Valkyries Meeting

Hilary was barely ready to start and suddenly saw Ford flying right at her....***isn't he supposed to throw the quaffle at me...not bolt at me with full speed??*** she thought and then suddenly realized that him being closer would be an easier shot. But it was too late. Just as Ford was passing her at high speeds he threw the quaffle right at her......she would have dodged right but didn't have time and so in a giving up motion she took her hands off of her broom to hold them in the air in defeat..... As she did so the quaffle flew right near-by where moments sooner her arms had been.

Courtney was obviously sure she had been hit and started cheering and chassing after the quaffle. Hilary waited until she was just throwing the quaffle at Kiera and shouted over "False alarm Courtney, I dodged it....you guys'll have to try harder to beat fate" With a joking smile she flew closer towards her team keeping her eyes closely on the quaffle heading for Kiera.

Courtney grinned and applauded Hilary. "Wow, that was pretty great Hil! Do you think you would be able to play seeker instead of second beater? We'll need a seeker if we are going to be able to play a game against the Opaleye Assault!"

Courtney then turned her attention to Kiera to see if the quaffle would hit her or if she would be able to dodge it.

Bruin heard some hoots and hollers coming from the Quidditch Pitch and decided to check out what was going on. He wandered onto the pitch and noticed that the Valkryies appeared to be engaged in a game of Aerial Dodgeball. Interesting training technique, he thought to himself. Bruin watched the game for a few moments recognizing the quality flying that was going on and almost worrying that a victory over the Valkryies in their upcoming match might not be as easy as he originally thought.

Bruin tried to catch Courtney's attention as he needed to speak to her on a couple of accounts. "Hey Courtney!!!" he bellowed. "Sorry to interrupt, but can I speak to you for a sec?" Bruin braced himself for whatever the Valkryies might throw at him, unsure as to whether he might become the new favourite target in their game or suffer some similar fate.

Courtney heard what sounded like a male's voice call her name and swooped around on her broom, oh no, it's Bruin. She looked over to Ford and Sophia and shrugged, "I think you guys can handle the other team while I speak to Bruin for a few moments, right?"

Hoping the other members of the Valkyries would not get annoyed with her, she flew down to where Bruin was standing. Courtney hopped off of her broom and had a worried expression on her face. "Is everything okay?", she quesioned.

"I don't know, are they? You weren't too pleased with me the last time we saw each other." Bruin questioned, referring to the little misunderstanding they had had in the Forbidden Forest at Courtney's DA meeting.

Courtney crossed her arms and stared at her feet as she spoke to Bruin. She believed that night in the forest was blown way out of proportion, everyone had overreacted. "Bruin, I don't know what to say about that. I mean, I don't even like to think about it. We all acted really silly, and things just became crazy."

She looked up at Bruin and held out her hand, "friends?"

Bruin couldn't have stayed mad at Courtney even if he had wanted to, they had way too many good times together working at Gladrags and stuff to throw away a friendship over a little misunderstanding. "Of course we're friends!!! I was a little surprised by your reaction, but I guess I can appreciate that we may have spoiled your meeting by showing up the way we did. Sorry." Bruin ignored her had and gave Courtney a big bear hug instead, before placing her back down.

"Now, on to business." he said with a serious tone, but broad smile across his face. "I've been talking to my team and we'd like to schedule our 6 on 6 match for sometime around the beginning of the new term (i.e. in RL between Dec 27th and Jan 6th). Could you talk to your team and see if there are any really good or bad dates around that time? Maybe an early evening game?"

Courtney was quite surprised at Bruin's hug and let out a small gasp before hugging him back.

"Actually Bruin, I think your game date suggestions are perfect. We could address the rest of the Valkyries right now, it might be the only time we can manage to all group together to discuss things."

Courtney yelled up to her teammates, "hey guys? How does the beginning of the new term sound for a quidditch game? Do you think we'll be able to beat the Opaleye Assault by then?" ((Please mention a couple of dates that you think will be appropriate for our game.))

Sophia turned to Courtney at the sound of her voice, considering her question as she hovered. "That sounds reasonable to me."

((Thursday, December 27th actually sounds good to me. I would prefer it to be before 2008, as RL classes start on the 3rd for me.))

"Sounds reasonable indeed," Ford said as he came down onto the pitch.

((I agree with Sophia's date.))

Hilary had kind of been dreaming in never-neverland for about ten minutes. Thoughts of playing seeker and winning the game for her team had been floating around in her head. She suddenly came to just before she fell off her broom. She noticed the rest of the team hollering back and forth with Courtney on the ground. Then she just remembered the question from before. Trying to seem as though she had been there the whole time she added "Yeah, of course we can beat them by then..." she smiled "and ya Courtney, I'll play Seeker if need be....so we're only playing with 6 people I'm guessing?"

Hilary was also slightly confused seeing the opposing captain there for the second time this practice... she smiled though nd just pretended she knew what was going on.

((Ya that should be good......but can someone PM me that day or the night before to remind me.....I might forget to check again....))))

Hilary Grace said:
Hilary was also slightly confused seeing the opposing captain there for the second time this practice... she smiled though nd just pretended she knew what was going on.
I like to multi-task. I can't help it if your practices are long... :p

I'll mention the 27th and 29th to my team and go from there. Sophia and Ford seem to think that the 27th is a Saturday, but in Canada the 27th is a Thursday and the 29th is a Saturday. Did you prefer one or the other?

Bruin Dumbledez said:
Hilary Grace said:
I like to multi-task. I can't help it if your practices are long... :p

I'll mention the 27th and 29th to my team and go from there. Sophia and Ford seem to think that the 27th is a Saturday, but in Canada the 27th is a Thursday and the 29th is a Saturday. Did you prefer one or the other?
((Oh my, yes, I typed that wrong. I had the right date, the wrong day. I personally wanted Thursday, but Saturday would be fine as well.))

((I am going to assume you meant to post that OOC. I cannot do it any earlier unless we do it this week, but this week is "Summer Break." When do you get back? I can maybe do Wednesday, January 2 or Friday, January 4.))

(((What about we plan it for the forth? That's right before classes resume for me.....any later we are into midterms for me...)))

((I don't think I'll be able to make it for the 4th. It will be my last weekend of Winter Break and I will most likely be busy. Sorry, this is harder than I thought it would be.))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back