Madz
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Chayton's ❤
I came to bug you.

Madlyn carried a parcel as she was transporting a load of chopped wood, though it was very much wider in size. It's a gift for two of the professors that recently tied the knot during the break. Unfortunately, she wasn't able to attend the ceremony as she was busy reciting her own vows to her beloved Chayton. Iris gave her this grand idea to gift them something that may like or be useful around their home. It would've done wonders if she had any clue what her former DADA professor would like or be useful to them. Thinking back to her school years, the man was very hard to impress. And if he liked anything at all, it was not to be bothered unless necessary. Professor Burke was even harder to guess as she hardly spoke a word to the woman. Madlyn came up with something, or rather she made a purchase to the local farmers market up in Solen. Madlyn traveled casually up to the man's office and knock at his door as soon as she arrived.

Kalif was not as tied up as usual, as he was waving his wand around to sort the new pictures of his family. One included his late wife, Nicolette, smiling on the wall. There was one on his desk of his current wife, Jacqueline. He never thought he would have moved on from Nicolette, having been with her for many, many years, but it was possible. Jacqueline helped him in many ways. He was still quite new to this anyway, since she had a family before him. Kalif looked over the picture of all of his kids gathered, except for Jaken. He had one of Jaken and Patricia separate because of the age differences. He heard a knock at the door, which he waved it to open it while he made sure that the pictures he hung were perfectly aligned with one and another. On top of the one with his kids, were his parents. Asparuh and Danielle Zhefarovich, may the latter Rest In Peace.

The door swung open, the tall woman peered inside before she decided to step on right in. "Professor Styx, hello, ah," her courage was slipping away from her and she felt like a student again when she spoke his name. Except, she wasn't a student, she was a fully grown part-giant with a wrapped gift for her former professor. She was his equal and she need not forget they were colleagues. "Professor Styx, I'm sorry I couldn't make it to your wedding as I was having my own in America," Madlyn found her voice again, stepping forward to present him with the parcel. "Congrats on tying the knot with Professor Bruke, thought of you both when I made this purchase. Hope you like it, it's handmade," Madlyn set it down on his desk, it was very big, it took almost the entire desk rolled up. Madlyn didn't realize until now, though she didn't really think it was all of a bother. "From me and my husband, Chayton, to you both."

Kalif turned his head to see that it was Madlyn, or rather, Professor Ateara. It was hard to miss her since she was the only person in the school that was taller than he was. She apologized for not making it to his wedding, though it wasn't like he was going to tell her that he actually didn't care to not have her there, since he only did it to appear to be somewhat friendly toward his co-workers. After all, he only cared to have his family there. Kalif quickly waved his hand and the items on the desk hovered to allow room for the huge rolled up rug. "I see. Congratulations on you and Mr. Ateara as well, and thank you for the gift. I didn't expect anything, nor do I shop to gift others." Kalif was somewhat honest about that, since he loathed shopping with a passion. He turned his head toward the pictures on the wall once more, debating on who else to add. Grandchildren, perhaps?

Madlyn is not at all shock to hear him say that, truth be told she was that way sometimes. When she is sometimes deep in her work, a special day would pass her and she’ll make it up somewhat, somehow. Usually, a homecooked meal arranged with her daughter’s help did the trick. Or if she had enough time, something whittled out of wood. “Thank you, Kalif,” the giant woman clapped her hands together, smiling and nodding. “Your words are more than enough for me,” the tall woman then moves closer to the professor out of curiosity. He was studying the wall, and Madlyn, while she was here, was curious to know what her former professor was up to. “Are you doing some organizing, Kalif? Need any help,” she offered the man, though he wouldn’t necessarily need it if his wand nearby.

Kalif reached down and picked up another picture, this time of all of his grandkids, which was current, he believed anyway. He set the picture up next to his kids, and straightened it with a small wave of his wand. Madlyn asked if he was organizing, and if he needed any help. Since he only had a few pictures left to put up, he shook his head. “No, I’m nearly done.” Although, Kalif would not accepted help regardless. Last thing he wanted was to get cozy and close to other staff members. He was on a friendly term with Cyndi Kingsley, and married Jacqueline Burke, now Styx. Kalif enjoyed his solitude for the most part.

Madlyn stood with her hands clasped together down in front of her, the overgrown woman didn’t know what to do with them. Kalif rejected her assistance, and he was right to not accept it. Madlyn studies the faces in the portraits, there were so many of them. Ranging from children to adults, young and old. They looked very serious and staid in the photos, Madlyn counts the smiles to a few. Maybe it was only her, her presence offended them. She couldn’t tell, it didn’t bother her much. Though, she did recognize someone standing next to a Kaleb Styx. “Is that Makaylah, Makaylah Makwa?” The tall woman moved closer to get a better look. Brown, wavey hair, and an expression that said she was finding something humorous before her. It can’t be, could it? Makaylah would never…Makaylah, with a Styx?

Kalif glanced over at the other professor, when she asked him a question about one of his son's new girlfriend. Madlyn recognized her. Kalif went back to his chair and sat down, resting for a bit. He had other pictures to hang up, such as his siblings, but he was in need of a break. "Yes. She is my son's girlfriend." Kalif thought that she was a step up from his previous late wife, who was not even fully human, but he kept this to himself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back