Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
It's Complicated
Sexual Orientation
asexual
Wand
Straight 14 1/2 Inch Sturdy Cypress Wand with Erumpent Hide Core
Zennon did not know what had just happened, it was all so strange to him. He didn't think there would be people in the school that would hate him just because he was a pureblood and though no one had said anything to him yet, he was sure it was coming. Whether Jacob had meant to or not, and Zennon had a feeling it was completely unintentional, he'd probably just made Zennon's life very hard. Now, if he was against this, it would be because he was a pureblood and no other reason. Zennon knew nothing about what they were talking about, why would he, he's eleven, but that didn't mean he didn't have an opinion. He'd agreed with what Jacob's brother had said and everything, though he hadn't even seen any prejudice. That didn't mean it didn't exist, but why were the students the ones who had to change everything? Shouldn't this sort of thing be left up to people like Jacob's dad? Zennon wasn't sure what he was feeling, but he had an overwhelming urge to write a letter home, see what his parents thought about all of this. Could he transfer out? He didn't want to get involved in whatever that business was back at the courtyard.

Though, he'd probably miss Jacob and Athena, Braydon, Cayleigh and Izaak too is he actually managed to transfer out. Where would he go? He didn't want to go to Durmstrang, it was too cold there. Hogwarts Scotland would probably be okay, but too similar to this one to not feel sad whenever he didn't see his friends. Maybe Ilvermorny wouldn't be so bad? They had a house system like Hogwarts and they were similar anyway. They also spoke english, so yay for that. Zennon wasn't sure he wanted to learn more languages. It would be pretty ridiculous if he couldn't speak any of the languages of the school he attended, so Uagadou was out and so was Castelobruxo, though they at least allowed for international students. Zennon sighed and sat on the ground. This letter was going absolutely no where.

After the chaos in the courtyard, Gwen wasn't sure how to feel. She knew that many people were against the idea of the revolution, but she also knew that so many people were for it. Gwen's biological parents thought she was evil and if that wasn't proof that the muggles were going to make things worse, she didn't know what was. However, despite how outspoken the Gryffindor was, Gwen did not want to get involved. She didn't want to tell her mothers about what happened either. It was stupid and thinking about it too much would only make her even more upset. Luckily, there weren't many people anywhere else around the castle whilst that was happening and so Gwen was able to keep herself in her dormitory until everyone started coming back one by one, uttering about the events that unfolded there. Frustrated, Gwen left, eager to find somewhere else to spend her time and calm herself down.

As Gwen wandered around the corridors she knew that there weren't many places to go. The school was full of too many people to want to be alone and so the first year resorted to making her way up to the towers, figuring no one would be able to find her there. After all, she never usually went up there and so it was something new for her. As the girl climbed the stairs to the owlery she heard the owls making sounds and wondered just how many were up there. But as she reached the top of the stairs she noticed a single boy sitting down on the floor who was writing a letter. Wanting to get everything off her mind, Gwen thought it wouldn't hurt to start a conversation with him. "Hello." she said, making her way over to him and sitting down next to him. "What are you doing?"

Zennon scribbled absolute nonsense on his parchment as he thought about the best way to word the letter. Hey dad, this school is crazy and I don't want to be here anymore, just wasn't going to cut it. He needed more than that, something big that would make his dad be agreeable to the move. Someone would probably have to die actually, so he was probably never going to get this to happen. He certainly didn't want anyone to die just so he could leave the school, that seemed a bit drastic. Pouting, Zennon scribbled on the parchment just as someone spoke to him. He hadn't heard her walk in. "Oh, hey." She sat next to him and he moved over to make some room. He wasn't wearing the robes so it wasn't easily apparent where he was from. "Apparently nothing." He said, screwing up the paper and roughly shoving it in his pocket. He sighed as he turned to look at her. "Were you there?" He asked, referring to the mess he'd just come from. He was sure it was all over the school by now and somehow he'd managed to be dragged through the middle of it. He didn't blame Jacob though, he was just trying to prove a point, regardless of how bad it might have looked on Zennon's part.

"That was crazy, I only went there for the laughs, I didn't think there would actually be a whole thing about it." He certainly hadn't expected anyone to get hurt, that was his last thought. He didn't know either of the boys who had been in the middle of it, only that one of them was related to Jacob. His friend just kept surprising him. Minister, Harry Potter, it was like living in a drama of some sort. Zennon loved the dramatic shows he saw on stage, of course, but he never wanted to be a part of it. "I hope that never happens again."

The boy was welcoming and Gwen smiled at him, glad to have found someone nice to give her company. She frowned as he screwed up his letter but didn't feel like it was her place to ask him about it further. Sometimes things were better left unsaid, but as he began speaking about the chaos in the courtyard, the girl shifted uncomfortably before deciding she should just pretend she wasn't there. "No I wasn't. I mean, of course I knew about it with all those posters around the school but I didn't go." she told him. If anything, she was telling the truth as she really did not mean to come across it and left as soon as she could. She looked up at him and hesitated before speaking again. "Do you think maybe it was a joke?" she asked hopefully. "Isn't it illegal to break the statue of secrecy? As if they believe it would actually work." Gwen scoffed, hoping her newfound friend felt the same way. "I'm Gwen. What's your name?"

