Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Ash Wand, 14 1/4", Essence of Hair from the Tail of a Male Unicorn
Welcome to the Weekly Update, Abby edition! :D I promise I won't try to abuse our beloved emoticons. :lol: ...oh.. :mellow:
This WU will cover the week of October 19-24th!

INTERNATIONAL CAPS LOCK DAY!
On October 22, HNZ celebrated International Caps Lock Day by making the forum all capslocked and also shared our capslocky joy here in this thread! Some were not too happy about it, and others (like me) missed the lulz all together! :(
But not to worry, Nick was able to screencap the AWESOMENESS for us!
ONLINE LIST CAPS LOCKED (with the nifty little Happy Caps Lock day banner at the bottom! ^_^ )
NETIQUETTE IRONY :lol:
And guess what I find out with my trusty Google skills, International Caps Lock Day happens TWICE a year! So hopefully I'll be able to experience and partake in this on June 28th! :woot:

Halloween Scary Story Contest
Submissions for the HNZ's Scary Story Contest are no longer being accepted but this means we can all finally read the great entries that were submitted!
All entries are posted in their own topic in this forum and you all are encouraged to post your thoughts on a story or express your enthusiasm for a certain one. But most importantly please be sure to vote for your favorite one in this poll!

Relationship Forums Updated
Our Relationships Forum was recently cleaned up and sorted out into two different groups, so check it out here in case you hadn't yet noticed!
We all love getting new posts in our relationships threads so come on everyone, start filling out some character relationships and others will do the same for yours! ;)

Calling all Good Members!
Recently the Admins and staff began asking members to help out and develop some characters, but it proved unproductive. ( :glare: ) So this is your chance to prove that you're as good an HNZ member as you think you are. ;) Please be a good member by posting some questions in our Charater and Roleplay Development forum, it not only helps new members get a better feel for their character, but it may also get you thinking about your own character and its development! Not to mention that it allows Admin to focus on other things. :p This doesn't require much, perhaps one a day, in between your RPs or something, we'd really appreciate it! :)

Admin Name Change
In case you all haven't noticed, one of our beloved Admins, Cecily Rambolt has recently changed her name to Cecily Zhefarovich! Because of this, some site documentation may need to be updated and if any members spot any they are free to poke us in that direction or simply reply to this weekly update.

In addition to Cecily's name change, I think Kingy was feeling a little rejected :r: so he went and changed Cecily's name to Cecily King, 'claiming his woman'! After that, we all became King offspring! :o
See here! :lol:

Halloween Costume Contest Winners
With the wrap up on the Halloween feast, the winners of the costume contest were finally announced! The winners and their costumes can be viewed here and we'd like to thank everyone for entering and making this Halloween feast just as fun and exciting as always! ^_^

Week 6 of Lessons
Week 6 of lessons has officially begun which means exams are not that far away! Professors should continue to post the lessons in a timely manner and week 6 is usually a review for students and their upcoming exams with one week in between week 6 and the exams themselves. 5th and 7th years should also remember that they will not be taking exams this term because their OWLs and NEWTs take place at the end of the year.

Quidditch Emoticons!
We all know we love emoticons (some more than others :doh: ) so our wonderful Tony Alraur who created our awesome custom emoticons ( :) ) has been so kind as to share his Quidditch ones with us as well due to the Quidditch season officially beginning! There are custom ones for each House and position, and even just for Quidditch fans themselves! Check out the awesome emoticons here! and feel free to use them in your siggy! Thanks again Tony! :hug:

Must Reads!
Once again, thanks to Livvy who was kind enough to compile this list for me! We will still like it if more members PMed us their own RPs so that they could be mentioned here but people don't seem to do it. :( We welcome it! :)
[ul][li]Daily Gossip (The Library)
"A love triangle between James Potter, Kiera Kingsley, and Alex Cullen made public."
[ul][li]The Morning of the Article (The Great Hall)
"Kiera tries to deal with the publication of the article and a flurry of hate mail."[/li][/ul]
[li]Final Hour (All Around the Wizarding World)
"A man loses his life after Hades Lutrov is ordered to make his first kill."</LI>
[li]As You Wish (All Around the Wizarding World)
"That day, she was amazed to discover that when he was saying "As you wish", what he meant was, "I love you." And even more amazing was the day she realized she truly loved him back." ~ quote from Princess Bride
"In a small ceremony at dusk, two people are united together."</LI>
[li]DETENTION for the Bang Bang Baby crew (The Forbidden Forest)
"Don't do the crime if you can't do the time. 11 students learn more than the intended lesson in this wickedly creative series of detentions."
[ul]<LI>[li]Detention 1
Lily Potter and Katalina Vanderhol
[li]Detention 2
Sumner Reine and Chace Harker
[li]Detention 3
Aries Centauri and Trevor Davies
[li]Detention 4
Fenton Longestine and Ashton Gordon IV
[li]Detention 5
Crispin V. Cold and Andromeda Fiorelli
<LI>[li]Detention 6
Blake Zepline[/li][/ul][/li][/ul]

