Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curly 9 1/2" Sturdy Larch Wand with Boomslang Venom Core

Lily had been having a goodend of term. It was going well. She didn't attend that many classes and had attacked another student, which strangely had made Lily very happy. She was quite enjoying the end of this first year. Though the fact that she had to go home loomed and when Lily became a third year, which was the year after the next, her stupid brother would most likely be coming. It was annoying her. She didn't want to share Hogwarts with him. But the chances were that by 3rd year Lily wouldn't even had to speak to him and he wouldn't be in the same house as her. Lily pushed these thoughts away as she walked out of the castle and down to the cliffs. It was cold and winter but Lily was dressed like it was summer. She walked and walked until she arrived at the cliffs. Lily did really love this area of the school. It was nice. Lily sat down and looked out over the edge. Glad she'd actually come to Hogwarts.

Shaylah left the hustle and bustle of the Slytherin common room. She couldn't handle it. She needed quiet. The first place she thought of was the cliffs. She always went there when she needed somewhere to think and now was definitely a time for a lot of thinking. She walked across the wet grass and almost didn't notice Lily. When she saw her sat by the edge, she just walked straight past, ignoring her completely. She didn't want to talk to anyone. Lily wasn't an exception.

Lily had movement behind her. She ignored it, Lily didn't have many friends and this suited her perfectly. She didn't need friends. They were more like burdens. She had really found anyone she could trust. Well almost anyone. Lily looked over and noticed someone who actually was her friend, Shaylah. It was a secret friendship. And this meant quite shakey. Lily looked around them, no one. Why had she ignored her? A little annoyed about this Lily stood up and went to where Shay was seated and sat down.

"Shaylah, you should shower, you look like crap. Even by your standards." Lily knew that was too nice of her to say, but Lily didn't care. She hated being ignored.

Shaylah turned and looked at Lily before looking away. She hated the way Lily thought everyone had to look perfect and if they weren't then she hated them. She was surprised that the two of them had ever become friends at all. Shay never made friends with shallow people and Lily never made friends with people with as little fashion as Shay had. She turned back to Lily but she was glaring more than anything. "If I look like crap it's probably because my life has just gone down the drain." She turned away again, planning to ignore any questions Lily asked.

Lily gave a small laugh. Shay couldn't think that Lily really cared why she looked even more like a tramp. Lily couldn't ever really excuse bad fashion chooses, no matter how bad things got a fashion sense made it lessobvious and the person look good. Lily took in Shaylah's outfit. As per usual it looked like it had been dragged out a bin. Such terrible choice. It puzzled her how they were friends. Lily rolled her eyes, showing how little she at that moment cared about shay and her problems.

"That does not excuse you. Fashion is vital no matter what." Lily stated. "And it's not like you don't always live in a drain. I have no sympathy for you. Learn some fashion and then we can take over your problems."

Shaylah shook her head and kept looking over the edge of the cliff. How the hell could a problem like hers go away just because she wears good clothes?? Her dad had been chucked in azkaban with a life sentence and there was nothing anyone could do about it. He was stuck there. She was never going to see him again. He was one of her best friends for ten years and he had been pulled away from her without her realising. She didn't say anything to what Lily had said. She didn't want this now. She just wanted to go home.

Lily was once again ignored. She really hated that. Lily didn't care how bad things got for Shaylah. A retort or speech of acknowledgement was a lot better than silence. Lily didn't tolerate being ignored. She could tell that Shaylah wanted to be left alone. And that she had major problems going on in her life. And what was the first thought which came to Lily, make it worse. Lily wasn't bothered at all if it cost there friendship, they had so little in common it was about time it broke down.

"You never struck me as the silent type Shay. Maybe the problem really is bad. Or maybe your just being cowardice. Hiding from everything, centralising the world around you, because you have no one or nothing." Lily said with a hint of mockery laced into her voice. In all honesty Shay had more than her, but Lily hated being ignored.

Shaylah couldn't stop herself. She stood up so she was at least nearly the same height as Lily. "I found out who my mum is and I found out Sydney is my half sister. I was then told that my mum was pregnant but she went into labour whilst being attacked so my dad killed the kids attacking them and has been chucked in azkaban for being a death eater and killing the two kids. How the hell is that being cowardice or centralising the world around me?!" She stared and Lily wondering why the hell she was being so idiotic.

Lily took a step towards Shay. Lily was just slightly taller than Shaylah due to her shoes which made her taller. Lily showed no sympathy towards Shaylah. At least she had a mother and while her dad was away she still had known him a longish time. Lily pretend to look sorry. But she really wasn't.

