Arle
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Mallory
The Wolf Inn

It was the end of another term and this time, Atkin did his homework. He did his best keeping tabs down to the very day she was expected to come home. Mallory had no idea about this and he made sure to keep it that way. He got a table ready at the corner and prepared a special brunch for them. As soon as he got everything ready and set, he waited by the front desk, asking the Slate to take charge of the desk first while Sadie and Slate were outside keeping a lookout. He leaned over the counter to check the little present he got before facing the door again. He was not making the mistake of missing her the moment she arrived because he was taking his sweet time getting a present. This time, he was ready. For days.

@Professor Mallory Corrins

Mallory wasn't really sure about this. She wasn't sure how this was going to go. She didn't know what to expect from Atkin. She dressed up a little bit anyway, hoping she looked pretty enough. She gathered her things, sending the cats ahead of her while she straightened up a few more things in the office. She was feeling rather tired after the semester and all its twists and turns. She was both ready for a nap, and also coursing with a nervous energy. She let out a slow breath before taking her bag and apparating to the Inn. She let out a slow breath and started her approach.

Atkin noticed two cat cages dropped at the front which Sadie and Soren were bringing in. He straightened up. That only meant one thing. She was coming and she was close. His eyes were not leaving the door now as the two of the triplets left their post because of the cats. He could not ask Slate to go there as the boy was more determined to man the desk.

Mallory took a deep breath as she walked into the inn. She smiled shyly as she saw Atkin standing there. "Hi, Atkin," She greeted nervously, tucking her hair behind her ear. "Y-you, um, you look very handsome," she tried to compliment him, looking away and biting her lip.

And just like that, she appeared in the doorway. The daylight behind her and she looked absolutely divine. What Atkin adored the most was Mallory's shyness. It was not forced, it was natural, a part of her and it suited her. That smile and the lip bite. Atkin's heart skipped a beat as he kept his composure. He smiled at her before striding toward her. Once they were close enough, he cupped her cheek and without any word just gave her a sweet kiss. "Hi.", he whispered, a few moments after that kiss. "You look beautiful today.", he commented, taking her hand and giving her a small twirl.

Mallory's heart skipped in her chest as Atkin kissed her. She melted into his embrace, kissing him back gently. She giggled as he twirled her, following his lead before coming back to rest her hands on his chest. "Thank you," she giggled, leaning her head on his shoulder and sighing softly. "I missed you," she murmured, shutting her eyes.

Atkin sighed at Mallory's words, pulling her into his arms. "I missed you too, my love.", he whispered before pulling back to look at her. He went to the counter to retrieve the flowers he got her. "I hope you like them.", he said, handing her the bouquet. He then led the way to the table where the food was already laid out. He pulled out a chair for her. "Milady.", he teased.

Mallory hummed lightly, wanting to just cuddle into Atkin and not let go. She blushed deeper as he called her 'my love', enjoying the sound of that immensely. She smiled shyly as he pulled back, wanting to reach for his hand. He moved away however, and returned with Tulips. "Oh, Kinny, they're beautiful," she murmured, carrying them as he led her to a table. She smiled, and with a flick of her wrist the flowers went into a vase she conjured on the table and filled with water.

Mallory giggled gently as he pulled out her chair, flicking her wrist again and bringing his chair around so it was right next to hers. She smoothed out her skirt as she sat down, looking up at him. "How are you?" She asked, waiting for him to sit down so she could reach for his hand.

Atkin just loved to dote on Mallory that he forgot they were both magical. He chuckled at what his girlfriend did, letting her do her thing. He just shook his head amused as he took the seat next to hers. At her question and the touch of his hand, his heart just skipped a beat. "Better now you're here.", he whispered, leaning to give her a kiss.His thumb rubbed the back of her hand, thrilled to have her here with him again.

Mallory couldn't help but giggle softly at his words, kissing him back sweetly, reaching a hand up to touch her fingers gently against his jaw. "You're such a sweet talker," She murmured, pulling back and reaching up to brush at his hair. It wasn't in his eyes, she just wanted to touch it. "I missed you," She murmured softly. "We should see each other more often," She told him, a soft pout crossing her face. She hated that they had to wait so long between meetings.

Atkin smiled, loving the feel of her fingers brushing his har. "I missed you too.", he said, taking the hand that had just touched his hair and enclosed it in his. "Should I work at Hogwarts to be closer?", he teased. He would consider it if an opportunity opened up although that would mean being away from the inn and the kids. He had plans, plans that revolve around Mallory and something that could be a turning point for both of them.

