Nick
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Curly Oak/Wenge 16" Essence of Feng-huang Tail Feather
The Weekly Update
Sorry that this is so late - it would have been up earlier, but I wanted to make sure certain things were completed before this went up. :) So now that they're done - here's the weekly update! ^_^

Signature Rules
HNZ now has official rules on signature sizes etc. You can see these when you go to the page to edit your signature (here). They have been put in to effect to help users with slower internet speeds and smaller resolutions.
They've been up for a few days now, but you'll have until the end of this week to comply to them before members of our site staff will start to poke you with sticks until you comply. :shifty: :p
Graphics Competition: Voting
Quite a number of people took the time to enter this graphics competition - so I'd like to thank all the entrants for sharing their mad skills with us. :)
Now, though, it's time for us to vote. ^_^ So be sure to drop by the Graphics Competition Poll Topic and cast your vote for who deserves to win this graphics competition!
HNZ Wiki
As was announced and explained in an announcement HNZ now has a wiki, where we hope to see plot-detail pages, character biographies, descriptions of various locations and much much more. :) If you think you can help us to expand the wiki we would be more than happy if you did. ^_^
Site Calendar: Updated
The site calendar has been updated with all dates for Y8 (and for sorting of Y9) - so if you were unsure of when exams, or the Yule Ball, or anything like that would be - it's all up there now! ^_^
Notice for Shopkeepers
Previously the sales receipt automated form was not operating properly in internet explorer 7 (receipts were not sent in). This issue should now be resolved (though the form still doesn't say that it was sent) - you're all invited to submit a test receipt from whatever browser you are using (with browser information in the notes section) so I can see if things are working how they should be.

Week 2 (lessons)
Week two of lessons began this week - so this is just another reminder that the school year has started and that students should be posting in lessons (and of course, Professors should be posting lessons).
Y7 Yearbook (Accio)
That's right! The Y7 Yearbook has been completed and is ready for you to see! ^_^
You can view the yearbook by clicking here - it will also be added to the library topic of yearbook links. :)
The Hogwarts Yearbook has been named Accio by the Yearbook committee - so each 'year' on HNZ a new issue of "Accio" will come out. :D
Finally, I'd like to extend a giant thank you to everybody on the site who submitted pictures and voted in superlatives to help make the yearbook happen, and an even gianter thank you to the yearbook team who put it all together. :D
Mākutu Mall
Mākutu Mall ("Mākutu" is Maori for "Magic") is the newest shopping locale in New Zealand!
These new forums were created in response to the outpouring of a bunch of different requests we've been receiving (for new places to roleplay, for shopkeepers wanting to open new shops but Brightstone and Obsidian are already quite full etc.), so we figured the Mākutu would be a good reply.
A lot of different types of shops, and forums, will be going in to the mall - plus, older students (third years and up) will get to visit the mall on three seperate days throughout the school year (around the same time as 'Brightstone Weekends').
Below is a brief analysis of the Mall:
About the Mall
Mākutu Mall was established in August of 2023, after much planning by its current owner - Dorian Fletchwood. "Mākutu" is a Maori word which means "magic" or "witchcraft" and Dorian felt it an appropriate name for the mall.

Mākutu Mall is located outside of the small muggle town of Picton on South Island in New Zealand and exists to service the growing Wizarding Community within New Zealand. Its growing number of vendors all specialize in their areas of sales, and many items sold within the mall are not sold anywhere else in New Zealand. In order to prevent detection by Muggles, the mall appears to be a small, condemned, building on the outside and very few Muggles ever notice it at all.

In September of 2023 Dorian contacted the Headpeople of Hogwarts New Zealand and set up a system with them where third year students (and older) would be permitted to ride a ferry across to South Island for a day of shopping at the mall three times a year. One of the locales of the mall is a small "lounge" type area, so students especially can find relief from the many stresses of life at a Wizarding Academy.

Dorian plans to continue his expansion of the mall, and finding more vendors to come on board in his exciting entrepreneurial ambition.
The mall is currently visible to adult/wizarding world characters only, and is hiring for several positions, including:
[ul][li]Information Desk Attendant</LI>
[li]A keeper for the Mākutu Dinette (Click to Apply) Position Filled!
[li]An owner for Vibez clothing (Click to Apply)Position Filled!
[li]An owner for Mākutu Music (Click to Apply) Position Filled!
<LI>[li]An owner for The Card Shoppe (Click to Apply)[/li][/ul]
Any current shopkeepers interested in moving their shop to Mākutu Mall may personal message me with their reasoning and we'll discuss the idea. :)

I surely missed some things, but that's alright.

If you have any questions or concerns about this update please post them here and they will be addressed. :) Thank you all for your patience with this and I hope you all enjoy the yearbook and the new forums. :)

'Till next update,

~Nick
(On behalf of the HNZ Site Staff)

Oh my gosh, wow the year book is so awesome. But no teaching staff page? D:

:shifty: Beat them with a stick. :lol:
I guess not. :lol: Maybe it'll be tacked on to the end later? This yearbook was rather stressful in some respects, I know, but a lot easier in others, so it's possible that the page just slipped some minds. :)

Andromeda Fiorelli said:
we did the best we could - actually don't think there was a post for profs to post up pics :ummmm:
Can I still poke you with sticks, though? :D

I'm just gonna wait until you start poking me with sticks to comply with the new signature rules. Mainly because I don't know how big 350 pixels is, or 500px by 300px. :p

Otherwise, good job on everything! :hug:

@Can I still poke you with sticks, though?

Urgh. That's almost as worse as Tony waving his glittering magic stick... :glare:

as worse as? o_O teh grammarz ish gut :p

Sweet, so JR's signature is fine - dunno about Beau's :shy:

I think we all need to get our minds out of the gutter. :tut:

Professor Aurora Merrythought said:
Think wrong, you do. :tony: :linda:
:r

Nicolas King said:
Think wrong, you do. :tony: :linda:
:r
Blame Beth! She's poisoned my mind! :shy:

If I wish to skip about with my ribboned sticks ejecting glitter, then I will. :correct:

=))

Awesome yearbook by the way. Well done everyone! :hug:

Blame me?! Hmph. Only if I get an award.

Tony- Stop it. You're making it worse. :lawlz:

The Yearbook is AWESOME!!! :wub: Thanks for all of the hard work you guys put into it.

Oh my gosh, wow the year book is so awesome. But no teaching staff page? D:
Yeah.... that was my bad. A thread was posted for pictures, but only like 5 professors actually posted pictures and I was actually having problems figuring out who taught what. With the multiple professors for each subject, professors leaving, professors changing subjects and whatever, it was just too much hassle to try and figure it out in that last week to post a big list of names ..... this is something I will pick back up, plan better and get done for the Y8 yearbook.

Also thanks for the kind comments, I know that I personally keep doing the yearbook year after year to see you all enjoy it... that's my favourite part!

Archived

This topic can no longer be considered 'news' but should rather be called 'olds'. It has thusly been archived.
If you have any questions or concerns involving this [former] news, please contact an administrator and keep looking for newer 'news' in the News and Updates forum.

Thank you,
~The HNZ Admin Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back