Closed What Do You Want?

Samantha Jacobs

55' grad 🎓 | biggest heart ❤️ olivander's asst.

OOC First Name
Maria
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
ren
Wand
Fir Wand 14 1/8" Essence Of Sphinx Remains
Samantha talked to Ren outside of the entrance of the student lounge for a little bit before waving goodbye and entering the lounge. She had told him that she was going to the student lounge to do some studies of some sort. She thought a change in scenery of doing study was a good thing, and that it could maybe give her a chance to do something in the student lounge for a while or something. Once Samantha had entered, she took a seat on one of the couches that were provided in the lounge. She took out the textbooks she had with her and began to do her homework and study for a little bit. She had felt that there were a pair of eyes staring behind her head or something, but Samantha ignored it.

@Sydney Townsend

Last edited:
The situation with Samantha was, frankly, ridiculous. Sydney had spent the whole holiday break stewing over how unfair it all was. She had been trying to look out for Samantha and everyone had acted as if she'd done something wrong. Ren was too stupid and boring for Samantha to waste her time with, and yet he was the one she was actually talking to now that the new year had started.

Sydney had been leaving the library when she spotted them talking, her feet propelling her forward before she'd had time to even think. Ren had already left by the time she'd reached the lounge, but Sam was there, and Sydney stilled at the doorway. She'd been wanting to give Samantha a piece of her mind for three months now, and all the words wanted to jump forward at once, leaving her standing there as she tried to will herself forward. This was childish, she told herself, stepping forward and clearing her throat pointed as she reached Sam. "So, I see you're still spending time with that waste of space," Sydney said sharply, crossing her arms and looking pointed at the hallway where she'd seen Samantha and Ren talking. "Guess he finally bought enough junk to win you over."

Samantha jumps a little when she hears a voice. And she figured out who it was. She was slightly hoping that she wouldn't hear that voice for a while longer, but the gods above didn't meet those wishes just yet. "Hello to you too Sydney. Why do you care? Do you have a problem?" Samantha says quietly, as she pulled her short hair behind her ears, as she was not looking up from her textbook, where she had been currently reading one of her pages for her homework. Samantha rolled her eyes sightly as Sydney made a comment about Ren's gifts. This is what she absolutely wanted to avoid.

Sydney felt something sharp twist in her gut at Samantha's dismissive response. Some part of her had been sure the holiday break would give Samantha enough time to see that Sydney had just been looking out for her, that Ren was a waste of her time and that Sydney was more important. But when no grateful apology came forward, Sydney knew that had just been wishful thinking. "Yeah I have a problem," She said hotly, crossing her arms defensively. "Here I was thinking our friendship was more important than some idiot boy, but I guess not. It's fine, I see where your priorities lie now," She hissed, not quite able to control the volume of her voice even as she fought to keep her face impassive. Sydney had been surprised at how much Samantha choosing Ren had hurt. She never would have thought Samantha would choose to someone like Ren, and it just kept stinging all the more being back at school and seeing them together. "I guess the two are perfect for each other then. Together in- In stupidity," She said, annoyed that she could think of anything snappier to say. She wanted Samantha to look as upset as she felt about it, but Sydney could never get the words right around Samantha.

Samantha's eyebrows furrow slightly. "Excuse me?" Samantha says with slight shock and hurt, as she finally looks up at Sydney. She had wasn't expecting Sydney to say those words. "What do you mean? Of course, our friendship is important." Samantha replies with a little sadness and a bit quieter, as she looked down and fiddled with the pendant of the necklace she was wearing. Of course, Samantha thought their friendship was important. She would do anything for her friends, especially for Sydney. "If you didn't want to me to hang out or spend time with Ren, why didn't you just tell me, instead of just hiding his, in your words, junk, which isn't by the way," Samantha says with slight sadness and a bit of anger. She wasn't raising her voice though, she didn't feel like doing so. She had so many feeling inside of her happening at the moment, she couldn't identify what feeling she was feeling at the moment. If Sydney had spoken about how she felt about Ren, maybe, just maybe, they wouldn't be in this mess. Her eyebrows furrowed with more confusion as she was trying to figure out what Sydney was trying to say about her and Ren's relationship.

Sydney scoffed at Samantha's response, rolling her eyes. "Oh yeah, of course. So important that you picked some dumb boy over me," She said, having to chew the inside of her cheek to stop herself as Samantha continued. "I shouldn't have to tell you not to waste your time with morons like that," She said, tightening her arms where they were crossed in front of her like a protective shield. It wasn't her job to baby Samantha with things like this. She should have known that Sydney was clearly more important. If it had been her, she wouldn't have put anyone else before Samantha and it was insulting that she couldn't see that. "What do you two even have in common? Does he even know you? Or does he just keep throwing money at you until you eventually like him." Sydney rolled her eyes again, frustrated that Samantha was so dense about all this. This was why it was pointless getting close to other people. They clearly just didn't get stuff like this and Sydney didn't have time to spell everything out for them. Maybe it was better this way, at least she knew now that Samantha wasn't worth her time either, since Sydney clearly hadn't been good enough for her.

Samantha was... confused and just upset. She didn't want to hurt Sydney's feelings, but at the same time, Samantha was just mad inside, as Sydney was the one who had been hiding the gifts that Ren was trying to give her as well as trying to get into the middle of things between her and Ren, and Samantha didn't know why. "I'm sorry that I hurt your feelings. I-I didn't mean for that. But you hurt my feelings too, Sydney" Samantha says quietly, as she gave Sydney a sincere apology, her voice was slightly shaken up too. She thought about the day back in their Fourth year where Ren had come into the library, and everything was unfolding. Her eyes widened in surprise when Sydney had mentioned about how she shouldn't have to tell Sam who to not waste time with, especially when she said the word 'moron'. Maybe Sydney was right, she probably didn't need to tell Samantha about who or who she shouldn't hang out with, but a little bit of input would've been nice. That's what friends or most friends do right? Were we even friends? Samantha thought. Samantha was just getting more confused and frustrated with the situation as Sydney went on. She went quiet as Sydney had mentioned if Ren and Sam had anything in common. "I-" Samantha says quietly. Her head was just filled with dark clouds and the whole situation right now had just overwhelmed Samantha. She wanted to run away from this situation, but she just couldn't.

Sydney scoffed at Samantha's response, annoyed that her heart twisted uncomfortably at the tremor in Samantha's voice. Part of her wanted to cave, Samantha was apologizing, she'd admitted she'd hurt Sydney. But Samantha was still seeing Ren, had probably spent the whole break hanging out with him. Sydney had been made second hat to someone like that and she couldn't stomach it. "Yeah, well, I only hurt your feelings because you were being stupid," She said, scrubbing angrily at her face. "Come find me if you ever get better taste in friends," She managed, giving Samantha one last look before stalking out of the room to head down to the dungeons. It was tempting to go straight back down to her dorm, but Sydney decided she needed to hit up the duelling chamber and clear her head of all these complicated feelings.

[Ahhhh sorry I left this so long :x]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back