Linnux Majors

Chaser for Ballycastle Bats // Dork

Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Linnux Majors had never had so much fun on a break as what he did this past Christmas. His family had done dinner, he'd seen his best friend and even met his girlfriend. It shocked Linnux to discover the blonde he was dating was indeed pretty, and now that he was in his right mind he thought perhaps he should ask if she had any siblings that were available. Not to mention he had a little photo he was going to be sure to post up somewhere. he'd skipped his first day back to classes to find the perfect place to hang it, and had purposely avoiding Chaser, and hadn't said two words to the boy since returning to his school. He wasn't going to until his plan was in action. Linnux snuck his way back into the dorms, knowing that Chaser would be in class at that point in time. Once he knew he was alone he took the picture, and posted it right on the wall across from three of the beds. It was now time for Linnux to wait, to see how his best bud would react. Frankly it would be interesting to see the reactions of others, who often thought he and Chaser were weird or abnormal.

Chaser had mixed feelings about what had occurred over the recent Christmas break. While he'd been overjoyed to have spent more time with the three loves of his life, there had been a couple of elements that had been a little less than pleasant. After trying to put those thoughts behind him as he began a new semester, he was already feeling as though he was done with his classes by the end of the first day. He'd never particularly been an academic student, and the additional struggles that accompanied their fifth year lessons made it even more tricky. There was a knot in the boys stomach upon realising that Linnux was no where to be seen during their class, although not because he worried that he was unwell, but because no Linnux was always a bad sign that he was up to something.

Once the lessons were over, he'd fled through the school in search of his best buddy, making his way up through the floors until he reached the Gryffindor dorms. Chaser was relieved to see him as he walked between the beds, flopping down to sit on the side of bed, his eyes glancing round the room from the beds, a picture, his friend and his bag that lay on the floor for times of emergency. Chaser's head suddenly shot up again as he realised what he'd seen, and his eyes flickered between the image and his friend as he sat motionless with a glazed expression on his face for a moment like a freshly baked donut. "Huh.." was the sound that emerged from his mouth as he continued to glance between them. So that's what he'd been doing. Calmly, Chaser pretended to act as though it was the most expected thing in the world as he stood up to begin tidying his bunk, carefully placing items back on his shelf and folding away the clothes that lay at the end of his bed. Lastly he picked up his bag, tucking away a few books in it before zipping it securely, and throwing it as hard as he could in his best friends direction.

Linnux saw Chaser approaching and he couldn't help the grin that appeared on his face. He was eager for a reaction and giddily his eyes followed his best friend's as he noticed the image of him and his grilfriend in a snogging session. Linnux was ready to burst out laughing, but everything subsided when chaser didn't even react. No blush, no panic, no nothing. Linnux stood up straight, confused. Had something happened between him and the girl? Was he going to cry? Linnux needed to fix this. "Hey..." He started to correct what he'd done, but Chaser turned and threw a bag at him too fast to catch it. It knocked the boy back and he almost lost his balance, only keeling over finally when he began laughing.

"Welcome back!" He said, before he finally truly laid eyes on his best friend. "What the hell happened to you?" He asked, suddenly taking notice of all of the red marks all over his neck, collarbones, a few on his shoulder. Was their one on his jaw? Linnux stood up. "Dude, did you catch something I should be concerned about? Like ringworm, holy crap mate. Did Mini give it to you or something?' He asked, now slightly alarmed, having never seen such a thing.

Chaser grinned at his friend as the bag of his books took him out, but quickly picked up a sweater to throw over his vest top at the sudden mention of his skin. He'd managed to get away with it during the day, wearing his robes to his lessons, but upon approaching the dorms he didn't feel as though it was necessary but perhaps he'd been wrong in his assumptions when he noted the shock on Linnux's face. Tugging the fabric over his shoulders, his fluffy mop of hair poking out before his head followed, he lept up onto his bed, staring at his friend. He never would forgive him for being so tall. "Yeah she did," Chaser replied with a wink, although it wasn't quite as serious at Linnux was making out. "Don't get too close or you'll get it too." he said, thinking it was the perfect opportunity for him to avoid his feet for at least the next week if he played his cards right. The blush in Chaser's cheeks was going to give away his true feelings if he didn't do something quickly to distract him though, "Needed to keep it for the proof right?" he asked, nodding to the photo with a large smile on his face, proud that the moment was captured for all to see, not that he'd be keeping it up there for everyone for too long.

