Welcome

Kat snorted at Bruin and said teasingly, "Don't I always provide food?" She was glad that everyone was enjoying themselves and was even happier when Lily arrived, which meant that Blake wouldn't be too far behind her. Once Blake was here then Bruin would most likely loosen up. "Hey Lily! Thanks, wanted everything to perfect!" she said sheepishly. Kat was getting a bit anxious as the two guests of honor hadn't yet arrived and was hoping that they had gotten their letters. Chace had said that this weekend was good for him and had seemed excited at the prospect of meeting new people. He'll be here she thought to herself, the butterflies in her stomach starting to flutter at the thought of him

Ashton had received a letter from Katalina, the girl he'd met a few days ago, stating that he was invited to a party of sorts. He debated with himself on whether or not he was going to attend, but decided it might be best to meet a few people and become a bit more social.

After having to ask directions to the North Tower from three different people, Ashton finally arrived at what he hoped to be the right spot. He walked in and saw that there was a banner hanging up and a group of people who had already gathered. The only ones that he recognized were Lily and Kat so he walked over to them and said, "Hi. So what's up with the party?"

Cyndi continued to drink her pumpkin juice and wave to the people who began showing up for the party. She couldn't believe how many people Kat had invited to the tower.

After a while, Cyndi noticed that Bruin was still the only guy in the place and wondered when the guests of honor would arrive. She turned to Bruin and asked, "Feeling a little outnumbered?"

Just as she turned to ask Kat about her new friends, a guy entered the room. Cyndi had never seen him before, so she figured that he must be one of the new transfer students. He walked up to Kat and said hi to her. Cyndi smiled at him, waiting for Kat to begin introductions.

"Hey Ashton! Glad you could make it!" Kat said to the boy who had just walked up to her. She cleared her throat and said, "Everyone!! This is Ashton. He just transferred from Hogwarts Scotland!" Kat looked at Ashton and said, "This is everybody! I'll let them introduce themselves, especially because I have a feeling that Bruin will be taking up the majority of your time. Talking guy things...whatever that may be!"

She waited a moment to see if anyone was going to be the first to introduce themselves before she said, "Oh, and there is a table of food over there! You may find the only other male in the vicinity lurking over there somewhere!"

With a small wave of his hand Ashton simply said, "Hi everyone." He was thinking that this was an extremely awkward situation to be in. The new kid in town. Things like this weren't really his forte so he headed back over to the food table in which he'd been pointed to. Sure enough, just as Kat had predicted, there was another guy near the food. Picking up a butterbeer he said to the boy, "So I'm guessing that you're Bruin." Ashton looked around at the gathering of people that were present, thinking that Kat and Lily had a great number of friends.

Although inwardly excited, Chace could not help feeling immensely nervous as he tread the many steps up the North Tower. The Slytherin boy was not keen to be subject to heights, brooding on the fact that if he felt down the stairs it would be a long, long way down. His cheeks flushed, he was relieved to finally get to his destination.

His stomach felt as if it was dropping when he viewed the number of people that were here already- it didn't help that the majority of them were girls. For the first time in his life feeling extremely, incredibly shy, he found his way to the only person in the room that he recognized. With a weak smile, he approached Kat. "Hey," he greeted, tugging at his collar. He looked about if a bit apprehensively. What if these people didn't like him?

Kat beamed from ear to ear and the butterflies in her stomach started to dance excitedly. Stop it stupid she thought to herself as she said brightly, "Hi! Glad you could make it...seeing as this if for you and Ashton." Her face flushed light pink as looked at the boy, who looked a little like he might be sick. "Relax. They don't bite...hard," she whispered to him with a little grin.

"Hey! Everyone...this is Chace! Another one of our transfers." Kat said loudly enough so that everyone could hear her over the chattering. She looked at Lily, who was standing right next to her and said, "Chace this is Lily. Lily this is Chace." She looked around at the small gathering of people and saw that Blake was no where to be seen so she added as an afterthought, "Lily's boyfriend, Blake, is a Slytherin as well. Same year as us!"

