Amauri Zhefarovich

OOC First Name
Kaitlyn
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Holly 14 3/5" Core of Phoenix Talon
[adminapproval=11508013]
After a few weeks of intense research and following up on, Amauri Chevalier was certain that Zannon was responsible for Riley Sparkles' death. The only downside was that he had to have someone lead him to Zannon's favorite bar. This was the most run down place he could ever think of. What set it worse was that Braxton gave him some truth potion to make Zannon spill his secrets. Amauri was informed that Braxton wouldn't be apart of the case, but here he was, helping him out with a potion that Amauri felt was unnecessary, but may be required. Amauri sighed, as he followed Monty Pendleton toward the pub. After he knew where the place was, he could at least monitor it, and see if a drunk Zannon would say something to put him in Azkaban, where he belongs. Amauri held his hands in his pockets, hoping that this will be the end of the chase in a few days. The last thing he needed was someone to try to get in the way. He felt that Monty would be safer if he stayed out. Which he had for the most part. Amauri just needed this one thing from him, and Monty's job was done.

Monty led the Auror to the pub in silence, his hands buried deep inside his pockets and his fingers curled around the handle of his wand. He wouldn't need it, of course, but the feel of it calmed him. The alley turned and darkened, so that only a faint strip of moonlight and the lights from the windows of the pub offered any sense of direction, and every step became an opportunity to trip on a raised slab of stone. How anybody could come to a place like this to unwind was unfathomable; but then again, from what little information Amauri had disclosed, Monty gathered that Zannon was unlikely to care for bright, open spaces. They approached the door and Monty entered, holding the door. A quick glance around the place ought to suffice for now.

The professor was kind enough hold the door open for Amauri. He gave a curt nod, before he walked into the pub. It was not too crowded, which was good. This was the place he would have to monitor the place. As he walked to the pub owner to see what the hours were for when Zannon frequented here, his walking stopped immediately. To his utter horror and dismay, Zannon was already here. Amauri assumed that he would be taking care of his kids or something at this hour. Why would he be here? Amauri looked to Monty before deciding that his time table had been bumped up considerably. For now, Amauri would just join the bar, sitting next to Zannon. Amauri ordered a drink, simple butterbeer, and decided to listen in for a few minutes. Was now a good time for that truth potion?

Zannon Matthias sat back in the pub, proudly wearing his Scitorari ring on his finger in case someone needed him. He ordered a couple of shots of firewhiskey. He and the bartender were on a good first name basis. He had been coming here for years. Zannon was laughing, his words not even slurred because he had a high alcohol tolerance, "And get this, the headmistress is such a good lay. But Merlin's beard, she is fertile. Kid number two!" Zannon shrugged his shoulders before hearing if he wanted to be a good father or not. "Honestly, I don't even care anymore. I didn't want my firstborn girl, so I sent her off. Then I get two more rugrats years down the road. And now my little mistress on the side is pregnant. But who knows who the father is. She got with me right before she got with my brother. I tell ya, women around here are so easy."

Monty stopped, following Amauri's gaze across the dimly lit room. Zannon. What were the chances? He'd learned from a passing remark by Ava that the man frequented this bar, but neither he nor Amauri had expected to find him right away. The professor exchanged a glance with Amauri before allowing him to sit down at the bar. He was really of little use to the Auror now, and yet he could not bring himself to leave so soon. What if something went wrong? Without a word Monty positioned himself inconspicuously at a nearby table, where he could catch portions of Zannon's conversation with the bartender without drawing attention to himself. The headmistress is such a good lay. Monty's fists tightened on the table. The man wasn't just a criminal - he was disgusting. The longer he continued, the more appalled the professor grew, until it became a tremendous effort not to knock the man out himself. He couldn't have been like this with Ava. Surely she knew her worth better than that.

