When times are tough.... turn to a sister??

Danielle Raven

OOC First Name
Maia
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Ivy Wand 13" Essence of Gargoyle Tooth
Danielle was in her room, reading her book on the dark arts still. As each page turned, her eyes glinted with something that can only be described as evil. Her desperation to learn more about the dark arts grew and grew with every word she read. Her and her twin brother were intelligent, but the last year had been filled with a passion to 'teach the younger kids' or more commonly known as bullying. Danielle herself would never get involved with physical bullying, preferring to leave the dirty work to her brother. No, Danielle would do the tormenting, the teasing and the verbal abuse, and then walk away, leaving the person in a state of confusion and to be the perfect target for her violent twin. So, the last year had been filled with work, to help clear out the school of muggle borns and muggles in the surrounding area. So far, it had gone well, until she found that she was pretty behind with the work. So, using some connections, she had managed to smuggle a dark arts book into her room with no questions asked. And so far, it had gone better than Danielle could have planned.

As she finished the section she was reading, Danielle closed her book and lay back on her pillows, wondering why she was still stuck in the house. Her brothers had all gone out, leaving her and Dorothy in the care of their eldest sister, Dakota. But, being close to becoming a full alcoholic, Dakota had better things to do instead of sticking around looking after her sisters, so that had left Danielle in charge. Originally, she had planned on restricting her younger sister from areas if she got too annoying, but there was a mutual friendship between the two girls that Danielle couldn't break. In a house with so many people, Danielle felt that little Dorothy was the only one who vaguely understood her or was nice to her. So, for these reasons alone, she had left the younger girl alone, planning to not get involved unless she set fire to something. But, the house was quiet and Danielle wondered what she was doing. So, getting up from her bed, she pushed her book under her pillow and opened her door.

As usual, Dorothy slept at five and woke up late, and now it was three pm and she wasn't even awake. Last night after the fight, Dorothy went out of the manor along with Dancel and wasted their time in their private garden, building snowman. Even thought Dorothy was violent, she was still a child, she still loved playing with the toys and everything. And even with snows. Sometimes she would have a snowball fight with her brothers, inserting brick in it, causing other people to bleed so bad, and once her brother inserted something worse. She had no idea what it was, but it was heavy and huge. She was thrown by her brother and passed out as it hit her head, ended up in St.Mungos with her brothers being lectured by her parents. But she had a lot of fun, and it was odd that the Howards took care of each other by trying to kill each other.

Dorothy woke up, blinking her eyes for a few times and walked to the bathroom of hers, cleaning her face and brushed her brown hair. It was long and soft even though she didn't took care of it very well, oddly it was still very soft. She slammed the door and jumped on her bed, covering herself underneath all the pillows and blankets. "Dancel..." She muttered and again jumped out of her bed, walking to his room finding him no where inside. "DANCEL!" She shouted, making a loud noise and walked downstairs, finding him no where in the living room. "Bloody h3ll" She walked up and walk to Danielle's room, kicking the door, finding her about to leave the room. "Where is Dancel?" She glared at Danielle who was much taller than her.

Danielle glared down on her violent little sister who had kicked her door as she opened it. "Bl00dy H3ll Dorothy! Ask nicely!" She said with a smirk, wondering why the $uck Dorothy was yelling after being so quiet. "Its about time you woke up as well. Someone would think you were a baby, needing sleep every few minutes." She mocked, her tone taunting and teasing as she glared down from her tall height at the small girl who was also glaring up at her. Looking at her door which now had a small mark on it where Dorothy's shoe had made contact with it. She raised her eyebrows in the same way that she did at school when the younger students were apologising for getting in her way. However, knowing full well that she wasn't going to get an apology from the girl in front of her, she tried to work out why she had been thinking nice things about the brat a few minutes ago.

Dorothy had to rolled her eyes after listening to Danielle. "Oh am I not nice enough? Well guess what?" She glared at her and continued talking this time in a bigger volume. "IM TRYING MY BEST TO BE NICE" She said loudly not caring if she made some of her siblings mad or not in the manor. After all, she couldn't spot them, she was lucky enough to see Danielle at home. Why wasn't she in the school anyway? Odd. She thought and took a few steps back. "I'm going to go back to sleep if you're done talking with me" She said flatly still looking at her in the eye not moving an inch. Dorothy didn't even care if she annoyed Danielle by yelling, if it was Donavon, he would probably slam her on the wall. But since he wasn't here, she was free to do whatever she wanted. After all, he was never home.

