Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Eric <3
Wand
Knotted 15" Unyielding Walnut Wand with Augurey Tail Feather Core
Minnie had decided to go the Yuleball, she had pulled good grades all semester, so she definitely deserved to let her hair down at the event. She had received another dress from her parents for the event, a nice pastel pink dress with a good skirt length. She liked it a lot, she was a little jealous of the other girls with far lighter dresses, but she liked the colour of hers more than others. The ravenclaw hadn’t been sure if she would actually go to the event, so she’d gotten ready a little last minute, taking as long as she tended to to get ready but this hadn’t worked out too well, by the time she turned up the hall was mostly filled and there were so many people that she couldn’t spot any of the people that she knew. Minnie had realised that she didn’t really have friends as others did, her schedule didn’t really allow for that. She knew at least that when she got home after this semester her parents would find out about the fact that she had lost her first quidditch game, so she had to have fun, she knew that her parents would add to her schedule so that she could do better next time. So Minnie walked to the drinks table and got herself, smiling at the people dancing, she would have a nice time here and now, it would be good.

Holiday parties in general just seemed like a big waste of time to Sydney. Everyone got all dressed up to show off and make heart eyes at each other, it was so dumb. The school was better off using the time and effort into actually making something that would benefit the students, but Sydney was determined this year to at least see what all the fuss was about. If she was going to write a scathing response about this in her journal or maybe even in the paper, she'd need her own verified sources.

Now that she was here though, she was mostly just bored. What were you supposed to do if you didn't get caught up with all the simpering and dancing. Slumping over to the drinks table, Sydney grabbed some punch, fidgeting with the cup until she spotted Minnie Calida nearby. Sydney knew Minnie from class mostly and it was weird seeing her just doing nothing for once. The other girl always seemed busy with her head down, which Sydney could respect even if she though schoolwork was mostly a waste of everyone's time. "Minnie," She said with a nod in lieu of a greeting. "You look nice, I guess." She said, before immediately turning to her drink to take a few quick sips.

Minnie was a little surprised when she heard someone say her name. She looked around at the person who said it and was a little surprised if she honest. She didn’t particularly know Sydney, but that wasn’t too hard for Minnie, she didn’t know most of the year, too busy with reading or quidditch, or just working to make sure that she had perfect grades. ”You too, I guess,” Minnie returned a little surprised by the girl’s words. She didn’t need the girl to compliment her if she didn’t agree with it. ”If you didn’t believe it, you didn’t really need to say anything,” Minnie said to her. She knew she had somewhat under cut her own point by retorting to the girl, but minnie wasn’t always particularly good at not doing so. ”Are you enjoying your night?” the girl asked, she didn’t know Sydney well, and she wasn’t altogether sure they would get along, but Minnie didn’t exactly have other friends to fall back on, so it was better than standing alone, which was perhaps why this girl had even started talking to her in the first place.

Sydney tried not to get defensive about Minnie's response to her comment. Some girls just don't take compliments well, she figured, feeling her shoulders rise up and forcing them back down. "I don't say things I don't mean, don't worry," She answered hotly, wondering if Minnie had returned the compliment just because she felt obligated. Sydney didn't need Minnie's pity compliments, it wasn't like she cared about getting dressed up for the ball or anything anyway. "I'm only here to make sure it sucks," She said. "Everyone always seems so excited so I wanted to have an informed opinion before I don't bother next time," She said, directing most of her hostility towards the general student body out on the dance floor, only really watching Minnie from the corner of her eye. "It's weird seeing you without your nose in a book though. You always look busy." Sydney had rarely paid much mind to Minnie before, the other girl had seemed so caught up in doing schoolwork Sydney wondered if it hadn't fried her brains somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back