Amauri almost shattered the glass that he was holding when he heard about the kids. This man was the ex husband of his wife? Boy, she traded up. By a long shot. He had to remember that Zannon was a talented actor. Amauri cleared his throat and nudged the guy, "So, the headmistress. How has she been since her daughter passed?" While those golden eyes were locked on blue, Amauri did the one thing that was sly as a snake. He slipped a drop of the truth potion into his next shot. Amauri smirked slightly, "I couldn't help but overhear your conversation. Surely, she isn't as good in bed now with her grieving." Amauri needed to keep this thing on the down low, but even when he said the last part, he wanted to just lay Zannon out right then and there. But this was bigger. He was after a killer, not a disgusting cockroach. If Zannon was innocent, Amauri felt that he was obligated to just knock him out anyway.

Zannon felt someone nudge him and it was a man next to him, about his age. Zannon ushered the bartender away. A part of him thought that he knew the guy. At least, his appearance was similar to that of the large, almost legendary family around here. So, he might be an ally. He shrugged his shoulders, his hand wrapped around the shot that he needed to take and be at his limit. "She hasn't been open with it. I don't really understand why. Then again, never had a kid pass on me." Zannon slammed the shot down, and shoved the empty glasses from him. He smirked, "Surely, you don't have kids right? I mean, that Riley was a royal pain. Hated the b***h ever since I laid my eyes on her. Glad she is dead. And boy, you need something more. A little butterbeer in a place like this?"

Monty checked his pocket watch, as if waiting for somebody to join him before he ordered a drink. Amauri had interrupted now, opening with a question so frank that the professor briefly wondered if he was sane. But it seemed to do the trick: Monty wasn't watching, but could gather by Zannon's sudden readiness to disclose his feelings that Amauri had slipped him the Veritaserum. That, or he truly was a vile, shameless creature. Ava had told Monty about Zannon's feelings toward Riley, but hearing them from his mouth was twice as insulting. The inventor's heart began to gallop. If Zannon was the murderer, it wouldn't be long before everybody knew about it.

Amauri chuckled as Zannon went on, and admitted how much he hated Riley. Amauri hated faking this, but he thought that this was a better time than any. Amauri finished off his butterbeer, before standing up and grabbing the man by his collar. Amauri whipped his wand out and pointed it at his neck. Amauri's gaze locked with the bartender, basically telling him to get the hell out of here. Amauri sneered, "Tell me about your hatred for Riley. Was it enough to kill her? And if so, why." Amauri was being as cold as he could, which came naturally. He was not playing around anymore. The man had the potion in him, and it was now or never. Riley needed justice, and so did his wife. Amauri looked down at him with his burning, blue eyes. Amauri was very hands on, and preferred things to be quick and easy. But he had a feeling in his gut that he needed to be on his guard. His eyes glanced to Monty, as if telling him that he needed to go. Why was he still here?

Zannon's eyes widened slightly as the man next to him stood up and grabbing him by his collar. Zannon was about to punch the man when his wand was shoved into his neck. Zannon narrowed his golden eyes as the man demanded answers. 'Filthy Auror!' thought Zannon as he struggled. The questions were out there, and the words were flowing up and out of his mouth. He could not control it. "I hated her so much. But I didn't kill her for that reason." Zannon tried to stop himself. What the hell was he saying? He was spilling his guts out to this man! "She was... She was too suspicious. I-I had to get rid of her. I couldn't let her find out about me being in the Scit-arrgh!" Zannon yanked himself out of the grip. His secrets were out. The Auror managed to put something in his drink. A truth potion. Zannon smirked evilly, before he said, "Well, I won't go easily. But for the sake of the pub, perhaps we should go outside." He was up to something. The Auror grabbed him by the shoulder, and walked outside. This was perfect. All he needed to do was to wait until the hand was off of him.

That was Monty's cue to leave. As Amauri grabbed Zannon by his collar, the professor stood quietly from his table and made his way to the door, overhearing a little of the confession seconds before he slipped outside. A little, but enough. Zannon had killed Riley. And Amauri had him, now. Overwhelmed with an emotion he couldn't place, Monty leaned back against the shadowed outside wall of the pub, taking in several deep breaths. Ava was safe. It was over.

