OOC First Name
Nick
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Curly Oak/Wenge 16" Essence of Feng-huang Tail Feather
It's a bit late, but that's no matter. :p I figure it's best to have a fair amount to put in the update than just put up what's pretty obvious. :p
Oh, and in case anybody was wondering, I use international standards (ISO 8601) in order to post the dates for these updates. :r (YYYY/MM/DD) Largest to smallest makes sense, doesn't it? :p

Writing Competition #3
Congratulations to Lexi (Professor Aurora Merrythought), for having won the third writing competition on HNZ! You can check out how voting went here. I'd like to extend another thank you to everybody who took the time to enter. :D All the entries were awesome (and better than I could ever do -_-; ). :D
Graphics Competition #16 - Voting
Voting for our sixteenth graphics competition opened on Saturday and will be closing on Tuesday! If you haven't already - please take the time to vote. :) You can find the poll here.
Three new user groups!
With a fourth on the way?

Three new user groups have been added to HNZ, along with two new forums. The usergroups are:
[ul][li]Durmstrang</LI>
[li]Beauxbatons
[li]Other Employee[/li][/ul]
If you have a character who you roleplay as attending Durmstrang or Beauxbatons please PM me with them and I'll put them in the appropriate group. New forums (one for each school) have been made for students to RP together. This site's focus is still HNZ, but that doesn't mean we can't have other RPing opportunities open. There will be no professor characters/classes/structure to the other schools - they'll just be two forums for RPs by students attending those schools. :)

As to the 'other employee' group, many members have expressed the desire for a group other than 'members' to have their account put on (if they work for something else, not the ministry). So, this group has been made. Any Daily Prophet workers, or employees of other non-ministry things can PM me to have their usergroup altered. :)
New Webpage
A new webpages has been added to HNZ (courtesy of a suggestion from Tony) that basically contains all essential documentation in one place. Click here to check it out. :)

If there is a documentation missing that you feel should be added - just shoot me a PM!

Professor Changes
Professor Aurora Merrythought is now Hufflepuff HoH in place of former professor Belladonna Weiss. Hufflepuffs, make her feel welcome. :) All other students - don't be too mean. She's only a Hufflepuff, after all. ;)
Sean Eastmen has been hired to teach Astronomy in the place of Professor Merrythought.
Keep an eye on the Professor Applications forum, another spot may be opening up soon!
In Character Superlatives - Voting
In-Character Superlatives voting has opened! Read through this topic to learn how to vote! :)
Quidditch!
Quidditch wrapped up two more games this past week:
In Hufflepuff v. Slytherin (http://hogwartsnewzealand.com/topic/7194171/) Hufflepuff pulled off a victory, despite Slytherin's attempts to cheat their way into a victory.
In Gryffindor v. Ravenclaw (http://hogwartsnewzealand.com/topic/7194167/) Ravenclaw won in a stroke of luck.
The Daily Prophet
Another issue of the Daily Prophet has been released with some very exciting stories! Read through it at your leisure here. Thank you to everybody who took the time to put it together! You're all awesome. :wub:
Plots at a glance:
[ul][li]Curiosity Gets The Better Of Us - [Student Visable]
A group of students wander into Borely Mansion!
[li]Ekky's first day - [Student Visable]
A house elf RP. ^_^ [/li][/ul]
Thank you to Jess who pointed these plots out last week. Have a plot that you think should be mentioned? Send a link to me. :)
Brightstone: Closing
Brightstone Village will be closing at some point tomorrow from students. Make sure to wrap up your RPs!
Classes
This week starts week 6 of classes! That means exams are coming up quick (and graduation for our seventh years)! Make sure to post in any classes you've missed and get ready for classes!

That's it for this past week! If there is anything I missed, or got wrong, or whatever, just reply to this topic with it. :) [Note: Ravenclaw won on a stroke of luck, and that isn't anything I got wrong. ;) ]

Things to expect for next week:
[ul][li]Possibly a usergroup for Hogwarts Scotland students?
[li]The winner from the 16th Graphics Competition being announced!
[li]Another competition or two
[li]The end of IC Superlatives voting (You'll have to wait for the yearbook to know the results, though. :r )
<LI>[li]Other stuff that I can't think of right now. :D [/li][/ul]

'Till next update :)

~Nick
(On behalf of the HNZ Admin Team)

Archived

This topic can no longer be considered 'news' but should rather be called 'olds'. It has thusly been archived.
If you have any questions or concerns involving this [former] news, please contact an administrator and keep looking for newer 'news' in the News and Updates forum.

Thank you,
~The HNZ Admin Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back