Nick
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Curly Oak/Wenge 16" Essence of Feng-huang Tail Feather
The Weekly Update

Hey all. :) Last week there was no update for a handful of reasons, the first being that nothing really happened around HNZ - most of the week was focused solely on sorting. The more major reason, however, was that it was my first weekend after going back to school and things were crazy enough without having to try to worry about scrambling to put this together. So, without further ado, the weekly update that's actually covering two weeks worth of happenings. :r

Emoticon Story Competition: Closed
HNZ's Emoticon Story Competition closed last Saturday with Jesse having been voted the winner! :) Congratulations to Jesse and thanks to everybody who participated in the competition. ^_^ An extra-special thank you goes to Tony who made Jesse his prize which has been added to HNZ's set of emoticons. :) </I>
Code:
:jesse:
is the shortcut for this emoticon: :jesse:
Graphics Competition:
MESSI has opened another Graphics Competition here for the creation of an avatar. :) So, if you fancy yourself to have any artistic ability at all, or think you might be able to do this, enter and try your hand at winning. ^_^ I'm sure that crown would look excellent beside your username. ;)
HNZ Secret Project
As many of you may be away (if you're following HNZ on Twitter especially[/url] that we took on a secret project over the past week for HNZ. Here are a few hints as to what it was:
[ul][li]It has been suggested before</LI>
[li]It's quite awesome
[li]We'll need everybody's help in its development
[li]... did I say it's awesome?[/li][/ul]
Know what it is? No? Well, alright, I'll just tell you then. ;)
Read More...
Site Staff Changes
HNZ has a new global moderator! ^_^ YAY! Make sure to read <I>this announcement and congratulate him/her/it. :r
Site Back-End Improvements
In the past two weeks a handful of changes have occurred to how things are done around the site (for both Shopkeepers and Gringotts Goblins). A semi-automated system (similar to the application pages and the sorting form) has been put in place so that both new Gringotts accounts and Sale Receipts are processed as quickly as possible. :)
We're always looking for ways to update how things are done on HNZ and make them simpler for everybody. If you have a suggestion for a system that needs updating somehow to make it easier on you or somebody else please don't hesitate to send an administrator a PM. :)

Sorting
Sorting has been going pretty smoothly over the past two weeks, but alas - sorting time is almost up! So if you haven't already: submit your sorting forms and get sorted! Sorting will be closing mid-week (around Wednesday) of this week. After that point no more applications/forms for sorting or transferring will be accepted, read, or processed in any manner. :)
Y8 begins on Monday!
That's right! Y8 (and thusly classes) begin again on Monday (that's tomorrow for most of you ^_^ ). Professors make sure ot have classes up on time, and students make sure to post in classes as you can. :)
With the start of Y8 comes the end of holidays. This means that the holiday forums will also be closing (I plan to close them around mid-week as well to allow for any sales to be finished up in the next few days).
Finally: A "Start of the Year Feast" topic will be posted some time tomorrow which you're all invited to post in and have your character attend. ;)
Plot Highlights
Check out the following plots sent in by members. ^_^
[ul][li]Unwanted Company which is followed up by Unwanted News
[li]Important Meeting - Death Eaters and ghosts?! Oh my!
[li]It seems also to be the seasons of weddings on HNZ! Check out Joseph's and Nataliia's Wedding, Remus and Pearl's Wedding along with Change in Surname and finally Professor Burke's and Raziel Black's Wedding.
<LI>[li]And with all this new love we do need to read some love finding its end. No love, no glory, no happy ending[/li][/ul]

Have any plots you think should be highlighted in an update? Make sure to send in the namme of the plot, a summary, and a link in a PM to any admin! ^_^

That appears to be it for the past two weeks! ^_^ An excel document containing sorting information is once again attached to this update. :) Thank you all for taking the time to read this, and I hope it met you well! :)

~Nick
(On behalf of the HNZ Site Staff)

As always, if you have any questions or concerns about this update you're free to reply to this topic! ^_^

Archived

This topic can no longer be considered 'news' but should rather be called 'olds'. It has thusly been archived.
If you have any questions or concerns involving this [former] news, please contact an administrator and keep looking for newer 'news' in the News and Updates forum.

Thank you,
~The HNZ Admin Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back