Nick
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Curly Oak/Wenge 16" Essence of Feng-huang Tail Feather
Hello, everybody!
Well, it's that time again - one year is ending on HNZ and another is beginning. Today has been quite busy for me, trying to get everything prepared for all of you, and I likely would have collapsed at several points if it weren't for Livvy holding me up and doing whatever came to mind that I was too lazy to try myself.

There are several things that need be mentioned, so I will try to shove them all in here for you and whatever I don't post about will be posted about later on (so don't worry too much ;) )!

Exams
Exams, technically, close today. However, for OWL and NEWT exams (where the students have all their exams now) we would ask professors to please allow the exams to be up to two days late. All other exams should close on schedule.
It has also come to our attention that some exams were not posted. Any exams that were not posted will be an automatic "O" for students on the exam.

Graduation
The Graduation forum was closed today, and the topics from it have been closed and moved to the Great Hall forum for viewing. Thank you to everybody who took the time to roleplay in Graduation and make it what it was. :) A final congratulations to all graduates, as well. :D
A Reminder for Graduates: You have been moved in to the HNZ Graduates group and will be removed from this group on Saturday. If you have a specific user group you would like to be moved to at that time please PM me.

End of the Year Feast
The End of the Year Feast has been posted! Make sure to check it out here: http://hogwartsnewzealand.com/topic/7250578/

Usergroup Promotions
Most users (99.5%) have been promoted to their group for Y9 in order to make way for first years to come in during sorting. Please keep in mind that it is still Y8. You should not yet be roleplaying anything to do with Y9! ;)

Sorting
Sorting will open this Sunday, the 17[sup]th[/sup] of January. Instructions for Sorting will be posted (all over the board so you can't miss them) at that time. :)

Transfers
Applications to transfer to HNZ for Y9 will open this Sunday, the 17[sup]th[/sup] of January. Instructions for transferring will be posted (all over the board so you can't miss them) at that time. :)

Tri-Wizard Tournament
A lot of thought has gone in to, and is still going in to, the planning of the Tri-Wizard Tournament for Y9. Applications to be a Champion of the following schools during the upcoming tournament will open at an unspecified time during the next week:
[ul][li]Durmstrang</LI>
[li]Beauxbatons
<LI>[li]Hogwarts New Zealand[/li][/ul]I hope you are all as excited about this as we are, and I don't want to leave you in too much suspense over what will be occurring during the TWT but some surprises are necessary. ;) Right now I'll just share this small bit of information: It is being hosted in France! :D
More Details To Follow

That's it for now! If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please post in this topic.

~Nick
(On behalf of The HNZ Site Staff)

Zazuka is so there!

The reason I never posted exams was because no one had attended the lessons apart from the first. So it seemed logical not to continue putting in the effort for no one to appreciate. :p

I did because Professor Merrythought is my long lost mommy of that I am sure. And when she is no longer my Professor I'm going to cry and throw a fit until she teaches the other years as well. Also Eden can not wait to be her helper next year.

I'm assuming it's chosen according to canon, which means only the ... seventh years, I think? Or perhaps sixth years, too. Either 16 or 17, no younger.

I'm trying to remember exactly what age Fred and George tried to make themselves xD

I have not been part of the awesome planning process but as far as I am aware I am almost 99.9% sure that students have to be 17 by a certain date in order to qualify.

The site staff team who've been working relentlessly on this (not me as I chose not to so know about as much as all of you) will let us know the details in due course cpncerning applications etc.

;)

Does this mean Zuka will see Andy at Beauxbatons next year?

Rukevra Vanderzuk said:
This Tri-wizard thing?

:unsure:

Who can apply?
All that information will come when the applications go up, Tony, patience. ;)
According to canon, though, students must be 17 or older to participate. So mostly only seventh years. A sixth year is possible if they're seventeen by the time names are put in the goblet (so their birthday would have to be early to mid September).

Nicolas King said:
According to canon, though, students must be 17 or older to participate. So mostly only seventh years. A sixth year is possible if they're seventeen by the time names are put in the goblet (so their birthday would have to be early to mid September).
Okay, thank-you.

That's a definite no for Ruki to be killed off during the competition then. :tut:

Nicolas King said:
Tri-Wizard Tournament
A lot of thought has gone in to, and is still going in to, the planning of the Tri-Wizard Tournament for Y9. Applications to be a Champion of the following schools during the upcoming tournament will open at an unspecified time during the next week:
[ul][li]Durmstrang</LI>
[li]Beauxbatons
<LI>[li]Hogwarts New Zealand[/li][/ul]I hope you are all as excited about this as we are, and I don't want to leave you in too much suspense over what will be occurring during the TWT but some surprises are necessary. ;) Right now I'll just share this small bit of information: It is being hosted in France! :D
Does this mean some Fun for Mister Firn! :D

Nicolas King said:
Nina was a champion in her fourth year though..

That was because we did not have seventh/sixth years back then. The highest that was in Y5 were fifth years.
I assume that the Admins are going to keep to the canon rules as from the books.

Aleyha Devearux said:
I assume that the Admins are going to keep to the canon rules as from the books.
But the rules for the competitions where changed in the books, to limit those students who where likely un-ready for such a challenge from applying. It was also likely the entire competition was cancelled, again, due to the death, again. With this now being a new era, if the competition was brought back, why not allow anyone, feeling capable, to take part; or even require parental permission?

If we are sticking to this cannon rubbish, then I say we put a nice little charm on the Goblet; and stuff extra names into it. :)

Despite the fact of being a head of the Department of International Magic Co-Operation, I don't have much of a say on the matter. However, I believe that due to the death of Cedric Diggory, the age limit should hold. Seventeen year old's are far more mature and able to make the choice suitably, rather then just for the glory. This is also applying to the fact that some year levels know spells more advanced then others AND the death was clarified to be by the Dark Lord (at least some what) who is no longer around (and the 17 year old rule was made before they discovered this). Hence, the rule should apply that only 17 and older Students can participate.

I would say that students under 17 entering the Tournament would be not only un-canon, but they would also lack readiness for such a tournament. It was said in the book and it would apply to today. The times have changed, but the teachings of Hogwarts stayed the same from what I know?

Alexis:[ol][li]Different Admin making the calls then</LI> [li]We're going with canon <LI>[li]The last TWT was very watered down so as not to be dangerous enough to warrant the 17+ requirement[/li][/ol]

Tony: The competition is not about "feeling capable". It's an honour in the series to be a school's champion. Selection is done via magic. Everything is based on tradition and custom. We're not changing the 17+ rating.

Nathan: Planning is done OOC by Admin for reasons. Also, as the event is not hosted by NZ this time around, the head of NZ ministry departments would not plan the TWT.

Graduates
All graduates have been promoted to the member group or a specified user group of their choosing. :D

Holiday Forums
All holiday forums have been opened to students! ^_^ So you can all start getting your school supplies for the next year purchased and start any family/holiday RPs. :D

Sorting/Transfers
These will open tomorrow, so tell your friends and get ready for some awesome stuff! ^_^

Archived

This topic can no longer be considered 'news' but should rather be called 'olds'. It has thusly been archived.
If you have any questions or concerns involving this [former] news, please contact an administrator and keep looking for newer 'news' in the News and Updates forum.

Thank you,
~The HNZ Site Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back