Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Flavio) (Pansexual
Wand
Knotted 12 Inch Swishy Ivy Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
The sign Kauri had made so many years ago when he first started showing first years around the castle was a little worse for wear now, battered with age and use, but despite its condition the Prefect's badge gleaming on his chest made Kauri feel more official than ever. This year some of the first years would already recognise him no doubt, from their first trip up to the common room, and he was hoping they would be excited for an opportunity to be shown around more of the castle. Holding his sign up high, Kauri smiled as he called out. "CASTLE TOURS FOR FIRST YEARS!" He yelled, holding the sign emblazoned with the same words up high. "DON'T GET LOST ON YOUR WAY TO CLASS, TOURS OF THE CASTLE FOR FIRST YEARS TO FIND THEIR WAY!"

On vacating the Great Hall with a belly full of eggs and sausages, something caught Seren's attention. She became interested in the sign advertising tours for first years, and it applied to her. Hogwarts was a confusing place and poor Seren felt like she spent a vast majority of her time roaming the halls, lost. A tour would be most useful and she approached the trustworthy prefect for more information. "Hi, I'd like to sign up for this tour." She said, "Will you show us all the secret passages too?"

Kace turn his head towards the shouting, a tour of the school? Kace bounce right up at the idea, it would be useful for him in finding all his new classes without bugging Wendy for help. Kace jumped right behind a girl and the older Gryffindor advertising the tour. "Yo! Count me in, thanks. I'm Kace," he greeted flashing his famous toothy grin. "This should be fun, right?"

Shane heard a voice calling out loudly for tours of the school. From what he was shouting to wasn't geared towards Shane, but since Shane was new and as liable to get lost if not more so without a whole hoard of other students to follow he decided he might as well ask about being allowed to join. He packed up them book he'd been reading casually, with his feet upon the table, sitting awkwardly but comfortably for him and walked over to the loud boy, there were a couple of other students milling about, one of which he knew from when he'd been walking his neighbour's puppy. But he ignored her, and focused on the boy who was offering the tour, he was a little older than Shane, cute too, so Shane flashed the friendliest smile he could put on, "Not a first year, but new, would you mind if I tagged along?" the hufflepuff asked, he kept his tone as light as possible, putting in as much warmth and friendliness as he could manage, which might help his chances more. "I transferred in from a much smaller school, this place is huge," Shane added motioning around them vaguely but keeping his gaze on the older boy, the smile remaining.

Kauri hadn't been waiting long before younger students began approaching him, and he greeted the first girl with a bright smile. "You're welcome to sign up!" He said happily. "We won't be looking for any secret passages, though. We'll be focusing on ways to get from your common rooms to places like classrooms and the library, so you won't be late to any of the important places." Truth be told, Kauri didn't know the location of any hidden passages himself, but he was fairly sure that if he did they would probably be against the rules, and he certainly didn't want to do anything to get his badge taken away when he had only just gotten it. "Hi Kace!" Kauri said cheerfully to the second person who joined them, and gave the older boy who approached a friendly smile as well. "Of course not!" He said happily. "Welcome to Hogwarts, I'd be glad to show you around!" As he talked to people Kauri kept his sign held high, for any more young students eager to join them. He wanted to make sure nobody who needed it missed out on a tour.

Kaye had been on her way out of the Great Hall, her first days under her belt with little fanfare, when the yelling caught her attention. She drifted over as he continued, trying to figure out whether to join or not. There was another girl, at least. She remembered her from the line for sorting but they'd obviously ended up in different houses based on their robes. Standing beside the group, Kaye decided to join them. She liked knowing things, preferring as few surprises in her life as possible and knowing how to get around would be very helpful. Kaye didn't make any attempts to speak to any of the others as she waited for this tour to begin.

Seren continued to smile, she was not surprised that this prefect ran tour did not include any secret passages, she had those to look forward to discovering in her own time. "I suppose we all need to learn our way around before we start going off the beaten track. Thank you for taking the time to show us the important routes." She replied politely.

Seren kept with the growing group of students, the boy who introduced himself as Kace said it was going to be fun, and Seren couldn't agree more. She nodded in agreement, "Hi Kace, I'm Seren!"

A couple more students joined and one of them, the older boy, Seren was fairly sure she had met before Hogwarts with his puppy, but she wasn't certain it was the same person so she decided not to say anything to him about it yet.

Kauri smiled brightly as another girl joined them and gave her a pleasant wave, though he didn't try to push her into a conversation if she was too shy to speak. He nodded in response to the other girl's comment, smiling. "Exactly. What's really important is being able to get to your classrooms in time, and not getting lost anywhere you shouldn't be. And you're very welcome." He said happily, pleased to be able to help her. Kauri had spent most of his own first year horribly lost, and being able to make sure no other first year had to struggle through the same always made him feel good, like he was doing something important.

Looking around the group, Kauri couldn't see anyone else immediately approaching them, so he lowered his sign somewhat, giving an encouraging smile to the group. "Alright! Looks like this is us! Let's get going." He said, leading them towards the staircases to start off with. "We'll do a lap of the upper castle, then double back down here and look around the dungeons, so we get to all of the important places inside the castle. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask them!"

((Kauri is still carrying the big sign, and first years are welcome to join up as the tour carries on :) ))

Last edited:
Lily had been wandering through the castle, hopelessly lost as she tried to find her way to the owlery. She had almost given up hope when she spotted the big sign. Cautiously optimistic, she joined the back of the group, hoping no one noticed the tears in her eyes. She hated that she cried when she was frustrated but she couldn't quite help herself. It was such a simple thing to not be able to do. All she wanted was to write home to her mama. She hugged her books to her chest and tried to keep out of the way.

Looking back to make sure the group was keeping up with him, Kauri spotted another girl who must have joined the group while he was leading them on, and his heart broke a little as he saw that she was crying. Lowering his sign for a moment, Kauri paused at the bottom of the stairs, crouching down a little to meet her eye. "Are you alright?" He asked gently, not wanting to upset the girl more. He knew how scary it could be coming to a new school for the first time, and wouldn't be surprised if she wasn't the first first year to cry this year. "Do you need help?"

"Nice to meet ya, Seren," bounced on his heels, tipping his head towards the blonde in his Kace's spontaneous way. He couldn't help it, he was excited about this tour. It would be good to know his new home for the next seven years of his young life. It'll take some time getting used to, even if he becomes accustom to the layout of his place, Kace bound to end up late to some of his classes. Knowing him, always trying to impress anybody who cared to watch him dance, he sure to be late. Kace slowed down as the older Gryffindor started to console a fellow first year. Kace wonder what was up with the girl.

Lily nearly jumped out of her skin when the older boy stooped down to her level. She looked at him with wide eyes a moment before swiping furiously at her face with her sleeve. "I-I'm fine, just, um, just fr-frustrated," She stuttered, trying to sound tougher than she felt. "I-I just, I just can't find, um, find anything and everyone else seems to have f-family, but, um, but I'm here alone," She bit her lip, steadying out a little as she talked. She still hadn't managed to look the older boy in the eye, but she had managed to stop stuttering at least a little. "M-my name, um, is Lily. Lily Lockwood." She introduced herself shyly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back