Look Forward To...
-The results of the Halloween Scary Story contest!
-Something "Super"! :shifty: :D
-Exams yay!
-Quidditch, anytime soon?! :(
-Yule Ball :woot:
-Christmas/Summer break soon
-More awesomeness from the Admins and the site staff making small changes, so small that you all don't even notice, on the board to make life easier for all of us. :D

So that's all I can think of, a big thanks to the Dark Purples for getting all the necessary info I needed for my very first Weekly Update! ^_^
If anyone thinks I forgot something, feel free to let me know in this thread.

Hope you all find this Weekly Update suitable,
~Abby :cool:
(On behalf of the HNZ Site Staff)

Abby! :hug: Congrats on your first WU! You did a brilliant job and I think it looks fabulous. :wub:

Fave line? "Dark Purples." :rofl:

Awesome job, Abby. ^_^ Well worth the wait. :) Thanks for posting this. :)
What is this "Something 'super'!" you speak of, though?! :o I want to knwo what this is! :tut:

On a more serious note: I think we should have a poll. "Who's Weekly Updates are the bestest?" and then winner is in charge of making most of them... :r I would almost do that, too, if I wasn't so sure you'd all be crushed in humiliating defeat by me. :r (jokez.)

I'd vote Abby's. :shifty:

Thanks again guys!! ^_^

I think that poll wouldn't be wise Nicolas, seeing as I'd definitely win, so you're better off not doing it and keep pretending yours are the best :r :p

:frantics: Amazing job Abby. Loving the Weekly Update ^_^

And, Kingy claimed all his woman :o Soooooo sad I missed that :( It would have been awesome :lol:

Great job on your first Weekly Update Abby :)

I'm so sad I missed all the fun stuff :(

Zoe-Hope Weasley said:
I'm so sad I missed all the fun stuff :(
Psht. This is HNZ. More fun stuff is always coming. :r

Also: Psht to both Livvy and Abby. Everybody knows my WU PWN both of yours, and especially this n00beh one. :r

( :wub: j00, Abby.... :linda: )

Admin cat fights :tut: were going to need Admin moderators soon to keep you all under control lawl :ummmm:

3 girls against Nick =shifty= :p Nawww we're totally coolz. :D

It looks like people really liked my WU. :r I think I am the better WU poster because this 'n00beh' post is better than your first WU post could ever be! :p

Isabella Chaos said:
3 girls against Nick =shifty= :p Nawww we're totally coolz. :D
And they're all completely infatuated with me. :shifty:
They may think they've got me under control, but they be wrongz. :tut:

Me, and my herd, support Nicolas. :arr: (And soon enough the Hufflepuff Quidditch Team will be supported in my signature. :r )

I vote Abby. :r Because clearly someone that uses 28 emoticons in one post has to win something. =))

Nice job on the WU Abby! :D

Taylor Mercer said:
I vote Abby. :r Because clearly someone that uses 28 emoticons in one post has to win something. =))

Nice job on the WU Abby! :D
:blink: I use more emotes than that most of the time.

You guys are all just sillay Nick haters :r

Andromeda Fiorelli said:
nice job Abby
wow just realized how much I did miss with being AWOL :(
Naw, you're not AWOL. xD
You were granted 'Official Leave' a while ago. :r

Great job on the WU Abs!!! And oober woots to the Admins for all the crazy stuff that happened this week (that I missed :p )

Yaye Abby!

Love the pink ^_^

Now.. I dunno about supreme Abby loving or sillay Nick hatin' but I so love me some Vince :p

Will I be shunned if I said I preferred Nick's Weekly updates?
*blinks*

....although Abby's is pretty good ^-^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back