duelling champion will enter the fray. Upon the Duelling Champion's demise, be it death by werewolf or expulsion by their classmates, their quick wand hand allows them to take one schoolmate with them, for better or worse.
Animagus – At 13 players, one student who's studied hard will gain the ability to take on animal form. Unfortunately, this means that during the night phase if targeted by a Seer, this player will show up as a werewolf, instead of a student.
Quidditch Captain – At 15 players, the captain of one of the Quidditch teams will choose one other player to be their teammate. Should either one of these players die, the other will die alongside them. Both players will be aware that they are teammates, but the Quidditch Captain will not be told their partner's role.
Apprentice Seer - At 19 players, the Seer takes an Apprentice under their wing. Should the Seer perish, the Apprentice Seer will step up to take their place. The Apprentice will not know their true role until the Seer's demise.
headernotes.png

During the day, please make it clear who you are are voting to expel, by bolding their name.
This game is played out of character, so only one account per person. It would be best to keep this account as the one you use for the whole game.
There should be no communicating about the game outside of the thread, other than night role PMs with me.
You may not, for any reason, show another player the PM containing your role. Lying about roles is permitted, using screenshots or direct quotes to prove you aren't is forbidden.

Special thanks goes to ElementalAlchemist from IF/ZB Support, who showed that this game could be played on a forum, has worked out a good number of kinks in it, gave us the code to generate game roles and (most graciously) let us copy his summary of each game role from his post in previous games verbatim. Many thanks!

Let the games begin!
Code:
[LIST=1]
[*]
[/LIST]

Who were you going to vote for?
You. I only voted for Mia because I wanted a chance at surviving (and being able to play)so it going to an RNG gave me that chance since there were no other votes, but what Daphne said about your read of my post being suspicious made sense so was going to change to you.
I don’t think I want to conflate passiveness with inactivity necessarily, especially during the initial day phase. Someone like Kaitlyn or I who are quietly observing are still participating
I agree there is a difference between quietly observing and being inactive but the issue is that there's no way to really know if a person is quietly observing unless you happen to catch the person lurking when you're on or someone else mentions seeing someone viewing but not posting. I saw both you and Kaitlyn in the post at one point where before day 1 ended I hadn't seen any of the others who didnt post 'viewing the thread' but I definitely could have missed them. So it's a tough thing to be able to accurately tell. And then it becomes a question of if someone who is quietly observing doing so because they don't want to say anything that can then be used to track inconsistencies later in the game and give away they're a wolf (or another role but we're trying to catch wolves so using that first :p)

At this point, though, I think Emzies is the only one who hasn't posted at all? Has anyone seen her glance at the thread? I haven't.

At this point, though, I think Emzies is the only one who hasn't posted at all? Has anyone seen her glance at the thread? I haven't.

I was thinking the same but it's tricky with Admin because we can't see where you are on the board.

Why the targeted Kaitlyn is an interesting question? She only posted once and said nothing very suspicious.
Kaitlyn didn't say anything suspicious, but the wolves might have angled for the fact that Kaitlyn chimed in immediately after being one of the names offered up on the chopping block, and pointed out that a wolf tactic can be keeping a low profile and letting the town take each other out. As a wolf, I think out of anyone I might have been able to point the finger at during the day phase to help get day-kills, I would have picked Kaitlyn.

I'm going to bed soon(now) so I'm going to cast my vote for Poppy Perkins. Aside from the comments in the last day phase (Which weren't really all that suspicious tbh but it's something), there's the fact she brought attention to Cyndi's role twice, even after Cyndi didn't acknowledge it. To me it reads as trying to come across as helpful, when in reality it's giving the wolves more information and allows them to focus on finding a role that's more detrimental to them during the night phase, (i.e the Prefect or turning the Lycanthrope). Especially as the Prefect may be inclined to focus on Cyndi during this night phase, so the wolves might assume they could safely ignore her for the time being in favour of other targets.

I am very much just a student.

I feel like I'm being targeted just because I'm talking a lot which is a little annoying. I'm one of the only ones who has said enough to be picked over which is whatever I guess.

I only pointed out Cyndi's role because if it is correct it does narrow down who the wolves could be. But I guess I can see how it might be beneficial to the wolves but at this rate feels like a stretch.

Edit: also it was Sam who pointed out and asked if Mia was killed because of a Head Person vote since it was a 3 way tie.

I'll try and wait to vote in case someone else has something to say.

The Lycanthrope currently believes themselves to be a normal student, and will only find out their true role if targeted by wolves. (Or after the game is finished.)
If I'm reading this correctly, we also have to hope that we get rid of the student who is actually a lycanthrope before the wolves get to them which is...tough. So claiming roles, even a student, isn't in anyone's best interest.

I'd be inclined to vote for Emzies normally because she isn't helping the village at the moment by not posting but my gut still tells me the wolves are in the active folks. I also think Zacharias maybe hasn't posted? I thought they did but I can't find it? Was that a dream?! x_x xD

Most people really haven't offered enough to go on. No one's throwing out suspicions, even xD which is interesting.

