Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Engaged
Sexual Orientation
Xavier 💕
Wand
Straight 12 1/2 Inch Unyielding Ash Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
I was surfing through Harry Potter videos on Youtube when I came across this trailer. It is a fan-made prequel to Harry Potter with the title of the topic I created.

Any thoughts on this?

Ooooh! I've seen the trailer for this floating around the internet, and I'll probably watch some of it when it comes out! I didn't like the cursed child, or fantastic beasts but this seems pretty awesome.

I watched Fantastic Beasts and was disappointed for the lack of spells and action and the plot is hanging. It is understandable though since it is a book series.

I read Cursed Child and it was not that satisfying.

Stefan Archer said:
I didn't like the cursed child
How can you hate this?
sub-buzz-3007-1470083330-1.jpg

Much like Cursed Child, Origins of the Heir comes off a bit fan-fictiony, but I am looking forward to seeing more of it - in much the say way I'd love to watch a film adaptation of Cursed Child, or My Immortal.

Tbf anything that's fan made which doesn't require me to pay for it to enjoy it, is usually better in my book xD so i'll probably give it more of a chance than I ever gave cursed child or fantastic beasts.

Officially on YouTube now ???

Lucky you!!I still have to wait until tomorrow 4am.

Has anybody already watched this?

I'm in the middle of watching it now. :D

-link- in case anyone needs it. ;)

I'm watching it in stints. So far, it's pretty obvious its not block buster xD

I lost it a few minutes in at "I'm just a second year student, Tom" - says the late teen-early twenties girl.
This is hella awkward but I'll probably keep watching. :lol:

LOOK GUYS ITS ME THE HEIR OF GRYFFINDARH
tenor.gif

For real though, why can she run like the flash, why don't the voices match up to the characters, why is everything so awkward xD

I don't really like it tbh, but the costumes and the effects are good. I feel like in parts the speaking doesn't line up with the talking and it's super distracting. I haven't watched it all yet as I'm getting pretty bored of it, but hopefully I'll watch the rest later.

Yes Jesse. For real what is with that lmao. I mean, sure it's cool, but like???

I watched it. It wasn't too bad. I actually found myself intrigued at some parts. Especially the ending if you can make it there. xD

From what I've read/heard, the actors are Italian, and don't speak English. So they dubbed it into English, which is why the speaking doesn't match up with the talking.

I did actually wonder if they were speaking English. I think I would have preferred Italian with subtitles over the dub :lol:
I'm slowly getting through it. Slowly :p

Professor Katherine Alicastell said:
I lost it a few minutes in at "I'm just a second year student, Tom" - says the late teen-early twenties girl.
This is hella awkward but I'll probably keep watching. :lol:

LOOK GUYS ITS ME THE HEIR OF GRYFFINDARH
tenor.gif

For real though, why can she run like the flash, why don't the voices match up to the characters, why is everything so awkward xD

The truth has been spoken :r Lmao I thought that too. It looked vaguely familiar.

Started watching it, isn't too bad, just a bit awkward like you said Jesse. I got confused at first because I read all Italian names and was like 'oh'. Then I saw a sign in Russian and got confused over that, so I think the actors are Italian after all. I don't even know :lol:

I have to congratulate them for the effects though. I'm not that far into the mini film yet.

EDIT: definitely dubbed. I recognise the dubbing since English movies that have been translated into Italian and vice versa are like that.

The effects are my favourite part so far, and I really liked Hokey (Though I was a bit uncomfortable with the constant panning to her just staring awkwardly for ages?)

I didn't hate it, I'll write my complete thoughts when I can get home because they'll need a spoiler but I have a couple things about it that I'd like to point out for discussion!

Initially I was kind of appalled at the way it was set up and there were some really weird bits in it where I was confused. The story teller POV was a little weird, but it made sense towards the end of the movie. Then we had all the zipping around that wasn't explain further than "dark magic has depths far more superior than you could possibly imagine" blah blah. I liked the Greisha/Tom twist, I though that was well thought out and I like that we leave the story not knowing what really happened, this is what I wanted to discuss, can I get thoughts on what people thought? Do we think that Tom was lying the whole time and none of what he said was true, and if so what really happened then? How much of it was true? If it was all true, is Greisha dead like the others? Why was Lazarus the only one to find the cup? Why give it to his Aunt, the family that kicked him out? Why did Hepsebah Smith trust him? Why didn't Tom know about the Lockett if he worked at borgin and burkes?

I have so many questions...

I think it was suggested Grisha was dead like the others, since they found the corpse of a female woman at the end of the film?

Maybe this is just a story of how Tom told one big lie and manipulated people and the heir of Gryffindor, Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff don't actually exist and it was only something Tom made up to waste the old guy's time so none of what we just watched is real and we all just wasted an hour of our lives.

Brutal =))

So I watched yesterday and totally agree about the phrasing when the girl says she is a second year. So awkward, you're obviously not a second year xD

If you watch the ending credits they give credits to the Revoicers so it is dubbed, which is why the voices awkwardly line up with the faces, making closeups very uncomfortable.

Overall the special effects were pretty neat. Storyline wise--not super into it. Watched the whole thing, kind of wasted my life doing so xD Music, A-plus totally into that aspect. Obviously thought went into it and a lot of the video shots were pretty neat however.

Oh yes, I forgot to get back about this =))

I didn't necessarily hate it but I couldn't help but not take it seriously in some parts, and to me the part about Lazarus having a crush on Grisha and Grisha apparently always talking about Tom or whatever and then Lazarus duelling Tom - yeah that was ridiculous to me. Though I might be taking it way too large here, I couldn't keep my focus all the time. I was mostly bored when I was watching it xD

Also, we probably have no proof that what Tom said was true unless it's written in the books somewhere, so maybe this fan film was made out of a 'what if' situation and not actually based on facts. Idk, literally throwing ideas out there.

@Steph - so true. I was uncomfortable there. Also, if she was a second year, how old was Tom?

I noticed though that the actress who played Grisha (who then turned out to be Tom) was actually speaking English, unless I was hallucinating and only the other parts of the film weren't in English.

Oh, lol you guys. It is Italian, for anyone interested: Link The description is very vague however.

Link 2 - apparently, the other Heirs are new characters. And the official language is English, I think the Revoicers were mainly for pronunciation.
<i>
</i>

How long is this thing? That'll determine whether I watch it myself or just read through all of the spoilers in this topic . :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back