OOC First Name
Nick
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Curly Oak/Wenge 16" Essence of Feng-huang Tail Feather
This week has been a big one for HNZ in a number of ways. This is another one of the larger weekly updates. :)

Battle of the Boards:
As you should all be aware by now HNZ won the ZetaBoards Battle of the Boards! Our prize has yet to be told to us but when it is I will ensure I inform you lot.
Come and celebrate with us in this thread! <:p
Site Documentation:
Some giant changes and updates have been made to site documentation over the past week. Here are some of the highlights:
[ul][li]FAQ
A Quick FAQ topic has been posted with a more complete and up-to-date set of FAQ and their answers.
If you know of anything that should be added to the FAQ documentation feel free to personal message myself.</LI>
[li]Netiquette
A Guide to Netiquette has been posted in the 'Rules' section of HNZ. The majority of the points in the topic are not rules per se but are strongly recommended that they be adhered to.
The Netiquette document is still undergoing some revisions, please be patient as I try to make it as cohesive as I can make it.
[li]Application Forums
Probably one of the less exciting pieces of documentation that got updated but they needed updating nonetheless. Now when somebody applies to be a professor or near any other position we will, ideally, know if they should or should not be hired and if they'll have the time for the character.[/li][/ul]

Recruiting Contest Results Posted (At last):
The results for HNZ's pre-Y6 recruiting contest were posted this week with Henric Lee winning the competition. :D He has received a star next to his username for a week as his grand prize, all the participates are choosing between galleons or house points for their participation prizes.
Coding at a Glance:
[ul][li]Our previous hover-over members legend has been removed as per the default ZetaBoards members legend being more than sufficient.
[li]The 'Find Stuff' link added in a previous week has been removed as the 'search' link at the top of the board now links directly to custom search.
[li]A New Code has been installed to freeze user's post counts with whatever number or text an Admin sets it to.
An example can be seen In user Anonymous' profile where the value beside "Posts:" simply reads "Secret". This new code will not only be used for silly inside jokes but also as punishment for those users who put too much stock in post count. :glare:
I'm fighting this evil one step at a time. [/li][/ul]

Board Chat Room:
As some of you know and some of you do not HNZ has had a chatbox of sorts for a fair while now. It's always been tucked away underneath the off topic board in a redirection forum. Now that chatbox has disappeared and a new IRC chat room has taken its place.
You may view the room first hand here. This new chat is very improved on the old one and hopefully it'll be fairly active. :)

HNZ Trivia Contest:
Today is the final full day to submit answers to questions 5 through 7 of the HNZ Trivia Contest.
The winners of the competition will be announced on Monday.

Affiliates:
HNZ now has two more boards affiliated with it, both of which you can view on our Affiliates page.

Halloween Feast:
The Halloween Feast closed this past week after the awards for costumes were posted. For those of you who may have missed the awarding here it is again, just for you:
I'd like to start by thanking everybody for entering and voting in the Halloween Costume Contest!
Now, here are the results:
Winners by Category said:
Cutest Costume:
Njord Aesir
vfuyxg.jpg

Scariest Costume:
Funniest Costume:

Most Creative Costume:

Best Costume:
Heta Omega girls Violet Bellamy, (Autumn Gwin), Rhyspa Aireous, Lily Potter, Kailey Paramore, Estrella Drage & Zazuka Bones
sailorscouts.jpg

I'd also like to thank Violet Bellamy for tabulating these results for us. :) As a result she will receive the Ballot Pumpkin's icon beside her name for a week (
96jh9d.gif
). :)
Congratulations to all the winners once more! :D

Hogwarts Staff Openings:
At least two more positions are now open to be applied for in the Application Centre. One is a position as a nurse and the other a librarian. We need active staff members, so please don't apply if you don't feel that account will remain active. :)

Lessons:
Tomorrow starts week six of semester one classes on HNZ. That means this is the last 'week' of any classes your characters have in semester one before exams. If you're interested in doing lessons and helping your house win the house cup now is your chance to post some role plays to lessons!

Still to come on HNZ:
[ul][li]Another graphics competition
[li]The conclusion of the Trivia Contest
[li]The announcement of our BotB prize
[li]Revealing of some plans/ideas for the site
[li]Hufflepuff being crushed in the House Cup (It's gonna happen. ;) )
[li]Some more, and hopefully more final, updates and additions to site documentations
<LI>[li]& finally, more of yours truly Nicolas King. [/li][/ul]
I may have missed some things from this past week, as it was quite busy and my head's still a little headachy from everything, but those are your highlights. :)

~Nick
P.S: Feel free to post in this topic with any questions/concerns/comments regarding this update. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back