Young Again

Rhiannon headed over to the new mops and buckets and passed them to some of the students and then passed a couple of brushes to some others and a few bin bags to someone else. she then took a dustpan and brush. "you were all involved in the mess you will all be involved with the cleaning. you will are all acting like children. act your age not your year level" she said. as two of the gryffindors started bickering over who was cleaning and who was supervising.

Kida wanted to laugh, who did this kid think he was, did he not know who she was, for a brief moment again she forgot she wasn't her normal self, she was Kadi not Kida. Pushing his weight back onto her she wanted to sweep the mop under his legs and throw his balance, she wasn't used to being challenged by the students; but instead kept her hand firm with the mop out 'We can stand her all day, but in the end you're going to have to start cleaning sooner or later, doesn't a leader lead instead of standing there and supervising.' she waited for him to respond, she knew there was a difference between a leader and a ruler. The other prefect started yelling at them but Kida stood waiting

((SHOW DOWN ooooooooohh))

Aeon shook his head as the Gryffindor prefect started sucking up to the Headmistress, and going so far as to try and demand he hand his wands over. "Why would I do that? If I did, everyone else would have to as well." He said in a slightly confused voice. The only wandwork he'd done was the duplication and ceasing of jam. He laughed. "And if we all recall correctly, you broke the rules by challenging an innocent student to an unsupervised duel, regardless of your misguided intention to serve as a distraction. You put both yourself and her at risk. You are as much to blame here as anyone, so I'd suggest you start cleaning." The Professor side of him kicked in, looking disapprovingly at the Gryffindor, but he soon grabbed his own mop and bucket and got to work.

Orwell wanted to stand defiantly against the professor, against the students who just didn't see, but the teen knew that this battle was not one he could win, and really he didn't think Archie would really like if he got himself kicked out, so however reluctantly the teen got down from where he was standing and began to help with the clean up, muttering about how the headmistress was proving his point in making them clean up by hand and about how unjustified any punishment would be, even that technically Orwell hadn't thrown one thing.

It didn't take overly long with so many of them, just working away for it to be done, the teen put down the cloth he'd been using to dry the surface he had been cleaning and stood up, it was a good thing that Orwell knew how to pull his weight, he looked up at the headmistress, since this was done, he figured that now was the time for punishment and he'd rather get it over with and be able to deal with it. Although, his next step was to organise the forbidden forest protest with the rest of the Wild Patch club, which would hopefully happen, but for now he had to wait to receive his punishment for the part he had played with this who debacle.

((I figured I could be the one to time jump, so time jumped.))

It hadn't taken too long for the students to clean up the Hall. Ava was relieved when they all finally started working. She had little more patience, and her temper was rising when they were fussing about.
Ava stood at the front of the Hall again, before speaking. "Ten points will be taken from each of you. If anyone has a problem with that, you can take it up with me in my office, later. Later on today, I will be posting a schedule onto your bulletin boards. For the rest of this semester, you will all be taking it in turns to wash the dishes, as an apology to the House Elves for the lack of respect of their hard work. It will be done in groups of four. You are all dismissed." Ava said sternly, "Except, for you two, Aeon and Kida." She added, using their first names, and waiting for the rest of the students to leave the Hall.

Though irked that she had to clean up non-magically, and that she had been dragged into this mess to begin with, Esmè agreed to grab a mop, if only because she knew there was little point in arguing. She wanted to get out of the hall as quickly as she could, and the only way to do that was make sure it was spotless.

Once they had finished, Esmè stood with her cousin, awaiting Ava to hand out their punishments. Barely into the year and she had already lost house points. What she didn't agree with was having to wash dishes for the semester. She didn't participate in the food fight to disrespect the stupid elves. Not that they deserved much respect. The Slytherin decided that perhaps she would argue it in the Headmistress' office later. For the time being, she patted Aeon's shoulder, whispered good luck, and left with the others.

