Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Asexual
Wand
Straight 9 1/2 Inch Rigid Walnut Wand with Thestral Tail Hair Core
Monty didn't often feel under-dressed, but standing in the lobby of the Grosvenor hotel and restaurant, with its glass chandeliers and floor so shiny you could see your reflection in it, he was starting to wish he'd worn a more expensive waistcoat. The one he had on, a deep purple thing he'd picked up years ago from an antique shop, was beginning to show signs of its age - a loose thread here, a stray mark there - but it was comfortable, and as such he usually wore it to any event at which he expected to feel uncomfortable.

He wasn't sure how many people Rama had invited to her baby shower. He was gratified to be among them, in any case, and would not have missed it had she invited the whole of Auckland. It was just strange that nobody had turned up yet. Not even Rama or Syrus. Surely they wouldn't be late to their own celebration?

A member of staff eyed Monty as she walked past towards the double doors of the restaurant. He turned and pretended to read a notice on the wall. Had he come to the wrong place? According to the notice, the hotel did offer private functions, but something gave him the impression they would have been a long way out of Rama's price range. He read the advertisement again, slowly, to pass another minute. Someone had to show up eventually.

Hezekiah knew Rama was up to something. A baby shower when she was barely showing? Especially when she had absolutely no friends? The werewolf had no idea what the brat was planning, but a part of him was looking forward to it. He had no idea she wanted to have kids, but in all honesty, that was her business. It was not his place to meddle, and he didn't want to. Hezekiah was pleased she had at least planned it. If that had not been the case, Syrus would be miserable.

Hezekiah walked into the hotel, and his red ensemble
began made him feel at home. It would make Rama furious if her father upstaged her at her own event. The man had spent a very pretty penny on this outfit, and if his daughter did not immediately start screaming, it would all be for naught. As the man walked toward the restaurant, he came to an abrupt stop at the sight a familiar face. One he was not sure if he was pleased to see, but Hezekiah was not going to lie by saying the sight of Monty did not make him happy. However, he planned on staying neutral. Hezekiah moved next to the purple-clad man. "I would say I am surprised Rama invited you, but, given past circumstances, I am not. How are you?" he asked, trying to end on a high note. He adjusted the bright red gloves on his hands as he kept eye contact with the Monty. Hezekiah tried to calm the deep, painful feelings of rejection in his heart. He needed to stay unphased. He was not going to ruin this for Rama. "Let's head in." he continued without giving much time for the other man to respond.

When Monty turned, Hezekiah was close enough to make him startle. He was particularly startling in his bright red suit, which, Monty noted with a jolt, looked incredibly good on him. The contrast of his platinum blonde hair gave him a fierce, stylish air that only Hezekiah could have pulled off, yet which assorted perfectly with their glossy surroundings. By the time Monty collected his thoughts, he had missed all but the last few words of Hezekiah's greeting. "Hello," he managed to say, before Hezekiah started walking towards the restaurant doors. He hurried after him. "Er, actually, I've been here for twenty minutes, and you're the first person I've-" He stopped abruptly mid-sentence. Easier to let Hezekiah find out for himself than to explain.

Hezekiah abruptly turned around when Monty revealed how long he had been there. "What?" he asked calmly, but it was clear the werewolf was agitated. Hezekiah turned back around and took a deep breath. This was frustrating. Rama was going to be dead meat, at least, after she gave birth. The werewolf stood for a moment as he raked through his brain for options. What to do? Rama had done this on purpose, and Hezekiah knew how awkward Monty could be. This was not an opportune situation, and Hezekiah felt like he wanted to scream. He took another deep breath. "I don't have time for this sh!t, Rama," he cursed angrily before turning around and storming off. This was terrible. Terrible. TERRIBLE!

Monty made one step after Hezekiah, and then stopped. He wasn't sure why he felt so hurt, until he realised that, unlike Hezekiah, he wasn't disappointed by the prospect of having dinner together. In fact for a fleeting second he had been quite excited by the idea. Burning with humiliation, he turned back to the notice board. Certainly Rama had no right setting them up - but was it really the most terrible thing in the world? To Hezekiah, apparently it was. To Hezekiah, being forced to spend the evening with Monty was an insult. To Hezekiah, Monty was just a waste of time.

He wondered why he had ever fooled himself into thinking someone could love him.

Feeling tears in his throat, he strode for the exit. He pushed open the door and hurried down the front steps, praying he wouldn't run into Hezekiah before he found a safe place to disapparate.

Hezekiah was furious. Rama was ruining whatever he and Monty had by playing them like this. Now, he looked like he was not interested, and Monty most likely was feeling like crap, which was valid, but Hezekiah felt terrible he was the reason. He was investing so much time in something that would likely never happen. But, it had always been like this for him. Nothing. Just a bunch of invested time and nothing to gain from it. Hezekiah stopped on the steps. This was going to be it. The werewolf quickly looked around to see if he could spot Monty. It took mere seconds, and Hezekiah apparated a few steps in front of Monty. "Look, Rama frustrated me, once again, but it's not because I don't want to be around you. She just made me mad, and it's hard to think when I'm mad. So, if you want to eat together, fine. If you don't want to eat together, fine." Hezekiah unknowingly bit his lower lip, and he took a breath. "I don't know what next step to take without knowing what this is or is not. So, enlighten me. Should I let this go? Stop trying?" he asked plainly. A lot was riding on Monty's answer. Hezekiah's mind had been set on one thing, and if there was no point in chasing after it, he needed to let it go.

Monty barely heard what Hezekiah said; he was too busy reeling from the surprise. He stood rigid on the pavement as he tried to untangle the sentences, but Hezekiah might as well have been speaking in a different language. "What?" he said. Let it go? Stop trying? Hezekiah wasn't trying! There was nothing between them. And what if there had been? Once, Monty had felt excited to be close to him. Now his only instinct was to turn and run. "I don't know. I don't want this. I'm sorry, just - stop. I'm sorry." A tightness in his chest made him sit down on the smooth concrete wall nearby. He couldn't think clearly enough to express himself; it was as if something larger than his thoughts was taking up space in his brain. "Please go."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back