OOC First Name
Daphne
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Curly 9 1/2 Inch Flexible Rosewood Wand with Augurey Tail Feather Core
Vanity wasn't sure why she had been chosen today to stay behind and help clean the potions classroom after class, but she guessed it had something to do with her chatting throughout the lesson. But so what? It had been boring and easy, it wasn't like she had missed anything. The other girl staying behind was Lucy, the goody-two shoes from Ravenclaw. Vanity waited until they were alone, then crossed her arms and leaned against a desk. "You don't mind getting your hands dirty, right? So I'll just leave you to it." She said, waving vaguely around.

Lucy didn't mind tidying up after class. It was sort of annoying, but cleaning had a sort of cathartic edge to it. What she didn't like was being partnered up with someone like Vanity. Urgh. To make matters worse, as soon as the professor was out of the room she was going to put it on Lucy to do everything. "Hey, you can't do that," Lucy interjected. "We were both told to tidy up the room, so we're going to do it together, okay?" She sounded a lot more authoritative than she usually did, something about Vanity brought it out of her.

Vanity scowled as Lucy spoke, annoyed she wasn’t as easy to push around as she looked. She crossed her arms and watched the Ravenclaw. “Well, I think it’s unfair that we have to do this. It’s not out job.” She complained, though after a beat she picked up a rag and did a half hearted attempt to look like she was cleaning. “It’s demeaning.” She muttered under her breath, wiping one of the Dees’s clean.

"It's just nice to help out," Lucy stated as she began to collect some of the ingredients that needed to go back into the storage cupboards. "Though I don't expect you to know anything about kindness," Lucy couldn't help but say, in a somewhat catty tone. Vanity just brought something out in her, and no, she hadn't forgiven her for what she had said all those years ago. Lucy began to put the items back in the cupboard, carefully in their proper places.

Vanity snorted at Lucy's words, she really couldn't believe this girl. But when she kept on talking, the smile vanished off Vanity's face. "Hey, you don't even know me." She snapped, turning on her. "This isn't kindness it's... child labor, or something." She said, frowning. "Don't we have people for this work at school? Or professors could, I don't know, wave a wand and clean up." She scowled. "Your whole goody-two-shoes act is really boring you know, I'm not buying it." She told her, sure the girl was just pretending to like doing this so she could look better than Vanity in comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back