Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Eternally Smitten
Wand
Cedar Wood, Hippogriff Feather core, 13 1/2 inches
Onyx had been planning this all... hour, it had only been an hour since he'd decided this was a good idea. With a backpack full of water balloons, he slipped down to the dungeons. Sapphire would be coming out at any moment. He knew his sister. He smirked as he heard the entrance to the common room open, twirling around the corner at full speed and letting the water balloon fly- straight into the face of Zennon Barros. Onyx stood there a moment, eyes wide. "You aren't my sister," He squeaked, the backpack slipping through his fingers as a blush heated his cheeks.

Zennon had never been attacked in his own space in the dungeons. It was not a thing that happened to him. So having a water balloon attack him the moment he stepped out of the common room was not something he’d been expecting. Bloody Gryffindors. He knew too many of them to know they were annoying. He rolled his eyes at Onyx. “So you’re not blind?” He asked, jokingly mad. “I’ve certainly got every other feature to assume I am. I mean I’m in Slytherin robes and... Nope, that’s about it.” He said frowning at Onyx.​

Onyx slowly lowered his bag of water balloons to the floor. "I dunno," He grinned mischievously, "You're just as pretty to look at as she is," He flirted lightly, trying not to panic. Was Zennon an angry person? Was Onyx about to die? I love you, boo, He thought his last words, straightening and flipping his hair, giving Zennon his most charming grin. "You really must forgive me," he pouted just a little, "I didn't realize that there was a Slytherin that could rival the stunning beauty of my sister."

Zennon couldn't believe what he was hearing. What on Earth was happening these days? "Woah, okay, slow down dude, I have a girlfriend," a girlfriend he didn't think he was all that interested in anymore, but that wasn't the point. "Thank you though, I like to look nice." He grinned, playfully. "I can't imagine Sapphire would be too pleased with you had you actually gotten her wet though, do you think you'd have made it to the end of the corridor before she threatened to curse you or to the stairs maybe?"

Onyx chuckled nervously, rubbing the back of his neck. "And I have a boyfriend. I didn't mean anything by it, kinda... panicked a little." He gave Zennon a small smile. "You are really very gorgeous though, don't let anyone tell you differently." He grinned, leaning against the wall. He laughed as Zennon asked about his sister. "She keeps a supply of glitter bombs in her bag. She would retaliate and I would be so glittery and fabulous I could be a disco ball," he joked lightly.

Zennon laughed at Onyx. He couldn't help it. They weren't really friends, but obviously he knew him through Sapphire, so they'd shared the same space on a few occasions. He knew Onyx was funny, but he was also witty, which Zennon enjoyed. "I panic, I get it, though... if I was going to get you back, you wouldn't see it coming, so.... you should probably stay vigilant, I like to take my time." He shook his head at Onyx's comment on being a disco ball. He knew Sapphire had a strong desire to retaliate immediately, but he still thought that terror was the best way to go. "Sam's usually the only one who calls me gorgeous, so thanks for that,"

Onyx grinned a little as Zennon laughed. At least he wasn't in too much trouble. He winced as Zennon promised a slow retaliation. "I guarantee you I'll forget about it by the end of the week, I won't see it coming," He chuckled. He grinned at Zennon's words. "Sapph's roommate, that Sam?" He questioned curiously. "I find it hard to believe no one else said anything. A shame, really. I used to be more vigilant in letting gorgeous people know they were gorgeous. Diana Holland probably considered jinxing me the first time we met," He joked idly. "But my boo has me pretty distracted lately." He shrugged.

Zennon snorted lightly at Onyx. "Don't encourage me, Leds'll be ever so upset if I leave her out of a revenge plot," he said, already thinking about a couple of different ways he might be able to get the Gryffindor back. Perhaps he would even involve Sapphire, he was sure she wouldn't take all that much convincing, if she took any convincing at all. "Yep, Sam Mackintosh, blonde," he said, describing her in a bit more detail. "I mean, she's not the only one, but she is the only one I hear it with any regularity." And it didn't really count since they were dating. She had to say it. Onyx mentioned Diana and Zennon laughed. He'd shared classes with her for six years and they'd had a couple of conversations over the years, but they weren't friends, even still, he wasn't surprised to hear that about her. "Yeah, I've heard that."

