OOC First Name
Jamie
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Engaged
Wand
Straight 11 Inch Flexible Ash Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
Evelyn Manning was done with being at the Gryffindor dorm. So she decided to explore the castle a bit. She had met some girls in her bedroom, but it was all so very new for her. The fact that she needed to share a room with a lot of more girls was frustrating for her. She wanted her space and especially her room for her clothes. Honestly the girls in her house weren't so bad until now, they helped her with a solution for all of her stuff. So that was nice of them or something? But the fact that she wasn't in the same house as her brother made her mad. Evelyn got always what she wanted, and this was the one time she didn't had it. She was a perfectionist, but she also wanted a perfect life. Evelyn was also curious about what her father thought about that she was sorted into Gryffindor. Evelyn still didn't understood why she was sorted in Gryffindor. She was no hero or a adventurous person. But she couldn't fix it, if she writed a letter to her dad if he wanted to contact the school was no option. The hat made it clear that the decisions he made were final. But Evelyn couldn't stop thinking about it. She insulted the hat so maybe he wanted to put her in a terrible house were she didn't belonged.

Evelyn came at a room that was a student lounge. It was perfect, here she could relax and see what kind of people were on this school. She found herself a spot on a couch and crossed her legs when sitting on the couch. She didn't saw her brother after the sorting and that concert her. What if he lost her out of side, maybe he got new friends and did not have time for her anymore. She grabbed a magazine that she got from her room with the newest fashion in the Magical world. Maybe that would cheer her up.

After settling in the boy's dormitory he escaped the dungeons and decided to explore the castle a little. He didn't mind the house he got sorted in, but the moist environment of the dungeons wasn't something he prefered or would have chosen. He'd have to suck it up for the upcoming seven years of his magical education at Hogwarts.

Wandering around the castle, and also with his mind set on why his sister was sorted into a different house he ended up someplace called the student's lounge. And as if the castle had listened to him, he saw the blonde locks he would recognize everywhere and approached his sister carefully. Grabbing her shoulder and giving it a little shake to let her know he was there. "Hey, Eve." He smirked and took the spot next to her by jumping over the couch. "Settled in already? Complained to someone else that isn't me yet?" Grinning at her, because he knew how she would react to the circumstances they were currently in.

Evelyn wanted to turn to the next page of her magazine until someone grabbed her gentle on the shoulder. Evelyn screamed for a second from the fright, but saw a familiar face. '' Hey Espen! Oh my god you frightened me.'' Evelyn directly put her magazine away and a smile appeared on her face. She was so happy to see her brother that she gave him a hug and a little tear slid down her face. Evelyn was also known for a drama queen, but it was all the emotion that came out in one second. So after a few second she went sitting straight again. '' Well.. I met my new roommates.'' The word roommates came out as a curse. Evelyn wanted a room for herself, because now her clothes and personal stuff needed to be covered with some spell or something. '' They are not so bad, but it is so small. So few space.'' Evelyn sighted for a moment and thought about her new room. '' I complained for sure, because I was so sure that I was about to get sorted in Slytherin. And now I'm with the lions..'' Evelyn smoothed her skirt smooth and after it she played with a blonde lock of hair. '' But brother, how is it at Slytherin?'' Evelyn said with a sad voice.

"Easy there, nothing's here to grab you and drag you into the forbidden forest... Yet." He teased with a little grin, letting out a surprised grunt at the sudden hug as she launched herself into his broader posture. "Hey- hey, I'm still around. It isn't like I'm miles away from you, we're in the same building and we'll see each other plenty of times. Gryffindor and Slytherin shared a lot of classes together last year." He noted and petted the back of her neck slowly, it was always hard to give affection to his sister, because if he touched her hair he was sure he would regret it for the first three weeks. And if he creased her clothes, another two weeks would be added to Evelyn reign of terror.

"Quite the shocker now that you have to share your space, isn't it?" He chuckled. Espen didn't mind, he went camping every once in a while with his friend. And there wasn't a lot of space in the tent, hence Evelyn wasn't one to tag along if they went with the Muggle-sized tents. He shook his shoulders, how she complained about not being sorted into Slytherin. Watching her make sure everything was neat and in place. "Lions are pretty vain." He stated. "Well, the dungeons isn't the cosiest area in the castle. That's for sure. And I can only hope the bedrooms aren't that damp, and even wet like some parts of the dungeons are. Because I'd throw a fit, and demand for a bed in the Hospital Wing for the remaining seven years of education."