Estrella took note that Lily, like herself, had a boyfriend absent. Wondering if Jaken was ever going to come she stood around, glancing at both of the transfers that had just entered. Leaning against the wall she nibbled at a chip, reveling at the taste of salt on her tongue. She had never been a huge one for parties and was not entirely outgoing, but she liked to be around her friends nonetheless.

Mike had recieved an invitation from Kat saying their would be a party for the new slytherin transfer students. Mike decided to go, and so Mike left the common room, and headed to the North Tower. Mike could see some familiar faces, but to some he couldnt place a name. "Hey Guys" Mike said smiling. "Thanks for the invite Kat" Mike said, "Do you need any help?" He asked.

"Hey Mike! Nah, I think I've got it all set up, but thanks for coming!" Kat said a bit more bubbly than usual and then added, "Oh, and there is tons of food over there. Follow the food and I'm pretty sure you'll find Bruin too." She noticed that Chace was still standing near her and Lily and she said, "Oh sweet Merlin. How rude of me...Mike this is Chace. He's one of the new transfers and I think that the other one, Ashton is over there somewhere mingling." This is going to be much better now that some other guys have arrived...should make them feel less anxious I hope she thought with a small sigh of relief.

Mike smiled at Kat, thenwent over to Chace and extending his hand. "Names Mike Goulding, 3rd Year Gryffindor and Prefect, pleased to meet you" Mike said. Mike then went over to the food table and munched on some crisps. Mike looked around to see most of the prefects here.

(Sorry I'm joining so late...it's been really busy around here.)

Earlier that evening, Kale had received a letter from Katalina Vanderhol. At first it sort of confused him to why he would be invited to a party by someone that he barely knew, but he figured that some of his friends would be there. Since there was no set time to show up, he decided that he would go ahead and make an appearance later in the evening. He wasn't going to pass up the chance to have a good time, a party would have been a cool way to kick off his fifth year and possibly make a couple of new friends since he left Hogwarts New Zealand so abruptly the second semester last year.

As the lanky boy walked up the steps that led up to the North tower, he couldn't help but chuckle to himself when he saw a welcome banner hung up high. Kat wasn't joking. He looked around the space, there were a couple of people that he knew...and some younger kids that he hadn't got around to knowing yet. Kale shrugged, feeling a bit overwhelmed by the amount of people, until he saw Bruin. Ah, Bruin, one of his best friends. He barreled toward his friend and tackled him by the side, "Bruddah! Where have you been all of my life?!" exclaimed Kale, chuckling. His entrance to the party wasn't very subtle, but that wasn't Kale so it rolled with him.

Cyndi listened as Kat introduced the two new guys to Hogwarts: Ashton and Chace. She was happily surprised to see that they looked to be about her age, maybe a year or two younger than she was. As the boys began to mingle with everyone, Cyndi decided to go introduce herself to the one who was standing nearer, Ashton. "Hi. I'm Cyndi- Gryffindor 6th year" Cyndi said, "How are you liking it here so far?" she asked.

(Fart Knocker :glomp2: :p )

Kat was glad that her friends were so welcoming to the two newcomers...not that she had any doubt in her mind that they would be. Kale arrived and she gave him a small wave. Though she didn't know him very well she thought that it would be nice to invite him since he was friends with Estrella and Lily, plus he was around the same age as Chace and Ashton. She rolled her eyes and laughed as he did a sort of tackle maneuver on Bruin and then looked at Lily and said, "Boys! Sheesh!"

Rhyspa finished up her cauldron cake and grabbed herself some pumpkin juice to sip on. She noticed as the two boys walked in, both were very cute, she couldn't help but notice. Rhyspa walked over to Mike and the new boy, Chace.

"Hey Mike," Rhyspa smiled. "Hello Chace, my names Rhyspa. Welcome to New Zealand."

Zoe was standing by the food table, drinking some butterbeer, and she was a little surprised to see a surge of boys come through the door. She listened as Kat introduced two of them to be transfers from Hogwarts Scotland, and she overheard someone say they were both in Slytherin. Finally, some moer boys! She thought to herself, hiding her grin. She walked up to the one who's name was Chace, and put her hand out, saying, "Name's Zoe-Hope, Slytherin as well." She introduced herself, and decided against mentioning she was a prefect, not wanting to seem like a show off.

