Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Curly Oak/Wenge 16" Essence of Feng-huang Tail Feather
A Few Reminders:

(1) Site Policy
Please Have Some Netiquette:
The HNZ Netiquette Guide is a set of instructions which we feel will foster a healthy and growing community on HNZ. So we ask you to please read them over if you haven't already and try to abide by them. They aren't rules per se, but they shouldn't be too hard to adhere to, it's just manners for the forum. You don't have to have manners, but it's nice if you do. Then, of course, if you're found to have too few manners... then there could be trouble. :oy:

Back Seat Moderation:
This is just a friendly reminder that if you're not a moderator of a forum don't moderate it! This is called "Back Seat Moderation" and is against Board Rules! Read More...

(2) Linda - Global Moderator:
A few weeks ago Linda (Andromeda) was brought on board as a Global Moderator for HNZ. Not an Administrator. There has been a little bit of confusion about what she does and what her role is here, and now that we've sorted some of that out we'd like to share it with you.

Linda does:
[ul][li]Help the Admin out, giving feedback and ideas when necessary</LI>
[li]Patrol topics and find rule breakers - bringing them to the attention of the Administrators
[li]Preform odd tasks here and there (like posting announcements or making graphics that we may need) as the situations pop up[/li][/ul]Linda does not:
[ul][li]Change account details or settings (including user group)
[li]Warn members or necessarily have a say in what happens when members are warned/when punishment is lifted
[li]Approve plots, special abilities, hire new staff, look at applications
[li]Open/Close forums, have access to the Admin CP at all etc.[/li][/ul]So, please do not send messages to both Admin and Linda regarding the same issue as chances are Linda likely doesn't have anything to do with what your PM is asking about. Anything you'd need to contact Linda specifically about it's likely best you use the report feature for anyhow (She can then close the topic and bring it to Administrative attention). :)

(3) Professors & Students:
Week Six of classes is starting on Monday! Professors, please be sure you're caught up in posting and marking lessons - if you need help just PM me (Cecily) and I'll see what I can do. ^_^
Students, this is just reminding you that once Week 6 is done you have a week to catch up on lessons, then it's exams!
Signature Spoilers:
Signature Spoilers were getting excessively long, up to 2000 pixels in height. So now spoilers in signatures will only display up to 300 pixels (in height) of content. Read More...
Writing Competition - Voting:
Voting has opened in our second writing competition and we need your votes! :D Click Here to Check it Out!
Father's Day
It's Father's Day in much of the world right now, and we'd like to thank all the father's on HNZ for being such great Dads to their kids. ;) If it weren't for people like you none of us would be who we are today. So great work, dads. ;) More Father's Day Wishes...
Two New Pages Added to HNZ:
A page for you to make your mark from where you live in the world has been added to HNZ here. You can load up the page then put a marker for where you live, this will give us some sort of idea of where everybody is from. ^_^
As we do have so many different people from different areas of the world on here, and time zones can be confusing, I have also added a World Clock webpage for your convenience.
Both are linked to at the bottom of the index page under where it says "Mar 28 2009, 09:12 PM, a record 86 users were online.".
Character Spotlight:
Congratulations to Abbey Lurken for having been chosen as this fortnight's spotlighted character!
Her biography can be found here, her relationships thread is here and her character development thread here. (Read On...)

Quick Plots:
Here are the highlights that we, as the Admin, have seen in the RPs over the past week. :D
[ul][li]No Retreat, No Surrender - A duel between Andromeda Fiorelli and Bruin Dumbledez that picked up quite the OOC following. Note: The No Retreat, No Surrender Poll. [Student Visible]
[li]Death Eater Party - Death Eaters celebrate... something? [Not Student Visible]
[li]"Pulling the Trigger" - Tristan Drage discovers he has been under the effects of a Love Potion. :o [Not Student Visible]
And now for an RP that I can see having potential for the next week:
<LI>[li]Rumors - The effects of the Gossip magazine [Student Visible][/li][/ul]

The coming week should be a quieter one in the way of major site events, but the week after will be full of excitement once more. :)
And now, with my cat swatting at a fly which she has trapped by my window, I bid you adieu in this update.

As always, if you have any questions or concerns about this update simply reply to this topic. :)

~Nick
(On behalf of the HNZ Admin Team)

Archived

This topic can no longer be considered 'news' but should rather be called 'olds'. It has thusly been archived.
If you have any questions or concerns involving this [former] news, please contact an administrator and keep looking for newer 'news' in the News and Updates forum.

Thank you,
~The HNZ Admin Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back