Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Sully
Wand
Curly 14 1/2 Inch Flexible Larch Wand with Hippogriff Feather Core
Chloë had been able to take her family cat Lotus to school with her for another year. She still wasn't sure if she could bring Fergus and she still hadn't asked. She also didn't want to bring him when it wasn't allowed because she was afraid they would somehow send him back home. With everything walking around the school and its grounds it would be strange if she wasn't allowed to bring her ferret with her, but she didn't want to take the risk. Perhaps she just needed to ask one of the professors or her head of house and get some clearance on it. At the moment, however, she didn't have a lot of time to think about that. In her first year at the school she had thought Lotus to get back to the seventh floor corridor after dinner so she could take her back inside the common room with her, but for the first time the black cat wasn't there when she needed to be. The gryffindor didn't want to worry about it too much and decided to just take up a spot in the corridor to wait on the cat for a little while before she would actually go and look for her. She hoped that the cat would just come walking up within a couple of minutes, because searching the castle would be an impossible work. It wouldn't be a disaster to leave the cat out at night either, but she liked having her with her. Chloë sat down against the wall close to the door that lead to the common room. Ha, if her cousin were to see her now she would definitely have something to say about that. But Paige wasn't here, so who cared. She took one of her astronomy books out of her bag and opened it where she left off. If she was going to wait around for a while, she might as well keep herself entertained.

Louise Romanes finished writing letters to his mom and his dad. He doubted that his owl would even find his mother since she was everywhere, singing and just being herself. His dad though, remained in one spot. As much as he missed his mom, at the time, he hated her and her singing career. It sucked since she left him and his dad for it. As he was walking down from the stairs, he could not help but notice that there was a cat following him. Louise looked behind him to see it, and stopped. The cat stopped. Louise frowned since he did not want to have a cat attempt to claw him. He didn't like cats that much, mainly because he broke up if he got around their dander. Birds were fine, frogs, bats, but cats. Louise gestured and said, "Shoo please." Louise sighed. Of course a cat would not listen to him. A cat was a cat. That was the last time he would ever try talking to one. Louise got closer to the Gryffindor common room where he found a girl sitting down, and reading. He recognized her from classes. Thompson? Johnson? Something like that. He asked, "Hey, do you know whose cat that is? I-I am a little allergic and afraid it might climb on me." Louise hated sounding like a total dweeb but he couldn't help it.

Chloë had just about been ready to close her book and head back into the common room when another student approached her. It wasn't untill the boy mentioned a cat that she spotted the little black creature who seemed to be following him around. "Lotus!" She smiled before tossing her book on her bag and quickly getting up to pick up her cat. "It's mine." Chloë replied to the boy. Her head was turned towards him, but she tried her best to keep the cat in her arms away from him. After all, he did say he was allergic. "I'm sorry, hope she didn't trouble you too much." She apologized for the cat whilst gently stroking Lotus's head. "She has a habit of following people around but she would never actually come too close unless she's like invited to, if that makes any sense."

Damn, he must have sounded pretty bad. Louise would have cursed in French, but decided not to. Louise managed to place her name, at least the last name. Thompson. Classes were awesome like that, getting to know his peers. He knew his dorm mates by heart now though. The cat’s name was lotus? How particular. “Thanks, um... Thompson. I do not remember your first name, though.” Louise confessed. There was something else that he had to confess too. “And I completely forgot what I was doing before the creature started to follow me.”

Chloë cuddled the cat to her chest as she continued speaking to the boy. "Hey, that's 50% of it so you're doing great." She joked, before telling him her first name. "It's Chloë." She smiled at him. She couldn't blame him for not remembering since they hadn't really talked before and there were a lot of students at the school. She herself was usually pretty good with names and since they were in the same year and house she felt like she had to get it right. Not for him, but for herself. "You're Louise, right?" She still somewhat asked, even if she felt like she had gotten it right. Although it wouldn't be the first time she had been confident about a name and then completely gotten it wrong. "Sorry." She shot him an apologetic look again since her cat had made him forget what he was doing. "Unfortunately I can't read minds so I don't think I can helpy ou with that." She chuckled, now slightly curious about what he had been doing as well.

