Valkyries Meeting

Alicia Barker

Founder
Alicia stood on the pitch, hoping that everyone had recieved their owls regarding an emergency meeting.

Courtney had received the owl and ran to the pitch as soon as she could. The letter worried her and she hoped there was not a problem with the team.

"Good day Headmistress Barker!"

Caysi ran up to the Pitch and saw the Headmistress and Courtney already there.

Caysi ran to them and said " Hello Headmistress...Hey Courtney!". she said a little out of breath.

Alicia nodded and smiled at both girls. She waited for a couple more seconds, then decided to start.

"Well, I've noticed a decline in team participation, so I think that perhaps it is a weak leadership. Therefore I have offered the position of Team Captain to Courtney Potter." She smiled widely at Courtney, then continued. "From here on out, Courtney will be calling for practices. Hopefully we can have our first game next week."

Courtney smiled at Alicia. She was excited to be captain of the team, but she was not very happy about taking over Liz's position. "Well, it looks like we better practice our behinds off guys, or, well, Caysi!"

Sophia walked onto the pitch looking slightly rushed. "I apologize for my tardiness. What have I missed?"

"Hello Sophia, Headmistress Barker has just announced that our team needs to be more active. And clearly there has been decline in participation. She has also offered me the position of team captain," Courtney summed up for her teammate.

Bruin wandered onto the pitch with his hands up in a self-defense position and a big smile on his face.

"I come in peace, please don't hurt me!!!", he yelled from a distance and approached the Valkryies slowly.

Ford sauntered boredly down to the pitch where his team was gathering. He didn't say anything, but walked up next to Sophia, and watched what was happening.

((Do I have my broom at this point?))

Hilary had been slightly sick for the past couple of days and ran onto the pitch after just receiving the owl.
"Hey all :D" She said with a slight bounce in her step.

She didn't think the headmistress would want to repeat what she had already said therefore stood quietly hoping to catch the drift.

Bruin was trying to help ensure that the next game wasn't a double forfeit as well. "Sorry for interrupting, but could you guys discuss what might be a good time and date for you guys to play? Maybe come up with a couple options. My team will do the same so we can ensure a good game."

Bruin was hopeful that both teams could find an hour where they could all make it to the pitch at the same time.

Courtney looked at her team members that had just arrived. "As I have just explained to Sophia, Headmistress Barker just offered me the position of team captain. She also brought up the fact that we don't practice nearly enough."

Turning to Bruin, Courtney answered, "Sure, I believe it will be an appropriate topic to discuss in the meeting Bruin." Raising an eyebrow, she added, "But are you sure you just didn't want to lurk around to hear what we were discussing." :p

"Nah, you guys are kind of boring..." he said with a friendly smile as he high-tailed it off the pitch... "Let me know what you come up with. Oh, and Courtney, the twigs on the end of the broom go behind you!!!", he yelled back at the new Valkryies captain.

Hilary had joined the team late and had had only one short practice with Liz. "Being new to the team I don't really know anything about the team. Also I was under the impression we hadn't had any practices, did I miss one?"

Ford surveyed the team, "Courtney," he spoke up stoically, "I suggest we scrimmage a bit, to warm up again. Seeing as none of us have played intense quidditch for a long time."

Courtney nodded in Ford's direction. "That is a good idea, we'll have to practice without a seeker, but this should be okay. Hilary, is it fine with you if you switch from keeper alternate to beater?"

She grabbed her firebolt and yelled, "Let's go!"

Ford unslung his Emerald Streak from his should and swung himself onto it. It felt good to be on a proper broom again. He pushed himself off the ground gently.

(I think you meant to say house broom, not emerald streak Mr. Harkonnen. You don't have your broom back until I have my essay and your elective selections)

"Sure I'll switch to beater, but does that mean that Liz is no longer on the team? " Hilary liked Liz but Courtney was great too. "Does this mean I need to buy a bludger and bat or can I borrow one from the school for now?" Hilary was fine with changing positions and beater sounded like fun. Hilary jumped onto her Firebolt and hovered for a little waiting for instructions.

Professor Arithmos Manteia said:
(I think you meant to say house broom, not emerald streak Mr. Harkonnen. You don't have your broom back until I have my essay and your elective selections)
((hahah, owned. =)) ))

Professor Arithmos Manteia said:
((I asked and nobody answered, so I went with something. :-B ))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back