Danielle rolled her eyes at her sister's question. She knew that if she gave the answer that was about to roll off her tongue, she would get a full tantrum on her hands. And that, that was something that she couldn't be bothered with at the current time. Putting her hands over her ears as the young child began to shout at her, she winced mockingly. "What the $uck Dorothy!?" She replied, annoyed now with the shouting. It was still ringing in her ears and again, Dorothy surprised her that such a big sound could come out of such a small person. "I didn't start this conversation, you did. So, if you would like to ask the question again without shouting, i will contemplate giving you an answer." She said, a smirk appearing on her face as she stared the younger girl out. She didn't want to argue with her, in-fact, she wanted to talk to her, but in the current state that Dorothy was in, Danielle knew that this wasn't the right moment. Rolling her eyes again, she gave a questioning look towards Dorothy and then made to shut her door.

Seeing the reaction of Danielle after being shouted by Dorothy, the girl smirked and crossed her arms. She then rolled her eyes and pushed Danielle who was blocking her way and walked into the room of her sister's, jumping over her bed and lie on it. "Oh shut up" She said and took a random book beside the bed "Oooo What is this? A diary?" She said loudly opening it, she wasn't even sure if it was a diary. After all why would Danielle kept a diary? But again, Dorothy didn't know, she rarely visit Danielle in her room. Most of the time, she was either in her room or Dancel's or the garden, climbing the high trees and spend the rest of the days on the tree, playing with her toys. "You're all alone" She said finding Danton no where in her sight. Danton wasn't so bad, Devlin was the worse.

Danielle stood her ground as her sister walked into her and shut the door, leaving them both in the same room. Sighing as the irritating child jumped on her bed, she rolled her eyes to the ceiling and dragged her off, dumping her on the floor. Danielle's bed was now a mess and she straightened the edges of the duvet, not liking anything to be wrong. This was her way with many things, like the blood problem. To Danielle, mud-bloods and filth were a problem, a mess and someone needed to straighten them out like she did with her bed sheets.

Her eyes blazed furiously as her younger sister picked up her book. It wasn't that she was ashamed of it, for there was nothing impure about learning more dark arts, she just knew that there would be a big argument if the rest of her family found out. Snatching the book back, she closed it, making sure that the marker went back in the right place and tucked it under her pillow, reminding herself to find a better place to hide secret things in future. "Nothing for a midget or brat like you to worry about." She said, her voice calm and flat as she covered up her anger at her sister.

"Well done. Someone will think that you actually own a brain in your thick head of yours if you keep making such clever comments like that." Danielle smirked, her tone sarcastic and mocking. "What were you expecting, the whole family having a party in here? I don't think so." She scoffed. Sitting on her bed, she crossed her legs underneath her. "All the boys have gone out, Dakota was supposed to be in charge, but she went out drinking. Surprise surprise." Danielle said, her tone still flat with unamusement. "So its just you and me squirt." She said with a faint smile etched on her normally blank face. The use of her nickname for the youngest was Danielle's way to tell her that she didn't want to argue. Hoping that this message would come across, she wiped the smile away from her face and lay back into her pillows.

Just as Dorothy thought, Danielle would dumped her off to the floor. She was used to it, she was always like that. She wanted everything to be perfect just like one of those Huberta princesses. She hated them but not Danielle, she was so much more than them. Although sometimes she acted like one of them. "Way to be nice" She said flatly and sarcastically, glaring at Danielle and walked to the bathroom, washing her hands, wiping it on the towel behind her and walked back to the room of Danielle's. "Oh Dani, we all knew that soon I'll be way taller than you! And you can no longer call me a midget, I'll be way better than you." She said believing her own thoughts. Well actually, Dorothy was tall for her age but no one knew if she was going to be taller than Danielle or not.

Dorothy rolled her eyes and walked toward the bed of Danielle's, she grabbed the blanket and pull it a little, making everything moved, including the pillows and everything on top of the bed. "Oops" She said and smirked looking at Danielle. Of course she meant it, she pretended as if it was an accident but it was obviously not an accident. "Dakota might be asleep in her room, I can always wake her up and tell her to shut you up" She walked to the other part of the bed, standing in front of Danielle who was taller than her. "Stop acting like them!" She pushed Danielle by the stomach, referring to the Hubertas. She dislike them, they were too perfect, so much different than the Howards. While all the kids weren't in their best behavior here in the manor, the Hubertas were always in their best behavior and Dorothy thought they were sick. Well of course, they were boring anyway, their life was all about perfection and grades, and cr@p like that.