Linnux tossed the bag over to his friends bedside, and then made his way a little closer, watching Chaser's cheeks turn red. It didn't seem like it a was a disease if he was so proud of it. For a moment Linnux wracked his brain before realizing what exactly could have caused those red marks all over his friends neck. It wasn't as if he'd experienced snogging, or anything close, but he was sure by the look on Chaser's face, the wink he gave to him, and some article he'd read about someone dying after receiving a hickey, he knew what those were. "Mate are your parent snot angry? How'd you get away with those?" He asked, before addressing the photo, more stunned than anything. His mother and father would have locked him up till he was twenty five. His surprise turned to a smirk and he nodded. "Heck yeah, my little fluff ball is growing up and hooking up with cute older girls." He replied. "I want everyone to know she's not just an imaginary friend, though I can't suppose they'll think so when they see your neck. We should send a picture to Ami and see what she thinks." He winked at his friend. "Oh also, I know it's quite late but I was gonna give you your gift." He looked over nonchalantly. "Though after being pelted by books maybe you don't need it."

"Whether or snot my parents noticed, they didn't say anything." Chaser had only spent a couple of days back in South Korea over the break, and even though he'd seen Maggie during that time more frequently he'd managed to wear suitable clothing to cover it up. Chaser pulled his friend closer to him as he moved, beginning to play with his hair, making it stand up on end although it was no where near as fun as doing it to himself. "Yeah older girls who know how to punch you in the face," he grinned as he stared at the spot Mini had managed to attack, not that he didn't think he didn't deserve it. "Oh you got me a gift?" he asked inquisitively, "Dude I'm so sorry, I thought my presence would be enough for you so I didn't get you anything," he smirked, although in all honesty he'd managed to pick something up while in Brightstone while he was there, although he didn't plan on mentioning it had actually been Maggie that had chosen it. "Okay okay get comfortable," he added, sitting down on top of his red duvet cover, leaning down to fish out a small package from his chest of drawers before patting the space in front of him for some bonding time.

Linnux rolled his eyes, hearing the subtle gap in words to tease the way he had said his own. Chaser was playful though, his always joking manner kept things easy for the friendship. "Not the hair man!" He pulled away, batting at the section standing straight up. "And besides all that she caught me off guard. She's got bony little knuckles..." Linnux rubbed the spot on his face, and when he finally quit musing he laughed at Chaser's reaction. It was obvious he had lied when he said he didn't get him a gift. He smiled and moved over to his own bed and reached underneath, grabbing a small box. He moved over and tossed the box to his friend. It wasn't anything spectacular, just a sweater folded to its max. Shoved into a small box. He knew his friend but knowing what to get him was different. The grey sweater would hopefully be something he'd wear. But with the cute quote on it how could he turn it down. "Hey she over being mad at me or should I wear a face guard next time I tag along?" He asked, assuming he could come along.

Chaser loved nothing more than to tease his best friend and this had been no exception. "Yeah and you more than deserved it," he said with a sly smile, knowing that it had been because of him that Mini had punched him, and that as long as he had her by his side he thought they made a pretty good team. He'd not expected her to lash out in the way that she had, and while it had been hilarious to watch Linnux get clobbered, a part of him had fallen in love even more with the Ravenclaw. As Chaser had sat down on his bed, he caught the package in both hands, ripping open the box to reveal a sweater. He unravelled it, holding it up to peer at the text as another smaller package fell in his lap, and he glanced up to his buddy, "Oh mate you know me too well. Though I think you need to sign it so everyone knows it's from you," he added, feeling proud to have him. Taking the gift he'd gotten for this friend, he threw the small package for him to open, hoping that he'd find it amusing if nothing else. Chaser shrugged at his last question though, "Knowing you it would probably be best if you never took it off," he said semi seriously, not trusting a word that came out of the Gryffindors mouth, pausing for a moment to consider whether to even ask what was on his mind. Linnux had known him since the very beginning of their time at Hogwarts, and while he was just as strange and abnormal as he was, that was what allowed them to get on so well. That being said, he didn't want him thinking he was changing because of this girl, "What er, what did you think of her though? Asides from the punch which we all know was amazing," he finished, leaning his elbows on his thighs he looked at Linnux hoping for a partially serious answer from the joker.

