Wandering

Harriet Turner

Wand
Black Walnut/ Maple Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Silver Thistle
((Sorry about the terrible title! I couldn't think of a good one :lol: ))

The sun was beginning to shine a little outside, but Harri didn't feel like going out today, the grounds were starting to repeat on her, plus some of the places held some not so fond memories. She left the common room looking rather scruffy in odd coloured convereses skinny jeans, a t-shirt and cardigan, but then again what was the point in getting dressed up? She headed down the stairs at a speedy pace, though she had no idea where she was going, she was half way down the stairs when the stair cases began moving. They jerked around slowly irritating her slightly. When they had finally shifted into position , she exited not really fond of their jerky movements.
She walked along the corridor looking at all the weird yet wonderful paintings, this floor didn't seem very familiar but she shrugged always loving an adventure.
As Harri walked further and further down the corridor she became lost in a mixture of thoughts, the main one being why she hadn't seen Kevin during the holidays. She missed him like crazy and thought it must have been something pretty important for him not even to write. She shuddered as another thought entered her head, maybe he had met someone else. Some prettier then her, or more fun. She tried to rid the thought from her head as she slumped down on a window seat and stared out across the grounds. The people there appeared to be having a good time, enjoying the cold sun.

Aiden was walking around the corridors, quite bored of the cold and of the grounds even though it was quite sunny outside. Aiden walked up to the fifth floor corridors only to see his favourite person, Aiden shrugged and walked up to Harri slowly and then said, "Hey..." Aiden nodded his head in her direction and waited for a response, he was to tired to do anything really, his life was begining to exhaust him.

Harri was quite dazed out when her thoughts were interupted by someones voice, she blinked out of her trance like state only to see Aiden. They weren't exactly renounded for friendship but he looked kind of... tired. "Hey," she said forcing a smile, "You alright?" she asked, the smile fading but her voice still as friendly as it had been before.

"I'm fine, just tired..." Aiden said sleepily then said, "Are you okay?" Aiden slumped down on the ground leaning against a piller not caring if she joined him or not.

((Harri's already sitting! :lol: ))

"Yup I'm fine," Harri lied convincingly, it was really getting at her that she hadn't seen Kevin, she got lossed in thought "Why are boys so confusing?" she asked sighing.

[Oh well I'm not going to edit it though :p]

"I don't know, why is life so confusing?" Aiden asked disregarding Harri's obvious lie.

(( :lol: ))

"How can you not know! You are a boy!" Harri said, it sounded like she was fustrated with him but really she was fustrated with herself. She shook her head trying her best to think of something else but sitting here on the stoney floor and staring at a blank wall ahead of her wasn't really helping her, she sighed loudly resting her head on her hands "And I thought people said high school were the best years of your lives!" she said laughing a little.

Harri let out a sigh, as much as she loved it here sometimes it felt like she didn't really belong here, "It's s muggle term, like you know we come her when we're 11. Well in the muggle world you go to school before that, then the second school you go to is high school!" she said, pretty sure that what she had just said made absoloutly no sense.

Harri laughed a little now realising that her explaniation was far from a good one, "So what blood are you?" she asked, he obviusly wasn't muggle born and she now felt a little curious.

"Mixed...your a mud---" Aiden stopped himself and said, "..ermm muggleborn right?" Aiden hoped she hadn't realized what he was about to say.

"Excuse me?!" Harri said jumping up, she had heard, and understood, exactly what he was going to say, "Jeez I knew you idolised the slytherins but I didn't think you copyied everything they said," she spat the words at him angrily, but stayed rooted firmly to the spot.

"It really was a slip of the toungue, I don't usually use that language, almost everyone in my family are death eaters and it just rubs off on you..." Aiden said apologetically.

"Hmm," Harri said raising an eyebrow, but took a deep breath, she knew she had jumpped on it too quickly, she was annoyed at herself and it had seemed like the perfect oppertunity to let off a bit of steam, "Sorry for snapping at you, don't know what came over me," she said, attempting a laugh. "Especially as I'm not even a muggle born. I'm half blood," she siad grinning. "A family of Death Eaters? Bet they weren't too pleased you ended up in gryffindor, ehh?" she said jokily.

"Its no problem, I didn't mean it or anything, if I were you I probably would've been much worse so there isn't any need for apology on your behalf," Aiden said witha trying smile. Pleased that she had bought his lie, sure he didn't use it often but he did use it. "No they aren't, still not pleased that I'm mixed...and its been 12 years..." Aiden said lightly.

"Alright." Harri said smiling, "Jeez, its not your fault your mixed!" she said, she began thinking, mulling over what he had said previously, "You've changed." she said simply.

"Hmm," Harri said her eyes looking straight into his wondering how best to phrase it, she narrowed her eyes slightly "I'm not sure exactly how to explain it," she said, "Just different from how you were the last time I spoke to you," she said laughing at her rubbish explanation. "You seem more.....relaxed and happy," she said clicking as the word came to her.

Aiden laughed and said, "I've got to say, I think you have it all wrong, last time I saw you I was more happy then I am now, but there is no way I expected you to notice because Ellie was there. Now I am stressed out of my mind..." Aiden groaned lightly when he remembered that he had a lot of worries...more then he was actually thinking about.

"Really?" Harri said scratching her chin, "Come on tell me all about it!" she said, "And sorry for not noticing, that was pretty selfish of me, just got a bit caught up in absoloute ecstatic-ness!" she siad laughing,

"No problem at all I understand..I guess..." Aiden only mouthed the last part as he didn't really know. "Trust me, you'll either laugh at me or sympathize for my cousin, and I don't think I'd want either of them..." Aiden said honestly.

Harri saw him mouth the last part, she raised an eyebrow but said nothing. "I swear I won't laugh!" she said honestly, her eyes round as sourcers. "Come on, a problem shared is a problem halfed," she said cheesily.

Aiden rolled his eyes and said, "Well, you know how I said almost everyone in my family is a Death Eater, that actually is true, the only ones in my family that aren't Death Eaters are the kids in the family and my father." Aiden paused for a second then said, "My cousin, Lily, she went to Beauxbatons and was going to finish school this year. My Uncle has always been really abusive towards her and the rest of my cousins. Lily ran away, and know all of these Death Eaters are looking for her, she sent me a letter to let me know that she's in New Zealand and she is living on the streets. Her wand is broken and she doesn't have enough money to pay for a new one." Aiden looked down for a second and said, "Gaspard moved to my New Zealand house with Gisella because he divorced his wife, so she can't live there any more, she was almost caught, but she ran onto Bleak Street, where she met some interesting characters." Aiden stopped himself from going on to apologize, "Sorry, I really shouldn't have loaded that onto you."

"Oh gosh!" Harri said, her mouth forming a comical 'O' as the story progressed. "Thats terrible!" she said, "Can't you tell Gaspard?" she asked, not quite sure who Gaspard was but guessing he was important. "I mean she can't go on living on the streets when she doesn't even have a wand!" she said, automatically reaching down to touch her wand which was stowed away in her jeans. "And I asked you too tell me! So why are you sorry?!" she said flashing him a smile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back