Danielle rolled her eyes again at her younger sister. She gave her a sarcastic smile as the girl walked off to wash her hands. Happy that the subject of the book had gone, she turned her attention back to the brat in front of her. "Of course, how could i forget. You can actually grow. Honestly, i thought Donavon had just forgotten to water you." She said with a cold laugh. Her height compared to Dorothy was such that she could tower down on her, and be the right height to impose the right things that an older sister should impose. Like to stop messing her bed for starters.

Narrowing her eyes, she shifted the duvet slightly, and left the rest, deciding to sort it out once Dorothy had left. "Well she's not. She left half an hour ago. Go and look if you will, then you can leave me alone, but i tell you, she isn't here." She said, with another sarcastic and mean look. She was telling the truth, and therefore didn't care about the consequences if Dorothy did go and look. If she did, Danielle would bolt her door and make sure that she wasn't disturbed again. "The only one here that is annoying enough to act like them is you." Danielle added, with a mean glare added on the end. She hated the idea that she was compared to the Hubertas. They did Danielle's head in. What with their 'perfection' and perfect grades etc... blah blah blah. Rolling her eyes, she lay back on her pillows, giving up on the idea of being nice enough to her sister to get the opportunity to chat to her about what was bothering Danielle. It seemed that Dorothy wasn't the sister Danielle thought she was.

Dorothy looked up to her sister, Danielle and pushed her again once more right after she started speaking about her growing like a plant. "I've got enough!" She yelled and took a few steps backward, walking to the mirror and looked at herself, those evil eyes, grins, who wouldn't shiver beside her family? "If you mention about the beast one more time, I'll kill you. I hate him, at least for now. He's a jerk, he never comes home and yet he's acting as if he's father" She was actually disappointed in him not that she hated him but she was heated up so she couldn't control what she was saying. Well she was just being Dorothy, her normal self, unwise little brat who wasn't afraid of being hurt or hurt other people.

As Dorothy saw Danielle lying on the bed beside of tidying it, she smirked, at least she won the round, or Danielle did? "Oh please, I skip classes and I've no idea what the h3ll perfect is. But you, are exactly like them" She said looking at her through the mirror and tied her long, brown hair into a pony tail. She was far from ugly but her heart was far from beautiful. What she knew was how to talk back to other people and how to protect herself by hurting other people. That was it, she didn't know what love was and probably would never know what it was. The family were heartless but yet they manage to take care of each other. "He'll come back" She muttered softly referring to Donavon who would always come once every a couple of weeks.

Danielle felt herself pushed once more and narrowed her eyes at her smaller sister. She was confused about Dorothy's latest reaction to the mention of Donavon. After all, ok so Danielle didn't see eye to eye with him all the time, but he was the best in the family that she could relate to. There was no doubt that her twin Danton was the most protective over her, but she felt like she was distant from him. Especially the way that he resorted to violence all the time. No, the way forward was to play with someone mind. And that was the exact subject that Danielle was reading up on. Instinctively moving her hand to her pillow, she was glad that Dorothy was too absorbed with herself to notice.

Rolling her eyes at Dorothy's latest spill to how she was so unlike the Hubertas, she sighed. "Dear Dorothy. You will one day have to learn that there are worst things to do rather than skipping classes. And let me tell you now, they are the complete opposite to me. I have pride about our family. I don't waste my time with useless disguises. No, come to Durmstrang one day and you will see that i am in the thick of it all." Danielle started, her pride and sarcasm melting through the words used. Danielle was proud of what she had achieved at school and she knew the truth. There wasn't a single student in her year or the year below that didn't fear the mention of the twins. Danton with his physical violent ways, and Danielle with her constant taunting. No, no one could stand the twins when they united.

Dorothy had to roll her eyes as she listened to Danielle bragging about her school life and about her and her twin brother, Danton. "And I will so much better than you, Dancel and I" Dancel might seemed lifeless to the rest of the family but not Dorothy. He could cope with her trying to hurt him and he was wise, he was so much wiser than any kids on his age or even some, older. Even though he was quiet, Dorothy liked him, this was the reason why she clings to him at most of the time. "What disguises?" She was now confused and faced Danielle, walking to the bed and sat on it.

