Thomas Homestead

Kale nodded at Finn and followed him out the door. His attitude didn't really scare him, he was more intimidating then anything. As Kale walked out the door and to the car, he stood there for a moment and waited for Finn to pass him a suitcase.

"Look Kaela!" Mindy giggled while motioning for Kaela to come over to her and look at her latest creation; which was a purple horse. "Do you like my drawing?" she grinned cheekily and pushed it toward her.

Kaela smiled at Mindy, happy for the distraction. She bent over and looked at the drawing. "Oh Mindy, that is awesome! Did you do that all by yourself?" Kaela's voice was ladden with enthusiasm and excitement.

Upon reaching the car, Finn grabbed a suitcase and handed it to Kale. When the other boy had taken it, Finn held his grip on it, "Listen kid, if you mess this up, you will have to answer to me. My sister has had some real jerks in her life, I hope, for your sake, that you are not another one."

"Yep!" Mindy exclaimed cheerfully and added, "And I am going to give it to you! How do you spell your name?" she inquired with a pink crayon in her hand.

"Oh really Mindy? You're too nice," Kaela said with a smile. "All right my name is K, A, E, L, A," she spelled out slowly so that Mindy could write it on the paper. She began to wonder how old Mindy was, not really a good judge of age and unable to remember if Kale had ever mentioned.

Kale reached for Kaela's suitcase as Finn handed it to him, he didn't let go though. It took Kale a second to realize that her brother was trying to register something in his head, he locked eye contact with Finn as he kept the suitcase in his grip, "Finn, I don't have any intentions of hurting Kaela. You don't need to worry about that." Kale told him while pulling the suitcase better in his own grip.

"I had better not," Finn said and released his grip on the suitcase. He easily loaded himself up with the rest of the luggage and closed up the car, then walked back into the house.

Kale shrugged his shoulders, "Okay sweetheart.." he said under his breath sarcastically while rolling his eyes. He soon followed in the house once more and set the suitcase next to the stairs. Kale walked over back to where Kaela and Mindy were standing/sitting, he peered over Mindy's shoulder. "Wow, that's a neat picture Mindy.." Kale said with a bit too much enthusiasm in his voice.

Mindy slowly wrote out each letter as she said them outloud, her writing was very messy but she put in a lot of effort, each letter was more of a squiggle. "Here you go Kaela!" She said while smiling brightly and holding it up for her to take.

Kaela took the drawing from Mindy with a bright smile. "Thanks Mindy." She stood up and was pleased to see Kale and Finn were back with her things.

Finn put the luggage down, "Well Kaela," he said in a begrudging tone, "I am going to go see da now," he continued, hoping to drive the point that it would now just be himself and their Da for Christmas.

Nancy had been in the middle of preparing breakfast when Kale and Finn went to go get the luggage from out of the car. She had been so wrapped up in her work that when the boy said that he would already be leaving she frowned slightly, "Are you sure that you wouldn't like to stay for breakfast, Finn? You're more than welcome to if you'd like." Nancy said with a soft smile.

"Thank you, Nancy," Finn declined politely, "However, I promised my Da that I would return soon to help him getting ready for Christmas."

Kaela frowned at Finn, knowing exactly what he was doing. He had not been very quiet about his thoughts on her choice. She walked over to him and grasped him in a tight hug. "Thanks for driving me," she said softly and released the hug, smiling weakly up at Finn.

Nancy gave the boy a weak smile, she was not aware of the McIlvoy childrens loss of their mother recently, but thought that it was a good thing that Finn was following through with his word to his father. "Well in that case, I really hope that your family has a wonderful holiday.." she said while setting a hand on the boys shoulder, "You have a safe trip home." Nancy couldn't help but use a motherly tone with everyone, it was sort of her role when it came to younger adults.

Finn returned his sister's hug in turn and nodded a kind thanks to Nancy, "Thank you, Nancy, "he said, "See you, Kaela," he actually smiled. Despite his feelings on her being away for Christmas, he had gotten used to having her around again and would miss her. "Goodbye, Kale," he nodded meaningfully to the boy, "Nancy," he smiled and turned for the car.

Kaela smiled at Finn as he smiled at her. Of course she was going to miss her big brother, and she was glad to see that he was at least not completely angry with her. It was good to know they were not parting on bad terms. "Bye Finn," she called after him, suddenly becoming nervous. Kaela was now alone in Kale's house with all of his family. She was holding a picture drawn for her by Mindy, so she was sure Mindy would not be a problem. But there were other siblings Kaela had not met, not to mention that she was still unsure of where she and Kale stood. Kaela definitely had a crush on him, and she wanted to believe that he had a crush on her but she just wasn't sure yet.

Kale was relieved when Finn got ready to leave, he could tell that he was overprotective over his younger sister and he couldn't blame the guy. "See ya Finn. Have a safe trip." he said, bringing his hand up and waved slightly.

Kale looked over at Kaela once Finn was out of the house and smiled, "I'm so happy that you're finally here!" he said excitedly, with a laugh and clapped his hands with a silly dance jokily. Kale definitely had his moments when he was very dorky, this was no doubt one of them. He stopped in the middle of his dance and looked at Kaela for a quick moment, he moved his blue eyes back to the suitcases, "I think you'll be sharing a room with my sister Morgan. She should be up right now actually..." Kale said wondering whether or not they should move her into the room at that moment.

Nancy turned her head to face the kids with a spatula in her hand, "Kale, will you wake Morgan and show Kaela her room?" she inquired quickly, wrapped up what she was already doing, "Get her settled in before breakfast." Nancy smiled and turned back toward the stove continuing with her cooking.

Kaela couldn't help but giggle at Kale's happy dance, immediately feeling more relaxed. "All right, well, I guess we better move my stuff." Because Kaela planned on heading back to Hogwarts with Kale after the break she had had to bring all of her stuff for school including extra clothes for the break and such. She walked to the pile of her stuff and grabbed a suitcase and her broom, looking to Kale for direction.

Kale walked over and picked two of the suitcases up at the handles, he then walked up the stairs and stopped at the top. He almost forgot which room was which, he led Kaela down the hall and stopped at the last door. "This is it. Morgan is my older sister if I didn't already tell you.." he told her with a nod. Kale then laid three solid knocks on the door and waited for his oldest sister to answer.

Kaela's heart began to flutter in her chest as she followed Kale up the steps. What if she doesn't like me? She had never stayed over at a boy's house before and was quite nervous about staying in a room with a girl she'd never met before. I wish I could stay with Mindy. At least I know she likes me. Kaela followed Kale down the hallway and stopped with him before the door, hoping that her heartbeat wasn't so loud to him as it sounded to her.

Morgan had woken up early that morning from sounds of people downstairs, she assumed that it was Kale's visitor and didn't feel like getting out of bed quite yet so she stayed in bed reading a book. She was going to be sharing a room with the girl anyway so it didn't really matter whether or not she met her right when she arrived. Morgan set the book down cover up to keep her place at the sound of knocks on the door, "Come in..." she called out, hoping that the door was unlocked so she didn't have to get out of bed to let whoever it was in. She didn't have her slippers close to her bed and she wasn't ready to brace herself for the chilly cold wood floors.

At the sound of Morgan's voice Kale slowly turned the door knob and pushed the door open.

morgansroom.jpg

He walked into the room and placed Kaela's two suitcases on the bed closest to the window, "Mornin' Morgan, Ma told me to wake you but it looks like you've already been awake.." he said while looking over at Kaela, "This is Kaela McIlvoy, she goes to school with me." Kale introducted Morgan to Kaela.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back