Well, good afternoon!

Jameson Abshire

OOC First Name
Jameson
Wand
Knotted 14 Inch Unyielding Mahogany Wand with Kelpie Hair Core
Hello all! I'm Jameson (and incidentally Jameson really is my name, though the middlle name and last name are fake for this forum) and I suppose I should introduce myself.

I'm a 24 year old college student (I took a few years off after high school to work and travel). I found this forum by googling role play forums. I used to role play (very poorly) when I was in middle school, but it's been quite a long time since I've set an electronic foot into a forum. I'm a fan of reading fiction and fantasy, as well as playing games with a good story. Board games and trivia games intrigue me, though I'm not amazing at them. I have a passion for the outdoors, and take time to hike and camp numerous times a year.

And that's about all there really is to me. Books, games, outdoor fun, and that's it!

-J.M.A.

Hey there Jameson, welcome to HNZ! :)

I'm Nick, one of the admin on HNZ, and I'm really glad you found our little corner of the Internet! I hope you enjoy your time on the site - and if you ever have any questions or concerns, feel free to shoot me a PM. (You'll find plenty of people offering you help along the way, too.)

What are you studying in school right now?
Are there any board games in particular that you really enjoy? Pandemic and Small World are some of my more recent board game favourites - but my family likes things simpler so lots of Saboteur and the like has been played over the holidays.

Jameson is the coolest name!
Welcome to HNZ ^_^

Welcome to the site, Jameson! I hope to see you around. :)

Thank you for the welcome Nicolas, Riley, and Professor Cyndi!

Nicolas, to answer your questions I am:

A.) Duel majoring in Literature and History, focusing on medieval history, specifically the Anglo-Saxons and the history of the U.K.
B.) I am a HUGE fan of Pandemic, Life, Settlers of Catan, Ticket to Ride, and Monopoly. (Although admittedly, I rarely finish a game of Monopoly due to how long it takes)

Hi hello! It's always great to see new faces here. I hope you enjoy your time here.

Personally I never leave a game of Monopoly unfinished, usually because I'm winning. :r

Hey Jameson! :D I'm Marga and welcome to HNZ! It's quite nice to see new people every now and then.. ^_^ Have great fun on the board and feel free to drop a PM anytime for some questions/plots/conversations and most of all, major craziness! :D Don't worry though, I don't bite. :teehee: :marga: See you around the board!

P.S: I like snake and ladders and checkers.. xD I suck at chess though and that's basically the only board games I grew up with in my 17 years of living.. xD

Hey Jameson! My name is Teigan. I'm a twenty year old University student from Australia. I am also studying Literature and History though I am mostly focusing on the modern world ww1 and ww2 type deal. It's great to see people new to the board. Hope to see you around more often. Drop me a pm should you ever want to talk!

Ps. I love Ticket to Ride and Monopoly. I've played a couple rounds of Cards against Humanity and Stratego too. I love board games!

Professor Summers, I'm jealous! I can't tell you the last time I won a game of monopoly (or was even close to it!).

Ai, thank you for the welcome! I think I'll enjoy it here, I just need to figure out what to do next. (Haha)

Hey Teigan that's really cool to hear! I do enjoy WWI (studying it), mainly because of my interest in J.R.R. Tolkien. Reading his works is what interested me in medieval history and languages and that led to my current majors. But I also dabble in studying WWI, at least the parts pertinent to Tolkien's life and inspirations. Also, isn't Ticket to Ride the best? I haven't lost a game in a year or more. (I play that game for keeps)

Thank you Ryuuji, I appreciate the welcome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back