"Aww, poor little shaylah. Boohoohoo." Lily said sarcasticly. "My mother died when I was 5. Starved herself. My dad hates me. And my brother is a stupid loser with almost no fashion sense. I gave up an entire life to come to Hogwarts. So excuse me if I'm very unsympathetic. Even if we are friends." Lily finished.

"Exactly. You've never been close to your family so you don't care about them. My dad was my favourite person and the person I looked up to. He taught me everything I know and now I'm never going to see him again." Shaylah was struggling to hold back tears. She loved her dad and she just wanted to be in his arms. "You don't know what it's like to lose the person you love the most in the world."

Lily began to get a little annoyed. Shaylah didn't know Lily. It was true Lily hadn't felt close to anyone in a ling while. She didn't really understand the closeness or need for friendship like most others. Lily had never been good at making and keeping friends. She didn't trust people much any more. She had been betrayed by many. Her mum for one and Livia. Though it wasn't Livia's fault.

"You don't me. You can't possible say that I have never lost anyone who I was close to. I don't use my real, isn't that a hint. I was the only one at te dance school who very literally took the hidden identy to another level." Lily was almost yelling. One of her hands was pointing at Shaylah and then away. It was to add dramatic effect. Her other hand on the other hand, was slowly creaping down towards her wand.

"Livia Delaney isn't just a random name I made up. She was real." Lily added almost yelling. Shaylah didn't know anything about Lily. No one did.

"You're just prooving me right then." Shaylah shook her head. "You miss her so much that you took on her name. Is that not showing something??" She turned around and looked away from Lily. She couldn't look at her any longer at the same time as holding tears in. She had never been like this before. She had spent her whole life putting on the tough girl act and now one person leaving her life was making her break down. "I miss my dad more than I've missed anyone. He went to azkaban because he was trying to protect my mum. He's the most amazing man I ever knew." She didn't know why she was saying all of this to Lily.

Lily wanted to punch Shaylah across the face. Lily knew what she had done in stealing the name and identy was wrong, but Lily had been young and she had lost her only and best friend. The one person who accepted Lily for her, even for the b!tch she had been at 5. Lily took a step away from Shaylah. Why was she crying, that was just stupid. Lily hadn't cried in a long while. Well almost a year. Lily didn't want to push Shaylah any further. She respected the friendship they had once had, which was now broken.

"Pull yourself together Shaylah. Crying is for the weak and Gryffindors." Lily said sharply.

"Same thing isn't it??" Shaylah shrugged. She always saw Gryffindors as weak idiots who thought they were brave when they were the biggest wimps she'd ever met. Shaylah turned back round to Lily. "Just because you hate your dad, doesn't mean I hate mine. The thing I want the most in the whole world is to have him here and it's the thing I know is least likely to happen." She had always had what she wanted because her dad did everything he could for her. He even killed a man because he called her a mud blood. Now she had nothing except her mum, her sister and her pets.

Lily shrugged it was thensame. Stupid, stupid, stupid Gryffindors. They weren't brave at all. It was a false image. Like the one about some Slytherins being nice. That was so deeply untrue from time to time it made Lily laugh. Slytherins generally were rarely nice. Lily shook her head. She didn't really hate her dad. He hated her, and she didn't like him but hate was such a strong word. Not that Lily really cared, she hated most things. Her dad unknown to him, she did not hate.

"So what if I hate my dad. You know your dad loves you, you know that he did the right thing. So feel proud. Lily said a little sharply. She wasn't about to tell Shaylah about her dad. Now was not the time. "I suggest you get yourself together, have a shower and a change of clothes and continue on with your life.

"How am I meant to do that??" Shay shook her head. "My dad was my life. I've never been away from him except being here at hogwarts." Shaylah turned back around and kicked a stone as she went. It fell down the cliff side and smashed at the bottom. "You don't know me, Lily. You don't know how I'm feeling. You never will. My family are the few people I care about. I spent most of my life thinking my dad was my only family. That made it so he was the only person I really cared about." Shaylah's voice was weak and quiet. She didn't want to be here. She wanted to be home. The problem with home was that she would see her dad in every corner of every room. That was the last thing she wanted.

lily nodded, that she could agree on. She didn't know anything about Shaylah and Hsaylah didn't know anything about her. Lily took a further step back. She didn't really care how Shaylah was thinking. Lily didn't care about people. Not any more. The people who thought Lily was caring were delusional, Lily didn't have a caring bone in her thin body. This wasn't about to change. Not if she had friends.