This is so hard and I'm too tired to figure anything out! I missed voting yesterday, and I do not to let that happen again, so I'm going to vote now before time runs out. The challenge is the lack of any particularly suspicious behaviour and the absence of a seer or a fool is making it hard to discuss any substantial information. The only person who has any knowledge about the wolves is the prefect, simply because they've managed to stay alive. However, this knowledge doesn't help anyone else.

In this situation, I've decided to cast my vote for Stephen Archer, mainly because of Emzies silence and that does raise suspicions for me.

I also want to get a vote in before I miss the chance while I'm at work. I was also inclined to vote for inactive player this round. Emzies could very well just be busy but as previously stated she's not helping either. So I'm also going to vote for Stefan Archer.

Oops holy crap I had a very busy day.

I agree on Kadi being suspicious about Cyndi's role, I did not like how she zoomed in on it and kept bringing it up when Cyndi wasn't saying anything. I'm going to go along with Jesse and vote for Poppy Perkins

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I honestly didn’t think pointing out Head Person would be a big deal.

As of right now it’s tied me and Emzies. I don’t know if Cyndi will have time to vote or if anyone else with pipe up. If I do get expelled. You’re gonna look dumb. But if I do I might suggest starting to look at Daph and Jesse a bit more closely after targeting me over basically noting. ✌️

night01.png

Jack o' Lanterns went unlit and black cats unpetted as the students debated amongst themselves, desperate to root out the wolves before more people met the same fate as their classmates. Though points and opinions were raised on all sides, it was simple chance that led to the packing of a suitcase, halls echoing with forlorn footsteps as @Stefan Archer left the castle, Prefect badge still gleaming on their robes.

IT IS NIGHT
Night roles have 24 hours to PM me with their actions.

day01.png

As the sun rose, the students found their number once more reduced, fear gripping the group as they began the grim task of searching the castle. It was following a black cat that did it, finally leading them to the dormitory of @Professor Cyndi Kingsley. In the middle of the grisly scene lay her Head Student badge, glinting in the morning sun. With the threat still among them, the students returned to their painful search.

IT IS DAY
Players have 24 hours to discuss the situation and choose who to expel.

Well, things aren't looking too great. We've lost all the special roles, unless I'm mistaken, so we just have two werewolves and four students (one student is a lycanthrope).

Those left are:
Poppy Perkins
Amber Chou Wilson
Zacharias Chase
Demetrius Wagner
Lysander Summers
Morrie Ayre

I'm conflicted on who to really hone in on but it's getting to the point where I feel like I have to start voting so I'll hear everyone out and then nighttime my time (so in seven hours or so). I will say I'm not a fan of voting for those who are inactive; to me that just sounds like a good strategy to have if you're a werewolf and know the other werewolf is also an active player. I haven't been provided with a good enough reason to negate that risk.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I honestly didn’t think pointing out Head Person would be a big deal.

As of right now it’s tied me and Emzies. I don’t know if Cyndi will have time to vote or if anyone else with pipe up. If I do get expelled. You’re gonna look dumb. But if I do I might suggest starting to look at Daph and Jesse a bit more closely after targeting me over basically noting. ✌️
It isn't basically nothing, though. (But we do also have basically nothing to base any kind of accusations on with the way this game has progressed). Choosing to lynch Emzies hasn't helped, either, particularly since in the past I think she's consistently been a quieter player, so it was an odd choice to go for her. Getting this defensive is definitely a frustration I've felt as an innocent player who isn't being believed, but it could also be a desperate wolf response :p

So we have two wolves and four students(?). If we don't lynch a wolf today, it's practically game over. If we lynch a student, we either go into a 2v2 the following morning, or they turn the lycanthrope and we have a 3v2. So this kind of has to be the day we get something, and our chances are not particularly high.

I do want to say that Zacharias Chase hasn't been online the past few days, and I don't think I'm going to entertain the thought of voting for him. If he's the wolf it does limit our chances of finding the other one this day phase, but historically its the players who have a plain role that lose interest and are less invested in the game, and I'd be inclined to think a wolf would at least be logging in every night. Or he's just busy. Either way, we need to throw away this idea of voting for inactive players at this point in the game, otherwise we lose.

Well, it's my bedtime soon enough. Oddly quiet so far, makes me slightly suspicious. This whole game has me suspicious of everyone but I guess that's the point. Going to put my vote out there because I've got to vote for someone or this game will run itself werewolf way. Not even sure of this but I'm going with my gut.

My vote is for Poppy Perkins.

Oh gawd this is a slaughter! I'm just going to lay my thoughts out there in the hope that we get one wolf before the night phase.

To me, Kadi is the least suspicious of everyone and I have based this off the first day. One vote went to Kadi and one vote Cyndi. We now know Cyndi was head student but at that stage we didn't know that. It is reasonable to assume the other wolf would have voted for Cyndi too, to make sure their wolf buddy wasn't expelled on the first day. As that didn't happen, it makes Kadi look (almost) innocent in my eyes. It's hard to be certain without the seer role to confirm of course.

