Closed Under Your Skin

Casper smiled warmly, holding Lin and sighing softly. "Okay baby," he murmured, feeling content where he was. He turned his head to press a soft kiss to Lindens neck. "Thank you, Lin." He murmured. He blushed as the man continued speaking, wiggling and hiding his face in his neck. "I- I feel safe with you," he whispered, clutching lightly at Lindens shirt. "You… you always take care of me," He took a deep breath. "I just… I hope I do even a little bit for you, too,"

Linden smiled as he felt cas kiss his neck. And snuggle closer. “I am glad” he whispered. He took Caspers hand and held it in his gently playing with his fingers before entwining with his. “Of course you do. You always care so much for me too, you make me so happy. It wouldn’t be the same without you” he said. He bent down to kiss Caspers head and then remembered something he was going to ask him. “Actually I do want to ask you something. You can say no if you want to” he said no rush in his words. He hoped cas wouldn't take it the wrong way. "I was thinking of getting a tattoo. And I was wondering if you would be able to design it for me” she said. Before hurriedly adding “I don’t want anything big or complicated and there is no rush if you have other projects, and I can pay you for it” he said. Though with how poorly they were keeping track of finances, debts and who payed for what at the moment he wasn’t sure how paying for it would work.

Casper smiled as Lin took his hand, humming happily. He sighed in content as the man replied. He was pleased that Linden found him useful.

He opened his eyes as Linden spoke, and sat up, looking to him through his perpetually messy bangs. "Of course, anything," He promised. He listened to Lindens request, surprised by it. "You don't have to pay me, baby. Did you have anything in mind?" He asked, turning it over in his mind. Several ideas popped into his mind, and he started chewing on his lip absentmindedly, his mind taking off on a rabbit hole of ideas.

Cas shifted away, summoning over his sketchbook. He folded in half around it, his pencil flying as he threw out a few ideas.

Linden was glad that cas seemed keen on him getting a tattoo. It was his body and he knew he could do what he liked with it, but if cas was against it, he would have had to reconsider. It was surprising by how immediately Casper’s whole demeanour changed. From half an hour ago when he was panicking to him with a pencil in hand already poised to draw. He felt a blush rise on his cheeks not sure if it was because cas had called him baby and asked what he wanted and he was a little embarrassed to ask for it. He kissed his man on his cheek lightly ”I love you” he said. Biting his lip nervously not sure how cas would take this next part of his request. “I, I was thinking, maybe a buttercup” he said embarrassed, looking away from cas as the heat rose in his cheeks again.

Caspers pencil froze on the page as he heard what Linden wanted. He was silent for a moment, stunned, before he managed to speak softly. "A buttercup?" He asked, peeking back up at Linden, glad his hair was long enough to hide a bit more behind. His cheeks were burning, and he swallowed nervously. "Are... are you sure?"

If Linden was any less nervous about asking cas for this he would have laughed at how abruptly he stopped. Instead, he just bit his lip slightly. "Y-yes a buttercup” he said his tone almost a question as he looked towards cas for once glad that his hair was covering his face. He had been thinking about it for a while he had considered just getting it and surprising cas when he found it. But he knew he didn’t want anyone else to design it and didn't feel right looking through his sketches to find a drawing that he liked. ”I was. I mean I am.” he said a little more sure. brushing the hair out of Casper’s face. ”Unless you think it is a bad idea.” he finished the words sounding slightly lame even in his head.

Casper was quiet a moment, before scooting forward. He dropped the sketchbook but was too preoccupied to pick it up. He caught Lindens face in his hands and kissed him, sweetly. "Linden," He breathed, brushing his thumbs over Lindens cheeks. Cas stayed close, brushing his nose over Lindens. "If you want a buttercup, can I have a snowflake?" He asked softly.

Linden needn’t have worried. He sighed as cas stole his breath by taking his face in his hands and kissing him. He kissed back the light sweet kiss hiding the smile that was growing underneath. The way cas said his name made him shiver 'Casper” he replied the sound lingering lazily in the small space between them. The feel of their noses together and Caspers thumbs on his cheeks made him want to kiss him again deeper, to pull him closer and not let go. ”Of course, you can have a snowflake, you can have a whole flurry. But dont feel like you have to get one for me or to match” he said. He didn’t want cas to think he was forcing him or that he would regret it one day. He was going to show cas where he wanted it, but he didn't want to pull away. "I said you had found your way under my skin. I intend to keep you there ” he said pulling his man closer to him

Casper laughed lightly, breathless, nuzzling against Linden. He shifted so he was curled more in the mans lap, stealing a few more lazy kisses. He ran a hand into Lindens hair, the other trailing down Lindens chest. "Where do you want it?" He asked, unable to keep the smile from his face or the warmth from his tone.

