Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Demisexual
Wand
Curly 11 Inch Rigid Blackthorn Wand with Basilisk Skin Core
Cassius Styx was glad that he was back in the school, but he was also wondering if things would be better this year. It just might be because of the fact that he did not have to put up with flying anymore. He really did not want that. He wanted to be on top of the other classes and not leave with nausea. Though if he took muggle studies next year, he might be doing that anyway. It might help him understand why they were so dumb and such. But then again, he did not want to waste his time with something like that anyway. He just did not have long to figure it out. Cass left the Slytherin dorms and stretched his arms as he started to walk along the dark corridors. It was definitely one of his favorite places to be, and it was not because he was a Slytherin. Or maybe it was. It did not help that most in his dormmates were too weak for him to hang out with, except Terror since Terror sort of freaked him out. "But what am I going to do? Things are so boring right now."

Last edited:
Zion was in a great mood- he'd stolen back his pen in the silly little game he and Henry played, and he was hurrying down to the dorm to hide it again. He'd have to really come up with a great spot this time, hide it somewhere brilliant and hard to find and- "Oh," Zion rounded a corner too quickly and came face to face with Cass. His eyes widened and he took a few quick steps back, a deep blush covering his cheeks. "Sorry," He replied on instinct, taking another step away.

Cass did not mind it when he was talking to himself, because he was such a delight to talk to. Shame others did not feel the same way. They were missing out but they were dirty or just dumb. Or both. But as soon as he came around a corner, he met with one of his dorm mates. Right, this was... Zion. He was the one that took a punch for Henry. What he didn't get was that why he was blushing. "Sorry, for what? Do you always apologize for something that you didn't do, or for something you are about to do?" Cass raised his eyebrow as he folded his arms across his chest.

Zion swallowed hard, trying to keep his composure. "I apologized because I almost ran into you." He explained, peeking up at Cass and trying to stand a little straighter. He was afraid, sure, but he was trying to act more composed than he felt. "I'll get out of your way," He offered, sidestepping to let the boy by.

Cass was merciful today as the boy explained that he was apologizing for almost running into him. But then offered to get out of his way. Cass reached out to grab the boy by the shoulder. "Hold up. You are really going to leave after that? You should try to get to know the person that you are stuck with until your 7th year." Cass had an idea and was not sure if it would work, but if it did, he could make Henry regret ever messing with him. He just needed to pull a Terror and try to get Zion on his side.

Zion tensed, wincing automatically as Cass gripped his shoulder. He swallowed hard, biting his lip and looking to the other boy with wide eyes. He didn't want to argue with Cass, afraid of being hurt again, so he just nodded slightly. "Okay," He agreed immediately. "What do you want to do?" He asked, trying to act braver than he felt.

Cassius noticed how scared the second year was, and how he did not want to fight against him apparently. This was hilarious, so he gestured for Zion to follow him further into the dungeons to go exploring. It was better with someone else anyway. "Just want to figure out what else is down here in the dungeons." The second year looked over at his dorm mate. "Have you explored much of the castle yet?" Cass had not yet, so he might as well while he had some free time.

Zion tried to steal the pounding of his heart, swallowing hard and following Cassius. Was there a darker meaning to this? They were going to find his body lost in the dungeons years from now, or Henry would find him in the middle of the night, scared and lost. He tried to push the thoughts from his mind, focusing on his breathing. "No, not yet," He replied honestly to Cassius. "I've been trying to just make sure I know my way to and from classes."

Cass did not really have anything planned for Zion. He was just bored and wanted to have someone to entertain him. This was entertaining him, and he needed something to do. Plus, if he could get Zion on his side, that would be beneficial. But, first, he needed to see if he actually could be useful. "Well, if you know the castle, then you can find shortcuts and stuff." Cass looked around to make sure that no one was following. This could be worrying but honestly, he had no ill intentions. "I take it that you are not exactly a fan of me, are you."

Zion could feel his heart thundering, swallowing hard. "I didn't say that," He offered quickly, swallowing hard. "I, um-" He rubbed the back of his hair. "Don't hit me," He went with instead, keeping a little distance between them.

Cass definitely knew better. The boy was absolutely petrified of him. And he even said not to hit him. Cass stopped walking and folded his arms across his chest, "You really think I'd hit you over that? I don't have that sort of time to waste, Lind." Cass offhandedly called Zion as someone not worth his time, which honestly, Cass did think that. "People just don't get that I would just attack for no good reason. I don't. I have to be provoked. It takes a lot more than you can possibly think to really get me to that point."

Zion swallowed hard. "But... you tried to hit Henry pretty quickly," He offered gently, unsure he should say it. "You attacked the first time we met, within the first fifteen minutes... is it really that hard to piss you off?" He asked softly, trying to be as non-confrontational about it as possible.

Cass did have to admit that. He did hit Henry pretty quickly, but the twerp did not know his place. "He didn't know his place, so he should really learn it before I have to serve another reminder. I'm positive that you understand exactly where I come from considering how you kept trying to protect him." Cass just hated it when people tried to talk down about his family since that was the one trigger for him. One of many honestly, but he wasn't about to admit that. "You have to pick your battles. Kneel with the weak or stand with the strong. That's your choice."

Zion swallowed hard, not willing to argue with Cass. "Will you tell me more about your family?" He asked softly. "I only know the rumors." He folded his arms behind his back, speaking carefully. "Who are you, really?" He hurried up a little bit, peeking at Cass carefully. Maybe if they just knew each other better....

Cass stopped walking when Zion asked if he would tell him more about his family. That was such a touchy subject that he didn't know if Zion really wanted to go down that road with him. He folded his arms across his chest, "The rumors do the family justice, don't you think? What else do you want to know?" Cass was now suspicious after all. Even the dorm mate was asking who he was. He shook his head, "I'm a Styx. I don't know what you mean by 'Who am you'. I come from a distinct bloodline that is both pure, talented, and coveted." Cass was pulling some of this out of his ass because his father was actually born from a one night stand with someone who was legit crazy. But still. He really wished that his paternal grandmother was Nicolette Hensel.

Zion jumped a little and fell back, feeling awful. He'd only wanted to know more about Cass himself, he'd been expecting more of a comment along the lines of 'oh yeah my parents are cool' or something. He lowered his head, wrapping his arms around himself. "Oh, um, right, of course," He offered, swallowing hard. "I, um- I should get going," He took a few steps back, ready to turn and run.

Cassius figured that his words would drive the point home. Cass would not spill anything personal about himself. Why would he do that to someone that could potentially use it against him in the future? He was much smarter than that. Then Zion said that he should get going. Cass waved him off with a lazy gesture of his hand. "Suit yourself. I'm going to the dueling chambers to practice my wandwork on some dummies." Cass needed to be in top form after all. "Either follow if you want to see the talents of a real wizard with the purest magical blood, or cower in our dorms, never knowing if I will strike. Your choice."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back