Aeon had been quick to start cleaning, mopping up the floors and scrubbing the walls within the set time limit. Half an hour to clean up all the food he'd helped to cover the room in. He was glad to find that their combined efforts made it a lot easier to get done, surprised that even Esmè was putting energy into it. When everything was spotless, the wizard let out a relieved sigh and dumped his mop back into a bucket, turning to join the other students in awaiting Ava's punishments. He had no way of telling exactly how much time had passed, but he didn't feel any different, if perhaps a year or two older than he had started.

Ten points and dishes for the rest of the semester wasn't so bad, especially considering after today, Aaron Sutherland and Kadi Forest would no longer exist. That was, until Ava called out he and his cousin by their first names. She'd recognised them. He gulped, hoping the other kids either misheard it as their similar sounding names, or weren't aware of their first names to begin with. He was referred to as Professor Summers more often than not. His cheeks flushed pink and he glanced sheepishly at his shoes while the others began to exit.

Ava said Kida and Aeon, She paused and looked at Ava 'Actually its Kadi Forest' she said knowing that Ava wouldn't fall for their excuses again, but wanted to lighten the situation considering having a Food Fight isn't really what a good Professor should be doing; although there was a small chance that Ava had gotten it incorrect and Kadi and Aaron were real students.
Brushing her brown sticky hair out of her face she walked over to Aeon and stood next to him waiting for all the Student's to leave.

((Every time now since a Transfer comes into HNZ every student is going to be curious of them not knowing if they are their professors in disguise))

Rhiannon worked and she was surprised how quickly they had managed to get the work done. However once they were done the headmistress started dishing out punishments. This was not fair. This cirtainly wasn't fair. As people were leaving she bit her tongue praying she wouldn't start crying. She had never been in any trouble ever before. She stopped by the headmistress on the way out. professor all I did was try and stop the food fight. Do I also loose points and get detention. I'm sorry, I should have vanished the flying food and not froze it letting it fall but hat was all I did. she said for once glad that she was unable to lie. She had never thought that she would have to factor detention into her timetable, she was hoping to be picked as head girl and being involved in this would spoil that. If she did get detention she guessed sleep or hogwarts monthly would have to be sacrificed as this year nothing was going to get in the way of her strict study plan for the newts.

Sighing, James had reluctantly taken the mop and started working on the Hall. It seemed nobody was going to believe his version of the story, however true it may be. Perhaps he shouldn't have started the duel, but it did work. The windows magically repaired themselves, although by whom he was unsure, and the Hall became spotless once more.

As he lined up with the others to receive the punishments, he thought savagely of how unfair it all was. Confident after Rhiannon speaking up, he too added his voice. "I've explained the duelling already, but you must believe me when I say that I did try to stop it, and had been trying for nearly half an hour before you even arrived. Professor Woodlock can vouch for me on this, and Willow the Prefect too, if she turns up any time soon..." But James trailed off when he heard Professor King mention Aeon and Kida. It surely couldn't be the professors, could it? He'd beard their names alright, and seen them around, and now he looked closer, he could indeed see the similarities. He cursed himself for ordering them around like a bunch of younger students. Luck didn't seem to be favouring him at all today!

Orwell couldn't believe they'd been made to clean up, but listening to what the head mistress was saying about punishment the teen actually found fairly fair, he didn't think that would be too bad, he grinned slightly, though hiding the grin, waiting till they were dismissed to leave before doing so, all in all, Orwell felt excited about what was to come. He couldn't wait to do what he wanted with his club.

Ava couldn't believe that Kida had the audacity to try and correct her. She lifted an eyebrow disapprovingly, a hand on her hip, as she waited for the Hall to clear out. Two students approached her, and she waited, bemused, as they spoke to her. After they had finished, she looked at them sternly. "Like I said previously, if you have a problem with it, you can take it up with me in my office later."
As the last of the students cleared out, Ava tuned to her two Professors. "Explain yourself." She said, cross.

