Thomas Homestead

Kaela stepped into the room after Kale and set her things down on the same bed Kale had set her other suitcases on. She tried her best not to look nervous as she stepped closer to Morgan, smiling sheepishly. "It's nice to meet you," Kaela said, extending her hand to Morgan.

Morgan smiled and took Kaela's hand, she shook it lightly and let it go after a moment. She was already aware of Kale and Estrella's break up but thought that it was somewhat silly that he already had another girl visiting for the holidays, Morgan really didn't care; the girl looked nice and she didn't seem like she was going to take up too much room. She picked up the old torn up copy of Twilight that she had borrowed from her friend, took note on the page that she left off on and placed it on her bed stand, she wanted to make a good impression on the girl considering she knew how tough it was meeting new people. Morgan couldn't imagine being a new comer and having to meet all of her siblings, "It's nice to meet you Kaela.. Did you just get here?" she inquired, noticing that Kaela looked a little nervous.

"Yeah, I arrived not too long ago," Kaela said as she put her hand back at her side. She watched as Morgan moved the book on her bed and caught a glimpse of the cover. Her eyes lit up. "Is that Twilight?" she asked with a hint of excitement in her voice. Kaela loved the Twilight Series and couldn't believe that Kale's sister was reading it.

Morgan's face lit up when Kaela seemed to know what Twilight was, she looked up at her and nodded fervently, "Yes! You've heard of it?" she inquired with interest, her green eyes widening a bit. "My friend loaned me a copy because she is absolutely obsessed with the series!" Morgan exclaimed, it seemed like her and Kaela shared at least one thing in common.

Kale watched as the girls conversed a bit, he spun around and started walking toward the door, "Do you think you'll be okay for now?" he inquired to Kaela, hoping that she didn't mind that he would leave her with his sister for a bit. "I'm going to get changed and whatever.." Kale said, noting that he was still dressed in pajama pants.

Kaela turned back to Kale, her smile fading a bit. "Oh, yeah, I'll be fine," she said, the smile returning. She turned back to Morgan. "Yes, I love Twilight! Have you seen the movies?"

"No, I haven't! I want to wait once I'm done reading the first book. Have you seen them and read all the books yet?" Morgan inquired to Kaela, happy that the girl seemed nice.

"Yep, I've read em all and see all of the movies. Sadly it only took up a week of my time. How far are you into Twilight?" Kaela had relaxed considerably. She was still a bit nervous, but she was glad that she and Morgan had found something in common to talk about.

"I'm pretty sure that if I can my hands on all of the books I'd have them all read too. It's the Ravenclaw in me." she giggled and picked up the book to observed the cover, Morgan couldn't get her nose out of a book once she started it. "Well, I started it this morning, Bella started her first day of school and sat by Edward in biology. I don't really know anything about him yet." she told Kaela, while setting the book down on the bed in front of her.

Morgan sat with her legs crossed in an 'Indian Style' and waved for Kaela to sit down next to her, "So Kaela, are you a snake too?" she changed the subject referring to houses.

Kaela's mouth dropped open when Morgan asked Kaela if she was a snake. She stepped closer to Morgan's bed and sat down beside her. "Oh no, I'm in Ravenclaw," Kaela said, a little worried. Do I seem like a Slytherin? Does that mean she thinks I'm mean? Kaela's idea of Slytherin was Sophia, and Kaela surely hoped she didn't seem like Sophia to Morgan. Finally sure that she was being paranoid she smiled and tried to clear her head.

Morgan giggled, noticing Kaela's expression look as if she was worried. "What's with Kale and befriending Ravenclaw girls?" she smiled, rolled her eyes and shook her head. "I just thought since he was Slytherin, you'd be one too. At times I'm too quick to judge..that's cool though! I'm a Ravenclaw too!" Morgan said with a smile.

Roger was on his way to the bathroom when he thought that he heard an unfamiliar voice coming from Morgans room, he shuffled sleepily over to her bedroom door and popped his head inside. There was a girl who he didn't know sitting next to Morgan, he gave the girl a quick nod, "Hi.." he greeted while rubbing sleep out of his eyes and scratching himself in unmentionable places.

