OOC First Name
Katie
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Bloodwood Wand 15 1/4" Essence of Phoenix Ash
Kat had been busy for the better part of the last three days getting things prepared for the little get-together she had planned for the two new transfer students, Chace and Ashton. She had a few refreshments because you can't really have a party without food (especially with teenage boys). She had sent out the invites and hoped desperately that her close circle of friends would show up, if only for a few minutes.

The banner she had made for the event was folded up in the corner so she picked it up and hung it up to where it would be visible to everyone coming in.
nqe4ag.png

Once the banner was hung, Kat began to set up a few streamers and such around the room. Maybe this is a bit much she thought with a small laugh. Everyone should have been arriving at any moment and she wanted to make sure that everything was just perfect. After all, she wanted to show her new friends how they did things here in New Zealand.

Kailey got the owl from Kat and quickly made her way up to the north tower. She was happy to see that noone else had arrived yet aside from Kat of course. "Hey Kat!" Kailey greeted to her best friend before seeing the food. She quickly grabbed a cauldron cake and began to eat it. "My favorite!" she commented before opening a nearby butterbeer and taking a drink. She then turned red "Oh, sorry Kat... you probably wanted to wait until a few more people got here for people to start eating." she said "Oh well, Its a bit too late now." she shrugged taking another bite of the chocolately wizarding dessert.

Cyndi had received an owl from Kat asking her to come to a party she was throwing. Cyndi had eagerly sent her a reply, happy to have something fun to do. After finding something to wear, Cyndi set out for the Tower, arriving quickly as it was not far from her dorm room.

Cyndi walked inside to see Kat setting up streamers. It all looked so nice in there with a banner welcoming the new students and a refreshment area already set up. "Hi Kat" Cyndi said to her fellow Gryffindor, "Do you need help with anything?"

Kat laughed at Kailey and said, "Sheesh, I thought the boys were bad about the snacks. I'm kidding of course! Help yourself, that's what they're here for!" Just then Cyndi walked in. Kat smiled at her and replied, "Hey Cyndi! Thanks for coming! I think I've got it all set-up actually, but thanks!" She looked around just to make sure she had remembered everything and then grabbed a cup and poured herself some pumpkin juice. "I can't wait for you guys to meet Chace...oh and Ashton too! They're both great!" she added as a side note, but blushed a little as she had nearly forgotten to mention Ashton at first.

Estrella had gotten an OWL from Kat to attend a party for two new transfers that was going on in the North Tower. Feeling obligated to go she lugged herself out of bed and got ready. She was notorious for sleeping in late and felt that she probably wasn't going to arrive on time.

She stifled a yawn as she viewed that only a few of her friends were there. Well, at least she wasn't running late. With a smile she greeted all of those who were already there. "Hey Kat, Kailey, Cyndi- how many people did you invite?" Her eyes widened at the sight of all the food- surely, there had to be a lot of students coming! And hungry ones at that.

"You know I have a bad sweet tooth Kat!" Kailey shot back finishing off the cake and washing it down with another drink of butterbeer. She made sure that her teeth had no chocolate on them and getting chocolate off of her lips and then said "Well if you're so anxious for us to meet them then they must be pretty awesome." she noticed Kat redden after seeming to forget to mention the second boy and gave her a look that said 'I'll ask later' before taking another small sip of the butterbeer. It was about that time that Estrella came in, "Hey Estrella." she greeted

"Oh, hi Kailey!" Cyndi said. She had been by the food table and with all of the decorations, Cyndi hadn't seen her. She wondered who else besides the guests of honor would be showing up to the tower. "This looks so great!" Cyndi said as she walked to the table and poured herself some pumpkin juice when Kat was done.

"Hey Estrella" Cyndi said as one of her fellow 6th years entered the area. "I can't wait to meet these guys. They must be pretty cool" Cyndi after she saw Kat blush.

Ella had found an invitation on her pillow from Kat about a welcoming party last night. Even though Ella did not know the people the party was being thrown for, she decided to attend because it was an opportunity to meet new friends. Because of the tour Kat had given her earlier in the week, Ella was able to find the North Tower with only a small bit of difficulty. As she made her way up, she heard a few familiar voices, well, I must be in the right place.