The door opened again, casting a slab of light down the alley, and Zannon and Amauri came out, the latter holding the former by his shoulder. Monty froze, his breath lodging in his throat. What was going on? Why had they come outside? Surely Amauri ought to be taking Zannon away?

Zannon saw someone else out there. Who the hell was this? Maybe this was his chance. The air here seemed more stuffy than usual, but it might have been because he was busted. Zannon finally managed to make his move. "Did you really think I would go this easily? Stupid Auror. Good luck finding me." Zannon shoved Amauri's hand off of him, and took that second to apparate. However, someone had a hold of his arm while he was apparating. Zannon couldn't go to his home so he went into another alley closeby. Zannon yanked himself from the person that hopped his apparation. He narrowed his eyes to see that he managed to lose the Auror, but not the man. Zannon took out his wand, and sneered, "I guess I'll have another body on my hands. I have nothing to lose. Avada Kedavra!" Zannon sent out the spell, hoping to distract that Auror with another body to deal with, so he can get away.

Amauri was taken off guard when Zannon decided to apparate away. But what shocked him was that Monty jumped the apparation. Amauri shook his head. He cast Hominem Revelio around the area. He could see faint figures. One of them was Monty, that much he was sure of. Amauri started to run in that direction. He prayed that Monty would be smart enough to cast a spell to prevent Zannon from apparating again. That man was a nuisance. Either one really. Amauri rushed toward the red outlined figures, hoping that Zannon would not have another body on his hands. He would be getting punished enough for Riley's death, and the fact that he admitted that he was in the Scitorari. Either way, Zannon would be going to Azkaban, and he would not let any other fate befall that man.

Monty had grabbed Zannon so impulsively that he was momentarily disorientated by the apparition, so that when Zannon directed a killing curse toward him he could do nothing but throw himself at the wall and pray he had moved quickly enough to dodge it. Well, he was alive. Without hesitating the professor whipped his wand from his pocket and cast an anti-apparition charm on the area; the instincts he had gained during his Auror training had, apparently, remained with him for two decades. But whilst he was sharp, and strong, he was out of practice. Wordlessly, and with the element of surprise on his side, Monty shot a stunning spell in Zannon's direction, praying that Amauri would find them swiftly.

Zannon tried to apparate, but couldn't. This man managed to learn from the last time. Zannon put up a blocking spell, before narrowing his eyes. Was he dealing with two Aurors? Zannon shouted, "Who are you? An accomplice of that Auror, or his lover?" Zannon was mocking now, and he smirked. He fired a reducto toward the man. He definitely was putting up a fight. He was a decent duelist, so he can last a while. At least against amateurs, which was what he thought this man was.

Monty seethed, unwilling to give Zannon the satisfaction of replying to such an idiotic remark. At least the anti-apparition charm had been successful. He quickly raised a shield before launching into a confundus charm. Whilst confrigo would have been far more satisfying, he didn't intend on going to Azkaban himself for accidentally murdering the man. Zannon didn't deserve to die. He deserved to rot with the dementors for the rest of his pitiful existence.

Zannon assumed in his mind that this man was a lot more involved than he originally assumed. He side stepped the confundus charm, and narrowed hie eyes. Maybe it had something to do with the victim. Civilians wouldn't interfere. How this man was involved, Zannon did not know. He cast a banishing charm, before stepping back a few steps. Maybe he could try to run. Then again, that Auror was after him. Zannon felt like he was being caged in. Yelling nonsense in frustration, he cast confrigo toward the buildings, hoping the debris would cover or kill the stranger.

Monty deflected the banishing charm, but was too slow and too ill-prepared for the building beside him to explode. The impact was immense, sending a shower of rock and bricks and debris across the alley. Unable to think in the panic, he flung himself to the opposite wall and brought up his wand arm to shield his face, several sharp, jagged lumps of stone peppering his back. When the worst was over he lunged forward into the clearing, firing confrigo at the ground beneath Zannon's feet. "Son of a b***h," he yelled as the spell left his wand. As soon as the light shot forward he released another stunning charm as well.