Linnux laughed, he couldn't help but disagree, he'd only been greeting his Man Crush Monday - it wasn't his fault that she'd taken it too seriously and decided to haul off on him. The brunette adjusted his hair a bit more, watching the double gift fall out. "Of course I know you, if you're anything like me that is." He said, giving him a wink and a nudge. The sweater fit him too well to pass up. Linnux grabbed his own gift, half expecting it to be a small, living doxie that would torture him for all eternity, and was pleasantly surprised to find something for his so-called smelly feet. Linnux couldn't contain himself at that point, realizing this was pay back for needing help to remove the red leather boots he'd worn to the Yule Ball. Or maybe it was for hiding the boots under his bed. Regardless the gift was great and he couldn't help but hug his friend around the neck, tightly. Once he let go he laughed more. "Yeah? So she doesn't have to be jealous of my chiseled features?" He asked, posing with his hand on his chin. Everything changed in a second from the joking air around them to a more serious tone though. Linnux gave a crooked grin to his friend. "What did I think of her. First of all legs for days in those shorts, she's bloody bangin' mate. Honestly didn't expect that, thought she might be part Veela because of how beautiful she was. Seriously if you don't keep her maybe I'll look her up." Linnux gave a playful wink. he wasn't fully serious, although he didn't the thought of having at least one girl to call his before he was 80 years old, and the most handsome man in the retirement home.

Chaser made himself comfortable on top of his sheets as he watched Linnux open his gift, leaning back against the pillows with his arms crossed over his chest wearing his new sweater. He laughed a little at his friends reaction, but remained slightly nervous of what he was going to say about his girlfriend. Chaser had done everything he could to make sure he hadn't let out any important details between the time they'd met and the time Linnux had found them, and now that they were out in the open at least to the Gryffindor, Chaser was holding on the vague sense of naivety which he was unaccustomed to experiencing. Linnux's response did nothing to lift his anxieties however as he cheekily replied to his question, Chaser's foot quickly finding it's way into his friends armpit as he referred to Aminia as though she nothing more than her looks. "She is a part Veela," he found himself admitting, putting himself forever more on the line to a friend he could be honest to, "That doesn't mean she'll ever be interested in you though," he laughed with a smile, although it was more gentle than before. Chaser had always been loud and unruly but there was a new part of him waking up now that Mini was in his life, a scary new part of his life that made him glance away from Linnux to try and conceal it. "You need to find yourself a girl mate," he said, trying to change the tables onto him, hoping that one day if Linnux got a girlfriend he'd be able to tease him even harder.

Linnux laughed, the air in the room comfortable regardless of the subject. They could have been talking astrophysics, whatever that was, and Chaser would have made it comical and interesting. Linnux picked him for that reason, and now he was like a little robin with flonfy feathers leaving the nest. it made him proud, not that he taught him anything about girls. Linnux smacked away Chaser's foot before grinning madly. "Man you lucked out." He chuckled, listening to what he said. Finally Linnux settled from a grin to an easy going smile. He looked at the image that hung and back at his best friend, the question on his mind since Chaser had started talking about this girl. After all, They'd been together over a month now, would Chaser be honest with him about his feelings. "Chaser." he addressed him, leaning against the opposite end of the bed frame, legs criss-crossed and arms crossed over his chest as well. "You think you're gonna fall in love with her?" He asked. he needed to know how seri us Chaser was about this in order to be the best friend he could be.

Chaser's eyes flickered up as his friend said his name. He never used his full name and it worried him. He was a little shocked to hear his question, one that he'd barely asked himself in case he realised he was falling harder for Aminia that he wanted to admit right now. They'd barely been together very long at all, and the idea that she meant a lot to him made him nervous, especially after their chat in Brightstone. What if he fell in love with her and he ended up getting hurt. Wasn't it inevitable? How likely was it that anyone got together at their age and remained together for the rest of their lives. The prospect of their future made him uneasy and he would have much rather have just focused on the present day where he could enjoy the time they had as it came. He was about to tell his friend his thoughts on the matter when he heard voices, and glancing up to the doorway of their dormitory he spotted two others of their dorm mates enter the room, and quickly Chaser felt the need to change the subject. He relaxed a little knowing he could delay the question posed by his best friend, although no sooner as he'd done so did he recall something he was meant to do. He swore under his breath, climbing across the bed to tug at the photo on the wall before anyone else had a chance to spot it.

There was too much silence between Chaser and Linnux, for Lin to feel anywhere near comfortable. The teen wondered if it was a dumb question to ask, but he didn't know how love worked. His parents said it was love at first sight, and Pippa told him already that she was in love with some boy - which Lin was sure was puppy love but it was an emotion all the same. When it seemed Linnux was about to answer there were voices in the halls, d@mn the timing. As Chaser moved to rip off the photo Linnux couldn't help but smack his hand away. It wasn't enough though as Chaser managed to grab it. It wouldn't be long before people realized it, after all he couldn't wear long sleeves all the time. Not with Linnux cutting off all the sleeves now. With a chuckle he smacked his best mate on the back. Young love, wasn't it cute?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back