"Um, hello," Ella mumbled as she walked around the decorated area.

"Hey Estrella! Umm, a few? I'm not really sure!" Kat replied to the newly appointed Head Girl with a chuckle. She saw Estrella eyeing the food table and added, "Go on ahead! There's plenty for everyone! Oh, is Jaken coming?" Kat wasn't sure if her friends boyfriend would be joining them, but hoped so as he was in the same house and near the same age as Chace and Ashton.

Kat caught the look that Kailey had given her and she merely beamed from ear to ear, her cheeks going slightly pink once more. She nodded at her best friend and said, "They are!" Looking to Cyndi she smiled and looked around once more at the set-up and said, "I think it turned out nicely! I hope they like it! And I'm sure you'll all get on great with them both!"

Just then Ella, her newest roommate, walked in and greeted them. Kat could tell she was being a bit shy so she walked over to the girl and said, "Everyone this is Ella! She just transferred in from Beauxbatons Academy!" She then looked at Ella and said, "You know Cyndi and Andy is supposed to be coming! And you know me! No reason to be shy! Just have fun!"

"Hi Ella, I'm Kailey." she greeted the younger girl, presmuably a Gryffindor if she Knew Kat, Andy and Cyndi so soon into the year. But she couldn't help but wonder just how many people Kat invited to this thing... The north tower could only hold so many people. But knowing Kat she probably invited the Max number of people that could fit comfortable up here.

Luna got an owl from her sisters good friend Kat about a party on the north tower. She had been a bit surprised to have been invited but found a decent outfit to wear and made her way up there anyways. She was nervous because it was bound to be a bunch of 4th and 5th years like Kat, Kailey, and Rhyspa. When she arrived her fears were confirmed until she saw a familiar face in the crowd. "Ella?" she asked looking at the girl

"Hi Luna!" Kat said brightly as Kailey's little sister joined them. She had thought that Ella and Luna might know each other as they were both second year transfers from Beauxbatons and apparently she had been correct in that assumption because it seemed that Luna recognized Ella.

Kat kept looking anxiously to the entrance of the North Tower, hoping that a few more people would show up soon. She had invited the boys that she knew well, Kale, Bruin, and Mike, to the party thinking that it would be nice for Chace and Ashton to meet guys that were close in age and not just hang out with a bunch of girls. Then again what teenage boy didn't love to be surrounded by girls she thought, laughing a little to herself.

Ella felt a wee bit embarrassed when Kat introduced her to everyone and pretty much publicly announced that she was acting shy. Shy? I'm not acting outwardly shy, am I? "Well, thanks for inviting me Kat, I'm sure it will be a great party."

"Hi Kailey," Ella greeted with a smile, which widened when she heard her name called by a familiar voice. "Luna?! Wow! What are you doing here? - Not that you shouldn't be here or anything." Oh no, I always end up making things awkward!

"It is you!" Luna exclaimed quickly making her way over to her sister and her friend. "I could ask you the same thing, but of course it's great that were both here! I came here because I missed the place, and a good bit of convincing from Kailey here." she said motioning to her sister. "What convinced you to transfer over?" she asked curiosity lacing her voice.

Violet stumbled upstairs to the North Tower, glad of the distraction from schoolwork but slightly panicked about all the people that would be there. I like parties...sometimes, she told herself. But so many new people? She could feel herself become somewhat afraid as she walked up the stairs. Go on, Violet. Think of what mum would say. Think of what Angus would say! She grinned weakly to herself as she continued up the stairs, reaching the group of assembled girls, most of whom she knew. She smiled to herself, self-consciously, but said nothing, not really willing to draw attention to herself.