Evelyn was so happy that her brother was sitting next to her. She could have such fun with him or just say what was on her mind right now. And he would respect it or made a joke about it. But Evelyn didn't mind if he did that, that would made her laugh almost always. '' He-he very funny Espen. I will make sure that wil NEVER happen. '' A small smile appeared on Evelyn her face. When her brother began about the fact that they weren't in the same house but will see eachother a lot Evelyn shook with her head. '' I hope your right. But I wil never visit you in that Dungeon, there are spiders..''Evelyn got already goosebumps about that thought. Spiders were her biggest nightmare and fear. And she was totally in agreement with her brother about demanding a bed in Hospital Wing if the bedrooms were wet and with damp. Maybe Evelyn needed to be in some way happy that she didn't needed to sleep in the dungeons. But Gryffindor was on the seventh floor and she needed to walk a lot of stairs before she came there. Overall it wasn't perfect as she wanted it to be. '' I totally understand, you have the right to demand it. But how are the people there in your new house?'' Evelyn was curious about which people her brother had met and maybe already made some friends. Her brother was in that way much more experienced then her in doing that. She hoped that what her brother said about seeing eachother a lot was true, maybe they lost eachother out of side. Because seven years was long, really long.

"Hopefully you're right about that, I'm pretty sure I'm not fit to rescue someone from a scary, haunted forest just yet. Not until I have a few courses of Defence Against the Dark Arts." He smirked and let himself sink into the comfortable sofa. Eyes looking up at the chandeliers that could be found throughout the castle, with those little flames dangerously waving to the left and right. "Spiders, rats-.. trolls even." He chuckled, probably exaggerating it a little too much. "There are even rumours of a basilisk slithering through the sewers."

"Every single right." He confirmed with a simple nod, head turning slighty to look at his sister who said more upright than he did. Shrugging his shoulders at her next question, he thought about it for a minute. "They're okay. Not the worst. Still haven't really gotten any genuine friends, simply those you say 'hi' to every morning. But I'll get there eventually, we just arrived after all." Seven years were long enough to make some acquaintances, and hopefully some good friends he'd have for a life time. "I'm looking forward to the first few classes. Hopefully we won't get too much homework to start the year off with, I'd hate to be stuck in my room all the time trying to make sure everything's finished in time and correctly."

'' No I don't even know where that forest is. And I really REALLY don't need to know.'' Evelyn played with a blonde lock of hair and listened to what her brother said to her. They could really use some spells to defend there self for sure. She was eager to learn them, she couldn't wait for the lessons to begin and to met the professors. '' Ah you bastard. You are making me scared. But maybe when they hear me scream they turn around.'' She smirked and crossed her legs over each other. '' Those are rumours, I don't believe it.'' she said about what her brother said about the basilisk.

Her brother was in that way the same as she was. They knew what kind of right they had and so did especially their father raised them. Both of the Manning children were strong kids that weren't afraid of others opinion. She went sitting straight when her brother talked about the people in his house. '' No me neither. But I think that even I will get a friend in those seven years. I'm happy that you look forward to the classes and it seems like you like it here, or am I wrong?'' Espen always was a protective brother for Evelyn and she saw him as her tough big brother. But he wasn't older as she was they were born on the same day, but Espen was just a little earlier then Evelyn came at this world. '' Oh please homework I hate it. I hope that I will find somebody who will make it for me.'' Evelyn looked seriously at her brother.

"You need to know where it is, Evelyn! What if I'm dragged out to that horrid place. You're going to leave me for dead?" Espen pouted at her, trying to pretend he was upset. Of course he wasn't, he wouldn't get dragged to the forest in the first place. "I'm not. I'm just stating some facts -- And rumours -- But mostly facts. Don't you worry, I will try and catch a rat for you if you insist on seeing them. They're as big as your arm, so they're easier to cuddle!" Teasing her with a smug grin as he observed the student lounge for a bit, noticing someone else coming in the area and giving them a quick nod to greet them before his head turned back to his sister.