She lied on her tummy as she took the pillow in front of her and looked at Danielle. She was the only sister Dorothy could hang out with, Dakota was alright but lately she had been acting filthy. Dorothy hated her for acting not like a Howard lately. "I don't know what's going on with Dakota. Who the h3ll she think she is? Ruining our family's reputation. You weren't there when we had this drama or did Danton told you what happened?" She asked hoping that the twin of Danielle's told her what really happened because she didn't want to tell the whole story again to her.

Danielle smirked at this latest comment. "Oh will you now. They won't listen to you. No, who would listen to a pathetic 1st year set of twins? And when you come, we will be older and have more power. So really, if you can be better than us, i will be completely amazed." She said, speaking honestly for a rare moment. No, how could Dorothy and Dancel be better than Danton and Danielle? Ok, so Dorothy could possibly go far in her year group, but Dancel. No way. For what Danielle saw Dancel as, he was quiet. Almost lifeless. And no one lifeless deserved to be a Howard. But on the other-hand, Danielle didn't know him very well. As the most distant brother to Danielle, she hadn't bothered to make an effort, and he hadn't either. So the situation had stayed the same. Distant.

"Well, some kids at the school are okish. Not many purebloods, but ok. They act all 'goodytwoshoes' at school in the lessons, and then come out of their perfect shell. Even we don't sink that far to be two faced. No, the kids must know who we are. And the teachers know as well. We don't bother with 'disguises'. Like the Hubertas do." She added, giving Dorothy another good reason why she shouldn't use the disguises. Especially not if she wanted to stay the opposite to the Hubertas.

Raising her eyebrows momentarily at her sister lying on her bed, she decided that it could be ok. After all, they were sisters and it could work. As well as this, Danielle had wanted to talk to Dorothy. But now, her hope in her had been lost. So the secret would have to remain one. For now, they could just chat though. "I don't know. And what happened? You know Danton, he doesn't use many words." She said with a shrug. She had heard the basics, but not the finer details that she knew Dorothy could give. Hoping that her younger sister would fill her in, she sat up and crossed her legs, facing her sister.

In fact, Dorothy was inexperienced but she didn't realize that, she described both Dancel and her as perfect. Well actually Dancel was as perfect as he could be and only Dorothy knew that because she spent the most time with him than the rest of the siblings. "Oh shut it Dani! I know Dancel more than you and he isn't lifeless. Honestly he's so much like Danton only better" Well of course Dorothy was on Dancel's side, after all she as his twin, not Danton.

Oddly, Dorothy didn't argue and listened to Danielle, this was her first time getting along with her older sister. "I don't use disguises, I can't even live if I have to act like them. But honestly I think they're enjoying their life by being like that. I'm not even sure why they're so comfortable being like that. If I were them, I'd kill myself." She said and lied on her back looking up to the ceiling "I'm glad that I'm a Howard" She said not really knowing what she said. He father and mother were never there how could she like her condition? As a child, she still wanted love from her parents yet she never got it.

Dorothy could never imagine what her parents would do if they found out about Dakota being an alcoholic and that she drank muggle drinks. "Does she not like mudbloods? I mean come one, I know her she was crazy and now she's... Crazier, well in a different way" She said and tossed the pillow to the air and caught it, repeating the same thing. "What's going on between Donavon and Dakota?" Now she was curious. "I thought they're deatheaters, they never tell me anything" She now rolled on her tummy and placed the pillow bellow her chin. "I don't like Danton, he acts as if he's father, just like Donavon" She scoffed.

Danielle just shrugged at Dorothy as she gave another statement. For once, Danielle couldn't be bothered to fight back, especially not with Dorothy who didn't actually listen to reasoning, just blurted out whatever came to mind. Shaking her head at her sister, she shrugged again. It was almost like Dorothy had read her mind and Danielle frowned slightly before wiping her face back into an emotionless blankness. "Whatever." She finished, ending the conversation and knowing that although Dorothy might think that she had won, Danielle hadn't been trying so had let her off. Well, thats what Danielle told herself. Danielle, the girl who hated losing. That was probably why she had become a bully, and now, when she played quidditch, people feared her too much so she won. This was an unhealthy cycle for a power-craving teenager to be stuck in. But what could she do??

