OOC First Name
Nick
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Curly Oak/Wenge 16" Essence of Feng-huang Tail Feather
Well, another week has come and gone on HNZ and here are some of it's highlights :

Site Coding:
The 'Updates' drop down menu was removed after my laptop crashed and I was forced to use my family's desktop. I then realized how much it alone could distort the board. :( So it's gone into retirement for now at the very least. It may return in time, but it seems unlikely.
Also, the 'Top 10 Posters Today' link has been removed from the index page. It appeared that some users were still competing with each other over post count using that page to measure how many posts they earned that day (and it counted posts in spam for posts in the day despite them not being added to a user's post count). As such I decided it best, and Cecily agreed, to remove it.
(I wrote the code myself. ^_^ )

User Groups:
With the help of an anonymous user ( zomg test ) I went through and added colours to every single user group. If I couldn't think of a colour for it it was made unique somehow. I'd like to thank those who endured "zomg test"'s posts in spam and all his/her member group changes while I fiddled about. I'd especially like to thank zomg test for helping me. :D
Here is a list of groups and colours:
Administrators
Validating
Unsorted Students
Banned
Gryffindor (Years 1-7)
Ravenclaw (Years 1-7)
Slytherin (Years 1-7)
Hufflepuff (Years 1-7)
Professors
Shopkeepers
Staff Members
Goblins
Ghosts
Inactive Users
House Elfs
Dark Presences
Dementors
Dead Members
Members in Azkaban
Death Eaters
Minister of Magic
Ministry Officials
Muggles
Family Members
Gryffindor Prefects
Ravenclaw Prefects
Slytherin Prefects
Hufflepuff prefects

Creatures
Members
Durmstrang Students
Hogwarts Scotland Students
Unsorted Assistants
Other OOC Staff
Head Boy
Head Girl

Site Competitions:
Voting for the Eighth Graphics Competition opened yesterday. Please take the time to vote in the poll and help decide which banner HNZ will use for Valentine's Day. :)
The HNZ Trivia Contest is still continuing despite my technical difficulties. Question #4 has been posted and question #5 will be posted Tomorrow, Monday the 9[sup]th[/sup] of February. Please take the time to enter.

BATTLE OF THE BOARDS:
Yes, it needed caps lock. Well team, we're in the finals and we need to just win this last round.
The battle ends Wednesday and we're hoping to win this thing for whatever prize there is and the benefit of knowing that out of all the entrants HNZ had the most loyal members. ;)
This post explains voting.
(If you've voted at all since Sunday, February the First do not vote again it's still the finals. ;) )

Forums:
Ollivanders has been moved temporarily to Brightstone Village so that all sales can be finished up there. Please hop on over and complete any outstanding sales you lazy first years. :p
I've also added archives to the applications forums so old applications can be stored neatly away.

A Gentle Reminder:
Site Rules are important. There is a reason for them all and they're still in effect. Please abide by them and read them. I don't like issuing warnings and I've had to issue more than I'd have liked to as of late. So please, please, please keep site rules in mind when posting/hanging out around the board.

Hogwarts Staff:
Professor Aurora Merrythought has joined our team of Professors on HNZ. She will be teaching Astronomy along with Professor Cross. Professor Cross will be the "Astronomy Department Head" and will teach first through fourth years. Professor Merrythought will tackle the fifth through seventh years.
So, everybody welcome Professor Merrythought to our team. ;)
A position for Hogwarts Caretaker has also been opened and we're looking for somebody to fill this position. It could be a well of great role playing opportunities. :)

The Halloween Feast:
The Halloween Feast opened this past week and has been more than successful so far.
I'd like to personally thank everybody for taking out the time to make some awesome RPs for the 'occassion'.
Voting for the costume contest has opened and is explained here. Please take the time to vote. I'm paying somebody in username icons for their work. ;) :p

So, what can you expect in the weeks to come? Absolutely nothing. :lol: Just kidding of course. I've actually had a great idea for the community and site as a whole which I've run by Cecily and we hope to impliment in time. What that idea is you all will just have to wait and see, I guess.
Until then, there will be:[ul][li]Love</LI>
[li]Hate
[li]Peace
[li]War
[li]Feast
[li]Famine
[li]Action
[li]Lust
<LI>[li]and More Updates![/li][/ul]Hoping this meets you well,

~Nick
(On behalf of the HNZ Admin Team)

Status