Nick
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Curly Oak/Wenge 16" Essence of Feng-huang Tail Feather
The Weekly Update
Wow. It's Thursday and I'm posting this. Pretty much as late as it gets. I'm thinking about moving the day of the week I do these updates on, just to cater to my own schedule a little bit more. I'm not positive yet, however, so we'll see how things go in the next few weeks. I do apologize for this being posted so late, it just seemed one thing after another this week. First I was waiting for graphics to wrap up, then for Halloween to be posted, then HWA closed and I went in to admin mode to get that sorted out, I prioritized the Weekly Update all the way back to Thursday this week. :lawlz: So, don't hurt me, I am sorry... and enjoy the update! :D

Posting Landmark: Half a Million Posts!
On Monday of this week HNZ reached half a million posts on the board, which, if I may say so myself, is amazing! ^_^ :woot:
I took a screen capture to remember the landmark when it happened, to see the image just click here. :D
Great work, everybody. I don't think I could have ever imagined HNZ would be this active when I first joined, but here it is - active as can be. :D So keep up having a good time (I consider half a million posts to be half a million laughs HNZ has supplied - and I'd say that's pretty sweet). ;)

A "Welcome" is in order!
As I mentioned, this week HWA, another Harry Potter RPG, closed :( . However, the board linked to HNZ when it closed and I know several people have since moved over to HNZ and are getting settled in. ^_^ I'd like to say welcome to everybody who has joined HNZ from HWA. :D We've been in the process of trying to accommodate for you all in the past couple of days, and here are some key links for you:
[ul][li]Welcoming to HNZ/Discussion</LI>
[li]Accomodation Details/How to be sorted
[li]Site Documentations[/li][/ul]
Halloween Scary Story Competition!
HNZ is having its very first Halloween Scary Story Contest! An announcement has been posted explaining it here with all the proper links. :)
If you're interested in advertising this initiative around the board in your signature, feel free to use the following coding:
Code said:
Code:
[url=http://hogwartsnewzealand.com/forum/3005475/][img]http://z3.ifrm.com/108/12/0/p226257/ssc.png[/img][/url]
Graphics Competition #17: Closed
Congratulations to Kida Frost and Sephora Finette who tied for the Head Girl's Avatar graphics competition! The winning avatars were both added to the Hogwarts Avatar gallery on HNZ. :)
Kida's Entry | Sephora's Entry

Biography Section: Update
The Biography forum was recently updated so that Student Biographies are now separated out by house (this is for your convenience). There is now also a forum set up so that members of the "Family" user group can have their biographies all in one place. :)

Student Clubs:
There's lots about student clubs this update, so I've broken it down in to sub headings for your convenience.
New Student Clubs:
Over the past week several student clubs were merged in to two new student clubs. This was in an effort to generate more activity in clubs that do exist, and get rid of unused clubs. These new clubs are:
[ul][li]The Conglomerated Arts Club (Read More | Sign Up)
[li]Club Academia (Read More | Sign Up)[/li][/ul]
Duelling Club: Duelling Tournament!
The duelling club is trying to put together two duelling tournaments for Y8! Do you think your character would be interested? If you do, make sure to sign up!
[ul]Sign Up for Second through Fourth Years
[li]Sign Up for Fifth through Seventh Years[/li][/ul]
Hogwarts Yearbook (Accio): Photo Day!
The Hogwarts Yearbook staff have posted topics for you to post your character's 'pictures'. Instructions are in the topics. So if your character is at Hogwarts (student or professors) make sure to check it out! (Link)

Brightstone Village/Mākutu Mall Opening
Brightstone Village has opened for all students, and Mākutu Mall is now visible for third years and up. Both forums will disappear once more on October the 19[sup]th[/sup]! So make sure to wrap up all RPs and sales by then!

That's all I can figure for this week, but there's lots more coming up, so watch out!
Things to expect:
[ul][li]The Halloween Feast!
[li]Some awesome Halloween Story contest entries!
[li]Some new professors :shifty:
[li]Some evul MESSI schemes :o
[li]The Answer to that one question you've always wondered about...
<LI>[li]More NICK! :D (Yes, that needed a reprise.)[/li][/ul]

As always, should you have any questions/comments/concerns about this update, feel free to reply here! ^_^

I hope this meets all of you well,

~Nick
(On behalf of the HNZ Site Staff)

Yeah! If you look at the screen shot of the 500,000 post landmark, my mum Emer Laude is famous! (newest member)
P.S. I love Nick's current signature with Ron and Hermione all crying and sadfacey

Ollie Lowart said:
P.S. I love Nick's current signature with Ron and Hermione all crying and sadfacey
Too bad nobody else is paying it any notice. :glare:

Nicolas King said:
Ollie Lowart said:
That's cheerful. Also something is stretching the page. :lol:

Nicolas King said:
Ollie Lowart said:
I paid it notice.. I just don't like Potter xD

Poppy Jones said:
Nicolas King said:
Ollie Lowart said:
You're on IE, aren't you?
It was probably Ollie Lowart's siggy. Is it fixed now? ;)

Nicolas King said:
Poppy Jones said:
Nicolas King said:
Ollie Lowart said:
You're on IE, aren't you?
It was probably Ollie Lowart's siggy. Is it fixed now? ;)
Nope. The only thing stretching my page now is your spoiler.

Archived

This topic can no longer be considered 'news' but should rather be called 'olds'. It has thusly been archived.
If you have any questions or concerns involving this [former] news, please contact an administrator and keep looking for newer 'news' in the News and Updates forum.

Thank you,
~The HNZ Admin Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back