As she watched, Danielle surveyed her younger sister and her response. It was a fair enough point, and Danielle was pleased that at least now Dorothy was taking her advice. Before she had to learn the hard way at school. No, that wouldn't be good for the family name and reputation. Without Danielle and her experience, Dorothy could seriously let the family down and before Danielle could know it, they could lose the reputation that had taken Danielle and Danton years to build. And as for the family reputation out of school, that was another matter entirely. "So am i. But watch it. Don't take it for granted. It is a privilege, to be so high up and respected in the wizarding world and one mistake could bring the family crashing down." She lectured, planning on giving her sister her whole talk now. But, something inside stopped her and she smiled at the younger girl, wondering whether the words she was saying would mark the younger girl as they had when Danielle had been her age.

Shrugging again, she also wondered why Dakota was acting so weird and strange. "I hope not. But you know her, she won't listen to the rest of us. No, she's blotted out with herself and drinks. There isn't anything we can do for her unless... we get Donavon to do something. But what?" She asked, leaving the question open for suggestions. This had been a problem on Danielle's mind. What to do about her older sister. Knowing that she had no power over her, Danielle would have to work her best to solve the issue in front of her. "They might be. But they won't tell us will they." She dismissed, not wanting another mad idea swarming her over-worked brain. No, she didn't need that now bothering her. "Well i don't like Dancel either." She finished, wanting her younger sister to know what sort of people she was playing with. "And don't mention that you don't like him to Danton. I would hate to see you dead. Then i would have no one." She added, her tone blank and emotionless as she threw in the extra word of advice for the younger girl.

Listening to Danielle talking was odd and a rare opportunity, Dorothy never listened to anyone. And right now she was listening, yet she was getting bored of it. And she was heated up because of her sister who could ruin the family's reputation. "Well tell that to Dakota! I'm sure she'll need to know more about this more than me. So stop telling me all of these cr@p! I'm not that stupid Dani! I know what to do" As a little child Dorothy didn't care about what other people felt, what she wanted to do was to talk back, that was it. Actually, she didn't know much about the outside world since all these days she had been under her sibling's protection, but she acted like she knew, like she was a grown up, but actually she was still far from it. She wasn't even in school, but she acted like she was one of the meanest student in school.

Of course Dorothy was potential to be like the rest of her siblings but she was acting like the boss of the manor while really is she was the youngest and this was usually the main reason why they fight. "You don't like Dancel because you don't know him! Well I've seen how Danton act, he tried to stop me from attacking Devlin. Oh please, I don't listen to anyone if I don't like it, and he was acting like father which is pretty sickening, knowing that Donavon is too acting like one. I don't have to stick around two brothers who act like the boss of everyone" What she said was true but of course she was exaggerating, her tone rose because Danielle said that she dislike her twin. And Dorothy had to disagree, she didn't like it when people talk about her twin like that. But again, she was just a child, what did she know? Nothing... Danielle should know about everything much more than Dorothy even though Dorothy acted as if she knew so much more than Danielle or even Dakota and Donavon.

Danielle sighed and stopped talking, knowing that she would just ruin the fragile relationship that her and Dorothy had built up. "I would try but she's too obsessed with bl00dy alcohol." She added, wondering why no one would sort out the b!tch of the family. The one ruining the family's reputation. If Danielle was older than her, she would have already been sorted out, but Donavon refused to do anything and he was the only hope left now. Rolling her eyes at her younger sister, she wondered how on earth this little one would cope at school one day. After all, she wasn't aware of the world's ways and she could easily get hurt within days of being left alone. No, if Dorothy wouldn't accept her help, Danielle would just have to help from a distance. Without Dorothy knowing who it was. After all, Danielle wasn't doing it for Dorothy's sake, but for the sake of the family. Or at least that was what she told herself.

Shrugging again at the mention of Dancel, Danielle rolled her eyes for a second time. "Who does know him other than you? No one does. He's too quiet and doesn't act like a Howard. No. No he doesn't." She said, realising that she wished she hadn't provoked the problem further. But what could she do now the words were out. Nothing except fight it out. That was the only option left. "Danton stopped you attacking Devlin because he knew you would get more hurt. Yeh i know, but they are boys and they feel the need to. We're stronger though and although they don't realise it yet, we will one day have them under our control." Danielle started, making sure that she changed the frequent 'i's for 'we' so that Dorothy wouldn't get suspicious of her latest power plan. "You don't have to do anything. No one bosses a Howard around." She added, making another sly interjection of the previous comments about not knowing much about the world. Her little sister didn't know much and Danielle would have to educate her. Well, she wouldn't take it plainly, so now it made Danielle's job to interject it slyly into the conversation.

