Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Divorced
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Straight 9 ยฝ Inch Rigid Chestnut Wand with Unicorn Tail Hair Core
Leading the competitors of the first round to the duelling platform, Katherine gestured for each of them to take up a position at either end, while she herself stepped up to a podium overlooking them. With a tap of her wand in the air, the headmistress pointed the tip at her throat, speaking out in a magically-amplified voice. "Welcome, competitors, to the first round of duelling. As always, the victor of this round will move on to compete in the next, and is brought one step closer to becoming one of this year's duelling champions. Wands at the ready, and prepare yourselves for the duel ahead." Katherine called, giving the students an opportunity to take on a comfortable stance. "Now, bow and commence."
The duel begins now. You have 24 hours to post, or face disqualification. Ensure that you use the spell list for guidance on age-appropriate spells, and read over the dueling rules and points system. If you are knocked out or otherwise disarmed/incapacitated, or if you run out of points, you will lose and the duel will end. Have fun!
As an added note: Spectators are allowed to post in this topic once per competitors post, but are forbidden from directly interfering with the duels.

Code:
[b]Current Points:[/b] 150
[hr][/hr]RP content[hr][/hr][b]Action(s) Taken:[/b]
[b]Point Changes:[/b]
[b]Points Remaining:[/b]
@Nell Wright vs @Jasper Night

Current Points: 150

Nell had never liked duelling at the best of times, but it would have felt silly not to at least give it a try in her final year. She didn't know whether being paired with Jasper for the first match was a good or bad thing, but just because he was her boyfriend didn't mean she was going to go easy. After bowing to her opponent Nell took a stance, quickly firing off her first spell. "Stupefy!"
Action(s) Taken: Cast spell
Point Changes: -5
Points Remaining: 145

Current Points: 150

Jasper would much rather have faced anyone else in his year rather than his girlfriend. He still wasn't quite used to Nell being his girlfriend, to be fair. He grinned at her and waved instead of bowing, then nearly got taken out by her first spell. "Hey!" He called as he jumped out of the way. "Expelliarmus!" He then cast a spell back.
Action(s) Taken: Cast spell, dodged spell
Point Changes: 15
Points Remaining: 135

Current Points: 145

Nell hadn't expected to do especially well in this match, and it was a surprise to actually take Jasper by surprise. Maybe he had thought she would go easy on him. She grinned slightly and blocked his next spell, firing back one of her own. "Langlock!"

Action(s) Taken: Cast spell x2
Point Changes: -10
Points Remaining: 135

Current Points: 135

Jasper blocked Nell's spell, huffing at her. "It's like you want to shut me up." He joked. "Expelliarmus!" He cast again.
Action(s) Taken: Cast spell x2
Point Changes: 10
Points Remaining: 125

Current Points: 135

Nell giggled slightly at Jasper's joke, distracted for a moment too long. As she moved her wand to cast a shield his next spell struck, and her wand was flung wildly from her hand, skittering and clattering across the stage. Though she wasn't surprised to have lost, Nell couldn't hold back a small groan of frustration that it had happened so quickly. "No fair, you distracted me!" She teased, crossing the stage to pick up her wand.

Action(s) Taken: Lose the duel
Point Changes: -all
Points Remaining: none rip

Current Points: 125

Jasper couldn't help laughing when Nell's wand flew out of her hand, though he put his hand over his mouth to muffle it a bit. "With my dashingly handsome good looks?" He teased. "I can't believe I disarmed you on my second try." He added.
Action(s) Taken: roasted his girlfriend, won
Point Changes: -
Points Remaining:

Nell flushed with irritation, though she couldn't help smiling slightly. "You know I've never been good at duelling." She laughed slightly, crossing the platform to him. "Though your good looks probably had something to do with it." She teased, giving him a quick kiss before moving off the platform to make way for the next duel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back