Upon receiving the owl from Kat, Rhyspa donned a pair of jeans and one of her nicer shirts and made her way up the North Tower, trailing slowly behind Violet. Rhyspa was nervous about meeting the new students and completely unaware whether they were male or female. Secretly she hoped they were boys, Hogwarts needed a bit of masculinity, not that Bruin and the other boys weren't enough. There were just too many younger boys and not enough older ones. Rhyspa soon reached the top of the steps, her legs aching when she knew they shouldn't be. Her eyes landed upon many girls, one of whom she didn't know.

"H'llo!" Rhyspa smiled brightly. "Kat, you've done a wonderful job!" She greeted each girl individually with a smile. "Hello," she said to the girl she didn't know. "My name is Rhyspa, it's nice to meet you."

Kat was glad to see that Ella and Luna were well acquainted and she hoped that the little gathering would help to bring Ella out of her shell just a bit. Just then Violet entered with Rhyspa heading in not too long afterwards. She grinned at them both and said, "Hey guys! Thanks for coming! Help yourself to some snacks, we have plenty!" She kept sneaking glances at the entrance way, hoping that everyone had gotten their invites.

Bruin made his way to the North Tower, not exactly certain what this invitation from Kat was all about, but when he arrived the place was wall-to-wall girls. Bruin stopped dead in his tracks and surveyed the scene, wondering if this was some elaborate prank that Kat had set up to tie him up, dress him like a girl, and give him a makeover or something. He hoped not...or did he???

"So, uh, this is a little unsettling..." Bruin said with a funny grin on his face, loud enough for all to hear.

Zoe had gotten an invitation from Kat for a welcoming party in the North Tower, and she was pretty excited to go. After changing into some of her regular clothes, she made her way up the exhausting stairways to the North Tower. Why couldn't it have been in a dungeon? She thought to herself just as she had reached the top of the final flight of stairs. She was a little surprised to see so many people in the tower, as she arrived.

"Wow, Kat! Are you sure you won't scare the guests away with all these people?" She asked jokingly, as she admired the pretty banner hung up. Zoe went and greeted her friends, then took a cup of butterbeer from the table of foods.

Grinning from ear to ear when Bruin entered, Kat laughed a little at his comment and the expression he wore on his face. "And just what about this is unsettling? I have food...what more could you ask for?" she said jokingly as she pointed to the table of refreshments over in the corner. She smiled as Zoe joined them and said to the girl, "Well, I, uh...I promised that I'd have a diverse group of friends for them to meet." Kat looked around and laughed saying, "Or well, more like a group of girls and Bruin!" She desperately hoped that Jaken, Kale, and Mike would show up soon as she had invited them to attend as well.

"I guess that I decided, along with my family that a new atmosphere would be a good opportunity, and now here I am! I still cannot believe that you transferred as well, this is really exciting!" Ella exclaimed to Luna, and found herself becoming more comfortable with the atmosphere and less nervous. "I wonder if the food is good.."

"Hello!", Ella said as she waved to those around her that had just arrived.

"Oh, well if there's food somewhere behind all of these girls...that's alright then!" Bruin said jokingly, perking up a little when he heard the Blake, Kale, and Mike were expected to show. Bruin smiled at the young Gryffindor girl who had said hello, a little unsure whether he had met her already or not in the rush that had been the last few weeks.

Rhyspa smiled at Kat and walked over to the food table, where she saw the long, wavy brown locks of her best friend, Kailey. "Hey Kailey!" Rhyspa said, poking her friend in the side. "Knew I'd find you over here." Kailey was like Rhyspa when it came to parties; they both like to stay near the food. Rhyspa picked up a cauldron cake and took a bit. Soon, Bruin and Zoe wandered in and Bruin said something about the mass of girls.

She took another bite of her cake and observed the people around her. She knew and loved the bunch of people, they all had their different quirks.

Lily got herself going up to the tower, having received an invitation from Kat to come to a party up there. She was surprised at the number of girls that were there already, and Bruin -- the lone man in the group of women. She found Kat and headed over to her. "Hey! This looks amazing!" She noticed that Bruin was there as well. "Hey Bruin. How goes it? You're looking much, um, manlier than last time I saw you." She gave him a snarky smile, hoping he would know she was teasing him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back