Louise chuckled as Chloe spoke her actual name, and how he was half right. That was better than nothing, right? And what made him feel a little worse was that she knew his name. He nodded, even though she seemed uncertain about it. "You are right. I am Louise Romanes." His surname was Italian, but his first name was French, since his mother was French after all. Louise chuckled a bit more as she said that she couldn't read minds, so she couldn't help. "Well, I got done with sending letters to my parents, so whatever I wanted to do after must not have been important enough to remember, right?" Louise placed his hands behind his back and smiled at Chloe. "Though, if we wanted to get someone who could read minds, I have a feeling that Professor Styx, either one, can. Just how they both carry that stern, looking into your soul, look."

Chloë hadn't really thought about his name and the pronounciation untill he said it himself. It sounded.. european, which ofcourse made her curious about it. "Where does your name come from?" She asked, rather than just asking him where he is from. He could be a full on kiwi with just a european sounding name for all she knew. "Right." She nodded in agreement. "It also means that it likely wasn't anything super fun, so you're probably not missing out." She chuckled. Chloë's arm were getting tired of holding the cat and she put her down on the floor next to her, looking at her for a second as if to say that the cat should stay right there. Luckily Lotus was tired and just lay down right next to her feet. "I mean I wouldn't want to go and get either of them voluntarily." She shook her head very seriously. "They give me the creeps."

"Oh, my first name is French, and my last name is Italian," Louise informed while smiling. "I know French and Italian, but my first language is English." Louise shrugged his shoulders lightly. He was glad that his parents taught him English first before the others. Though Isaia did have to teach more French to Louise since his mom was always on the road with her career. Louise nodded, since he didn't think he had something really fun planned. He was probably going to just go read or nap. Either one appealed to him a fair bit actually. He didn't have the same drive his parents had. They both graduated with the head people titles. Louise shook his head, "Yeah, the two of them seem good together at least." He glanced down at the cat, and really hated his allergies. Cats were cute, but he just could not touch them. "What were you doing, besides looking for Lotus?"

Every word the boy said made Chloë even more excited. Perhaps she had never really thought about the fact that there might be quite a few students at the school who were part french. Which was silly really, as she noticed that the kids at this school somehow seemed to come from anywhere and everywhere. Sure she knew there were kids who know how to speak the language, as she had been speaking it with Ajax, but actually being french was different in a way. "That's so cool, I'm partly French too!" She happily exclaimed, wondering whether he would find that as big a deal as she did. Maybe not, maybe she was just overly excited about something small like that. Chloë chuckled at his mention of the professors being a good match, they sure seemed to be. "Not much actually." She shrugged at his question. "Just reading up on a little bit of astronomy. But not for class though, just for me." She noticed the boy glance down at her cat as she answered his question and it made her wonder if Lotus being there was bothering him. "I can let her into the common room, if her being here is bothering you?" Chloë asked with a little smile. She knew the cat wouldn't really mind anyways.

Chloe said that she was partly French too. Louise couldn't help but chuckle at how excited she seemed to be over it. Louise didn't know why she seemed so excited, but he wouldn't judge her for it. He would never do that. "Really? My mom's family was born in France, so that's one of my languages! English was my first, French and Italian. If you prefer, I can talk French for you?" Louise knew that sometimes, second languages were difficult. His father taught him English first, before getting him to talk in French and Italian. He knew less about Italian though, since he didn't go visit in Italy often at all. Louise smiled a bit more when she said that she was studying a bit on Astronomy, but for extracurricular activities. "That's cool. I don't think many find Astronomy that interesting. I think I am one of those, actually," Louise confessed, after all, he only made an A in it. "Oh, the only thing that is bothering me is the fact that I can't pet it. I love cats a lot, you see."

Chloë smiled when Louise told her about his family and the languages he spoke. She loved being able to speak more than just english and was glad she'd found some other students she could speak in french to if she liked, but it hadn't taken long for her to figure out that she shouldn't do it when there were others around. At least others that didn't speak the language. "I was born in France too, but my parents raised me with both languages from the start so English is fine." She replied with a small smile. "Although I do appreciate some French from time to time." She added. She was fine with speaking english for now, but if he ever wanted to talk to her in french she definitely wasn't going to say no to it. "Yeah, it's definitely not for everyone." Chloë chuckled softly after his remark about astronomy. She had clearly noticed that there were plenty of students who weren't interested in the subject at all and she couldn't blame them. She loved it though and she was happy she could study it at school. "Wow. That's sad." She empathized with him. She loved her cat and she couldn't imagine loving the animal but not being able to touch it or even get too close to it. "Isn't there like a spell or potion that could help with that?" She asked curiously, wondering if there was something like that. Although if there was she figured he would've probably been using it already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back