OOC First Name
Nick
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Curly Oak/Wenge 16" Essence of Feng-huang Tail Feather
Late again, I know, but this has been a slower week on the site and a busy week in real life. Sorry. :(

MESSI:
MESSI has finished recruiting and you can view its list of members here. We'd like to thank everybody who took the time to apply to be a part of MESSI, we received several applications and only decided we'd only accept four. So if you weren't picked this time we may take another look at your application next 'round'.
To people in MESSI: Get yourselves in gear and check out the MESSI forum. :ph43r:
Summer Raffle:
The Summer Raffle closed this past Saturday and we'd like to congratulate the second-place winner Charlie Linus along with the grand-prize winner Arianna Perry. :D
Thanks to everybody who participated in the raffle, we may have them more frequently if interest keeps up. :D
Graphics Challenge #14:
Congratulations are extended to Lemina Troque who won our fourteenth Graphics Competition with this avatar entry. I've yet to add all the entries to our HNZ Avatar Gallery - but that is something you can look forward to. :)
Writing Competition:
HNZ's second writing competition is taking place now in this thread. You're invited to take part in it and make it as awesome as it can be. This being a board full of creative writers I hope we can get quite a few entries and make it a real competition. ^_^
Changes from the Back-End:
While I said this week was a slow one on HNZ that wasn't entirely true. Several changes have been made on the Admin/Site Staff side of things which will making running the board much easier for us. These changes won't effect you directly necessarily, but they will speed up the time in which Admin reply to plot approval requests among other things. Here are the highlights from our back-end improvements:
[ul][li]The Admin Forum is now cleaner! I can find things again! :D</LI>
[li]A new system has been put in place for Cecily and I to discuss plot requests; this will make things easier than waiting for each other on IM or fumbling about with the PM system.
[li]The Staff Forum has become messier! There are more topics in the staff forum now, which means we'll hopefully be utilizing Linda and her being a global moderator a lot more. :)
[li]Some new auto-tools were added to the board which will make moderation even easier (which some of you spied me testing :shifty: ). :D
<LI>[li]Old forums have been obliterated, quite literally, while preserving all the old threads. So now all the hidden from sight forums of yesteryear are gone, making the AdminCP less cluttered as well. :)[/li][/ul]
Those are just a handful of the things I can recall, and they may not seem like much but I think they'll make a huge difference from our end. :)

Halloween Feast:
The Halloween Feast opened this week and will be closing tomorrow. :(
We'd like to congratulate all members whose characters were listed as costume contest winners. :D
Funniest Costume: Liberty Barnett, Larissa Sedgwick and Robert Kain
Cutest Costume: Sukie Takahiro
Scariest Costume : Professor Tom Fletcher
Most Creative Costume : Angel Brookes
Best Costume: Carmen Peregrin

Brightstone closed this evening, too, so sorry if you had open RPs - but you had been warned. :oy:

So there you have it, the past week and a bit. :D

If you have any comments/questions/concerns about this update feel free - as always - to reply to this topic. :D

~Nick
(On behalf of the HNZ Admin Team)

Archived

This topic can no longer be considered 'news' but should rather be called 'olds'. It has thusly been archived.
If you have any questions or concerns involving this [former] news, please contact an administrator and keep looking for newer 'news' in the News and Updates forum.

Thank you,
~The HNZ Admin Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back