Hearing the world alcohol, Dorothy was heated up. Yes she was mad at her older sister who was about to ruin the family's reputation. What would happen to her in school if she ruined it? Dorothy would probably be in the bottom of the social status and she didn't want that, oh no. Everyone had to shiver when they saw Dorothy on the corridor, she wanted them to flee away, and cry, begging for forgiveness just like the stories that she heard from ALL of her older siblings about them in school and their reputation in school. Dorothy was potential and she would grow up just like them. Bullies, yes the worst one. "I don't get it why Donavon isn't killing her or at least abandon her" She said wondering why.

Again, Dorothy was offended when Danielle started commenting on Dancel. Who was she judging her twin brother? She knew nothing about him and she should have shut up, the little girl thought as she gave her sister a death glare. "Don't you talk about Dancel like that! His blo0dy wise and everyone know that he's one of the wisest, so much wiser than his age. You and your twin just don't care about Dancel that much that's why you don't know him as much as me" She said as she kicked her sister and backed off, still glaring at her. The little child was mad, she was short tempered, and what Danielle said was half true, he was too quiet but he did acted like a Howard.

The Howards all shared the same way of thinking that was why Danielle said no one bossed them around. "And if they do then they're dead. BUT if one of us ruin the reputation then we're all doomed. And we shall kill whoever she or he is." She paused as she started to think about her siblings one by one. "Although it sounds more like a she than a he" She said referring to the alcoholic sister. Where was she anyway? Was she acting oddly because she was drunk? Or she had permanently changed into a girl like that? Hopefully it was the side effect of the alcohol.

Nodding her head in agreement, Danielle decided that something had to be done. So now, the person responsible for ruining the family's reputation was Donavon. He was the only person in enough power to stop Dakota drinking. But, if he wouldn't try, then there was nothing that the rest of them could do other than watch the famous family slowly drip down the drain to the bottom of the social status. And what would happen at school?! Danielle would be shunned to the side like the kids were for her when she was walking down the corridors. At the moment, it was like the fish parting for the red sea. Danielle still wanted - no needed - that special fear to run the school her way. There were even the occasional older students who feared her and her reputation. What would happen if that went? "Something has to be done. Someone needs to talk to him about it." She added, realising that sooner or later this would turn into a chain of people. But, if it ever reached Danielle, she would stop it there. No, this was her opportunity to save the family name and she wouldn't give it away, not for anything.

Rolling her eyes at the mention of the beloved Dancel again she shrugged, wondering whether she should keep the conversation going or whether she should just leave it. "Really." She commented, her voice dripping with sarcasm and boredom. But, better to let Dorothy wail it all out now rather than later with other people. Rubbing her shin where the little brat had kicked her, she narrowed her eyes at her. "Watch yourself Dorothy. Or you'll be out of here before you know it." She said, throwing a pillow at the younger and stressed out kid. If there was one thing that Danielle wasn't, that was violent. Perhaps it was because she was the eldest and always had a say in things, or the fact that her twin was the most violent in the house. Whatever it was, Danielle had never been violent. Well, not physically at least. No, Danielle resorted to violence by words. Saying mean things to people and leaving them in a pit of self-sorry and upset. Then, Danielle would stand there, bored, as Danton would finish them up, throwing a punch or two and a kick to get his feelings across. That was probably why people feared Danielle a lot. The twins did everything together and they didn't stop for anyone. No, if someone upset Danielle or tried to, Danton would be at her fingertips, throwing a punch or kick to defend the family's honour and Danielle's pride. Really, without Danton, Danielle would be as vulnerable as everyone else. The only time in her life where Danielle would resort to violence was violence by magic. The occasional spell or curse or hex to put her point across. But nothing more.

Danielle nodded at her younger sister's final statement. Actually, it surprised her a little that her younger sister could be so wise. So well prepared for the world. Well, in some ways. Putting this down to her own teaching, Danielle smiled to herself. The truth was that Danielle hadn't really taught Dorothy much of that, but it made Danielle feel appreciated to imagine that she had. "Like i said, something has to be done about Dakota. And soon." She repeated, putting her point across as best she could. It was true though, something did have to happen. And this brought them back to their previous conversation. What to do about Dakota?