Mallory always enjoyed this, the closeness. She blinked as he suggested working at the school and quickly shook her head. "Atkin. No." She tried to gather his hands in hers, giving him a gentle smile. "Your place is here. With Tyra, and the kids." She reached up, meaning to brush his hair from his eyes.

Atkin knew what Mallory's answer would be and she did not disappoint. He burst out laughing. "I know, sweetheart. I'm just teasing.", he replied with a chuckle. He began serving her food as he knew she was tired from the travel. It was kind of Tyra to let him have the day off so he could spend it with her.

Mallory gave Atkin an almost scolding look and settled into her chair. "I do not like it when you tease me so," She pouted, turning her head away from him. She crossed her legs and lay her hands in her lap. She was only a little serious, shutting her eyes and giving her best efforts into a 'hmmph' sort of face.

Atkin chuckled as he saw Mallory pouted and was even more amused when she looked away. He pulled her chair much closer to him and wrapped his arms around her. "Now, there's no need for the pouting. I'll be here, staying put. Promise.", he said before reaching for a kiss on her cheek and resting his chin on her shoulder. "Shall we eat?", he offered.

Last edited:
Mallory hummed softly, leaning into the kiss. She smiled softly, resting her head against his. "I suppose," She offered, shyly slipping his hand over his knee. "I did miss you, Kinny bear," She admitted gently, and turned her head to try and steal a kiss.

Atkin hummed as he squeezed his girlfriend in a tighter embrace. "I miss you more, my love.", whispering back before catching her lips in a kiss. "Say what, how about we finish eating and go out. Or do you want to get some rest first? Anything you want, consider it done.", he said with playful confidence.

Mallory smiled, kissing him back easily. She smiled at his comments. "I think a nap would be nice," She told him, going to kiss his jaw, before turning back to her dinner. "This is really good. Did you make this?" She asked him, taking another bite.

Atkin smiled, his heart skipping a beat at her action. "Nap it is.", he agreed as he turned to his food as well. When Mallory asked about the food, he nodded while chewing the food in his mouth. "I did. The triplets helped somehow. You like it?", he asked. He was almost done with his portion with only the drink to finish. He glanced at his girlfriend's plate to see her halfway done as well. "Do you want some dessert? Tyra baked a cake.", he offered.

Last edited:
Mallory smiled softly. She did miss this when she was away. She reached over, stealing one of his hands and lacing their fingers together. "I do, it's very good," She promised him. Of course, she would have liked anything he'd served. Her eyes sparkled as he brought up dessert. "Dorogoy, no woman will ever say no to a sweet dessert," She teased him gently, sipping her wine. "What flavor cake?" She inquired, curious.

Atkin loved the feel of her hands in his. He forked a piece of his food and offered it to her. He hummed happily as he had some himself and his drink after. He laughed at Mallory’s response. How adorable she was whenever she spoke in her language. “Chocolate. And I kinda tried my hand at your favorite.”, he announced, just as Sadie and Soren came out from the kitchen with a plate of vatrushka and the chocolate cake, placing them on the table.

Mallory had no sooner finished her dinner than desert was being whisked out to them. Her eyes widened at the sight of the pastry, her whole face lighting up. "Oh, Atkin, vatrushka?" She breathed, her whole face lighting up. She started to reach for one of the pastries, but stopped, looking to him with an almost guilty look in her eyes. "May I?" She asked, almost shyly, drawing her hand back and holding it against her chest.

Atkin took pride in making his girlfriend happy at everything. How her eyes lit up was more than enough for the man. Even so, her shyness was still there. At her question, he picked one and offered for her to take a bite. "All yours, my sweet.", he replied tenderly. He could already see himself building his life around this woman.

Mallory giggled shyly, leaning in and taking the offered bite. She sighed happily, savoring the flavor. "This is very good, darling." She looked to him with a warm smile. "Did you make it yourself?" She asked him. She should really get back into cooking more of the dishes she'd grown up with.

Atkin smiled as Mallory took a bite. Her smiles, shy as they may be, made his heart skip a beat. Always. He spooned another slice for her when she asked him a question. He scratched his head sheepishly before answering. "I kinda asked Luc and Cassi where to buy them. We ended up going on an excursion to the different bakeries in New Zealand.", he admitted. He left out the detail of him trying to bake them and they ended up like floppy dough instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back