Kaela smiled happily, glad Morgan seemed to like her so far. When she heard an unfamiliar voice from the door she turned and looked at who must be one of Kale's brothers. "Hi, I'm Kaela," she said sheepishly, her cheeks turning pink. She wondered if she should get up and shake his hand, but she was too nervous to stand.

"Ew." Morgan rolled her eyes, "How many times do I have to tell you Roger...go scratch yourself somewhere else, perferably not in my presence!" she sighed, disgusted by her brothers behavior.

Roger ignored his sisters wishes and walked into the room, scratching himself once more and smirking. He then brushed his hand on Morgan's face and laughed. Kale's oldest brother was quite tall, he looked to be about 6'2; heights ran in the family obviously. Roger looked over at the girl who called herself Kaela, he was going to extend the hand that he had touched Morgan's face with but switched it quickly. Not wanting to scare the new girl away. "Nice to meet you. I'm Roger." he said.

When Roger's sweaty hand violated her face, Morgan jumped up and squealed. "EW. Roger! Get out!" she said, her face was turning red with anger. "Why are you such a slob?! Don't scare Kaela away, she just got here!" Morgan kicked her brother in the shin.

Kaela watched with wide eyes as Roger touched Morgan's face and she jumped, kicking him. This kind of interaction was not entirely unknown to Kaela, having an older brother herself. "Uhm, nice to meet you Roger..." she said, seeming unsure as she shook his hand. Is Kale like that too? I sure hope not!

Before Roger had let go of Kaela's hand he felt Morgans bare foot kick him right on the shin, he bit his lip and winced. "First....OUCH." he said holding out the 'oww'.Roger kept his eyes on Morgan and moved them to Kaela, he scratched his head quickly, "And B....you should see what I did to Lee!" he exclaimed nearly rolling on the floor laughing.

Morgan looked at Roger with a blank expression, "I really don't care what you did to Lee..." she sighed, rolling her eyes. "Will you just go away?"

"ROGER!" Lee yelled, he caught himself letting off a few F-bombs and other swear words that Nancy would not approve of. He sprung out of his bed and stomped down the hallway. Rogers 'lttle prank' wasn't as small as he made it out to be, he shaved half of his brothers eyebrow off when he was sleeping and put tacks in his shoes, he didn't know about the second prank yet. Lee looked in the mirror and cursed loudly, not yet being able to find the culprit. He was infuriated, that was not how he wanted to spend his first morning back at home.

Kaela's eyes grew into wide saucers as she heard a yell from who she could only assume was Lee. She blinked a few times at Roger, wondering what he might have done. He's not gonna try to do anything to me, is he? Kaela's look turned to one of fear and she gulped, suddenly feeling nervous all over again. Kaela was used to having a brother, but this many siblings was jut crazy.

Kale walked out of his bedroom when he had heard Lee screaming and cursing in the other room, it was something that he was used to but he was interested in seeing what Roger had done this time to get him this angry. He entered the bedroom to see Lee staring at himself in the mirror with a face of disdain, Kale couldn't do anything but laugh. Hard. Half of his brothers eyebrow had disappeared. Kale grabbed his side and had trouble gasping for air, "Roger got you bad this time!" he said inbetween breaths, his eyes watering.

Roger could hear Kale's laughs through the walls in the other room, it made Roger laugh even harder than before. He took in a breath and looked at the girls, "I'm pretty sure you'll want to see this though.." he said nodding his head and making a face. Roger walked out of the room and entered his own bedroom, Lee was sitting on the bed with a scowl on his face. "What happened to your face man?" he inquired, laughing.

Morgan silently stared at Roger, she never really was one for cruel jokes like the ones her oldest brother seemed to throw on people. She turned back to Kaela as he walked out of the room, "I'm sorry, Roger is really immature." she sighed. Morgan gave Kaela a weak smile, "This must be a lot for you to handle, isn't it?" Morgan bit her lip, feeling sympathy for the girl.

Kaela smiled weakly at Morgan, trying to return her expression to normal. "Yeah, it's just more boys than I'm used to. I only have one brother, and he's pretty calm."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back