Wandering

Sophia looked unworried as her glance passed between the Professor and Bruin. She had done nothing wrong. But apparently someone had, because the stories were not matching up.

"Boys, It's alright just tell them how I asked the two of you to plant fake slytherin passwords like "locket" around the school to weed out who would try them..." Prof. King stated calmly, "and once this is done... come see me ion my office won't you?" directing the last question again to bruin and Heath...

"Yeah, he asked when he started here to spread fake passwords to root out troublemakers" Heath said looking between the professor and the Slytherine students "I guess I'll see you in your office then" He said to prof. King, turning to leave and tapping Bruin on the arm to get him to follow.

Sophia's voice was composed and extremely polite. "I can't help but feel that something is going on here Professor. If these two are spreading passwords to root out troublemakers, why did I hear one exclaiming to the other that they had just discovered it? I don't mean to question a professor, because I respect all professors very much. I am merely confused, because I would like to believe a professor at Hogwarts would not prefer any student over another."

Gee, look at the time...I've got to get to my shift at Gladrags...."

Bruin looked at Heath and tried to look calm..."But maybe we could squeeze in a little visit to Professor King's Office before I go???".

"I prefer no student over any other - i still have to deduct points from gryffindor, actualylly", he thought, remembering the incident earlier that evening... "however," the professor continued "I did ask these two students privatly in my office to do this task for me, and to tell noone but as it's out, the secrecy is pointless and their mission is no more." he finished looking quite upset about this fact.

"Absolutely" He said as calmly as he could muster "By the way Sophia, we saw you eavesdropping on us so we started talking about how we just discovered the passwords to fool you, thought maybe you'd spread rumours that we knew it and that people would come to us looking for it, but now we simply must be off, see you shortly professor" Heath says grabbing bruin and Fia by the arm and walking quickly towards the school.

Sophia looked slightly angered. "I do not eavesdrop. I came down to the lake to do some reading when I happened to hear you. How could I have been eavesdropping if I had just walked down here? Professor, I would much prefer to speak with you in private on this matter."

"I must admit, I did not instruct thee students to do so, I have already punished them, I simply do not wish for another student, who has already had a run in with bruin and heath and i dont want her to have another reason to confront them" he said shamefully, he then continued after hanging his head "I feel however the lake ront was no place for another confrontation between any students, I was looking to resolve it quitely, however I suppose that is not the way this issue was meant to go out...." he paused waiting for the others to reply

Sophia was quite upset. "Professor you lied. You are supposed to be a role model to students. I was not trying to cause either of them harm, I simply was trying to figure out what was going on. They were plotting to break into the Slytherin common room. Yet you're trying to save them from me? Bruin is a member of my club, I do not wish to harm him. In fact, I would have advised him against his plans. However, you did not give me the chance."

Prof. King still looked ashamed but she continued to misunderstand him, "Young Witch i never suggested you meant to harm them, I also never meant to suggest they would continue with their plans, I have already suggested the password be changed." he paused allowing the girl to calm down, "also, a lie to protect these two young students from one single student (not you! and I am not suggesting you would bring this up to her!) and them still getting punished?! in my opinion that would have been a safe lie, also, you must learn that people are human and mistakes and lies are the human way, however you must also recognize that there come points when you must lie, admitidly I may have chosen a wrong point, but you cannot scold me for a mistake that is now corrected, and that would have harmed noone but perhaps your ego slightly, I was simply hoping that the student in question would never know about this if I lied as I did, however that is no longer an option. I do hope you'll forgive me, I had the best in mind, I assumed you would let me handle the two miscreants, but it appears that I simply sank to the likes of them." he paused waiting for a reply...

"I was attempting to handle them myself. I may be in Slytherin, but I am not evil. You did not hurt my ego, you simply let me down. You could have just as easily said you would handle the situation without using the lie."

"FOR THE FINAL TIME! I IN NO WAY SUGGEST THAT SLYTHERINS ARE EVIL, NOR DO I STILL ASSUME I WAS CORRECT IN MY LIE!" King shouted at Sophia as he came down to his last nerve, he tried to calm himself down "I have explained my position in attempting that feat he said calming down, now if you would please stop announcing that I let you down, as quite frankly, I no longer care! I had the best in mind no matter how oblivious to that fact you may be, did you ever think she could have found out through any passerby even if i had said 'i'll deal with it' people still have ears! i didnt expect you to tell her, Slytherin is amongest my favourat houses, they have no problem speaking their minds which I think is an amazing quality, now I understand your disappointment in me, but could you now stop informing me about it as I fully understand it, and if you have lost all respect for me, I have no problem with that." he said with a mix of shame and annoyance in his voice...

(((OOC: She could've still read the forum if I had said 'I will deal with them' as you see it was the only way I could think of and for that i still apologize)))

Sophia's eyes widened in horror. She had done nothing to deserve being yelled at like this. She hadn't lost any respect for him, until that point. "Sorry to have annoyed you Professor." With that she turned and left the lakefront.

Prof. King yelled after her, "I'm sorry for that outburst but It just seems like I argue the same points over and over to you and I just reached my breaking point." he had had a long daydealing with students and it was very hot by the lake, the heat must have been getting to him.

(((OOC: It's very hot in the room I'm in so I'm getting a headache and everything is irritating me, please don't let my overheatedness allow your respect for my character to diminish....)))

(((ooc: Sorry I've been gone for so long! I was at work! =()))

Fia has sat there the entire time, she had been listening to the conversation, nodding whenever she was asked if she was ok and sitting up a bit when Heath mentioned the plan to sabotage Bellatrix. She wanted to get the evil witch back. When Sophia and Ford came along, she had frozen again. The only Slytherin she had come in contact with was Bellatrix, so she slipped a tad closer to Bruin and Heath. She understood Proffessor King and understood why he was getting upset that his point was not getting across the way he wanted it to.

"Professor," she said, timidly in a consoling tone, after his outburst, "she'll come around." She could tell that losing respect bothered him. She watched him with her deep, dark brown eyes.

As Sophia walked up Bellatrix walked strait into her. Wispering and pointing about the group. "Their just a bunch of filthy mudblood lovers," she said and then told her the whole story knowing she would understand. But all that could be seen from the others was pointing and some bit of laughing.

ooc: I'm back and although I never walked away evidentally you all wanted me to because two of you said it. So yeah.

((Unfortunately Sophia has already left at this point. Sorry, I was under the impression Bellatrix had already left when Sophia entered.))

(((OOC...sorry Bellatrix, we were having too much fun and when you had to leave in RL, we just had to work you out of the RP...that was hands down, my favourite thread from start to finish and I want to thank everyone for playing their individual roles so well...some of the comments still have me laughing...now get with the program and leave already!!! We did!!! :p )))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back