Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Curly Oak/Wenge 16" Essence of Feng-huang Tail Feather
</SIZE>
<SIZE size="150">WereDeer of Santa's Village
<i>
</i>

Please do not sign up to play this game if you won't be active on the board during play.

This is a forum variation of the popular table/party game "Werewolf" (or "Mafia", "Assassin", etc.).

The Story:
Players are santa's elves: busy about their work for the holiday season when tragedy strikes. It seems there is a weredeer loose in their village, and every night another elf is mauled! The elves must unite, weed out the weredeer, and put it on the naughty list before any more of their comrades go missing.
The elves play to put the weredeer on the naughty list.
The weredeer play to decimate the elves (they seem to have lost all love of the holidays! D: ).
Who will win in this epic struggle?

How We'll Play:
Signups will begin immediately and close once we have enough people to play or sometime next week :tut: .
Once signups are closed, every player will be sent a PM with their role in the game and, if needed, instructions on how to play their role.
There are two phases during play.
Day Phase:
During the day, players talk and discuss suspicions as well as vote for who they want to put on the naughty list that day - and thereby exile them from Santa's Village. The player who most of the players vote as 'naughty' is exiled; never to enjoy this festive season again. Exiled players cannot talk during the day. You're allowed to lie all you want (but what kind of elf lies?!), though no player may at any time "prove" their role by sharing the personal message sent to them. It's all in how you talk.
Night Phase:
Everybody goes to sleep - except certain players who go about business at night. Nobody should talk in the topic during night phase.

What are the roles?!
[ul][li]Weredeer - You are the enemy in the game. Each night, you are allowed to kill one player. (I will forbid you from killing another deer.) During the day you must blend in with the villagers in order to survive to the end of the game.</LI>
[li]Santa Clause! - You are a villager with a very special power. Each night, you are allowed to see if one player is naughty or nice. This can be a very helpful tool as you can see.</LI>
[li]Head Elf - You are a villager with a very special power. Each night, you are allowed to guard one player from the weredeer. If the deer attack the guarded player, the attack will not occur. However, if you guard the deer, the deer will kill you instead of the target.
[li]Mrs. Clause - You are a villager with a not-so-special power. You are "automatically guarded" each night--you cannot be killed by the weredeer, regardless of whether a head-elf guards you.
[li]Grinch - You are a villager with no special powers whatsoever. You don't know you are the grinch. However, to Santa Clause you will appear to be very naughty. Santa, beware!
[li]Elf - A player with no special role. You hunt down the weredeer.
[li]Other roles:[ul]<LI>[li]Ghost of Christmas Past - 11 players. Is a regular villager, but may kill one player the night after he/she dies.
[li]Cupid - 13 players. Love strikes in the winter! Cupid is a regular villager, but chooses two players the first night. These two players will be lovers. When one lover dies, so does the other one. (Strategy tip: The two lovers should form a team.)
[li]Jack Frost - 14 players. Jack Frost thinks he/she is pretty much as good as Santa (able to tell people's roles), but receives random roles instead of the real ones. Each random role may or may not be correct.
[li]Scrooge - 22 players. Scrooge too can see if people are naughty or nice, but wins with the weredeer rather than the villagers - he's trying to destroy the holidays!
[li]Extra weredeer - second with ghost at 11, third at 17, fourth at 23.
[li]Extra head elf - second at 23.[/li][/ul][/li][/ul]

Other Notes:[ul][li]When voting during the day, please make it clear who you are voting for. "<player name> is naughty!"
[li]If you want to change your vote, please do so in a new post and indicate you've changed your mind. "Changing vote to <player name>."
[li]This game is out of character. So OOC people sign up, not accounts. So you can only be playing this game as you. ;)
[li]To make this easier on everybody, it would be ideal if you only used one of your accounts during gameplay. Otherwise, ensure any account you post with during play has the exact same OOC name (and the OOC name field filled out).
[li]Updated! Because we've had such time zone-y troubles: each phase will be 24 hours long. This means that there should be no time zone complaining from anybody about not being able to eat people/vote/etc.
[li]Special thanks goes to ElementalAlchemist from IF/ZB Support, who showed that this game could be played on a forum, has worked out a good number of kinks in it, gave me the code to generate game roles and (most graciously) let me copy his summary of each game role from his post in previous games verbatim. :wub: EA.[/li][/ul]

So - what are you waiting for? Sign up!

