Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Divorced
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Straight 9 ½ Inch Rigid Chestnut Wand with Unicorn Tail Hair Core
It was that time of the year again. Katherine lead the first round of duellists to their places on the stage, gesturing for them to stand at either end, while took her own on the podium to oversee it. "Welcome, competitors, to your first round of the duelling tournament. As always, the victor of this round will move on to compete in the next, and is brought one step closer to becoming one of this year's duelling champions. A reminder to you all that spells can only be cast on anything already present on the platform. Now, wands at the ready, and prepare yourselves for the duel ahead." Katherine called, giving the students an opportunity to take on a comfortable stance. "Bow and commence."

The duel begins now. You have 24 hours from this to post your first reply, or face disqualification. Once both duelists have posted, you will have 24 hours from your opponents post to reply, or be disqualified. Ensure that you use the spell list for guidance on age-appropriate spells, and read over the dueling rules and points system. Please also remember site rules apply, including power/god modding. You can find the site rules here. Duels will run until there is a winner or until 6 IRL days have passed, in which case the winner will be chosen by RNG. If you are knocked out or otherwise disarmed/incapacitated, or if you run out of points, you will lose and the duel will end. Have fun!

As an added note: Spectators are allowed to post in this topic once per competitors post, but are forbidden from directly interfering with the duels.
Code:
[b]Current Points:[/b] 150
[hr][/hr]RP content[hr][/hr][b]Action(s) Taken:
Point Changes:
Points Remaining:[/b]
@Celia Vuong vs @Louis Alcott

Current Points: 150

Louis had been amused to see he was up against Celia first. Last time their duel had ended badly for her, but he was pretty sure she was going to strictly follow the rules this time. Louis bowed at her, smiling. "Did you get my rose?" He asked her, by way of greeting. Then he cast his first spell. "Expelliarmus!"
Action(s) Taken: Cast spell
Point Changes: -5
Points Remaining: 145

Current Points: 150
Entering the dueling chamber, Celia experienced a feeling of déjà vu. There was Louis, smiling as usual, and there was Professor Alicastell, hovering over them on her podium like an overgrown bat. The only thing different was Celia herself. Steely resolve had replaced her nerves from last year. She had trained endlessly for this moment, knowing she would have to be ten times better than her peers to have a fair shot at winning this. Unlike them, she couldn't count on fair proctoring — especially not from the headmistress.

The match commenced, and Celia bowed. For a second, she thought about answering Louis' question with a simple "no" just to mess with his head right before the duel. But then she smiled. She didn't need to resort to mind games — yet. "I did. Does this count as hanging out?" Celia blocked Louis' first spell, arching an eyebrow at his choice. Was he going easy on her? "Incendio!"

Action(s) Take: Cast spell x2
Point Changes: -10
Points Remaining: 140

Current Points: 145

Louis grinned at Celia's question, blocking her spell, taking a few steps back from the force. She clearly wasn't going to go easy on him. "I guess it does, but I was picturing something else!" He called back to her side of the duelling platform. "Stupefy!"
Action(s) Taken: Cast spell x2
Points Remaining: 135

Last edited:
Current Points: 140
Celia smirked a little as Louis was forced to take a few steps back. He had blocked her attack, but maybe she could force him off the platform. There were more ways to win a duel than just hitting your opponent with a spell. Alicastell had taught her that last year. "Like what?" Celia asked, curious in spite of herself. She blocked his stunning spell before taking a couple steps forward, wanting to shorten the gap between them and press her advantage. "Reducto!"
Points Remaining: 130

Current Points: 135

Louis could tell Celia was enjoying herself, which was kind of fun. He saw her move closer to him, and stepped back a bit more, carefully taking note of the edge of the platform. He wasn't that close yet, but he had to be careful. "I dunno, I didn't think it would involve you slinging spells at me." He called back. "Maybe a walk? Rictusempra!"
Points Remaining: 125

Last edited:
Current Points: 130
A walk? Celia nearly laughed — no help from the Tickling Charm needed. What was he, a 60-year-old man? She quickly blocked his spell, continuing to move forward as she did so. He was getting closer to the edge, and a strategy formed in her head. "Sounds boring. But if you want to take a walk off the platform, go ahead." Celia followed up her suggestion with an "Everte Statum!" in case he needed a little help doing just that.
Points Remaining: 120

Current Points: 125

Louis couldn't help frowning a bit at Celia's reaction to his idea, she seemed to think it was silly. He glanced at Professor Alicastell, biting his tongue. He wanted to say he could take her on a walk to the forest, which definitely wouldn't be boring, but saying that in front of the Headmistress would just be stupid. "It won't be boring with me." He said, blocking Celia's spell, backing up a bit more, realizing he didn't really have anywhere left to go. He would have to push her back. Or at least stop her from advancing more. He cast a Knee-reversing hex, which would stop her from backing him into a corner more
Points Remaining: 115

Current Points: 120
Louis was no longer smiling, and Celia couldn't have been happier. He seemed to be having trouble with the duel, even looking to Professor Alicastell for help, but Celia was determined not to let the headmistress intervene today. She continued to advance, smile widening as he took a few more steps back to the edge, right where she wanted him. All the pieces were falling into place. Celia blocked the hex. "I don't know, this seems more fun to me." She leveled her wand at Louis before tipping the point down, towards the platform beneath him. "Scourgify," she said, hoping to coat his side of the platform with slippery suds.
Points Remaining: 110

Last edited:
Current Points: 115

Louis wasn't really enjoying this. He did appreciate how intense Celia could get, but she didn't have to make fun of him. He scowled. "Not when I win." He said, raising his eyebrows at her spell choice. Blocking it quickly before casting his own. "Tarantallegra"
Points Remaining: 105

Current Points: 110
Celia was a little disappointed that he'd blocked her charm. She was sure the soapy bubbles would have made it harder for him to stay on the platform. But it was no big deal. She had already backed him into a corner, and he seemed to be growing more upset by the second. Louis had always come across as cool and unflappable, and there was something satisfying about finally getting under his skin. Celia wondered if she could use this, provoke him until his emotions got the best of him and he could no longer think straight. Blocking his attack, she cast him a rather judgmental look. "You're going to win... with a dancing spell?" She smirked. "Reducto!"
Points Remaining: 100

Current Points: 105

Louis tried his best to get his confidence back. He blocked Celia's spell, trying for a cocky grin. "Maybe I just want to dance with you again." He teased. "Stupefy!"
Points Remaining: 95

Current Points: 100
Celia wasn't sure what had happened to give Louis his arrogant smile back, but she did know that she found it quite irritating. She liked to think she was pretty good at reading people, but Louis was proving to be indecipherable. "You know, you could just ask," she said, her mind still working out ways to either goad him further or defeat him. Preferably both. In the meantime, she needed to keep him pinned against the edge."Incendio!"
Points Remaining: 90

OOCOut of Character:
This duel will be decided by RNG if a winner is not decided sooner.
The duel will time out at 11:59PM EST tonight

OOCOut of Character:
As we're out of time, the winner has been decided.
Celia Vuong is the victor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back