There was really only one couple that Merlin bothered to send letters to, which was his ex-foster parents on the south island. They had been very kind to him for the short time that he'd been able to stay, but it had hurt so much when they'd given him up. Being back in the system was unstable, and he was grateful for the ability to stay at Hogwarts over most holidays. The last one that he'd had to return to was ... unpleasant, to say the least. Nobody was cruel, but it was nearly impossible for Merlin to get his homework done with the arguing teenagers and screaming kids in the household. Nevertheless, Hogwarts was a dream, and he had much to thank Ted and Juliette for.

Coming to the owlery presented a unique opportunity, however. Merlin had nearly forgotten that he was playing Assassin, and when he heard another student enter, he left him to his letter and concentrated on writing his own. Another student, Gryffindor this time, started up a conversation with the other, and Merlin was mildly irritated by the interruption and looked around at the two. To his shock, he recognised the Slytherin first year. He'd been at the Assassin meeting! That was his target! Well, he'd rather be lucky than good. Merlin put his quill down and ambled sheepishly over to the younger students. "Sorry for the interruption," he began. "But ... Lumos," said the second-year, moving with the intent to boop Zennon with his wand.

"You're lucky, really. I wish I hadn't gone." Zennon didn't really know what to say. He thought it would be funny to go, check out what the revolution was all about, but he'd walked out of it feeling personally attacked, he didn't think he would want to go back, though he was curious. They had all seemed so passionate. "It's hard to say. They didn't seem like they were joking. There was a lot of shouting and the main leader person, she's a girl in Slytherin, she didn't seem like she was joking. She looked serious. She was shocked when some physical stuff went down though. I don't think she expected that response." It seemed strange to Zennon that she would have some bodyguard type person there though, if she wasn't expecting some form of resistance. It seemed incredibly naive of her to think that she wouldn't offend someone. Though she had not been the main issue from what he had seen. An older Slytherin boy and one of Jacob's relatives seemed to be the problem. Zennon didn't know where King Jay was now, but he hoped he was okay. He seemed upset after the whole ordeal. Not that Zennon could blame him. He was upset too.

"It's very illegal. Wizards and witches have been sent to Azkaban for less." He added, though he wasn't sure that would help her. "There's a whole history of books on this subject that clearly none of them have read. They talk about the past as if it's in the past." He shook his head and sighed. "Thing about history though is that it tends to happen again. Like they say how history repeats itself, well it wasn't said for nothing." Zennon rolled his eyes at the mere thought of those overzealous weirdos trying to lift the ban on muggle interaction. They were put into place to protect wizards and muggles, not hurt them. Zennon was aware that he was a minority, both in his blood status and his status as a wizard. He smiled when the girl introduced herself as Gwen and was about to reply, though he was interrupted by someone approaching them. Zennon was about to greet him too, when he pulled his wand and tried to assassinate him! The nerve! Zennon rolled over Gwen to get away from him and stood, grinning. "Nice try! Better luck next time." At least he was polite!

Merlin looked a bit crestfallen after he'd utterly failed to assassinate his target. Maybe he shouldn't have announced himself. He went a bit pink and grinned sheepishly, murmuring "Nox," before shuffling back to give them a bit more space. "Sorry," said the Gryffindor again. "You were right there, so I just ..." Merlin giggled and gave Zennon a half wave before returning to his letter. His cheeks stayed red for quite a while as he went back to pretending the others weren't there.

Gwen listened as the boy spoke, nodding as he said he wished he hadn't gone. It definitely didn't seem like the best attempt at a revolution and she sighed, quite terrified about the fact they didn't seem to be joking. The Gryffindor did not want to be part of a war anytime soon and clenched her hands into fists, really wanting to inflict pain to the Slytherin who started it all. But there was no point in doing so and Gwen held herself back, figuring they would learn the consequences themselves if it ever went that far. She agreed with what the Slytherin boy said. "They're all going to get arrested and it'll all be for nothing." she said, rolling her eyes. Gwen quickly turned her head as another boy entered the tower, attempting to assassinate her new friend. She laughed as he rolled over her and the other boy apologised. "Nice job!" she exclaimed. "High five!" She put her hand up in the air for him to high five her, feeling that he must be quite good at the game.

Zennon probably would never understand the revolution and he wasn't sure he would even want to. It all seemed so stupid to him. Challenging something that had a reason for existing, keeping them safe was both highly illegal and jut plain stupid. Zennon laughed at Merlin and waved him off. "No hard feelings man, I'll keep an ear out for you!" He said as he turned back to look at Gwen and returned her high five. "That was cool, you know I've been so cautious this whole time because I really didn't know who my assassin was. Now that I know it makes this so much easier, you know?" Zennon sat up properly and moved away from Gwen to give her some space. He realised he hadn't had the chance to introduce himself and so he smiled at her. "I'm Zennon by the way, it's nice to meet you, Gwen!"

Gwen beamed as he returned her high five. "That was awesome!" she exclaimed. "I'm glad he wasn't my assassin!" She chuckled and smiled as he introduced himself as Zennon. The girl would really have to watch out for her assassin now that she knew how sneaky they were and even had to keep an eye out for her own target. But for now, Gwen rather enjoyed sitting with Zennon and just talking with him as it really lightened her mood. "It's nice to meet you too. Hogwarts is great because I get to meet so many people, don't you think?" Gwen quickly remembered the letter he was writing and hoped she hadn't disturbed him. "How's the letter going? How come you're not writing it anymore?" She didn't mean to be nosy and was genuinely curious as to what was going on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back