Linden kissed cas back slowly enjoying this time. He felt as cas ran his fingers through his hair and down his chest feeling goosebumps rising on his skin and his body melting with the touch, he had one hand around his man the other in his hair. He untangled his fingers at the question and pulled back slightly. Pulling the collar of his t-shirt down to one side exposing his right collar bone "I was thinking of just here." he said. He had picked the area as it was the area he most associated with cas. The place where Casper snuggled against him where his head rested when they fell asleep together. Ever since they had started dating, they had fallen into the pattern cas on his right, him on Caspers left. That way they could hold hands and still write or draw or do whatever they were doing and not be in each other’s way. Today being the rare time that cas was more on his left side.

Cas almost pouted as Linden moved away, but lowered his eyes to look at the spot Linden suggested. Casper smiled, tracing his fingers over the collar bone before lowering his head to press a featherlight kiss to the skin. He sighed contently before snuggling closer. "You're a sentimental fool, you know that?" He teased lightly.

Linden felt Caspers fingers cool against the spot on his chest. Followed by a soft kiss that made a shiver run down his spine. he smiled and chuckled as cas called him a sentimental fool. ”I love you too buttercup. he said pulling cas back towards him and nuzzling his nose against his cheek. are you feeling better now?” he asked. He knew it would take more than one quick fix to stop cas worrying about him and his commitment. He knew full well that he couldn’t threaten getting a tattoo every time cas panicked. he had wanted to get this one purely for himself and his own sentimentality. if it calmed cas down at all, and if the idea helped ease his anxiety well that was a bonus.

Cas laughed softly, running his fingers through Lindens hair. "Yes. I'm sorry I freaked out," He apologized again. He relaxed against Linden, content where he was. "Apparently I get separation anxiety." He tried to make light of it, tracing his other hand over Lindens ribs and sighing. "I'm hungry. Should we get some takeout?" He asked, thinking it obvious Linden was staying the night now.

Cas stood, grabbing his sketch pad, and headed over to his desk, pulling out some supplies and settling in. "You can figure out food?" He asked absentmindedly, sitting down and opening his sketch pad. "I'm good with whatever, you always scrounge up yummy things."

Linden smiled and shook his head gently as Casper apologised. casper. You don’t have to apologise.” he said a phrase that he was pretty sure was one that he was using far more than he wanted to. He chuckled slightly as cas said he apparently got separation anxiety. Not laughing at cas but at the very matter-of-fact way, he said it. I have an idea that might possibly help. But it will take a bit of time. he said. He looked at cas then. How much more relaxed he looked then he had done before. How lucky he was to get this side of cas. And how lucky he was that cas let him see the other side. When cas brought up food he felt his stomach grumble. Or was that Caspers?. The idea of take away was tempting… but “if you finish your hot chocolate would you last another hour. I want to have a try of my idea. He said itching to have a try while the idea was still fresh. He watched cas vanish into his studio with his sketch pad once he got going with his art he vanished into it so lin had time to work without cas seeing what he was doing. He got up and headed over to the book shelf picking up a book of charms and the two pebbles they had brought back from when they had taken Ivy to the beach a few weeks ago and set to work.
When cas said he could decide on food he thought about getting a take away. But he was trying to learn how to make things. And cas was a good audience. “I will make us something. Ill use that fish I brought over the other day if you’ve still got it” he said. Truth be told He was not the best cook. But he knew he had to start somewhere and fish wasn’t that hard. Rub it with salt and pepper and whatever herbs were around. fry it. Add some potatoes and vegetables. It wasn’t too complex. And ever since leaving school he was trying to eat better to cut out as much meat as he could. It wasn’t easy at home where three hungry werewolves lived. But here. Here he could at least try.

Casper organized his things, settling in for another one of his artistic lapses, as Linden liked to call it. "Okay, baby," he agreed easily, laying out his supplies the way he liked. He tried to listen to Linden, but he was drifting and he knew it. "Do you want help?" He asked, torn between wanting to help Linden and itching to start on the tattoo ideas he had building up. Whatever Lin had in mind, Casper was for it. He was fairly sure they'd end up vegetarian or some flavor of that, but he didn't mind. Food was food, and Cas didn't have enough of a dislike for anything to be too picky. "Tell me now before I zone out," He countered, picking up his pencil and leaning back in his chair to see Linden. "I'm willing to help, but if I start on this I'm gunna be lost, love," he countered.