(OOC: Sorry for the huge post :p )

Thinking about Dorothy's older siblings made her crazy. "Guess what genius, HE is never home. So how the h3ll are you telling him?" If Dorothy woke up and saw Donavon at home, then she was lucky. He came home probably twice a month and sometimes rarer than that. And why would he even bother with his younger siblings businesses? Usually he would end up losing his temper and made Dorothy as the target since she was the one who would yell and scream like a maniac to his siblings not caring if they were distracted or even annoyed by her or not. She did what she wanted and she wont let anyone stop her from what she want, not even Devlin or Dancel or even her own parents.

Was Danielle threatening? At this point Dorothy was offended, she did what she liked and she wont let her from stopping her doing whatever she wanted. "Shut up, it's not like I don't have my own room. I even have my own library! And I don't mind leaving this room at all!" It was true that Dorothy had a huge room but Danielle's room was huge as well. In fact, each room was big, none of them was small. But she was just exaggerating. "Just because you're older than me doesn't mean you can boss me around. NO ONE can tell me what to do, not even you or Danton or Devlin, Dakota or even Donavon" She said glaring at her sister giving her a death glare. Sure she was rude but then again no one taught her how to act nice to other people, she taught herself to attack other people due to protect herself or even just for fun. She didn't know how to love other people or treat them nicely.

((Sorry I can't keep up.. Writer's block =_= ))

(OOC: Thats fine :) Im surprised that i can write so much, but i feel like i really know Danielle :p )

Sighing, Danielle closed her eyes as she lay back on her pillows. "Ill tell him when he's next around. See, this is why we have such a bad family. Donavon is never around, Dakota is a $ucking alcoholic, everyone is always screaming and there is never any peace!" She sighed again, trying to get her point across but not feeling that she was doing such a good job of it. Danielle really didn't find her family relaxing, but to think about it in depth made her realise that she actually had an okish family. But then again, in her mind, anything was better than being a mud-blood. So, as she lay there she sighed again, feeling lost. Their parents did a rubbish job for them and there was no one for Danielle to turn to anymore. No one. And that made her feel alone, like no one cared. Like no one even noticed that it was all too much for her.... but she must be strong. Strong for her family and at the end of the time, Danielle would be the one to bring them out of trouble, she would rescue them and then they would listen to her.

As the dreams flooded her again, she rolled her eyes at her younger sister, trying to work out where it had all gone wrong. Danielle had had to learn that she didn't always get things her way and that one day though, she would. So why didn't Dorothy understand this? Danielle could never remember being so violent. Ok, so she had been beyond rude, but she had grown out of that and into a smart girl who used words to get at people. Dorothy on the other hand didn't really know general manners and for this reason she would therefore find it harder to fit into a school properly. "Dorothy calm down! Honestly! Go slower! Be nice for once, im not your enemy!" She said, sitting up again and looking at her younger sister. A wave of sadness came upon Danielle as she thought about how self taught everything she knew was. For goodness sake, she was even teaching herself her own school work now. Why?! Why did it sink to this? Another sigh escaped her lips and she looked at her sister, despairing and wondering what to do.

It seemed that both Dorothy and Danielle were sick of their family who were never around. But at least they got each other, even though Dakota was an alcoholic they still had each other, even though Donavon was never home they still had each other. "You can always owl him" She suggested, the family own tons of owls and Dorothy had no idea why they had so many while they don't need that much. Probably it was for her father's assistants? Well since they were a big family they needed them. "Father said they're coming home next week" The plan could be canceled anytime but it seemed that he wasn't lying. Both of their parents were at last coming back home even though it was only for several days. But as a child, Dorothy was glad that she could have both of her parents home but she was definitely not sure with her older siblings. They all might hold grudge to the parents of theirs and soon Dorothy would share the same way of thinking as well.

For the first time in her life Dorothy felt a conncetion between Danielle and her. They hadn't been together that much but they always protect each other. No matter what happened, they were always there even though sometimes they fought really bad. "What if I don't get along in school? What I turned out to be bullied?" As a ten years old little girl, Dorothy was still afraid of the outside world and she now was asking for a protection from her older siblings. And since the Hubertas were there, Dorothy wont be able to survive in the school alone, at least that was what she thought. "Why can't I be homeschooled?" She said, ignoring what Danielle said about her being her enemy. The only way to protect herself was to be violent, because most of her older siblings were violent and she was attacked many times. So if she couldn't fight back, she would be dead.

