Nick
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Curly Oak/Wenge 16" Essence of Feng-huang Tail Feather
The Weekly Update

Hi all. :) This week has been a little bit quieter on HNZ as we prepare for the end of Y7 and the beginning of Y8, but here's a synopsis of what did happen during the week.

Graphics Competition #16
Voting for our 16th graphics competition closed with Lemina Troque (Emily) being crowned the winner. :) Congratulations, Emily!
The winning userbar was:
a4wped.jpg

Emoticon Story Competition
Make sure to HNZ's first (and only) Emoticon Story Competition! You can read all the details in this topic, but it's definitely worth trying to enter (especially if you want your own nifty emoticon :r ). So check it out today!! :D
ZetaBoards Upgrade
As explained in this announcement ZetaBoards released an update this past week which came with many new features (and bug fixes) but also caused a few problems for us here on HNZ. Most of those problems have since been resolved and all site coding has been added back to the board. :)
You can read about the update in-depth in this topic, however here are the highlights for HNZ:

Shoutbox
As I'm sure most of you have noticed - a shoutbox has been added to the index page of HNZ. This shoutbox is currently in beta testing and not without its issues, but more features will be coming for it in time. :) Enjoy it and treat it nicely and it'll stay on the index. :)

Automerge
Doubleposts in topics before 24 hours of the last post are now set to merge into one post. After 24 hours they will remain two separate posts. :)

Spoiler Tags
You can now add a title to your spoiler tags!
Example:
yay! :woot:
Code:
[spoiler=Spoiler Titles]yay! :woot: [/spoiler]

Image Resizing
Is an image really large? You can resize it using the baord
Code:
[img]
tag! :) Just use this format:
Code:
[img=width,height]image url[/img]
Example:
sitebanner.jpg

Code:
[img=400,100]http://z5.ifrm.com/9058/177/0/f5006894/sitebanner.jpg[/img]

BBCode Buttons
New BBCode buttons and the ability to control BBCode buttons was also added in this update, so that's why the order of BBCode buttons has changed in the past week. :)
I've also added a handful of fonts to the default ZB font dropdown list. If there's a font you'd like to see added to that dropdown shoot me a PM. ^_^

In Character Superlatives
Voting closed for IC Superlatives this past week. :) Thank you to everybody who took the time to vote and look forward to seeing who won what categories in the Y7 Yearbook! :D
Now Hiring!
Hogwarts is currently hiring for the position of Arithmancy Professor. If you are interested in applying check out the application area here.
A shopkeeper for Scribulus Everchanging Inks is also required, if you are interested in that position for your character you can apply here. :)
Professor Promotion
Professor Burke is the new Slytherin Head of House! :D Congratulations, Professor Burke, I'm sure you'll do an excellent job and be welcomed warmly (or coldly, if that's better in Slytherin :r ) by your new subjects house. :D
Hogwarts Graduation Ceremony
HNZ's first ever graduation ceremony will be held this Tuesday (tomorrow)! It will be open for several days so we can get this done correctly. All students set to graduate have received a personal message containing crucial information regarding graduation.
The student body at large will not be present at graduation. All professors will be invited/in attendance and each graduate has been allowed to invite three guests. When the ceremony opens those guests will be sent their invitation and receive spell permissions to RP in the ceremony. :)
Here's to HNZ's seventh years as they move on to bigger and (definitely not) better things! :) I'm sure they'll be missed in the castle but thankfully many of them will still be lurking the site. :wub:
Hogwarts: Wrapping Up Y7
Exams for all years will be posted next Monday (or sooner) and will be closed next Wednesday evening. This week is for any student characters to catch up as need be before exams. :)
Some time after graduation all current students will be promoted to their next user group (first years to second years, second years to third years, to-be prefects to prefects etc.). When this happens will likely be before exams. Please remember to take exams, and to do the exams of the year of your character in Y7 (so though your group would have changed to second years, still send in the first years exam ;) ). This will be done in order to allow sorting to be opened sooner.
Which brings me at last to...
Sorting
Sorting has been moved up to open before the eleventh of September. An exact date has not yet been determined, but it could be as early as the sixth of September if all goes well!
More instructions on sorting will be posted as soon as sorting is officially opened. :) We're so close I can smell it. ;)
A note, however: When your character is sorted their usergroup will allow them to post in the school, please do not post in the school until Y7 is officially wrapped up (exams etc. are over). Numerous reminders will be posted around the site to remind you all of this.

That's all I could think of!
Thank you all for taking the time to read this update. :D Most of the excitement is coming up this week and next, so get ready for some awesome times! :D (Graduation, sorting, lots and lots more! :D )

If you have anything to add to this update, or any comments about it, you're always free to reply to this topic. :)

~Nick
(On behalf of the HNZ Admin Team)

Oh my gosh wow! It's so packed with stuff going on. :o
I'm soo excited!
*dies of excitement*
*comes back to life*
I am actually a giant fish named brenda wenda!

:lol: We might just have to find out what the Slytherins think about their new Head of House :r

Yay! I'm excited :woot: ! Although now the opening of sorting will be an early birthday present to me, instead of happening on my actual birthday. :lol:

This week has seen a lot of changes and one of these which didn't get posted until after the News and Updates post had been posted was this... A thought or a prayer
basically MESSI have given this the thumbs up for all of you. It is a thought provoking thread whereby any member of the site can post something that is affecting them, whether it be happy or sad, frustrating or maddening, so we as a community can rally round and give encouragement, a thoughtful word, a prayer, a wink ... anything to let you know that you're part of something bigger and no matter how insignificant you or your worries or joys might feel, always know that here on HNZ they and you especially mean alot to us.

post about anything from exams to a dental visit, to simply not opening the carton of milk right and spilling it all over you. This thread is simply to let you know that we are here for you.

;) :hug:

another added update...

I don't know if any of you saw the latest youtube piece by Joyce but she's done a site commercial / recruitment piece. Tis great and I'm not saying that because Andy got a mention :r: it really is great ;)

thanks again for this Joyce

YOUTUBE HNZ

Just watched the youtube vid. very nice! lol xD It's awesome xD

Archived

This topic can no longer be considered 'news' but should rather be called 'olds'. It has thusly been archived.
If you have any questions or concerns involving this [former] news, please contact an administrator and keep looking for newer 'news' in the News and Updates forum.

Thank you,
~The HNZ Admin Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back