Weredeer Signup![ol][li]
[li]
[li]
[li]
[li]
[li]
[li]
[li]
<LI>[li]
[/li][/ol]
Code:
[b]Weredeer Signup![/b][list=1][*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[/list]

Want to learn more?
See how a previous game went
Read more on Wikipedia!

How can I resist?
Weredeer Signup![ol][li]Hadan Hensel</LI>
[li]
[li]
[li]
[li]
[li]
[li]
[li]
<LI>[li]
[/li][/ol]
Code:
[b]Weredeer Signup![/b][list=1][*][class=globalmod]Hadan Hensel[/class]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[/list]

Has to be done, but shouldn't this say 'Weredeer signup? xD
[li]Patricia Styx
[li]
[li]
[li]
[li]
[li]
[li]
<LI>[li]
[/li][/ol]
Code:
[*][class=globalmod]Patricia Styx[/class]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[/list]

Patricia Styx said:
Has to be done, but shouldn't this say 'Weredeer signup? xD
Don't know what you're talking about. :tut:

YAY!!

[li]Patricia Styx
[li]Riley Sparkles
[li]
[li]
[li]
[li]
[li]
<LI>[li]
[/li][/ol]

Code:
[*][class=globalmod]Riley Sparkles[/class]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[/list]

[li]Patricia Styx
[li]Riley Sparkles
[li] Alyssa Chevalier
[li]
[li]
[li]
[li]
<LI>[li]
[/li][/ol]

Code:
[*][class=other_employee]Alyssa Chevalier[/class]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[/list]

[li]Patricia Styx
[li]Riley Sparkles
[li]Alyssa Chevalier
[li] Stefan Archer
[li]
[li]
[li]
<LI>[li]
[/li][/ol]

Code:
[*][class=other_employee]Alyssa Chevalier[/class]
[*][class=globalmod][me][/class]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[/list]

I am so in! Can't wait! :D

Weredeer Signup![ol][li]Hadan Hensel</LI> [li]Patricia Styx [li]Riley Sparkles [li]Alyssa Chevalier [li]Stefan Archer [li]Professor Cyndi Kingsley[li] [li] <LI>[li] [/li][/ol]

Code:
<i>
</i> [b]Weredeer Signup![/b][list=1][*][class=globalmod]Hadan Hensel[/class] [*][class=globalmod]Patricia Styx[/class] [*][class=globalmod]Riley Sparkles[/class] [*][class=other_employee]Alyssa Chevalier[/class] [*][class=globalmod]Stefan Archer[/class] [*][class=admin]Professor Cyndi Kingsley[/class][*] [*] [*] [/list]

In the end, I can't resist.. xD :p

Weredeer Signup![ol][li]Hadan Hensel</LI> [li]Patricia Styx [li]Riley Sparkles [li]Alyssa Chevalier [li]Stefan Archer [li]Professor Cyndi Kingsley[li]Arianna Nightray [li] [li] <LI>[li] [/li][/ol]
Code:
[b]Weredeer Signup![/b][list=1][*][class=globalmod]Hadan Hensel[/class] [*][class=globalmod]Patricia Styx[/class] [*][class=globalmod]Riley Sparkles[/class] [*][class=other_employee]Alyssa Chevalier[/class] [*][class=globalmod]Stefan Archer[/class] [*][class=admin]Professor Cyndi Kingsley[/class][*][class=family]Arianna Nightray[/class] [*] [*] [*] [/list]

Weredeer Signup![ol][li]Hadan Hensel</LI> [li]Patricia Styx [li]Riley Sparkles [li]Alyssa Chevalier [li]Stefan Archer [li]Professor Cyndi Kingsley[li]Arianna Nightray [li]Kiera Potter [li] <LI>[li] [/li][/ol]

Code:
[b]Weredeer Signup![/b][list=1][*][class=globalmod]Hadan Hensel[/class] [*][class=globalmod]Patricia Styx[/class] [*][class=globalmod]Riley Sparkles[/class] [*][class=other_employee]Alyssa Chevalier[/class] [*][class=globalmod]Stefan Archer[/class] [*][class=admin]Professor Cyndi Kingsley[/class][*][class=family]Arianna Nightray[/class] [*][class=globalmod]Kiera Potter[/class] [*] [*] [/list]

Weredeer Signup![ol][li]Hadan Hensel</LI> [li]Patricia Styx [li]Riley Sparkles [li]Alyssa Chevalier [li]Stefan Archer [li]Professor Cyndi Kingsley[li]Arianna Nightray [li]Kiera Potter [li]Professor Takuya Blaze [li] <LI>[li] [/li][/ol]