((OOC: thats a good thing ryt? xD :p ))

(OOC: Yeh it is ;) It means i have ideas to write about :p )

Shrugging at the suggestion she smiled half-heartedly. "Yeh, like that would actually reach him." She rolled her eyes, thinking of the issues of the suggestion. "Or as if he would reply. I bet, even if he got the owl, he wouldn't reply and come and sort it out." She moaned, realising for the first time what a hopeless situation she was stuck in. And, for the first time, it seemed that Dorothy understood her and was able to agree with the issue. At least someone was behind her. Thinking more about it, Danton would agree probably and so would Dancel if Dorothy could get him to. So, if it came to a family vote, they would have a chance. But again, that was unlikely. No one in her family bothered to think rationally about these things until it was too late. "Of course he said that, but will he really?" She asked, voicing her fears for a rare occasion. She knew that it would possibly be cancelled again and then they would be stuck again, another broken promise. By now, Danielle had stacks of the things around her mind, and one day she would voice them to everyone. It would take a long time, but she knew that it would be worth it.

A rare thing happened as Dorothy began to speak. Danielle, sitting on the bed, felt a wave of sadness for her younger sister. Putting an awkward arm around her sister quickly, she then sat back down, arms by her side. "Don't worry Dorothy. You won't be bullied. And if you are, then we - Danton and I - will have something to say about it. No one and i mean no one gets away with bullying a Howard. Learn that now and it will take you far. What exactly are you worried about?" She asked, her tone one of care for once, her words speaking out concern for her younger sister as she thought of one of her family being bullied. The thought made her feel sick to the bone. "You can't be home-schooled, because there is no one to home school you. And also, don't you want to make a mark on the world?" She asked, her tone back to normal as she narrowed her eyes slightly.

What Danielle said about Donavon was true, Dorothy couldn't agree more. She had been trying to contact him but he never reply unless it was anything urgent. It seemed that he didn't care about the owl that she had been trying to send. "Soon Devlin will be able to use magic... Oh wait... I can't rely on him, him and I never get along so forget about him" She was going to tell Danielle that they could always ask Devlin to do what Donavon didn't do but then again they had no idea what Devlin would do later when he was on his legal age. He probably would end up like Donavon, leaving the family behind. But of course the Howards worked together no matter what happen, they got each other's back anytime. Only the parents were never there and actually Dorothy was a little sad that the plan of theirs could be cancelled anytime just like what Danielle said. "If I can persuade Dakota to find Donavon or contact him then we'll be able to talk to him. She's the only one who can apparate at the moment" She said shrugging feeling a little disappointed.

As for Danton, Dorothy wasn't sure of him. She hadn't had time to talk to him too much because he was the contrast of Dorothy. Dorothy was a brat, she talk too much without thinking and did some dangerous actions that might cause her in trouble but Danton and Dancel were different, they were so much wiser than Dorothy only Dancel was a little different than Danton. Of course, Danton was experienced and Dancel was inexperienced. Both Dorothy and Dancel had no idea what school was like, they had never been to one. "I'll manage to make them bow at me eventually. And if I don't then we'll make them" When it came to keeping the family's reputation, the family were up to it. Even Devlin would work together with the brat, Dorothy when it came to a serious matter.

(OOC: Sorry for the late reply, i didn't have the muse to reply on the day i read it and then i kind of forgot :jesse: :r )

Thinking about her older brother Devlin, made Danielle frown. She hadn't ever had a strong relationship with him but they hadn't ever really fought before. "I could try and talk to Devlin. I never really fought with him like you did." She suggested, seeing their bank of ideas slowly dying. Sighing at the annoying prospect, she rolled her eyes at the next suggestion made. "I think its pointless to ask Dakota, because she will want to know why we need him, and even if we lie, once she finds out, she won't help us again." Shrugging now and sighing at the problem before them, "To be plain, we are back to square one." Groaning the acknowledgement of this defeat, she rolled onto her front. "We might as well wait until im of age now. And who knows how far Dakota could have gone by then." She moaned, finding it good to tell her sister her worries because they were sharing them.

The next conversation came as a shock to Danielle, she had been absorbed in what to do with Dakota and had to take a moment to rethink about what they were discussing. Listening to her sisters talk, Danielle took a wild guess as to what was going through her head. Smirking at the younger girl, she shrugged in a resigning way. "Whatever you say, but you will be coming running to me one day sis." She laughed, turning now so that she was on her back, facing the ceiling. "And when you do, make sure that you catch me in a generous mood." She added, deciding to give her younger and arrogant sister this small piece of advice for now so that she could at least start with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back