Bruin managed an affirming nod to Cyndi about feeling outnumbered between bites of a sandwich when one of the guests of honour arrived and was introduced. Ashton made his way towards him and Bruin quickly extended his hand, after putting down his sandwich and brushing his hands off quickly on his pants.

"Hey Ashton! I'm Bruin, nice to meet you!" He managed with his typical friendly smile. The poor guy didn't even have a chance to reply before Bruin was blindsided by Kale. "And this would be Kale, in case you haven't already had the opportunity to be tackled by him yet!" Bruin said with a laugh giving Kale a warm hug. "Great to see you to Kale!" He added with a laugh, looking around for a butterbeer.

[Hope I'm not too late :p ]

Blake walked up to the North Tower feeling a little uncomfortable about attending the party Kat had organised for two transfer students. It was not that he was nervous to meet them, he just wasn't sure he felt quite in place in crowds, especially when he'd been at Hogwarts New Zealand for nearly two years and still didn't know as many people as he'd like. Putting on a brave face, Blake entered the 'party area', smiling randomly as he searched for anyone who looked familiar. When he spotted Lily, Kat, Zoe, Kale and Bruin standing together with two other familiar looking boys, he sighed with relief and quickly made his way over to them.
"Sorry I'm late," he said to Kat while he wrapped his arm around Lily's back. "Hey you."
"Kale!" Blake said enthusiastically, glad to see his old roomie again. "Haven't seen you around much!"
Feeling much better, Blake greeted Zoe and Bruin, deciding to catch up with them after, as he now recognised the two transfers to be the two Slytherin boys he'd met on different accounts. "Kat you never mentioned this party was for Ashton and Chace! Well..." he said pausing to better greet the two new Slytherins. Blake extended his hand out to each of them in turn and said, "Welcome, once again, to Hogwarts New Zealand."

Things were going just perfectly. Everyone that she'd invited to attend was here and seemed to be getting on just fine...or at least she hoped it would be that way. She smiled when first Rhyspa and then Zoe introduced themselves to Chace and couldn't help but chuckle a bit at the boys that were standing over to the food. If you feed them, they will come she thought with a smirk. Just then Blake joined them. "Nope, you're right on time! And sorry...I thought I'd remembered to mention that." Kat said a little sheepishly.

Chace gave Kat a rather uneasy smile, although he was glad that she was trying to make him feel welcome amongst her friends. The Slytherin boy wasn't expecting so many people to introduce themselves to him all in one short period of time. However, he took this as a good thing, attempting to make himself look as comfortable as possible. He ran a hand through his short hair, smiling at the first person that Kat introduced him to. "Hi Lily. Blake you say? He's one of my roommates." He let his shoulders fall back a bit. This wasn't so hard, was it?

He was happy to see that there were indeed boys here- if a few. He grinned as one of them introduced themselves- but walked away pretty much just as soon he had said his name. "Nice to meet you Mike!" he called after him. He spun around to meet two other girls, smiling at both of them. "Thanks Rhyspa!" he started, "I'm glad to be here!" He noticed that she was a Hufflepuff, but he couldn't let that get to him. At this school enough barriers were broken down when it came to houses- and that was probably part of the reason it was so much more comfortable than Hogwarts Scotland. "What year are you in?" he asked, wondering how many out of the bunch were going to be in classes with him.

He then turned to a redhead, one that he recognized from his house. Wasn't she a prefect? He found himself realizing that there were a lot of prefects here. Only a few, including himself of course, were not. "It's good to meet you Zoe!" The fifteen year old boy hoped that he hadn't messed up by shortening her name, but it seemed appropriate. "You a fourth year too?" he asked, although he noted that a lot of the people here were at least a year or two older than him.

Chace was glad to see that Blake, another boy and one in his year and house at that, had showed up. The Slytherin boy smirked as he took Blake's hand and shook it firmly, replying, "Good to meet you again, Blake."