I am suspicious of Sarah who hasn't been very active on the chat then says we shouldn't vote for inactive players. To me, that reads like she has let people make the wrong decision then later say that it was suspicious that they voted like that to deflect attention away from her. She's also voted for the person that I believe is least likely to be a wolf of the whole game. Honestly though, there isn't really much to go on here.

Right now, personally I think that Sarah is a wolf and for that reason my vote goes to Demetrius Wagner.

Oof okay this is bad.

The thread is also very quiet which makes it difficult to really analyse a lot. I'm going to make a list of what we do know with roles and I also want to make one for voting patterns.
Werewolf
Werewolf
Seer/FoolSky Eriksen
Seer/FoolProfessor Killian Borisyuk
PrefectStefan Archer
Poltergeist/StudentFreya Song
Head studentProfessor Cyndi Kingsley
Lycanthrope/Student
Student
Student
Student

Voting:
Day 1Day 2Day 3
Professor Cyndi KingsleySky Eriksen-X
Poppy PerkinsProfessor Cyndi KingsleyStefan Archer
Amber Chou WilsonPoppy PerkinsPoppy Perkins
Stefan Archer--X
Zacharias Chase--
Demetrius Wagner--Poppy Perkins
Sky Eriksen-XX
Professor Killian Borisyuk-XX
Freya SongXXX
Lysander Summers-Poppy Perkins
Morrie Ayre-Stefan ArcherDemetrius Wagner

I'm honestly not sure who to vote for yet. I definitely will vote, as Jesse is right and we need to catch a wolf today to stand a chance. I find it a bit suspicious that Sarah is now suddenly voting after not doing so for 2 days, but I also still don't feel entirely right about Kadi so... idk yet.

I vote for Demetrius Wagner.

There has to be a wolf combo and now I think it’s and Sarah and Daphne. We are minutes(?) away from voting and Daphne has still abstained, and I wonder if it’s to avoid being seen as picking a side.

Edit: it’s 8am and I’m panicking WHO IS THE WOLF JUST TELL US

Last edited:
night01.png

The silence of all the classmates lost seemed to echo through the halls of Hogwarts as those remaining tried to come to terms with their absence. None wanted to see another familiar face go, but with wolves remaining among them, there was nothing for the students of Hogwarts to do but expel one of their own. With heavy hearts and tired eyes, the students voted, and watched solemnly as one more Student, @Demetrius Wagner, left their midst forever.

IT IS NIGHT
Night roles have 24 hours to PM me with their actions.

day01.png

Another sunrise, another loss, and the students of Hogwarts felt nothing but a grim sense of duty as they searched the castle. It didn't take long to find the remains of @Lysander Summers strewn throughout his dorm, another Student taken from their midst. With two facing two, the remaining students knew there was nothing but luck that could see them survive.

IT IS DAY
Players have 24 hours to discuss the situation and choose who to expel.

Crap this is getting really dire.

The reason I didn't vote last night is because I genuinely lost track of time, I wanted to but it was already 10 pm (the time Rowan posts the new stuff for me), I likely would have gone along with voting for Sarah though.

Werewolf
Werewolf
Seer/FoolSky Eriksen
Seer/FoolProfessor Killian Borisyuk
PrefectStefan Archer
Poltergeist/StudentFreya Song
Head studentProfessor Cyndi Kingsley
Lycanthrope/Student
StudentLysander Summers
StudentDemetrius Wagner
Student

Voting:
Day 1Day 2Day 3
Professor Cyndi KingsleySky Eriksen-X
Poppy PerkinsProfessor Cyndi KingsleyStefan Archer-
Amber Chou WilsonPoppy PerkinsPoppy Perkins-
Stefan Archer--X
Zacharias Chase---
Demetrius Wagner--Poppy Perkins
Sky Eriksen-XX
Professor Killian Borisyuk-XX
Freya SongXXX
Lysander Summers-Poppy PerkinsDemetrius Wagner
Morrie Ayre-Stefan ArcherDemetrius Wagner

Updating these, even though it feels a little hopeless at this point.

My feeling still says Kadi, though I'm not sure about Verity either. Zacharius could be one of the wolves but if he is, he's not part of the last few decisions considering he hasn't been online since Friday, but a wolf could be working alone. Either way, he's the least important person I think because he's so inactive.

I accidentally missed voting the last day cycle because daylight savings meant the day ended an hour earlier than I was used to lol.

At this point with so little to go on I feel like picking at random of who's left has decent odds. Zacharius has been silent the whole game which could be an absent wolf or student.

That leaves Sam and Daph as equally plausible wolves, if not both wolves. Which would suck with me out numbered lmao. So my choice really comes down to those two.

I'm Verity :D

Hmm okay thanks for the list Daphne. I can see see now that I've got this very, very wrong. I vote Poppy Perkins.

Sorry x_x

Well you continue to be wrong lol. Which makes me HIGHLY SUSPICIOUS.
You've gotten it wrong just as many times though...

I vote Poppy Perkins

Users who are viewing this thread

Back