Code:
[b]Weredeer Signup![/b][list=1][*][class=globalmod]Hadan Hensel[/class] [*][class=globalmod]Patricia Styx[/class] [*][class=globalmod]Riley Sparkles[/class] [*][class=other_employee]Alyssa Chevalier[/class] [*][class=globalmod]Stefan Archer[/class] [*][class=admin]Professor Cyndi Kingsley[/class][*][class=family]Arianna Nightray[/class] [*][class=globalmod]Kiera Potter[/class] [*][class=professors]Professor Takuya Blaze[/class] [*] [*] [/list]
[/font]

Alrighty - the fun will begin this Saturday, whether or not we have the ghost of Christmas past and a second weredeer.

Weredeer Signup![ol][li]Hadan Hensel</LI> [li]Patricia Styx [li]Riley Sparkles [li]Alyssa Chevalier [li]Stefan Archer [li]Professor Cyndi Kingsley[li]Arianna Nightray [li]Kiera Potter [li]Professor Takuya Blaze [li]Ryuuji Tsukino[li] <LI>[li][/li][/ol]
Code:
[b]Weredeer Signup![/b][list=1][*][class=globalmod]Hadan Hensel[/class] [*][class=globalmod]Patricia Styx[/class] [*][class=globalmod]Riley Sparkles[/class] [*][class=other_employee]Alyssa Chevalier[/class] [*][class=globalmod]Stefan Archer[/class] [*][class=admin]Professor Cyndi Kingsley[/class][*][class=family]Arianna Nightray[/class] [*][class=globalmod]Kiera Potter[/class] [*][class=professors]Professor Takuya Blaze[/class] [*][color=#20B2AA]Ryuuji Tsukino[/color][*] [*][/list]

Weredeer Signup![ol][li]Hadan Hensel</LI> [li]Patricia Styx [li]Riley Sparkles [li]Alyssa Chevalier [li]Stefan Archer [li]Professor Cyndi Kingsley[li]Arianna Nightray [li]Kiera Potter [li]Professor Takuya Blaze [li]Ryuuji Tsukino[li] Matilda Undersee [li] <LI>[li] [/li][/ol]

Code:
[b]Weredeer Signup![/b][list=1][*][class=globalmod]Hadan Hensel[/class] [*][class=globalmod]Patricia Styx[/class] [*][class=globalmod]Riley Sparkles[/class] [*][class=other_employee]Alyssa Chevalier[/class] [*][class=globalmod]Stefan Archer[/class] [*][class=admin]Professor Cyndi Kingsley[/class][*][class=family]Arianna Nightray[/class] [*][class=globalmod]Kiera Potter[/class] [*][class=professors]Professor Takuya Blaze[/class] [*][color=#20B2AA]Ryuuji Tsukino[/color][*] [color=mediumblue]Matilda Undersee[/color] [*] [*] [/list]

Signups are now closed! Roles will be assigned, role PMs sent out, then the first phase of the game will begin. :)
(Sorry for the delay.)

Night has fallen on Santa's Village
The workhouses are closed and locked for the night and the elves have sung the last carols of the day and are just settling down with a nice glass of cocoa for their evening rest - entirely unaware of what evil plots against their village and the continued existence of Christmas itself!

Alarms sounded in gingerbread cottages all throughout Santa's village, rousing the elves to their next day of Christmas preparation. Stepping outside into the cool of the December air, hoofprints were visible in the snow leading to the candycane barges at the river - where all that could be seen was a single hat floating on the top of the peppermint water.

Matilda Undersee, an elf had been killed in the night!

It is day.[note]The sun doesn't rise, though, I suppose - it is the North Pole. :r [note]

This is the first day, so I just had my sisters pick a number.

Stefan Archer is naughty! Sorry, hon.

Vote Received: Stefan Archer

Nothing to go by yet but my random number generator.. and it says 8..

Kiera Potter is naughty..

Vote Received: Kiera Potter

Seeing as it's the first day and this is random, to me Arianna Nightray is naughty

Vote Received: Arianna Nightray

Random Generator told me Matilda Undersee haha, oops, next one tells me Kiera Potter is naughty

Vote Received: Kiera Potter

I'll just randomly decide that Riley Sparkles is naughty.

Vote Received: Riley Sparkles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back