Estrella had been rather quiet when it came to the party, one because Jaken had not yet showed up, if he was coming at all, and two, she just wasn't feeling the greatest at the moment. She gave Kale a friendly wave as he entered the room, along with a few muttered 'hellos' to the other people who had entered the room. She could only take so much of standing around, however and decided that it was high time for her to greet the newcomers. Falling to Cyndi's side and giving Ashton a rather weak smile, she greeted, "Hi, Ashton. I'm Estrella, Ravenclaw Sixth Year." She figured not to extend a hand just yet, as so many people were approaching him at the same time. She didn't want the guy to be overwhelmed by this mass of new people.

Rhyspa noticed him glance at her robe, acknowledging that she was a Hufflepuff, she was extremely pleased to not hear him make any snide comments. "I'm a Fifth Year, and a prefect," she said. Rhyspa had never really cracked down on anyone since she'd been prefect, everyone so far hadn't acted up and she hadn't felt the need to punish anyone. "What year are you in?" Rhyspa asked Chace.

"Hello Zoe!" Rhyspa smiled.

Andromeda let out a sigh as she lifted herself from her bed, the pile of books she had been studying falling with a thud to the floor. The noise woke her properly with a start, knowing she had to be somewhere or had at least made a vague promise to show up somewhere, Andromeda rattled her brains as she picked her books up and stacked them on her bedside locker. It was only then she noticed that her room mates Kat and Cyndi were no where to be seen and the word 'party' crept into her fogged brain.

With a groan, Andromeda remembered the welcoming party that Kat had been talking about for some new students who had transferred from Hogwarts Scotland, she hadn't particularly wanted to go but didn't want to let Kat down either. Maybe if I just show my face for a small while and then leave? The thought roused her enough to change her clothes and wash her face, pulling a brush through her short bobbed red hair Andromeda surveyed herself in the mirror. She had only put on her uncles old baggy Gryffindor jumper and her favourite pair of jeans, as well as her skeetchers but felt this was more than appropriate. After all she wasn't going to see the Minister for Magic or anything, they were only students.

She made her way from the castle to the North Tower, noting the amount of noise coming from the top room. Obviously Kat's friends group were out in full force to welcome the transfers. Smiling at how thoughtful her friend was, Andromeda attempted to enter the room unnoticed and sidle her way straight to the food table. There at least she recognised Bruin and vaguely another boy. She wasn't being rude but after pouring herself a drink, she stood awkwardly back to survey everyone.

Lily was excited to see Kale show up, and then the face she had been waiting for the most, her boyfriend Blake. She grinned from ear to ear as he wrapped his arms around her. "Hey yourself," she said in a soft voice, relishing the fact that he had finally arrived.

Soon Lily was introduced to the other transfer student, Chace. "Nice to meet you. Welcome to New Zealand." She was always amazed at how polite and friendly the Slytherin boys were, her own boyfriend included. Once she saw that Kale was untagled from Bruin, she took her chance to jump on him. "KALE THOMAS!" she yelled at him, attempting to tackle him as best she could, laughing the whole time, and ended up giving him a huge bear hug instead. "Missed you in classes silly boy. Don't EVER think you are going to leave New Zealand again, you hear?" She grinned at him with a silly look, then moved back over to her boyfriend, wrapping her arms around his waist.

Jaken just received the notice about the party. Of course, he found himself late getting dressed in his tight, black shirt and jeans. He tied his hair back and walked out of his dorm. He hurried up to the North Tower, and noticed a bunch of people. He recognized Blake, Kale, Chace, Cyndi, Zoe, Kat, and Bruin. He could not pin the names on the other students however. Jaken's attention went to his girlfriend, Estrella.

Jaken smiled, and went over to her side. He gave her a hug and said the casual 'hey' to everyone else. He saw another transfer and chuckled, "My, we have a lot of transfers this year." He saw Kale, and when Lily pounced on him, Jaken couldn't help but smile. Jaken glanced down at Estrella, and realized that this party had more older students, even though he was almost the oldest here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back