Onyx chuckled. "Leda is a force to be reckoned with, that's for sure," He murmured. He grinned as Zennon clarified who Sam was, chuckling. "Yeah, I thought that was the one. She looks a lot like Analei, doesn't she? I've always thought that, I get them mixed up really easy." He gave Zennon a grin. He sighed a little. "Hey, Zennon, can I ask you something?" He inquired slowly.

Zennon nodded, happy to talk about his love for his best friend, well, one of them. Sapphire and Analei got plenty of love too. "Leda was one of the first people I felt really comfortable around. I met her my first year and she just... woah, she was so cool and I would have done literally anything to be her friend," the thought brought back memories of Leda kicking that Gryffindor Prefect, and then thoughts of Olive and he laughed a little, he was glad to know his friend was doing so much better. He loved Leda... as a friend, obviously. "I'll miss her next year." The thought of being without her made him sad. She had a life to lead of course, and he'd always known it was coming since she was older than him, but something about it being a little more final now made him sad. He was going to lose the one person he felt most comfortable with. Of course Sapphire and Analei were still around, but... something about Leda just felt right for him. He looked over at Onyx as he mentioned Sam and Analei appearing similarly. He had to blink for a moment, because he hadn't thought about it. Obviously they were both blond, but really? He didn't see it. He chose not to comment though as Onyx spoke again. "What do you want to ask me?" Did he want to be asked this question?​

Onyx chuckled. "Is that what made you and Sapphy click? She talks the same way about Leda, she just adores her." He ran his hand through his hair. "Yeah... we'll miss a lot of people next year," Onyx spoke, thinking of Leda and Mervyn and... probably a few other seventh years he wasn't thinking of right away. "I'm curious who they're going to make captain once Leda and Liam leave," He mused. "I'm kinda hoping Sapph gets it." He confided quietly. "Who do you think it might be?" He asked, before pausing as Zennon agreed to answer his question. "Just, um... how do you know if someone's happy?" He asked softly. He wasn't sure how else to phrase it, he was just... curious.

“I barely remember not knowing your sister to be honest,” Zennon admitted with a frown. “We didn’t really meet until sort of later in the term a bit I think, I had a lot going on at the time, so it’s a bit fuzzy,” he said rolling his eyes. “First year is kind of a blur,” he hadn’t thought about it, but he barely remembered it at all. The reason he remembered meeting Leda so well was because it had been a significant event, given Leda had kicked James in the... he bit his lip so he wouldn’t cringe at the thought. “I seem to have a thing about girls who threaten me with physical harm,” he said, frowning again. Maybe that’s what was missing out of his relationship with Sam then. “I’m trying not to think about next year to be honest. Leda has made it look so easy, but I know it’s not, Leda is just a powerhouse.” He wasn’t ready at all, he knew that better than he knew anything. “I’m convinced I’m going to flunk everything you know?” He was taking more classes than he required, and sometimes he wished he wasnt, but what it he later turned around and decided he didn’t want to be a healer, or what if he didn’t get in? He had to make sure he had something to fall back on, surely. Zennon leaned against the wall as Onyx mentioned Quidditch Captain. “I can see it. She’s a strong player, and the oldest after Liam and Leda, she’ll be in seventh year and she’s a prefect so they know she can handle responsibility. She’s well liked by the rest of the team and Leda wouldn’t give it to someone younger, id say she’s in with a good chance,” he said. He didn’t know who really had the final say, whether it was the Quidditch Captains themselves or the Head of House, but he was fairly certain Sapphire wasn’t on Styx’s radar, so he’d be very surprised if she didn’t get it. Zennon frowned however when Onyx asked him a most perplexing question. “What do you mean? People tend to smile?” He wasn’t sure what the context of the question was and didn’t feel like he could answer it without knowing what he was talking about.​

Onyx raised a brow and smirked a little at Zennon's statement. "Did you ever have a crush on my sister then? She's always threatened me with physical harm. She's also punched me before... threw a chess set at me once, but I deserved that," He cringed at the memory. "Well if it helps you'll have better grades than me," He tried to reassure him, smiling impishly and brushing a hand through his hair.