Linden shook his head as cas offered to help. if you want to help you you can. But if you want to keep working. And I will let you know when it’s ready. he said finishing his hot chocolate and returning the cup to the kitchenette.
Linden circled around coming up behind cas as he spoke. Threading his arms over his shoulder hands running down his chest as he leaned in you go and get lost in your art baby. Just come back to me at some stage he whispered before kissing him.
he made his way back to the table and got set in to his project flipping h through pages and testing charms over a couple of spoons that were lying on the table to make sure he got it right before using the stones. .
it was some time later when he felt his own stomach start to grumble and looking at his watch made him realise just how long he had been working. Defiantly more than an hour closer to two but he was close, the spells worked well he just needed to use the right stones. It seemed cas was not the only one who could get lost in a project. ”I am going to make a start on food now he called making his way into the kitchen. Getting the potatoes out and cooking before he started rubbing the fish with salt pepper and herbs.

Casper leaned back into Linden as the man appeared, shutting his eyes and humming lightly. This was definitely nice. He kissed Linden back easily, running his hand through the mans hair. "Don't I always?" He teased, stealing another kiss before Linden left again. Cas turned back to his papers then, and was quickly drawn into his project. He didn't hear Linden tell him he'd started on dinner. Cas was three pages into designing, and he was closing in on the perfect tattoo, but he still had some editing and shading to do. He wanted this to be perfect- Linden had asked for it specifically, and Casper couldn't go back and change it later.

There was something about being with cas like this, cooking and sketching some days charting. Some days with music some days jist the sizzle of the fish that was, well, easy. He knew he was still young. Only eighteen but it was a sort of comfortable that he could happily live in for along time. Soon the food was ready and he put it on plates before heading back over to the sofa. foods ready he called giving cas a few moments to react before heading over to him and lightly touching his arm not sure if he should look at the picture or not. Once he got Caspers attention he smiled dinner time he said heading back to the sofa and lighting a candle on the coffee table with a wave of his wand. I hope it is okay he said. His cooking was a little hit and miss at times. the last time he had got something wrong and even with cas being as polite as he was most of it had ended in the bin. But he was feeling confident this time. how is it coming? he asked as he picked up his plate and got ready to eat.

Cas was comfortable, content. He had finished the preliminary design by the time Linden touched his shoulder. He didn't mean to, but he jumped a little, looking up with wide eyes as he snapped back into the real world. He smiled shyly, nodding. Cas set his things down before moving to join Linden on the sofa, accepting the plate that had been prepared for him. He took a cautious bite, letting out a soft hum of appreciation. "It's good, thank you," He said, pressing a kiss to Lindens jaw. He turned back to his food, tucking his legs under him. He smiled at the question. "Good, I've got the preliminary design down, I think. No, you can't see it yet."

Linden watched as cas tried the dish and was glad when his reaction seemed positive and not a forced positive but genuine. I am glad he said before putting some potatoes in his mouth not expecting the kiss. He turned to look at him and lightly bumped his head against Caspers shoulder. Before tucking back into his food. Cas was right. It was decent. He looked at cas as he answered the question not supprised by the answer can I… he started before he was preemptively cut off from his question. it could have waited he said though he was glad that cas hadn’t. He was excited at the idea of the tattoo and was looking forward to getting it.

Cas rolled his eyes, taking another bite. "Mhmm, sure," he agreed sarcastically, shifting to lay his legs over Lindens lap. "Do you work tomorrow?" He asked, debating how to structure his plans for the next day based on Lindens answer. That was the good things about Caspers job; he got to make his own schedule.

Linden chuckled at Caspers dry response. They both knew that there was no way cas would have waited. He lifted his plate off his lap as cas moved before placing it on Caspers shins so he could hold it and cas at the same time. I do have work tomorrow. But I don’t start until lunch time. So we can have the morning together” he said a slight flirt in his tone.

Cas smiled. This just felt so.... homey. He was tempted to ask Linden to move in again, but he didn't push it, instead just focusing on his food. "Oh, good, I do want to finish that design tonight though, is that okay?" He asked, not wanting Linden to be uncomfortable in what he wanted to be their home. He didn't think it would take him too much longer, but still, he didn't want to be rude.

Linden finished his dinner and sent his dish back to the kitchen glad that a simple charm meant that he didn’t need to get up and take the dish himself. He rested his hands on Caspers legs as they rested across his lap and rubbed them absentmindedly with his thumbs as cas finished eating. of course it’s okay but you don’t have to finish it tonight it can wait until tomorrow or another day if you are tired” he said moving one hand up to Caspers knee. but if you do want to I can clean up and then. finish my project” he said

Casper chuckled, laying his hand over Lindens as he ate. "Lets get some dinner in us, then," He glanced at the clock. "Give it another hour? You can be the time keeper," He teased, squeezing Lins hand in his own. "After that we can head to bed and cuddle a bit before we pass out," He mused. "Do you want your tattoo colored or black and white?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back