Zannon's lips curled into an evil smile as the chaos of the bricks managed to injure the man. However, in his glory and soaking in of someone's pain, he did not expect the one thing to happen. He managed to deflect the stunning spell, but the confrigo at his feet blasted him back, burning his legs in the meantime. Zannon landed roughly on the ground, before sitting up, growling. Now, he was pissed off. Zannon send out a Cruciatus curse, but his aim was off. The burns on his legs were affecting his ability to aim, and think straight.

Monty strode forward several paces, his wand arm still outstretched. The curse was easy enough to dodge, but he sidestepped as a precautionary measure. His shoulder felt as if it were bleeding, but Zannon seemed to be faring worse than he. Monty stopped a safe distance away, breathless. There were so many things he burned to say: that Zannon was a wretched excuse for a human being; that he hoped he rotted in that cell for the rest of his life; that he'd kill him, if he were even worth going to Azkaban for. But he wasn't. He wasn't even worth wasting breath over. So instead, his voice bitter and tremulous and dripping with hatred, he said: "F**k you."

Zannon was getting a little out of breath. This man was stronger than he thought originally. Zannon narrowed his eyes as he heard the man say something. A very vile thing. Zannon lowered his wand and shrugged his shoulders. What was the man doing? Why was he stopping him from escaping? Zannon did notice the hatred from his voice. That was a clue. Zannon did have a history with the man, but it was not direct. Zannon sighed, "What are you even doing? Seriously, I could be long gone, and you wouldn't be hurt right now. What did I do to you?"

Monty's hand shook. The question caught him off guard. It was a good one. He needn't have jumped Zannon when he apparated. He needn't even have approached Amauri with his suspicions, which at the time had been incredibly vague and unreasonable. But if he'd let Zannon get away, he might never have been caught, and then he would have been free to repeat his crimes upon more women, more families, more children. And at that moment it occurred to him that he was facing down a murderer, and he wasn't afraid. He was furious. "It isn't what you did to me," he said. "She wasn't the first, was she, Riley? This is nothing but a twisted little game to you. I'd rather die than see you get away with what you've done." And he meant it. He'd had enough of watching people get away. He'd never let it happen again.

A blast and the spell led Amauri to the right place. An injured Monty, and another injured Zannon. Amauri looked as though he was impressed. Though, Monty was not a hit wizard. He was a professor, and risked himself. He came up from behind Zannon, and readied his wand. Amauri narrowed his eyes and said, "You are under arrest, Zannon. You can't run now." Amauri approached Zannon, before he nodded toward Monty. "You are free to leave, Monty. Thank you for your assistance. It is no longer needed." Zannon could not apparate, it seemed. And Zannon looked as though he could not even run. This was good.

As the man spoke, Zannon smirked even more. No, Riley was not the first. He had others before him. He had many others that he managed to disintegrate. How did this man know Riley? This was not Jerrod. He narrowed his eyes though. However, that Auror came up from behind him. Zannon turned around and saw that the man was ready. "No, she wasn't the first. And she won't be the last. When I am out again, I will have more victims in my wake. And I'll be sure they directly affect you, Monty." He knew the man now that the Auror said it. He was the best friend of Ava. Zannon turned and tried to fire a curse toward the Auror, but was greeted with ropes wrapping around his body. Zannon collapsed to the ground, on his front. His wand was on the ground. That was it. Zannon was captured.

Monty felt such a weight lift from his shoulders when Amauri arrived that the relief nearly dizzied him. Zannon was trapped. His heart flinched at the man's threat, but after all that he had done, and all that he had confessed to, Monty would have been surprised if he ever saw the light of day again. He nodded at Amauri, and then looked away, simultaneously ashamed and awed by his own actions. As Amauri dealt with Zannon, Monty slipped past the rubble and out towards Bleak Street, thinking that he really ought to head back to the castle. Ava would never forgive him, he knew, but at least now he could rest in the knowledge that she was safe. Safe from Zannon. The professor had to admire Amauri - and every other Auror, for that matter. It was a tough job - and, he decided, still not the right one for him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back