Onyx chuckled a bit. "Can you imagine having Sapphire and Jake as opposing captains?" He grinned. Sapph would tease Jake so much. She did anyway, but it would be worse then. "If she gets it, I say we buy them a single crown and pass it between the winner of their matches." He nodded decisively, already thinking up plans.

Onyx shifted a little when Zennon inquired more. "No, I know that, I mean like... in relationships," He blushed, looking away. "You're just... really cool, and Sapph talks really highly of you. I just... found out some things recently, and I... don't know if I make my boyfriend happy." He admitted softly.

Zennon laughed lightly at Onyx. "Oh, dear merlin no. I mean, could you imagine if I did though? Heck. No, I never really had any interest in anyone until last year," he admitted without quite meaning to. It was a little bit weird how he'd suddenly developed some kind of attachment to Sam, though he would never admit to any of the other thoughts that ran through his head. "Your sister could honest to merlin beat me to within an inch of my life and I'd probably thank her for setting me straight," he laughed, thinking on his friendship with his fellow Slytherin. She was one of his best friends and he was glad to still have her in his life since he would be losing Leda very soon. Onyx tried to be reassuring about his grades and Zennon raised an eyebrow at him. "I know that was supposed to help, but you and I both know your grades are bad, Dude." Though he did appreciate Onyx trying to help. Zennon liked the idea of Jake and Sapphire as opposing Captains, at least they were friends. It was hard enough choosing to support Analei over Jake or Leda, although, when it came down to it, he was probably always going to choose Slytherin. Especially if Sapphire was to become Captain. Zennon frowned at Onyx as he seemed like he thought Zennon would be a good person to come to for relationship advice. The question he asked was one he was struggling a bit himself. Not from Sam, because he knew she was happy, but that was part of the problem. How could he break her heart like that? "I mean, I think there's no real way of knowing unless you ask someone, you know?"

Onyx laughed with Zennon. "Hey, some people are like that. My cousin Ember didn't get into anything romantic until she was our age. You might like her, she's really straight forward and cool. She tried dating a guy then they broke up because they decided they were better as friends. The whole thing was pretty low key honestly." He didn't mention the way he'd thought he'd seen Em checking out the guy that had sung with her at the wedding. It wasn't any of his business to spread his musings about his cousin just yet.

Onyx grinned wryly at Zennon's comments, chuckling and shrugging. "What can I say? I'm going to find a band and travel the world, there isn't really anything I need to know for that." He said casually, hands in his pockets.

He chewed his lip, thinking over what Zennon said. "Yeah... yeah that makes sense." He admitted, a little sad about the thought. He knew Chrys wasn't exactly happy with Onyx. There had to be something Onyx could do to make it better. Something. But what? He would have to think on it later.

Zennon liked Onyx well enough, though he didn't know the guy from most other Gryffindors roaming the halls. They certainly weren't friends and he couldn't really recall having very many conversations with him either. "Eh, I don't care much about any of that. I try not to think too much about it." Things with Sam were weird right now, but that was just the way things were at the moment. Still, he would have loved to have more of an understanding of this sort of thing, but he had a weird feeling that Onyx would not be the best person to ask. "I want to be a healer, so I still have years of study ahead of me. I almost wish I wanted a job that didn't require me to buckle down. OWLs nearly killed me last year and I am not at all looking forward to NEWTs next year, Merlin." He said, shaking his head. "I already know it's going to be an absolute disaster."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back