Nick
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Curly Oak/Wenge 16" Essence of Feng-huang Tail Feather
Hello all! :D
I am pleased to announce the first weekly update in a while that is on-time (according to EDT ;) ).
I'd like to extend another thank-you to all the members on HNZ who've been more than patient with myself, Livvy, and even Linda, as we went about different things in our own lives and just tried to keep things balanced on here until we could all be on and actually start doing things again. ;) HNZ is kicking back into gear from our end and hopefully it shows in this update!

HNZ Twitter
An announcement was posted this past week regarding HNZ's official Twitter feed with a request attached to it for any users on HNZ who either:
[ol][li]Tweet about HNZ occasionally from their personal Twitter
or</LI>
[li]Have a twitter account for your HNZ character[/li][/ol]So if you haven't read that announcement please take the time to do so now! (Link to the full announcement)
Biographies
We've recent selected a new person to check and maintain the Biography section of HNZ. You should already see some changes in organization of the section and I trust any questionable biographies will be picked up and dealt with soon.
There has been a new pinned topic posted by Bio Assistance requesting that any characters with posted biographies update theirs to be up-to-date and following the recommended format for biographies. You can read the full announcement/request here. :)
As more biographies are updated hopefully the character spotlight will be returning soon.
Character Development
New guidelines for giving and receiving feed back for character development has been posted in the proper forum. [ul][li]Giving Feedback [li]Receiving Feedback[/li][/ul]
Writing Competition #3
Voting for HNZ's third writing competition (Here) will be closing this Tuesday. If you have not voted already please take the time out to do so. :)
Graphics Competition #16
HNZ's sixteenth Graphics Competition was posted this past week with the challenge to create a userbar for HNZ. The competition will be closing on this Friday - so if you're graphically/artistically inclined and this competition interests you - give it a go! ^_^
New (Custom) Emoticons!
As many of you have likely noticed by now, HNZ has new emoticons on it. This set of emoticons were custom-made for HNZ by Tony, so if you love the new emoticons as much as many of us seem to feel free to show your =wub= of them in this topic, or just send Tony a simple 'Thank-You' PM. :wink:

Professor Changes
Professor Weiss will be leaving HNZ ( :( ) and Professor Merrythought will be taking on the post as Muggle Studies Professor. As such, we are hiring for the position of Astronomy Professor. All (or most of) the lessons are prepared and just need editing. :) If you're interested in role-playing a professor character and think that this post might suit you apply here.
In Character Superlatives
In-Character Superlative nominations for HNZ Y7 have opened! Professor and student characters can make their nominations now. The nomination forum can be found here. :)
Also feel free to express your thanks to our very hard working yearbook team when you make your nominations. ;) They'll see your comments and I'm sure they'll make them smile. Gratitude for the mostly thankless job they're doing. ;)
Electives
Second year student characters should now have been contacted about choosing electives for their third year. Second years - please take the time out to select electives so we can set things up for next 'year'. If you have not been contacted or missed the meeting just contact your Head of House and they'll help you out!
Quidditch!
After the last 'round' of very successful Quidditch matches another set is under-way! Check out the games:
[ul][li]Hufflepuff V. Slytherin
and
[li]Gryffindor V. Ravenclaw[/li][/ul] Also remember to cheer on your house team at the proper set of stands!
[ul][li]</COLOR>
Code:
[S]
- http://hogwartsnewzealand.com/topic/7194183/
[li]<COLOR color="darkgoldenrod">[H] - http://hogwartsnewzealand.com/topic/7194184/
[li][G] - http://hogwartsnewzealand.com/topic/7194182/
[li][R] - http://hogwartsnewzealand.com/topic/7194181/ [/li][/ul]
Plots (At A Glance)
This is a section we'd like to add to the weekly update to regularly highlight cool, funny, serious, amazing plots that we do have weekly (probably daily) on HNZ. ;) The trouble becomes Admin finding all those plots and putting them together for the week. So - do you have a plot that you think deserves highlighting? Did you read somebody else's RP that you think should have recognition? If so, just send a PM to an Admin with a link to the RP and maybe a brief explanation to why it shouldn't highlighted and each week we'll choose a handful to highlight. ;)
If this section becomes popular enough a form may be created for it and submissions can be automated through a webpage. :)

That's it for this week!
Now, what you can look forward to in the week to come:
[ul][li]Tony has promised to make us more fancy emoticons!
[li]Competitions wrapping up!
[li]New competitions starting!
[li]More Quidditch Excitement!!
[li]Some crazy OOC chat
<LI>[li]So much more that I can't even fathom it all! :shock: [sup]*[/sup] [/li][/ul][sup]*[/sup] Alright, I have one neat idea for a new page to add to HNZ - but I'm not sure how it'll work out yet so shhhh!

Until next week!

~Nick
(On behalf of the HNZ Staff)

Awesome job on the update. ^_^ Is it nerdy that I love reading these things? :lol:

Tony, thank you for the great emotes! :lawlz: and :linda: are my two favorites (and I'll be sure to overuse these in all my OOC posts. :tut: ) =wub=

Estrella Drage said:
Is it nerdy that I love reading these things? :lol:
Maybe nerdy - maybe proof of your lack of a life? :tut:

Nicolas King said:
Estrella Drage said:
Is it nerdy that I love reading these things? :lol:
Maybe nerdy - maybe proof of your lack of a life? :tut:
Most likely both. o_O

I liked to read it too. It's a nice up-date. :lawlz:
Tony, thank you for the great emotes!
=wub=
Alright, I have one neat idea for a new page to add to HNZ - but I'm not sure how it'll work out yet so shhhh!
Tony knows what this is. :shock: :r:

Archived

This topic can no longer be considered 'news' but should rather be called 'olds'. It has thusly been archived.
If you have any questions or concerns involving this [former] news, please contact an administrator and keep looking for newer 'news' in the News and Updates forum.

Thank you,
~The HNZ Admin Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back