Wandless magic

Eadred Harrison

First year Ravenclaw
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
11¼" long, made of hawthorn, and possessed a phoenix feather core. Reasonably springy.
Hi!

I was exploring here and there, and I wanted to know more about wandless magic here, on this RP. Limits? Nature? Practice? Maybe I can read some RP threads were somebody uses it?

Just discussion because it's interesting.

Wandless magic isn't something that's really been explored on HNZ, to my knowledge. Some of the upper level classes in Transfiguration and Defense Against the Dark Arts cover nonverbal magic, but wandless magic isn't taught in any of the classes and I don't remember seeing it RPed anywhere. If you wanted to RP an instance of wandless magic (other than the minor uncontrollable magic that's present in magical children in HP canon) you would likely have to discuss it with site staff and possibly apply first, as it's significantly advanced magic.

Last edited:
Unexplored thing, oh okay. It's good, because I come from Hogwarty RP where are very strict but very explored wandless magic concept, which I really like. I don't want to bring it here further than my kid character just did random uncontrolled stuff before school.

Actually I asked this, because it is asked in the auror form. So I was thinking, if basic (from that my other RP experience) wandless magic (char can accio his wand to the hand and cast simple shieldmagic) is okay, or it works in a different way.

Last edited:
That makes sense! I would recommend PMing Emzies (@Stefan Archer ) for clarification, she's the administrator in charge of things like this, so she's better equipped to answer your questions than anyone else on the site :) I don't think I've ever seen hard and fast boundaries written down anywhere, but for anything outside of the everyday it's worth double checking the rules documents/asking site staff to be certain :)

Nice! Thanks! I'll contact her about my wandless magic questions.

Random question, I know, but next school year starts OOG on what time approximately?

Late April, according to the calendar :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back