(((Pardon the God mod, I change if ya'll want/need me too)))

(((((Also, the students that weren't involved won't have to do the detention, it's up to you if you actually want to rp going to ask Ava...except james still has to for the duel haha))))

Judging by Professor King's expression, Kida had not helped their situation at all. As soon as the room cleared, he stopped forward to speak before his cousin had a chance to. "Uh, well." He began, unsure of what he should, or could say to get out of this. "Kida came into my office this morning with some de-aging potions. We just thought it'd be fun to pretend to be students again for an hour or so. But then some of the kids started throwing food, and before I knew it I was caught up in it. I- we were enjoying ourselves and it just got out of hand really quickly. Then when I started to try clear the mess, James disarmed me for having a wand out and initiated a duel with another girl. I couldn't really do much to stop it, no one was going to listen to a sixteen year old claiming to be a professor." He decided to be honest, there was no point to coming up with an excuse for being in this mess. "I'm sorry Ava. We just wanted to have a bit of fun. It was nice to forget all the stress and responsibilities for a while, but it wasn't right. "

Although Kida and Aeon looked like their younger 16 year old selves, Kida was wondering why Ava insisted in treating them as such. Aeon explained the situation and Kida nodded in agreement 'De-aging potions are available to be purchased by the public, frankly i'm surprised we don't have seventh years pretending to be first years and trying to get resorted. Honestly it's all for fun, we did not intend for a Food Fight to happen, one student got upset with Aeon discussing drop bears and threw a bread roll, some of the younger students seemed to clue on and it unfolded into this' Kida paused for a moment, her clothes feeling heavy with Jam 'Of course we both agree getting involved with the Fight wasn't what professors should do, It is what Student's would do, and at that moment in time we were students.' looking at the time Kida realized there time was in fact very limited 'In the next Ten minutes or so we will return to being our regular Adult selves.'

Professor King didn't seem to be taking James very seriously at all, and he suspected that perhaps the duel may not have been a good thing. It'd tainted his reputation, that much was certain. Yet as he was dismissed so abruptly, he couldn't contain himself blurting out at her as he passed. "Yes, I most certainly shall take it up with you later. I have a lot to discuss with you."

Ava pointed a finger towards the Hall door when James spoke to her rudely. "Out. Now." He was not doing anything to help himself.
She listened to the two Professor's reasoning, and she was not happy with them. Ava didn't like how disrespectful Kida was being; at least Aeon was apologized. "Well, unfortunately, you are Professors, no matter how old you look. And with that does come responsibility. Both of you are on probation until further notice." Ava said sternly, her arms folded. "You may go now."

"Probation my ass." Aeon shouted, whipping out his wand and casting the killing curse on Ava before jumping out the window and flying off into the sunset on a magical motorcycle.

Aeon's face fell at the word probation. His third year into his dream job and he was already messing it all up. Just when things seemed like they were finally going right for him, it all had to fall apart again. What was the point anymore? He'd already been pushed down to teaching the younger students and now this. Perhaps resigning would just be easier. Either way, it would be the last time he listened to any of Kida's dumb ideas. "Understood." He responded, turning away as they were dismissed. He avoided any eye contact with Kida and returned to his office until the potion wore off.

Turning into a Wolf Kida followed Aeon's lead, she made sure Ava was good and dead by eating her face before running out the front door towards the Forbidden Forest.

Probation wasn't a word Kida expected to hear when she decided to see what life was like as a Student since it had been a few years since she finished school. 'We are aware of our responsibilities as Professors, and Our Responsibilities to the Students here, We both have Kids ourselves and we both strive to provide the best Education we can on any level. There is no reason why Us Professors can't get along with the Student's, we don't have to lord over them.' Kida was frustrated, no matter what she said it was being twisted to negatively impact both of them, Regardless of their attitude outside of their role they were being confined to a certain stereotype. 'I apologize for any disruptions caused by this incident, It will not happen again' she finished. Kida followed Aeon out and pulled a Donut out of the hood of his Uniform, her Professor robes were in his office so he'd have to deal with her peeling stray food items off his person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back