"You're right, we don't know each other, and I don't really care about you. So why are we friends?" Lily said quite matter of factly.

Shaylah rolled her eyes. "I don't know. Keeping the secret has caused nothing but annoyance so what's the point??" She stared at Lily. Shay was spliting up with all her friends at the moment and Lily was no different. "I don't care about you or your stupid clothes or idiotic dancing so, you're right. Why are we friends??" She crossed her arms over her chest knowing that what she had just said was going to really annoy Lily.

Lily's hand was gripped tightly upon her wand. She agreed. Hiding there friendship, had way too difficult. It wasnMt worth it. In another life maybe, but in this one, it just wasn't doable. They weren't friends. Just both of there lack of friends had probably played a role. Lily scoffed as Shaylah insulted her clothes and dance. She took a step towards her threateningly.

"At least I have a fashion sense, which is more than I can say for your poor excuse for clothes." Lily said sharply. "And at least I have something I'm good at. Where as you will never amount to anything and end up ina jail just like your father." Lily knew it was low to say that, but in her defence, she wasn't in the mood to be nice at all.

Shaylah's jaw dropped. She knew Lily could be a b!tch but this was taking the mik. She hated how people thought they were better than other people. She did sometimes but that was only with people who were obviously not as good as her. "What is your problem?! Do you seriously have no idea what you look like when you try and act all snobby and up tight?!" Shaylah was taking steps towards Lily as she spoke. "And befor you say a word against my dad, he was saving my mum which is better than anything you have ever done in your life. If it wasn't for him then my mum's twin babies would probably be dead by now." By now she was basically right next to Lily. "So, back off Pansy."

Lily as Shaylah Stepped forward did also. She pulled her wand out and held it. She didn't care about whatever Shaylah's dad had done. He'd still killed someone. And what good was that. Lily knew that the killing of any sort was bad, but surely older wizards would be able to defend themselves. Lily's brown eyes showed no mercy or understanding.

"Surely there wiuld've been a way around the death of the people he killed. And now he's behind bars, and your all alone." Lily sneered. "And have you ever looked at yourself. I can't believe I put up with you for so long, your crap fashion sense and little regard for how you look. So back off B!tch. " lily said, saying the last sentence in the same way Shaylah had, only hanging on to her very last word for a little longer for maximum effect.

When Shaylah saw Lily draw her wand, she did the same. She pointed it straight at her chest. She knew she was at a disadvantage here seeing as she wasn't that far from the edge of the cliff but she didn't care. "The first one was an accident. She hit her head. He only killed the boy because he had to make sure mum was ok and he couldn't so that with an idiot screaming and shouting at him." Shaylah herself knew how hard it was to concentrate when someone wouldn't stop being noisy and annoying. "At least my dad was able to save the lives of my mum's babies. That's all I can see from it. The kids shouldn't have attacked her in the first place. If they hadn't then they'd still be alive now. It was their own faults."

Lily wasn't about to actually fight Shaylah. They were of equal magical power, and Lily was sure, she could bet Shay for the simple fact she'd been to more lesson that she had. But this didn't call for a fight. Lily didn't agree, there were other ways. There was no heroics in the death of anyone. No matter what it was. In the muggle world maybe but in a world where magic ruled and spells that could lose people's memory or knock them unconious existed, wasn't that better. Lily took a step away.

"You can't excuse killing. Even you should know it isn't right. If it had been the other way round, and you're friends had been killed, you would not be thinking the same way." Lily said. "I'll leave you to your depressiveness, oh and next year, you can stay out of dorm room 2, got that?"

Shaylah hated how differently her and Lily thought. Lily always cared about no one but herself. There weren't many people that Shaylah cared about but at least she did care about them. Her eyes narrowed and she glared at Lily. "Yeah. I will. Then I don't have to put up with you and Ava all the time. Perhaps I'll go and hang out with those Goth gang girls that Ava keeps suggesting I go and move in with. Then I can tell them about your secret and they can spread it round the whole school." Shaylah knew she was taking it too far but she didn't care.

Lily who would've at the point walked away, stopped. Shaylah had the guts to do it. She knew too much about Lily. Lily cursed herself for being too trusting. For trusting in someone who hadn't even been her friend in the first placed. She cursed her stupidity. Thinking that a friend would be alright. It was never alright. Friends were not something she liked to have. They were untrustworth, and in the end, were out to achieve something from you. Lily raised her wand. She didn't care if at this moment someone came. Or anything Lily wanted to attack.

"Don't you dare!" Lily shouted at her. "Stupefy."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back