Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Gay
Wand
Curved 14" Flexible Spruce Wand with Vampire Blood Core
Vader had been loving the skateboarding that he’d been learning to do in the last few months, and the gryffindor was thinking that maybe quidditch wouldn’t be a bad idea. He hadn’t ever really flown before aside from in the classes and he wasn’t particularly good at it either. However, Vader was willing to give it a try, so in his lucky and most comfortable, large and ill-fitting t-shirt, in what was likely too cold weather for it, he was on the pitch with a broom in hand. He placed it on the ground and said, ”Up,” it went to his hand, and he attempted to get into the air. Vader was certainly unsteady as he tried to move barely a foot off the ground. Maybe he should’ve stick to skateboarding.

A lot had happened in Odette's life recently, and Quidditch was always a good distraction. The Slytherin captain was very eager to get started on the new Quidditch season, and decided to get some training in by herself first. If she wanted to lead her team, she had to be good at what she did. But as she arrived on the pitch with her broom, she noticed a young boy already there. He seemed to have some trouble hovering, and Odette watched him for a moment. "What are you doing?" She asked.

Vader steadied the broom when he heard someone speaking, "I'm flying," he told her as if it was obvious what he was doing. Though really flying was a strong word, "Well, trying to," he said ducking his head a bit embarrassed by the trouble he was having.

Odette looked at the small boy, wondering if he was a first or a second year. There was an easy way to find out. "Are you planning on trying out for your team?" She didn't think the boy was a Slytherin, so she wasn't sure why she cared. The girl approached him and looked at what he was doing. "You should get back on the ground, you need to kick off better if you want to fly well."

Vader shrugged, "I don't think I'm quite ready to." he replied honestly. He nodded and flew back to the ground. Place his feet down and sighing a little, "How do I kick off better?" it was genuine and serious question he asked the older girl, Vader was keen to learn how to fly better.

The boy's self awareness made Odette like him more, and his earnest comment made a smile appear on her face. She stopped next to him and mounted her own broom at his side. "First, bend your knees." She said, doing the same thing. "Then put force into it as you kick off, it will give you a boost and help you glide through the air more easily." She did so, showing off how she took to the sky every time she played a game.

Vader nodded as she spoke, listening and watching as she did so. He bent his knees much like when he was skateboarding, maybe a little deeper, and push up with a little force. It was better, he glided more easily, though he still seemed a little unsteady, "How was that?" the boy asked eagerly.

Odette turned in the air to see how the boy was doing, smiling when he seemed to be doing better. "That's an improvement. You just have to fly a lot more to get used to being on the broom and feeling confident." She told him with a nod. "I think it's smart of you to wait until you try out. Not everyone has that insight." She rolled her eyes slightly.

Vader flew unsteadily and slowly. He was gripping the broom tightly, but he felt the same thing he felt when skateboarding, it felt like being free. Vader would have to keep practicing, "I'd like to try out," Vader told the older girl, "Just need to get better,"

Odette nodded, watching the boy for a moment with her head tilted. "You're not a Slytherin are you? Shame, we could use someone with that attitude on the team." Odette was starting to get sick of the arrogance of most of the Slytherin players trying out, and the ensuing frustration when they were made alternate. "Once you got better, of course."

Vader shook his head, "Gryffindor," the boy replied, "What position do you play?" he flew slowly over to where she was, he could feel himself getting more comfortable but not better at it. "How do you hover?" the boy blushed a little as he asked this, ducking his head a little, "I was in the flying lessons, but I can't remember anything,"

Odette grimaced a little when he said he was a Gryffindor. She didn't like the Gryffindor captain at all. "I play beater." She told him with a smile. "Do you know what you would play?" She asked. When he asked how to hover, she shrugged. "By holding still in the air, you can do that." It was really just a step towards flying, which was much more important.

Vader nodded, he'd done a bit of reading, "That's the one with the bat? Like cricket?" he shrugged not really knowing which he would suit as a player. He nodded as she told him on to hover, and he held still. Vader took his hands off the broom, putting them out like he had when starting to learn how to skateboard, for balance, "How do you go fast?"

Odette let out a small snort at the boy's comparison to cricket. "Yes, the one with the bat." She said after a moment. "But it's not very similar to that." She added, in case he got the wrong idea. She watched him balance for a moment, then listened to his question. The girl couldn't help wanting to show off. "Like this." She said with a grin, flattening herself against her broom and taking off for a quick lap.

Vader ducked his head a bit embarrassed by the cricket comment, and he watched as she flew off doing a lap, she was very good. He move about a little on the broom, one arm off, one arm on. He grinned a little as it became easier. "Okay, if I fall, tell everyone I was going really fast," Vader did like she did, though his lap was slower, so much slower than hers, but he went fast for him, and it was great. He did a whole lap without falling, though he had some trouble coming to a complete stop.

Odette turned after her lap to see the boy attempt the same thing. She did rather hope he wouldn't fall, as that would be something she had to deal with. But he didn't fall, and his lap wasn't half bad for a beginner. Odette wasn't sure what had made her help this boy, but she was enjoying it. She grinned at him and flew up to him, putting a hand on his broom to help him stop. "Good job."

Vader did enjoy the lap but he was thankful for her help in stopping. He wasn't very good at that bit yet, he'd get better at it though. It helped him understand how he was supposed to move better and quicker, "When did you learn to fly?" Vader asked, he was stilling hovering, moving his hands off the broom, and attempting to just relax and sit back a little.

Odette had enjoyed teaching the boy some things, but was glad he didn't seem to want to hound her with more questions for advice to get ahead when he did finally try out for his team. Practice did more than any advice did, anyway. His question took her off guard, and made her think back. "I was a second year when I made the team. I never played much before then." She said with a shrug. "I was an alternate though."

Vader nodded, "Did you get better while on the team?" he wondered if maybe she was just better at the sport and flying in general. He felt growingly confident as he relaxed on the broom, he was keen to get better, but wondered if joining the team would help him more.

The boy's question made Odette laugh slightly, and she nodded. "Oh, for sure." She said, remembering all the early practices in which she could remember seeing herself improve. "People will help you on a team, it will help you grow."

Vader blushed lightly but had to say that it was a fact that endeared him towards trying out. "Can we play a game of like tag?" the boy asked, he needed to get better at flying and it could be a good way to do so.

Odette was starting to wonder if she was overstaying her welcome. This kid didn't know her, and she wasn't really sure why she was helping him. But when he suggested the game, she surprised herself by nodding. "Yes. Start flying." She said, a smirk appearing on her face.

Vader nodded, "Maybe go a bit easy on me?" he laughed lightly, but gripped the broom and began to fly, doing like he'd done on the lap to go fast. He wasn't going as fast as she had in her lap, about as fast as his own, but he was going to try and swerve a bit more.

Odette just smiled at the boy and watched as he started to fly. Of course she would take it easy on him, but that didn't mean she would say so. She gave him a head start of a few seconds, then started to follow him at a slow pace.

Vader wasn't particularly fast, and he could tell that she was taking a slow pace. Of course he had asked for her to go easy on him, but he decided to keep pushing, trying to go a little bit faster. He would never improve unless he really gave this his best shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back