"You'll get yourself some friends. I'm sure, everyone's a little careful and nervous the first couple of weeks. Classes will help you with making friends, I'm sure -- But yes, I'm very glad that we're here. This is pretty mucht he start of our lives, we decide here what we'll become -- Famous or not, rich or poor, employee at the Ministry or something else." Rambling about the possible destinies their lives would take in the future. He seemed excited, and he was excited. "Good luck with that. I doubt anyone would have time for double the amount of homework. Besides, its important for your grade. So if they'll screw it up -- You're screwed. You don't trust anyone with your hair comb, let alone with something as important as your grades."

'' I'm sure that, that is never going to happen. People are going to be scared for you. Look how tall you already are.'' Evelyn smiled at her brother. It would be funny to be the saver of her brother but she was sure that, that was never going to happen. Her brother wasn't a type for pranks or a victim for that. More people came in the student lounge and went out. Evelyn looked at a few and didn't understand why people didn't spend time to their looks. Some people's hair were just like rope. Evelyn really wanted to help the poor girls with that. '' You should look in your bed every night if there isn't a Rat in it. In that dirty dungeon of yours.'' with a Cuddling a Rat for nothing in the world she would do that. Some people especially in her own house did strange bets to earn some respect or credit. She saw it happening in the common room and she didn't wanted to be a part of it. She would made sure that people had respect for her on her own way.

'' I'm sure you are right. But I'm wondering how long that will take.'' Evelyn didn't met someone yet that could be a potential mate for seven years.
'' I agree with you. This is really the start of our lives. I'm going for famous and rich. So we need to do our very best in classes. And make dad more proud as he already is of us.'' Talking about her dad made her miss him. She was wondering how it would be at home. How mother would think about their absence. She smiled after she heard what her brother said about the homework. Ofcourse it was a joke about finding somebody for her homework. Evelyn was a real perfectionist and she didn't trust anyone with her work and her potential future. But she was curious what people will do for money from her. Maybe in the future she will experiment. Her father always told her that money was power and she wanted to explore that. '' Have you already write mom and dad?'' Evelyn asked to Espen.

"We'll see. I don't think height adds too many intimidation points in a magical world, people can be deadly and dangerous whenever they're small or big and bruteish." Shrugging his shoulders, though he knew he was kind of tall already for his age. And he knew for a fact he looked older than he actually was, which was necessarily a bad thing -- But he didn't want to demand attention that much, he liked to stay in his own mind without too many people bothering themselves with him. "I already doubled-checked today, so nothing to worry about that." He chuckled and looked around the lounge. "Quite nice here, isn't it? Very warm, very cosy and home-y."

"Everything needs to grow. Friendships don't really pop out from the ground. They need to be watered, to be cherished, to be developed." Giving his sister a head-ups, who prefered the fast lane like she was used to at home. Where she was spoiled, and spoiled more if she didn't get the thing she wanted in the first place. "I'm going very much for a more subtle approach, sister -- Though I wouldn't mind getting a little fame by being your brother in all of it." He grinned at her. "Nah, it's the first day. I'm not going to write them just yet, maybe wait a couple of weeks before classes start and all of that."

Evelyn shrugged towards her brother. '' Maybe you are right, so we just have to do our very best in classes.'' Evelyn really wanted to make her dad proud and for herself so she could have a wonderfull future. The blonde Gryffindor looked at her pink nails with a tiny glitter into every nail. Sometimes she had almost everyday a different colour on them, because it had to fit what she was wearing that day. That was a very important rule for Evelyn and one that she wanted to share with other girls, that didn't already did that. Evelyn smiled at her brother about the double check in his bed.

The young Gryffindor looked around her and inspected the room. '' It is warm and cosy yes, but it is a bit small for my taste.'' Evelyn smiled at her brother because he really had to know which answer she would give him. But it was just a honest answer, Evelyn would not lie about what she thought of something. When Espen responded at the subject friends Evelyn sighted. '' Your probably right, but most of my roommates are not my type. But we have a whole school to find somebody.'' She smiled at her brother, knowing that she probably would find a friend. '' I will mention you when I'm famous, don't worry'' And she stuck her tongue out towards Espen. Espen didn't wanted to write home so soon, but Evelyn really wanted to write to her dad especially. They needed to know in which house they were sorted right? '' I think I'm gonna write them later, I'm sure that especially dad is curious in which house we are sorted?'' She was wondering what her father would think of Gryffindor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back